PDA

View Full Version : Montana's crumbling

Ronbo
September 5th, 2008, 07:18 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

DID YOU KNOW THE MONTANA GRIZZLIES:

...Had their second 11-0 start in school history, tying the 1996 team. which also went 11-0 in the regular-season.

...Have won 21 regular-season games in a row.

...Have won 16 straight Big Sky games.

...21 Big Sky wins over the past three seasons are the most ever in a three-year span by any team in league history.

...Added to its FCS playoff appearance record with its 15 in a row in 2007.

...Have played in the FCS’s championship game five out of the past 12 seasons.

...Won the FCS (called Division I-AA at the time) national championship in 1995 and 2001, and were the runners-up in 1996, 2000, and 2004.

...Have won (or shared) 10 consecutive Big Sky championships, and have done that in 13 of the last 15 (since 1993) seasons.

...10 straight Big Sky titles ties BYU for the second most in a row (10, 1976-85) at any Division I level, and trails all-time leader Oklahoma by two (OU won 12 straight Big 7 titles from 1948-59).

...Have 22 winning seasons in a row, starting in the 1986.

...Have 211 wins since 1986, averaging 9.6 victories per year.

......Has 52 wins over the past five seasons, which ties them for the most by any team in the FCS (Appalachian State also has 52 victories).

...Has won 23 of their last 24 games.

...Have won 11 or more games 10 of the last 19 years.

...Graduated halfback Lex Hilliard ended with a school-record 52 total career touchdowns and a Montana record of 50 rushing TDs.

...Former kicker Dan Carpenter set FCS records with 413 career points and 75 career field goals.

...Defensive end Kroy Biermann was named the recipient of the Buck Buchanan Award (FCS Defensive Player of the Year), as well as the Big Sky Conference’s Defensive Player of the Year in 2007.

...Head Coach Bobby Hauck was named the Big Sky’s “Coach of the Year” in 2007 — the second season in a row he has received that honor.

...Coach Hauck’s 52 career victories moved him up to second in school history.

...Current coaching staff has won five Big Sky titles (two more) than any other staff in school history.

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 07:24 PM
You guys are falling apart.......how can ya'll fix it?

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xthumbsupx :D

GOKATS
September 5th, 2008, 07:33 PM
xwhistlex xwhistlex xcoffeex

0-1 after tomorrow.

jonmac
September 5th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Time to jump ship, or should I say bandwagon. Keep working hard to pull 'em back together Ronbo.xbowx xbowx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM
And only 2 National Championships..............

Hauck has made us a one pump chump.....in the playoffs.

I Bleed Purple
September 5th, 2008, 07:43 PM

Hasn't USC won only two championships in that same time frame? USC must be going down the toilet.

darell1976
September 5th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Hasn't USC won only two championships in that same time frame? USC must be going down the toilet.

The way the BCS is setup they may.

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 08:21 PM

we all know alpha would have some thing to say...xwhistlex

but your run has been incredible...

Grizzaholic
September 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I guess it wouldn't be the start of the season without somebody posting this.

Gully
September 5th, 2008, 09:14 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

...Had their second 11-0 start in school history, tying the 1996 team. which also went 11-0 in the regular-season.

...21 Big Sky wins over the past three seasons are the most ever in a three-year span by any team in league history.

...Won the FCS (called Division I-AA at the time) national championship in 1995 and 2001, and were the runners-up in 1996, 2000, and 2004.

...Have won (or shared) 10 consecutive Big Sky championships, and have done that in 13 of the last 15 (since 1993) seasons.

...10 straight Big Sky titles ties BYU for the second most in a row (10, 1976-85) at any Division I level, and trails all-time leader Oklahoma by two (OU won 12 straight Big 7 titles from 1948-59).

......Has 52 wins over the past five seasons, which ties them for the most by any team in the FCS (Appalachian State also has 52 victories).

...Graduated halfback Lex Hilliard ended with a school-record 52 total career touchdowns and a Montana record of 50 rushing TDs.

...Former kicker Dan Carpenter set FCS records with 413 career points and 75 career field goals.

...Defensive end Kroy Biermann was named the recipient of the Buck Buchanan Award (FCS Defensive Player of the Year), as well as the Big Sky Conference’s Defensive Player of the Year in 2007.

...Head Coach Bobby Hauck was named the Big Sky’s “Coach of the Year” in 2007 — the second season in a row he has received that honor.

...Current coaching staff has won five Big Sky titles (two more) than any other staff in school history.

That's VERY impressive, an unbelievable run.

No smack intended but the Big Sky must not be that strong if you've won that many in a row. No way that happens in the Gateway (by anyone).

IndianaAppMan
September 5th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Montana's program is obviously falling apart.

In related news, the sky is also falling.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 5th, 2008, 09:21 PM
That's VERY impressive, an unbelievable run.

No smack intended but the Big Sky must not be that strong if you've won that many in a row. No way that happens in the Gateway (by anyone).

The Big Sky's RPI has been higher than the Gateway in at least 1/2 of those years in this run and higher than the Socon's in all but one if I remember what Green26 had posted a while back. The Griz and our contemporaries have beaten the Gateway teams in the playoff more often than the reverse I think as well so what has actually happened should be thrown into your paradigm.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 5th, 2008, 09:25 PM

I KNEW IT!

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 09:37 PM
He forgot to mention that pigs can fly also

Mountain Panther
September 5th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Better disolve that program immediately.

CrazyCat
September 5th, 2008, 10:05 PM

http://crazyopinions.com/__oneclick_uploads/2007/09/remain_calm.jpg

BarefootApp
September 5th, 2008, 10:29 PM
and that poor program has the added insult of having to play in one of the most beautiful spots on the planet....I could cry....really.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 5th, 2008, 11:24 PM

How can you compare a real division of football with a popularity contest division?

USC would have more than 2 if they settled it on the field.

U Bleed Stupid

I Bleed Purple
September 5th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Lol, how's about this?

Montana is tied for the most consecutive conference titles/wins in I believe division 1 history. Only BYU in the late 70s early 80s have as many. You think one, maybe two years of not winning the Big Sky means it's a falling program? You can't stay on top that long. Nebraska fans were having your attitude. Miami Hurricane fans and players have your same attitude. Look where they are.

"U Bleed Stupid." Clever. Makes me feel so bad. You're right. You saying that humbles me. I am ever so sorry. Please forgive me.

uofmman1122
September 5th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Lol, how's about this?

Montana is tied for the most consecutive conference titles/wins in I believe division 1 history. Only BYU in the late 70s early 80s have as many. You think one, maybe two years of not winning the Big Sky means it's a falling program? You can't stay on top that long. Nebraska fans were having your attitude. Miami Hurricane fans and players have your same attitude. Look where they are.

"U Bleed Stupid." Clever. Makes me feel so bad. You're right. You saying that humbles me. I am ever so sorry. Please forgive me.Oklahoma has the longest streak from back in the day at 14. UM is tied with BYU for second.

I Bleed Purple
September 5th, 2008, 11:44 PM
I had read that it was tops. When did Oklahoma do it and what conference? Maybe there was some additions or subtractions or renaming or something.

If so, color me corrected.

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2008, 12:55 AM
He forgot to mention that pigs can fly also

Come to think of it, no one has seen or heard from Grizo for a while. Maybe he is out flying???

uofmman1122
September 6th, 2008, 01:01 AM
I had read that it was tops. When did Oklahoma do it and what conference? Maybe there was some additions or subtractions or renaming or something.

If so, color me corrected.They won the Big 8 conference titles consecutively from 1946 to 1959.

catbob
September 6th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Griz gonna collapse! :D :D :D :D

I wish.

Grizaholic17
September 6th, 2008, 06:50 AM
They won the Big 8 conference titles consecutively from 1946 to 1959.

I've seen him posting on Egriz. He's around. Just silent but deadly

Skjellyfetti
September 6th, 2008, 07:15 AM
How can you compare a real division of football with a popularity contest division?

U Bleed Stupid

xrolleyesx

They shared the national title one year with LSU (and LSU is the official National Champions since they one the title game)... and the other year there was a 13-0 Auburn team. I'm not sure you can say they would even have their 2 if they had to play a four round playoff.. the point being...

Playoffs aren't easy.

How can you complain about having two national championships? Especially with y'all's consistent success as Ronbo posted.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 6th, 2008, 08:39 AM
...is the only FCS team to make the playoffs every year this decade so far. xnodx

Drblankstare
September 6th, 2008, 07:49 PM

Forgot to mention that they also lead the nation in felonies.xthumbsupx

Cmon, I kid because I love

placidlakegriz
September 7th, 2008, 09:21 AM

U Bleed Stupid

Alpha, put done the knife.xbawlingx Sorry Bobby screwed you again. I will talk with him and see if can get him to throw a L in there somewhere just for you.

Ronin
September 8th, 2008, 02:13 PM
And what is Montana's record against FBS schools?

When was the last game played against an FBS school?

nevadagriz
September 8th, 2008, 02:27 PM
The last time they played a FBS school was 06 against IOWA and 05' against Oregon. I do not know the record. What does that matter anyways Montana is not in the FBS we are a FCS school???? Most FBS games are "money" games anyways.

Green26
September 8th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Starting in 1996 (which is when the Schedules start being easily accesible on the UM website), UM has:

Played 9 I-A games, including Iowa, Oregon, Hawaii and Oregon St

Won 5 of the games

Beat Oregon St (35-15).

Last games were Iowa in '06 and Oregon in '05.

How many other I-AA teams have won 5 I-A games since then?

Ronin
September 8th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Starting in 1996 (which is when the Schedules start being easily accesible on the UM website), UM has:

Played 9 I-A games, including Iowa, Oregon, Hawaii and Oregon St

Won 5 of the games

Beat Oregon St (35-15).

Last games were Iowa in '06 and Oregon in '05.

How many other I-AA teams have won 5 I-A games since then?

Thanks for the info.

UNI has a 9-17 mark against I-A teams since 1985. Playing teams, such as, BYU (16), Iowa (22), Iowa State, Pittsburgh, Minnesota and Oklahoma State. If there's a paycheck we typically show-up. xsmiley_wix

Canyoncat
September 8th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Congrats on a big win. Thought Poly would take care of ya. Wrong again:o

Best of luck the rest of they way until November.