PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATS NEW HAMPSHIRE - BEATS ARMY

Syntax Error
September 6th, 2008, 02:59 PM
28-10 and it wasn't that close! xbowx

Tim James
September 6th, 2008, 03:01 PM
UNH have been a FCS powerhouse and Army are a FBS bottom feeder so lets not act like this win is a big deal here.

UNHWildCats
September 6th, 2008, 03:01 PM
4 straight wins vs FBS teams.

UNH_BLUE
September 6th, 2008, 03:02 PM
It would have been a bigger deal if UNH lost.

Tim James
Army belong in the Patriot League.

UNHWildCats
UNH have been a FCS powerhouse and Army are a FBS bottom feeder so lets not act like this win is a big deal here.
Any time a FCS beats a FBS its a big deal. And its even a bigger deal when the FCS team totally dominates the FBS team.

Appstate29
September 6th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Good Job UNH! Not that I expected any less from you!

Tim James
It would have been a bigger deal if UNH lost.

Exactly. Does Army have any Patriot league teams on its schedule this year ? Those many be the only teams they can beat.

UNH_BLUE
Any time a FCS beats a FBS its a big deal. And its even a bigger deal when the FCS team totally dominates the FBS team.

Not when the D-1 team should have been a double AA for at least the last ten years.

Mountain Panther
September 6th, 2008, 03:05 PM
UNH - THE FBS killer!

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2008, 03:05 PM
UNH had a very nice win -- but this was not an upset. It was expected, still a nice victory over an FBS team...

FCS over FBS Wins:
Army, Independent (UNH)
San Diego State, Mountain West (Cal Poly)

Tim James
September 6th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Any time a FCS beats a FBS its a big deal.

Wrong. Not anymore. Depends on the teams.

elcid96
Amazing 4 FBS kills in a row

YoUDeeMan

xconfusedx

Looks like the blood is going to your head, Batman. Agree that Army isn't a great team, but anytime an FCS team beats an FBS team, it is a big deal.

Four in a row by UNH. xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx Congrats! I don't think anyone else can make that claim.

Tim James
September 6th, 2008, 03:09 PM
So if a CAA teams beats the worst team in the MAC for example then its an upset ? Yeah ok. If its a team from a BCS conference who the FCS beat then its a big deal to me.

Franks Tanks
September 6th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Nice win but not an upset. Army would finish in the middle of the pack in the CAA. Delware would beat Army by 40.

Hansel
September 6th, 2008, 03:18 PM
xthumpsupx

Syntax Error
September 6th, 2008, 03:26 PM
UNH have been a FCS powerhouse and Army are a FBS bottom feeder so lets not act like this win is a big deal here.So I guess people from RI can't bring themselves to congratulate UNH? xrolleyesx xnonox xsmhx

UMass922
September 6th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Congrats on yet another FBS win.

Go...gate
September 6th, 2008, 03:45 PM

Exactly. Great win.

slycat
September 6th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Congrats to the Wildcats!!!

Mustang Man
September 6th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Nice win UNH!

WUTNDITWAA
September 6th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Way to go UNH!

UNHWildCats
September 6th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I love this line from the AP story

Williams departed after taking sole possession of seventh place on Army's career list with his 16th TD pass, opening the scoring with a 2-yard pass to Mike Evans (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=182773).

lol 16 TD = 7th place all time? that was a good month by Santos :p

danefan
September 6th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Good job UNH. Its always good to see an FCS team knock off an FBS, even if the FBS is horrendous.

Even better to see a team on Albany's schedule knock off an FBS.

Tod
September 6th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Congrats UNH and fans!! xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

TheValleyRaider
September 6th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Way to go Cats xbowx

skinny_uncle
September 6th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Good job.

DFW HOYA
September 6th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Army belong in the Patriot League.

Army belongs in major college football.

If Air Force and Navy can go to bowl games, so should Army.

ChickenMan
September 6th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Nice win but not an upset. Army would finish in the middle of the pack in the CAA. Delware would beat Army by 40.

I doubt that.. UD isn't likely to score 40+ points on anyone this year.

VT Wildcat Fan53
September 6th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I doubt that.. UD isn't likely to score 40+ points on anyone this year.

If Sean McDonnell was worried about rankings, he very easily could have scored 42 points on Army this afternoon. Too classy for that, however.

Sean, Staff, and team -- congrats on a 4th straight FBS win. Great job!

WrenFGun
September 6th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I was there, and UNH dominated. Very impressive. Would've been 28-3 were it not for one missed tackle on a short pass. Time to be pumped!

RabidRabbit
September 8th, 2008, 10:04 AM
xconfusedx

Looks like the blood is going to your head, Batman. Agree that Army isn't a great team, but anytime an FCS team beats an FBS team, it is a big deal.

Four in a row by UNH. xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx Congrats! I don't think anyone else can make that claim.

I think that NDSU's 3-1 record, and 10-9 to MN in 06, is the only other school close to UNH's success.

NDSU gets their solitary FBS game this next weekend at Wyoming. Be interesting to see how Bison do after two blow outs of NEC and OVC teams in Fargo the last two weeks. xbowx xbowx

At least we know the Bison are well rested after the two games to date. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

LCFan21
September 8th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Exactly. Does Army have any Patriot league teams on its schedule this year ? Those many be the only teams they can beat.

I have seen Army twice this year and the only PL teams I could say they would definately beat THIS year would be G-town and Bucknell - Fordham and Lafayette would shut them out all together - HC would put up about 50 points by the end of the 3rd qtr. Fordham just shout out URI so funny a RI poster would make a comment like this. ARMY is terrible this year....the offense might be the worst in all of college football. They run the option with a drop back QB who can't complete a pass. Enough said.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 9th, 2008, 03:45 PM
UNH had a very nice win -- but this was not an upset. It was expected, still a nice victory over an FBS team...

FCS over FBS Wins:
Army, Independent (UNH)
San Diego State, Mountain West (Cal Poly)

I'm glad you were that confident TT! Because until I saw our defense against Army's interior running, I sure wasn't that confident. Maybe from afar it appeared that UNH was a favorite, but seeing an Army strength going against a weakness of UNH last year sure didn't make me feel like UNH was a favorite. All week I was having Maurice Murray nightmares!! xeekx :p xrotatehx xrotatehx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 9th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I have seen Army twice this year and the only PL teams I could say they would definately beat THIS year would be G-town and Bucknell - Fordham and Lafayette would shut them out all together - HC would put up about 50 points by the end of the 3rd qtr. Fordham just shout out URI so funny a RI poster would make a comment like this. ARMY is terrible this year....the offense might be the worst in all of college football. They run the option with a drop back QB who can't complete a pass. Enough said.

I don't know what game you were watching but the starting Army QB, Carson Williams, was 7-7 passing for 95 yards against UNH before getting hurt. He threw an absolutely gorgeous TD pass to a double covered Mike Evans by putting the ball where only Evans could catch it.

I wish there were some Patriot-Army match-ups this year because I'm not so sure that HC would put 50 up on them by the end of the 3rd after watching their defense in person. I know I can't form such definitive opinions from watching a team on TV.