PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian State Students: Where are you planning to sit saturday?

APPALACHIANstate
September 4th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I was just wondering whether other students will be sitting on the East Side this year? I was thinking about it, anyone else? xthumbsupx

Skjellyfetti
September 4th, 2008, 05:54 PM
This thread will be well received.

APPALACHIANstate
September 4th, 2008, 05:59 PM
This thread will be well received.

You know what, I am asking an honest question. I do not care how it is received, if people want to be upset and critical of my post, they should feel free to do so because it is going to have no effect on me.

xthumbsupx

Grizaholic17
September 4th, 2008, 07:01 PM
You know what, I am asking an honest question. I do not care how it is received, if people want to be upset and critical of my post, they should feel free to do so because it is going to have no effect on me.

xthumbsupx

I think it's a great question. xthumbsupx

cowbellnation
September 4th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Isn't this something for App State's message board? Just saying.

appmaj
September 4th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Isn't this something for App State's message board? Just saying.

#1 Great Response...."I'm just saying" read the whole thread

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Blueandwhitefightfight
September 4th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Did you guys not notify the rest of the SoCon that you were taking away seats? I didn't hear anything...

ERASU2113
September 4th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Did you guys not notify the rest of the SoCon that you were taking away seats? I didn't hear anything...

Well more seats were added to the East side and I think to of the sections on the lower level are known as student sections....not just behind the ASU bench anymore. I believe they're the two sections closest to the end zone on the opposite end of where the visitor seating.

As for me, I'll hopefully cram into the west side...since i'll not be in the press box this year ;)

mountaineertider
September 4th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Oh I'll be on the West Side - I've always gotten in line 2 - 2.5 hours before the game, so I don't think that will change this season.

APPALACHIANstate
September 4th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Do you think the majority of Students will stay on the West side? I watched Richmond from the East Side and loved it.

The Cats
September 4th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I was just wondering whether other students will be sitting on the East Side this year? I was thinking about it, anyone else? xthumbsupx

Wouldn't the MMB or AppCountry be more appropriate for this type of thread? xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

Boone4280
September 5th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Wouldn't the MMB or AppCountry be more appropriate for this type of thread? xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

win some games, then talk

APPALACHIANstate
September 5th, 2008, 06:06 AM

Wouldn't reading the other posts in the thread be more appropriate before responding?

xthumbsupx

I wanted to post this here, it is the only message board for FCS that I am registered at. Thanks though for your concern.

jonmac
September 5th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Wouldn't reading the other posts in the thread be more appropriate before responding?

xthumbsupx

I wanted to post this here, it is the only message board for FCS that I am registered at. Thanks though for your concern.

EXACTLY!!! Not everyone has the time nor the desire to visit umpteen message boards and we have no way of knowing who visits what boards and where it is best to post a thread. I think this is the best FCS board(even though there seem to be lots of snotty thread police), as a lot of fans do, I imagine, and most of those may spend most of their time here.

jus10asu
September 5th, 2008, 07:11 AM
I love sitting on the west side and its getting to be a REAL job to get great seats. We've had to get to the gate at 11am to get front row for a 3:30 game. Do you think the student ticket line will be as bad this year due to the addition of more student seats on the east side?

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 07:23 AM
When I was a student (way back last year) I would always get on the 50 bc I would be in line for over an hour before the game... I hope that some of the students who in the past have sat on the hill when the west side was full... will find their way to the west side... bc otherwise it will look empty... my season tickets are in the upper level on the east side in the section next to the one reserved for students and i sure dont want it to look empty...

APPALACHIANstate
September 5th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Do you think we should get in line way beforehand? Or do you think the additional seating will relieve some of the pressure.

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Do you think we should get in line way beforehand? Or do you think the additional seating will relieve some of the pressure.

depends on where you want to sit... if you want front row 50 yard line west side you better be in line by 11am or noon... if you want to be in the middle section west side anywhere I would walk up when gates open at 2pm... also if i was still a student i would be interested in standing as far towards the 50 as possible (i think the 30) on the east side front row... i think that would be a great place...

APPALACHIANstate
September 5th, 2008, 09:00 AM
depends on where you want to sit... if you want front row 50 yard line west side you better be in line by 11am or noon... if you want to be in the middle section west side anywhere I would walk up when gates open at 2pm... also if i was still a student i would be interested in standing as far towards the 50 as possible (i think the 30) on the east side front row... i think that would be a great place...
You must be in the Library too...

I would like to be at the top of section 112 or so...

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 09:03 AM

It might...but history shows the west side will be close to being full by 2-2:30. Once that happens students filter all over the place. The west gate will still be packed with a majority walking behind those stands going to the east side.

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 09:34 AM
but they do have new gates on the east side... is there any word on whether or not students will be allowed to use those?

Jerbearasu
September 5th, 2008, 09:47 AM
EXACTLY!!! Not everyone has the time nor the desire to visit umpteen message boards and we have no way of knowing who visits what boards and where it is best to post a thread. I think this is the best FCS board(even though there seem to be lots of snotty thread police), as a lot of fans do, I imagine, and most of those may spend most of their time here.

the point is that this is a site for fans of fcs football not just app state football. A lot of app fans are only coming and going to/starting threads that pertain to app so why not just go to mmb or appcountry to talk with other app fans. There should be a common sense rule that if no other team fans would care about looking at the thread it should not be created here. It's senseless, this is where we come to get relevant info for all fcs teams.

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 09:50 AM
the point is that this is a site for fans of fcs football not just app state football. A lot of app fans are only coming and going to/starting threads that pertain to app so why not just go to mmb or appcountry to talk with other app fans. There should be a common sense rule that if no other team fans would care about looking at the thread it should not be created here. It's senseless, this is where we come to get relevant info for all fcs teams.

a couple of reasons...

first those other sites dont get the same traffic as this site does even of app fans...

secondly why should they have to go elsewhere when they can get there quesitons answered here... it has to do with fcs football doesnt it!

ASUMountaineer
September 5th, 2008, 09:58 AM
a couple of reasons...

first those other sites dont get the same traffic as this site does even of app fans...

secondly why should they have to go elsewhere when they can get there quesitons answered here... it has to do with fcs football doesnt it!

I think a good reason is, what if a fan of every school posted this same type of thread? Could you imagine 60 threads, all asking the same question for one school each, then add on a few more different threads about said schools and you've have to comb through 5 pages to get to general stuff. That's why I would try and post this kind of stuff on MMB, which does get a lot of traffic. Also, not many Montana State fans are going to know where students are seating at KBS.

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I think a good reason is, what if a fan of every school posted this same type of thread? Could you imagine 60 threads, all asking the same question for one school each, then add on a few more different threads about said schools and you've have to comb through 5 pages to get to general stuff. That's why I would try and post this kind of stuff on MMB, which does get a lot of traffic. Also, not many Montana State fans are going to know where students are seating at KBS.

listen i for one dont know anything about rivals? or mmb? whatever they are... i get all my fcs/app info right here on ags so i enjoy it and wouldnt mind scrolling through pages to find info...

ASUdrummer
September 5th, 2008, 10:17 AM
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/1050/stadiumchartbc9.th.jpg (http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stadiumchartbc9.jpg)

I'm pretty sure each of those gray areas will be completely PACKED because not only are our students STOKED about this season but the student "guest" ticket holders sit there as well...I don't think we're going to have to worry about anything looking empty. Last season we averaged well above 20,000 and the new seats took the "capacity" to a massive 21,000 so unless we have a huge drop in attendance we'll be fine. xthumbsupx

jus10asu
September 5th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I thought long and hard about whether or not to start up a new thread about this...But what color socks should I wear to the game? Black or Gold?:p :p :p

citdog
September 5th, 2008, 10:29 AM
godamn it this is the NATIONAL MESSAGE BOARD......

WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU IGNORANT NED BEATTY SONS OF BITCHES NOT UNDERSTAND?

TAKE THIS **** TO YOUR OWN GODDAMN BOARD

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 10:29 AM
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/1050/stadiumchartbc9.th.jpg (http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stadiumchartbc9.jpg)

I'm pretty sure each of those gray areas will be completely PACKED because not only are our students STOKED about this season but the student "guest" ticket holders sit there as well...I don't think we're going to have to worry about anything looking empty. Last season we averaged well above 20,000 and the new seats took the "capacity" to a massive 21,000 so unless we have a huge drop in attendance we'll be fine. xthumbsupx

we averaged over 27000 last year to the regular season contests...

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 10:30 AM

why you gotta use his name like that? xnonono2x

jus10asu
September 5th, 2008, 10:32 AM

Black??xcoffeex

ASUMountaineer
September 5th, 2008, 10:47 AM
listen i for one dont know anything about rivals? or mmb? whatever they are... i get all my fcs/app info right here on ags so i enjoy it and wouldnt mind scrolling through pages to find info...

I listened. Here's my response. The MMB is the Mountaineer Message Board. It deals with everything App State, hence the name. There is actually quite a bit of traffic there. You said there wasn't, then said you didn't know what it (MMB) was, so I am guessing you didn't know how much traffic it got. Nevertheless, you may not mind scrolling, but if I had to skip over 5 Montana State jersey threads and 5 for Delaware and 5 for Vermin, and 5 for Southern Illinois, it would get ridiculous and I wouldn't even go to the FCS Discussion board. That's my only problem with it. There is a place for these types of ASU threads and it's the MMB or App Country.

I'm not hating on ASU, far from it, I'm just getting tired of hearing about the delusional fans and this feeds it. If it were Georgia Southern doing the same thing I doubt as many would say, "don't read it."

For future reference here is a link to the MMB. http://http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate/messages/?start=Start+Reading+%3E%3E

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 10:56 AM
i listened and i see where you are coming from but at the same time i am not the problem... dan and a few others start these threads and bc i want to know about app i click on them and respond... check my history... i may have 6k posts but i have maybe started 5 threads in the last year... maybe... that have to do with only app...

SoCon48
September 5th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I'm still trying to decipher "******* it this is the NATIONAL MESSAGE BOARD......"

"it this is" Must be something from the Clinton deposition.

citdog
September 5th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I'm still trying to decipher "******* it this is the NATIONAL MESSAGE BOARD......"

"it this is" Must be something from the Clinton deposition.

GO*DAMN IT

yosef1969
September 5th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Jeez, if you don't want to sign up for MMB, Rivals or Appcountry, take it to your freaking Myspace or Facebook account. This is not the place for this stuff.
As said before this is a national forum for folks to discuss FCS football, correct that, discuss issues relevant to all of FCS football.

Embarrassing.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah, and since it's directed at App students... and you're an App student... why not ask your friends or other people on campus where they plan on sitting? No need to even ask on a message board, much less a general FCS board.

asucraig33
September 5th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Back on topic, I'm sitting on the regular side for at least the first game, but I'll definitely sit in the new student section for at least a game too.

ASUMountaineer
September 5th, 2008, 01:14 PM
i listened and i see where you are coming from but at the same time i am not the problem... dan and a few others start these threads and bc i want to know about app i click on them and respond... check my history... i may have 6k posts but i have maybe started 5 threads in the last year... maybe... that have to do with only app...

No I agree with you, and I'm not calling you out, just responding. Dan is a clown, and has admitted so over in the Lounge. Anyways, check out the MMB you may like it. They do things differently there, but it's easy to catch on.

SoCon48
September 5th, 2008, 02:41 PM
GO*DAMN IT

Yep. The blasphemous part was easy. xcoolx The "it this is" is another matter.