PDA

View Full Version : NDSU VS CCSU SOLD OUT

BisonBacker
September 5th, 2008, 01:34 PM
The Bison fans are supporting the team and we are moving in the right direction. Way to go Fans xnodx

Larryl9797
September 5th, 2008, 01:40 PM
WOW !!!!!!xeekx xeekx
CCSU had best bring its "A" game.

grizband
September 5th, 2008, 02:34 PM
The Bison fans are supporting the team and we are moving in the right direction. Way to go Fans xnodx
No smack, because I honestly don't know, but are sell outs common at the Fargo Dome?

Hansel
September 5th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Homecoming against SIU is now also sold out

NDSU will probably sellout every game this year

DSUrocks07
September 5th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Kudos to the NDSU fans...wish we had more fans like yours

UNIFanSince1983
September 5th, 2008, 02:53 PM
What is the capacity of the Fargo Dome anyways?

Hansel
September 5th, 2008, 02:54 PM

18,700 is considered a sellout- top crowd is around 19,300

TheBisonator
September 5th, 2008, 02:54 PM

19,287 is the capacity, but 18,700 is considered a sell out.

Record crowd is 19,053 against South Dakota State in 2006.

TheBisonator
September 5th, 2008, 02:56 PM
No smack, because I honestly don't know, but are sell outs common at the Fargo Dome?

We've sold out 5 out of our last 7 games, and probably will sell out every game this year.

Here's a list of our last seven home attendances:

19,053 (SDSU)
18,823 (SFA)
18,961 (SHSU)
19,011 (UCD)
15,796 (SUU)
18,116 (ILSU)
18,701 (APSU)

Hansel
September 5th, 2008, 02:59 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1575683

TheBisonator
September 5th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Homecoming against Southern Illinois is sold out about one month in advance as well. Longest period of time between called sell out and kickoff I have ever seen for a Bison football game. Hopefully they can find a way to cram 20,000 into the Dome for that one.

darell1976
September 5th, 2008, 04:19 PM
We've sold out 5 out of our last 7 games, and probably will sell out every game this year.

Here's a list of our last seven home attendances:

19,053 (SDSU)
18,823 (SFA)
18,961 (SHSU)
19,011 (UCD)
15,796 (SUU)
18,116 (ILSU)
18,701 (APSU)

Time to open the roof and add another level of seats.xlolx

bisonwest
September 5th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Time to open the roof and add another level of seats.xlolx

That would be nice!! I heard that any expansion to the Fargodome would be very expensive and building a new stadium would probably make more sense. And that's probably not happening for a while atleast.

darell1976
September 5th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I just got 2 seats for the NDSU/W. Illinois game. (Wife is big Bison fan) We are in the visitor seating. Its the only section of the Dome besides GA in the back of the end zone where you can get 2 seats together. Oh well i am sure the dome won't be packed with Leatherneck fans.

darell1976
September 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM
That would be nice!! I heard that any expansion to the Fargodome would be very expensive and building a new stadium would probably make more sense. And that's probably not happening for a while atleast.

They should put a couple big sceen tv's at Dacotah Field and have the die hards watch the game there during sellouts.xlolx

bisonwest
September 5th, 2008, 04:53 PM
That's what they do at Nebraska. I think the bars surrounding the dome carry the webcast. Plus Dacotah Field is in the process of being torn down. May she forever rest in peace!!

bisonguy
September 5th, 2008, 04:53 PM
They should put a couple big sceen tv's at Dacotah Field and have the die hards watch the game there during sellouts.xlolx

LOL- Great idea! xthumbsupx

darell1976
September 5th, 2008, 04:56 PM
That's what they do at Nebraska. I think the bars surrounding the dome carry the webcast. Plus Dacotah Field is in the process of being torn down. May she forever rest in peace!!

why are they tearing it down? Aren't they using it as a practice field??

Hansel
September 5th, 2008, 04:56 PM

IF the FDome Bball addition is built- it would be a great place for overflow as well-

bisonwest
September 5th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I just got 2 seats for the NDSU/W. Illinois game. (Wife is big Bison fan) We are in the visitor seating. Its the only section of the Dome besides GA in the back of the end zone where you can get 2 seats together. Oh well i am sure the dome won't be packed with Leatherneck fans.
Cool! I've got family coming in from Omaha for that one. You should consider going to the SIU game for Lennon's return. Both should be great games. Good luck to the Sioux this year.

bisonguy
September 5th, 2008, 05:01 PM

It will be replaced with FieldTurf and expanded out to a two field practice area for football and other sports when the grass practice fields are in poor shape.

bisonwest
September 5th, 2008, 05:02 PM
They're building two new practice fields. Currently the old stadium is in awful shape. Very sad!!

IABison
September 5th, 2008, 05:14 PM
xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

darell1976
September 5th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Cool! I've got family coming in from Omaha for that one. You should consider going to the SIU game for Lennon's return. Both should be great games. Good luck to the Sioux this year.

I thought about that but the wife wants to go to the Western Ill. game since her best friend and her husband is going to the game. I would like to go to the UND/ SIU game but Illinois is too far for me to drive. Maybe next year they will be in GF. Its nice to go to a game where something matters other than a conference title (UND). I hate that 5 year waiting period!!

93henfan
September 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Play outside you ninnies.

It's not that cold in Fargo, is it?xlolx

darell1976
September 5th, 2008, 07:44 PM

I miss outdoor football. At UND's Memorial Stadium we had a playoff game vs I think Pitt State (KS) and I had to take a shovel and dig out my seat. It was a great game. That was in the mid 1990's. Now its different with a roof.

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 08:26 PM
a) can you expand fargo dome

b) since i doubt you can is there much talk about a new bigger stadium?

FargoBison
September 5th, 2008, 08:56 PM
a) can you expand fargo dome

b) since i doubt you can is there much talk about a new bigger stadium?

a) anything is possible but it will cost a fortune
b) we need to fill the dome for about 10 years before a bigger stadium will even be talked about. The weather in Fargo is probably among the worst in all of DI football, so you really have to have a huge fanbase built up to fill a 25-30k seat stadium in late season games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2008, 09:53 PM
b) we need to fill the dome for about 10 years before a bigger stadium will even be talked about. The weather in Fargo is probably among the worst in all of DI football, so you really have to have a huge fanbase built up to fill a 25-30k seat stadium in late season games.

With the way the Bison program is progressing.....it is doable!!!!

3-4 yrs season tickets will be around 14-15 ..... student tickets at 4k...that leaves no other tickets.

25-30k outdoor stadium would be awesome.....we need a "Ralph" to donate 100 million:D :D

BisonBacker
September 5th, 2008, 10:06 PM
With the way the Bison program is progressing.....it is doable!!!!

3-4 yrs season tickets will be around 14-15 ..... student tickets at 4k...that leaves no other tickets.

25-30k outdoor stadium would be awesome.....we need a "Ralph" to donate 100 million:D :D

Dome won't be expanded would cost more then to build a new one. A new one won't be built for many years and I don't know that they would want to. As much as fans want to clamor about how great outdoor football is and I agree with that you won't get the casual fans through the gate in late season games when you can hardly see the field due to snow ect. I've been to Dakota field in those game enviroments and you can't run a program like NDSU and it's fans want when you have the stands half empty due to wind chills in the -20-50 range and a 25 mph wind blowing out of the north. For those who will make comments like that's football ect I invite you to visit Fargo in late October and November or even better yet December. You will change your mind quickly about sitting outside for 3 hours if the conditions I mentioned above are present. Say what you want about those fans but we get many fans above 50 years old to games and though some like to bitch they don't get roudy or support the team like the younger fans do at game time I say they are supporting them by coming to the games. So you have a catch 22. We don't have the luxury most schools do where they play in much more enviromentally friendly climates for football. Either way I'd go to the games but many fans who support the team wouldn't be able to. So lets just build a retractable roof domed stadium and be done with it :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Dome won't be expanded would cost more then to build a new one. A new one won't be built for many years and I don't know that they would want to. As much as fans want to clamor about how great outdoor football is and I agree with that you won't get the casual fans through the gate in late season games when you can hardly see the field due to snow ect. I've been to Dakota field in those game enviroments and you can't run a program like NDSU and it's fans want when you have the stands half empty due to wind chills in the -20-50 range and a 25 mph wind blowing out of the north. For those who will make comments like that's football ect I invite you to visit Fargo in late October and November or even better yet December. You will change your mind quickly about sitting outside for 3 hours if the conditions I mentioned above are present. Say what you want about those fans but we get many fans above 50 years old to games and though some like to bitch they don't get roudy or support the team like the younger fans do at game time I say they are supporting them by coming to the games. So you have a catch 22. We don't have the luxury most schools do where they play in much more enviromentally friendly climates for football. Either way I'd go to the games but many fans who support the team wouldn't be able to. So lets just build a retractable roof domed stadium and be done with it :D

Wish they would have built the dome for 25-27k. Couldn't they put some elevated temp seats in the corners...maybe get another 2k in there???

In a few yrs, 18,700 is going to be too smallxthumbsupx xthumbsupx

NorthernBison
September 5th, 2008, 10:51 PM

I know you were kidding but unless you experience the kind of cold we get, you cannot grasp just how cold it is. I always crack up when the TV guys talk about the "Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field". Every time I see one of those cold Packer games I laugh because it's colder here every time. Besides, it's even colder where I live 200 miles NW of Fargo eh?

We had a great home field advantage against the Southern teams back in the 80's. I'm afraid we wouldn't draw outside now in November.

bisonwest
September 6th, 2008, 12:11 AM

Actually Grand Forks would be a tiny bit colder. There's a huge difference between -22 and -20!!xrotatehx Yeah it would be really cool if we could build a 25-30k stadium outside but it gets so damn cold that playoff games would be downright ugly. In the 80's a home playoff loss was an anomily. It's kind of funny when we go south we always get the " there's no way you can deal with the heat" but it's usually their team thats cramping up in the 4th. I would love to be able to welcome a team from the south to play in ND in December!!