PDA

View Full Version : Hey, where are ya'll sitting tomorrow?

jonmac
September 5th, 2008, 06:59 PM
(or your next home game):D Surprise, not what you thought.

Thought it would be interesting to know who, of you season ticket holders to your respective schools, has the best seats. Even if they're not great seats, let us know where they are and what the view is like.

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Student section :D xwhistlex

UNCBears2010
September 5th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Press Box:D xthumbsupx

93henfan
September 5th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Right there (in two weeks - bye tomorrow)

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Press Box:D xthumbsupx

I was there for 3 years :D

jonmac
September 5th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Right there

Awesome 93, thanks.

UNCBears2010
September 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I was there for 3 years :D

How is the press box in Kidd-Brewer?

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 07:50 PM
How is the press box in Kidd-Brewer?

They were horrible.

In '05 & '06 it was an old run down level about where the Yosef Club sat. One big open room - looked like it was from the '80s...big window w/ horrible lighting at night. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2313/2200662655_f11d5c3135.jpg?v=0 is white building is what they used before beginning renovations.

Last year was worse. It was almost like a open box. Roughly 20 yards long behind the east side bleachers. They put in a space heater at your feet so during the playoffs you wouldn't freeze.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:KBSEastStands.jpg That "shelter" with the "Appalachian Football National Champions" is the makeshift pressbox they uses

UNCBears2010
September 5th, 2008, 08:08 PM
They were horrible.

In '05 & '06 it was an old run down level about where the Yosef Club sat. One big open room - looked like it was from the '80s...big window w/ horrible lighting at night. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2313/2200662655_f11d5c3135.jpg?v=0 is white building is what they used before beginning renovations.

Last year was worse. It was almost like a open box. Roughly 20 yards long behind the east side bleachers. They put in a space heater at your feet so during the playoffs you wouldn't freeze.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:KBSEastStands.jpg That "shelter" with the "Appalachian Football National Champions" is the makeshift pressbox they uses

Wow. I was expecting something much nicer. I guess last year is somewhat understandable with the renovations. You can't see it too well in either of these pictures, but I usually sit directly above the red "Coors" sign.

bobbythekidd
September 5th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Big Ho and I gave up our season tickets located on the right arm of Head Coach Hatcher's beautiful bride. The seats were behind our OC's mother, who is a big UGA fan and thought we did not play UGA, ever. It was a shock that her son would be lined up against her team to start the 2008 season. Checking my blackberry and discussing who said what about whom got old after just a few games.

We are now located in section K, the section next to the student section. At 35, I still want to stand and cheer all game long. xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayx

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 08:17 PM
my season tickets are
section 216
row s
seats 14 and 15!

Tribe4SF
September 5th, 2008, 09:21 PM
(or your next home game):D Surprise, not what you thought.

Thought it would be interesting to know who, of you season ticket holders to your respective schools, has the best seats. Even if they're not great seats, let us know where they are and what the view is like.

I buy 22 season tickets. Only problem is, I'm not real sure where they are. I stand in the corner of the endzone. Can't sit at a football game.

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Wow. I was expecting something much nicer. I guess last year is somewhat understandable with the renovations. You can't see it too well in either of these pictures, but I usually sit directly above the red "Coors" sign.

Yea Kidd Brewer needed renovations for a long time...just the recent success helped get the money to start renovating all complexes on campus...indoor facility - baseball stadium - softball and so on.

I have no clue where they will sit this year - unless it's on the top of the newly added seats on the east side. But last year there was really nothing to do except make that area functionable. Only problem was fans could sit right in front of you, turn around and ask you questions or be just flat out annoying.