PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the sudden cockiness of a few NDSU fans?

mlbowl
September 5th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Is it based on last seasons success...or the HUGE victory over Austin Peay?...just wondering:)

UNHWildCats
September 5th, 2008, 04:31 PM
sudden?

Hansel
September 5th, 2008, 04:33 PM
http://www.grizzoulian.com/IMG_0313.JPG

ursus arctos horribilis
September 5th, 2008, 04:36 PM
You will notice that's it's only a couple of them and that is their gimmick and has been since they started posting a couple of months ago. The vast majority are well informed football people that definitely add a lot to the discussions so you will have to suffer the few fools and not associate them with the program's public image. Every program has some tools that we can't do anything about except beat them like a drum and endure their triflin' ways.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 5th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Hansel is a good guy.

mlbowl
September 5th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Hansel is a good guy.

I know this....Hansel's so hot right nowxnodx

bisonwest
September 5th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I admit Bison fans can be cocky. I haven't noticed any more lately though. It is quite amusing that a Griz fan would call us out on it. I mean you guys wrote the the book on cockiness.

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 04:43 PM
You will notice that's it's only a couple of them and that is their gimmick and has been since they started posting a couple of months ago. The vast majority are well informed football people that definitely add a lot to the discussions so you will have to suffer the few fools and not associate them with the program's public image. Every program has some tools that we can't do anything about except beat them like a drum and endure their triflin' ways.

Agreed xnodx xnodx

Not to mention everyone has to put up with them. Ex: There are so many ASU fans that make me want to bang my head on a wall. xnonono2x

mlbowl
September 5th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I admit Bison fans can be cocky. I haven't noticed any more lately though. It is quite amusing that a Griz fan would call us out on it. I mean you guys wrote the the book on cockiness.

I'm referring to a couple fans in the Montana @ Cal Poly thread(they know who they arexnodx )

Hansel
September 5th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Hansel is a good guy.

xbeerchugx xsmoochx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 5th, 2008, 04:55 PM
NDSU fans can be cocky if they want, not to steal a line from Kid Rock but:

"They say I'm cocky, I say what, it ain't braggin mutha*****er if you back it up"

If I had their team I would brag as well......

citdog
September 5th, 2008, 04:56 PM
it's the climate....which is unfit for human habitation

Hansel
September 5th, 2008, 04:57 PM
http://benner.chattablogs.com/archives/hansel_6.jpg
I know this....Hansel's so hot right nowxnodx

bisonguy
September 5th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I'm referring to a couple fans in the Montana @ Cal Poly thread(they know who they arexnodx )

It's probably just the repercussions from everyone complaining about the NDSU n00bs in the FCS Elimination Game thread not posting anywhere else. xwhistlex

AZGrizFan
September 5th, 2008, 05:09 PM

You mean the 13 straight division titles, 15 straight playoff appearances, 5 NC appearances, 2 NC's and 198/203 weeks ranked in the top 25 kind of cockiness? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

Them's just the facts, ma'am. xsmiley_wix

FCS Go!
September 5th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I haven't noticed anything new. (;) )

There is that annoying guy from Marshall all over the UM-CP thread. You know " Blithering Turd" or whatever.

AZGrizFan
September 5th, 2008, 05:16 PM
NDSU fans...buncha Johnny-come-latelys.... xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

bisonwest
September 5th, 2008, 05:31 PM
You mean the 13 straight division titles, 15 straight playoff appearances, 5 NC appearances, 2 NC's and 198/203 weeks ranked in the top 25 kind of cockiness? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

I never said you don't have a reason to be cocky. We'll just see who's braggin at the end of this season ma'am.:) :) :)

bisonwest
September 5th, 2008, 05:32 PM

There is that annoying guy from Marshall all over the UM-CP thread. You know " Blithering Turd" or whatever.

Honestly haven't read a bit of that thread. Probably will now.

NoCoDanny
September 5th, 2008, 05:33 PM
They have always been arrogant and have always had the chip on the shoulder but they disapear when things turn bad but credit to their program they have won a lot over the years and that breeds this sort of stuff.

Thundering_Herd
September 5th, 2008, 05:53 PM

Whom do you speak of? Little ol' me??? I'm as harmless as a 'kitty cat'. And for those who don't know, I'm Blundering Turd now since most don't like the fact that the nickname for the Bison is the Thundering Herd and I use that name here. It reminds them too much of a guy named Marshall who stood them up on a date years ago or something like that. I like to give hell to the Griz fans cause they get worked up so easily, it's hilarious! I don't mind the App State fans cause at least they can laugh at themselves from time to time!

The Griz fans wrote the book on cockiness and they need to read the book 'So,...you can dish it out, but you little girls can't take it? Ten easy steps to being less defensive and getting thicker skin.' God knows EVERYONE is jealous of the Griz cause they are the only team in FCS with die-hard fans and they make all of that money! I'm sorry for going after such a powerful program with a long criminal record. Ooops! I meant a long, proud past! won't happen again...:D :D :D

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 5th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Don't lump me in with those peck*rheads,

I think for myself and can call BS on the kool aid drinking myopic maroon fans. Trust me I know exactly who you are talking about.

AmsterBison
September 5th, 2008, 06:03 PM
sudden?

Hahaaha! That was my first thought too. Bison fans have been cocky for 40+ years. Prime example: Coming off a 2-8 season in D2, at least half the guys on Bisonville were still predicting a Bison win at Montana back in '03.

You'd think that since the entire state lives in a flood plain, we'd be at least as good at sandbagging as Georgia Southern fans.

Wolfman
September 5th, 2008, 06:07 PM

Do they still use cow patties from that field behind the stadium as fertilizer for the playing surface? I know that the Bison players get used to it. But, it is an unfair advantage for visiting teams.

Wolfman
September 5th, 2008, 06:12 PM

Don't embarrass the UM fan base by bragging about meanigless rankings, conference championships in the Pig Sty Conference, or w/l record derived from playing a steady parade of patsies. These fans from other schools are not stupid. They know our playoff record. Stop living in the past. This is the Hauck era, remember? No time for getting cocky in a national forum.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2008, 06:26 PM
What's wrong with givin' each other alittle sh** . Montana is one of the "top dogs" in FCS and NDSU wants to be one. I'm orig from W ND and the Mon/ND rivalry has always been there.....big brother/little brother. Now little brother is getting pretty big.......UM/NDSU should have an annual game.

Old rivals that will now (maybe) start up againxthumbsupx xthumbsupx

This board is for fun and more should treat it that way. Montana has a great program....so does NDSU. NDSU hasn't been in the FCS that long ( I like 1AA betterxsmiley_wix ) but has the resources to be one of the best in this division. Maybe some see the Bison getting too much respect or accolades for not being at this level for long enough.

UM/MSU/NDSU --- great rivals that should play each other more often:D :D

AZBison
September 5th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I'm offended, there are much more than a few cocky NDSU fans thank you very much.

IABison
September 5th, 2008, 06:48 PM

I just want to know what's up with that Canadian flag? I've been to Missoula before, but I don't remember it being THAT far north! xeekx

darell1976
September 5th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I thought NDSU/UND had fans bickering back and forth its nice to finally watch from the sidelines. I wonder what happens when UND gets a crack at Montana..watch the cockyness fly around the forum!xlolx

BisonBacker
September 5th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I thought NDSU/UND had fans bickering back and forth its nice to finally watch from the sidelines. I wonder what happens when UND gets a crack at Montana..watch the cockyness fly around the forum!xlolx

You would have to travel to Montana for a chance at that no way they travel to Grand Forks and don't expect a return trip ;)

darell1976
September 5th, 2008, 07:05 PM
You would have to travel to Montana for a chance at that no way they travel to Grand Forks and don't expect a return trip ;)

They won't come to our state because they are too scared! And not enough sheep.xlolx

JBB
September 5th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Imitation is flattery of the highest order. Of course you want to go to Montana. Good Luck.

No_Skill
September 5th, 2008, 09:20 PM
NDSU fans...buncha Johnny-come-latelys.... xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Don't worry. You'll only have to deal with us for a few more years. We're moving up to the FBS baby!

Gully
September 5th, 2008, 09:21 PM

Shoot, as a Bison fan who would I chear for? Maybe hope for a scoreless tie in a game that was called after 12 OTs.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 5th, 2008, 09:42 PM

Sounds eerily familiar to what a lot of the NDSU guys have said about traveling to their own in state rival.

BisonBacker
September 5th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Sounds eerily familiar to what a lot of the NDSU guys have said about traveling to their own in state rival.

Nice try but we don't have an instate rival.xnonox

ursus arctos horribilis
September 5th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Nice try but we don't have an instate rival.xnonox

Sure you do, there is a team in state that you have played many times in the past...hence, an in state rival.

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I must have missed it.......when did NDSU and Montana fans become hateful to each other? xwhistlex

uofmman1122
September 5th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I must have missed it.......when did NDSU and Montana fans become hateful to each other? xwhistlexEver since that first Nort' Dakotan looked across that state border and saw that the prairie on the other side was greener. xwhistlex

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Ever since that first Nort' Dakotan looked across that state border and saw that the prairie on the other side was greener. xwhistlex

Ah ok...makes a lot of sense xreadx xcoffeex

Thundering_Herd
September 5th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I must have missed it.......when did NDSU and Montana fans become hateful to each other? xwhistlex

Ever since the griz fans stole all of our sheep and took them back to Montana with them. Velcro gloves + sheep = hours of fun for Montanans!!! Can't anyone control those hoodlums?

Griz fans hate us cause we took away all of their humility! Some of us obviously gave it away to Georgia Southern's fans though!! :D
Now the Griz fans are damned to a life of over-confidence. So, for you keeping track at home, that's 2 deadly sins committed by Griz fans: 1. PRIDE for their fb program, and 2. LUST for their fluffy companions!!!

I'm sorry Griz fans! Please don't carpet-bomb me with unwitty comebacks!!! OK, for reals,... I'll clean it up! xpeacex

Wolfman
September 5th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Ever since the griz fans stole all of our sheep and took them back to Montana with them. Velcro gloves + sheep = hours of fun for Montanans!!! Can't anyone control those hoodlums?

Griz fans hate us cause we took away all of their humility! Some of us obviously gave it away to Georgia Southern's fans though!! :D
Now the Griz fans are damned to a life of over-confidence. So, for you keeping track at home, that's 2 deadly sins committed by Griz fans: 1. PRIDE for their fb program, and 2. LUST for their fluffy companions!!!

I'm sorry Griz fans! Please don't carpet-bomb me with unwitty comebacks!!! OK, for reals,... I'll clean it up! xpeacex

You will not get much response. There is an erie lull over the Griz nation this week, as we prepare for the season to start. I have never witnessed the trepidation and resignation of most Griz fans about this season. The energy has been drained from the fan base. It's really quite sad.

Thunderstruck84
September 5th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Success breeds arrogance and arrogance breeds foolishness.

The amount of cocky fans are directly proportionate to success of their sports teams.... ***coughBOSTONcough***

mlbowl
September 6th, 2008, 12:17 AM
You will not get much response. There is an erie lull over the Griz nation this week, as we prepare for the season to start. I have never witnessed the trepidation and resignation of most Griz fans about this season. The energy has been drained from the fan base. It's really quite sad.

Give us all a break...Give Dr. Kevorkian a call and get it over withxrolleyesx

Thundering_Herd
September 6th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Give us all a break...Give Dr. Kevorkian a call and get it over withxrolleyesx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Don't embarrass the UM fan base by bragging about meanigless rankings, conference championships in the Pig Sty Conference, or w/l record derived from playing a steady parade of patsies. These fans from other schools are not stupid. They know our playoff record. Stop living in the past. This is the Hauck era, remember? No time for getting cocky in a national forum.

Don't worry...you've got the market cornered on embarrassing the UM fan base. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Don't worry. You'll only have to deal with us for a few more years. We're moving up to the FBS baby!

Dont' let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya on the way out.... xlolx

catbob
September 6th, 2008, 03:23 AM
I too find it ironic that a Griz fan would call out NDSU for being arrogant. That being said, NDSU fans are being quite pretentious lately; they haven't achieved a thing at our level (beating IA foes does not count, sorry).

All else aside, NDSU 'shoud' be in the playoffs for their first time in DI history.

mlbowl
September 6th, 2008, 06:32 AM
I too find it ironic that a Griz fan would call out NDSU for being arrogant.

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

This is about a couple of NDSU fans(like I said before, they know who they are) that feel the overwhelming and constant need to take shots at bashing our program.

LetsGoSioux!
September 6th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I'm actually going to defend NDSU here...wow! Their fans should be cocky, they are the #1 ranked team in the country. They have a very good team. Just wait a few years, UND will be right up there as well, and you will have 2 North Dakota schools to whine about on Internet forums!

Hey Montana: why don't you play either of our squads in ND? Are ya...chicken?

Gully
September 6th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I too find it ironic that a Griz fan would call out NDSU for being arrogant. That being said, NDSU fans are being quite pretentious lately; they haven't achieved a thing at our level (beating IA foes does not count, sorry).

All else aside, NDSU 'shoud' be in the playoffs for their first time in DI history.

Beating IA teams doesn't count? That doesn't make much sense, sorry. We haven't been allowed to participate in the playoffs....we would have made it the last two years and then who knows what would have happened.

Yes, we have not won a single DI playoff game but to deny that we've been very successfull against DI opponents is to bury your head in the sand or be completely dishonest.

Appy is currently the best FCS program and has a few titles to show for it.....but what are they best known for......beating Michigan in the big house.

All that said, I don't disagree with your main point that a few Bison posters are way over the top.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2008, 08:12 AM

Beating 1As doesn't countxrolleyesx xrolleyesx

IABison
September 6th, 2008, 08:22 AM

I'm pretty sure most griz fans on this board would love to see an annual game against either NDSU or UND...

It's the UM admin that your comments need to be sent to... they don't want the game... xsmiley_wix

SideLine Shooter
September 6th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Success breeds arrogance and arrogance breeds foolishness.

The amount of cocky fans are directly proportionate to success of their sports teams.... ***coughBOSTONcough***

EXACTLY!xnodx It sure is fun ain't it. Everyone knows it probably won't last forever. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. It sure is fun being at the top.

JBB
September 6th, 2008, 09:15 AM

I sure hope so.

Wolfman
September 6th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Don't worry...you've got the market cornered on embarrassing the UM fan base. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

No, I leave that task up to the sugar coaters like you who try to defend Bobby Hauck to the nation. I regain some respect for the Griz by telling it like it really is, instead of how you incorrectly perceive it to be.

McNeese75
September 6th, 2008, 10:29 AM

Ahhhh, just what the FBS needs, another red-headed step child xwhistlex

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Ahhhh, just what the FBS needs, another red-headed step child xwhistlex

With 85 schollies....I think the Bison would do just fine. We already proved that we can beat the best in the MAC and with 85 schollies we could finish in the middle of the pack in the BIG 10.

Right now we could do just fine in a lot of the lower FBS conferences.

Bison have a lot of potential

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Thundar
September 6th, 2008, 11:07 AM
With 85 schollies....I think the Bison would do just fine. We already proved that we can beat the best in the MAC and with 85 schollies we could finish in the middle of the pack in the BIG 10.

Right now we could do just fine in a lot of the lower FBS conferences.

Bison have a lot of potential

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Thats quite an assumption!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Thats quite an assumption!

What assumption???

Central Mich won the MAC...we beat them by 30 in their housexnonox xnonox

With 85 schollies...would we be a OSU-Mich...no ,but we would beat Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, Minn ( done that )....maybes Ill, Mich St, IA.....like I said....middle-of-the-pack!!

Sun-Belt, Con USA, MW....we would be at the top or near with 85 schollies.... my 2$

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

biggame
September 6th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Ever since that first Nort' Dakotan looked across that state border and saw that the prairie on the other side was greener. xwhistlex

That part of each state doesn't provide any "green";)

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2008, 11:39 AM
What assumption???

Central Mich won the MAC...we beat them by 30 in their housexnonox xnonox

With 85 schollies...would we be a OSU-Mich...no ,but we would beat Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, Minn ( done that )....maybes Ill, Mich St, IA.....like I said....middle-of-the-pack!!

Sun-Belt, Con USA, MW....we would be at the top or near with 85 schollies.... my 2$

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Oh, yes of course this is how it would be! App. State would have also beaten Florida by a score of 43-35 in last years Capital One bowl. That's some good stuff there. I guess when UM whipped up on Oregon State we proabaly would have finished fairly high in the PAC 10 especially when we had just barely lost at Oregon a couple of years before that.

mlbowl
September 6th, 2008, 11:45 AM

OMG...please tell me you're f'n joking...seriously...stop...my sides are hurtin'xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Oh, yes of course this is how it would be! App. State would have also beaten Florida by a score of 43-35 in last years Capital One bowl. That's some good stuff there. I guess when UM whipped up on Oregon State we proabaly would have finished fairly high in the PAC 10 especially when we had just barely lost at Oregon a couple of years before that.

My opinion, palxthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2008, 11:51 AM
My opinion, palxthumbsupx

Yes it is, and a dumb one at that, pal.

BisonBohl
September 6th, 2008, 01:31 PM
FBS is crazy talk...so please quit dreaming and let establish something here in FCS. But Montana please feel free to come to the dome anytime. We would love to have you come over for a game.

mlbowl
September 6th, 2008, 01:56 PM
http://benner.chattablogs.com/archives/hansel_6.jpg

xbeerchugx

semobison
September 6th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Agreed, FBS talk and comparisons are foolish at this point. Note; We didnt even win our conference last year! Lets win a FCS NC first, then that kind of talk will be somewhat acceptable...

JBB
September 6th, 2008, 02:42 PM
If I hadnt heard from a very very reliable source first hand that FBS (D1A at the time) was the long term goal, 10 years or so, for NDSU football I would agree with you.

Hammerhead
September 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Why should any team fans not be cocky when they only have 1 loss in each of the past two seasons? And why shouldn't they be proud of a team that is 3-1 against FBS teams over that same time period?

Drblankstare
September 6th, 2008, 07:36 PM
NDSU has a winning program right now. To certain fans on this board, that means a free pass to make sure everyone knows about it. Personally I dont think its any worse than any other schools fans...................... Okay maybe its a little worse. xlolx xlolx xlolx

mlbowl
September 6th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Why should any team fans not be cocky when they only have 1 loss in each of the past two seasons? And why shouldn't they be proud of a team that is 3-1 against FBS teams over that same time period?

Did you bother to read any of my posts...Pride in your team is great...in fact, expected (unless you're wolfman or alphagriz)...but there are a couple NDSU fans that feel it's necessary to continually take pot shots at bashing the Griz...They need to take their weak azz ***** to the smack board!

NoCoDanny
September 6th, 2008, 07:53 PM
ND State has taken three or four FBS teams behind the woodshed the last couple years and they deserve huge props for that but to think that translates to doing it week in and week out is a big leap. So yeah it's one thing to come in under the radar and overlooked and pull an upset and another to play a Big 10 schedule every year and compete. Please though dude I'd love to have some of what you're smoking.

Hammerhead
September 6th, 2008, 11:17 PM
If I'm remembering correctly, NDSU has beaten Montana the last 2 times we played. Therefore our fans earned the rights to take pot shots. xnodx

Did you bother to read any of my posts...Pride in your team is great...in fact, expected (unless you're wolfman or alphagriz)...but there are a couple NDSU fans that feel it's necessary to continually take pot shots at bashing the Griz...They need to take their weak azz ***** to the smack board!

mlbowl
September 7th, 2008, 01:44 AM
No, I leave that task up to the sugar coaters like you who try to defend Bobby Hauck to the nation. I regain some respect for the Griz by telling it like it really is, instead of how you incorrectly perceive it to be.

Oh Wolfman...where are you???

AZGrizFan
September 7th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Oh Wolfman...where are you???

He's crying in his ******ING beer, because he finally missed on predicting a Griz loss. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

mvemjsunpx
September 7th, 2008, 03:43 AM
If I'm remembering correctly, NDSU has beaten Montana the last 2 times we played. Therefore our fans earned the rights to take pot shots. xnodx

Actually, it's 3 straight, but only one of those was within the last 35 years.

I think the statute of limitations has run out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2008, 08:12 AM
ND State has taken three or four FBS teams behind the woodshed the last couple years and they deserve huge props for that but to think that translates to doing it week in and week out is a big leap. So yeah it's one thing to come in under the radar and overlooked and pull an upset and another to play a Big 10 schedule every year and compete. Please though dude I'd love to have some of what you're smoking.

Not smoking anything...dude. Read my post. "IF" NDSU had a full 85 schollies they could compete.

Grizz could do the same thing...full 85 schollies could compete in many 1A conferences.

Big 10 (11) has some crap teams.....Minn, Indiana, NW and some mediocre teams...Iowa, MSU, Purdue, Ill, ......like I said before...Grizz and Bison, I believe, if they had 85 schollies could do pretty darn well. BSC contenders...no but very respectable.

Now the UNC Bears...that is another storyxthumbsupx xthumbsupx

No_Skill
September 7th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Not smoking anything...dude. Read my post. "IF" NDSU had a full 85 schollies they could compete.

Grizz could do the same thing...full 85 schollies could compete in many 1A conferences.

Big 10 (11) has some crap teams.....Minn, Indiana, NW and some mediocre teams...Iowa, MSU, Purdue, Ill, ......like I said before...Grizz and Bison, I believe, if they had 85 schollies could do pretty darn well. BCS contenders...no but very respectable.

Now the UNC Bears...that is another storyxthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Fixed it for you. There's no way you meant the BSC :D

fuel the fire baby!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Fixed it for you. There's no way you meant the BSC :D

fuel the fire baby!

LOL...Thanks!!

Bison101
September 7th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I think that this should be in the smack thread.:D

NDSUFREAK
September 7th, 2008, 06:45 PM
i dont associate with those NDSU fans that have a bad rep on here haha

4mcrue
September 7th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Not really sure where to start, I utmost respect U of M, Ga so., APP, and those programs that show excellence at this level. I also (god am I saying this) support our brothers to the north when people bash ND teams. We have tradition here in North Dakota, we were equal to Montana til you guys had some more cash and insight, better leadership and moved up without us. Well, we finally saw the light. I don't condone the cocky ndsu fans, but I guess we finally said "who's next".
8 national championships: 1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990
2 harlon hill trophy winners (#1, best QB in DII history, #10 not far behind)
24 conference championships, 26 years in the top 17 of the national polls, 23 years in post season action, and 351-92-4 over that span.
Yes, we had some down years, we came from a tough conference (UND, USD, SDSU), but we are here now. And like it or not, NDSU and eventually UND are gonna punch some teams right in the mouth.

Thunderstruck84
September 7th, 2008, 08:03 PM
NDSU is no where close to realisticly making the jump to 1A at this point. We have great facilities for an FCS school but to move to FBS we'd need a new stadium first and foremost. I don't doubt that it is the long term goal but it's going to be a while before we can legitimately make that jump.

I love Bison football as much as anyone but a lot of our fans and other teams fans forget that if your team is really that good you won't have to tell everyone about it while pounding your chest for it to be realized.

4mcrue
September 7th, 2008, 08:09 PM
FBS, no way, I even understand how much a school like U of M makes, and has been bragged about in threads on bisonville, egriz, and AGS of how many millions they gross. BUT, a move to FBS? I will believe it when I see it. As far as the Herd, we gotta beat some teams at this level first.

katstrapper
September 7th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Is it based on last seasons success...or the HUGE victory over Austin Peay?...just wondering:)

If that's not the pot calling the kettle black!!!xnodx xlolx

Wolfman
September 8th, 2008, 12:05 AM
NDSU is no where close to realisticly making the jump to 1A at this point. We have great facilities for an FCS school but to move to FBS we'd need a new stadium first and foremost. I don't doubt that it is the long term goal but it's going to be a while before we can legitimately make that jump.

I love Bison football as much as anyone but a lot of our fans and other teams fans forget that if your team is really that good you won't have to tell everyone about it while pounding your chest for it to be realized.

Many of these Griz fans are living in past glory of playing for the national championship five times in a ten-year period. Those days are long gone. We are lucky to win a home playoff game now, since the dumbing-down process has taken place by Hauck.

mlbowl
September 8th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Not really sure where to start, I utmost respect U of M, Ga so., APP, and those programs that show excellence at this level. I also (god am I saying this) support our brothers to the north when people bash ND teams. We have tradition here in North Dakota, we were equal to Montana til you guys had some more cash and insight, better leadership and moved up without us. Well, we finally saw the light. I don't condone the cocky ndsu fans, but I guess we finally said "who's next".
8 national championships: 1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990
2 harlon hill trophy winners (#1, best QB in DII history, #10 not far behind)
24 conference championships, 26 years in the top 17 of the national polls, 23 years in post season action, and 351-92-4 over that span.
Yes, we had some down years, we came from a tough conference (UND, USD, SDSU), but we are here now. And like it or not, NDSU and eventually UND are gonna punch some teams right in the mouth.

Please don't read too much into this...I have nothing but respect for
the NDSU programxnodx

NorthernColorado
September 8th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Nothing else to do in North Dakota except go inside and watch football. What do you expect?

BisonBacker
September 8th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Nothing else to do in North Dakota except go inside and watch football. What do you expect?

Holy Cow what a zinger that was xlolx Newbies need to stay in the shallow end which you clearly are intellectually. xcoffeex

NorthernColorado
September 8th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Holy Cow what a zinger that was xlolx Newbies need to stay in the shallow end which you clearly are intellectually. xcoffeex

I have been a member of this board 3 years longer than you have. Just because I don't have over 1,000 posts about how my team can beat up your team doesn't make me a newbie.

It hurts to hear the truth, I know.

NorthernColorado
September 8th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Granted, I am jealous that UNC can't seem to draw nearly the amount of fans that NDSU can.