View Full Version : Jacksonville State vs Alabama A&M Game Thread

Gamecocks99
September 4th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Any predictions ?

Gamecocks99
September 4th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Any predictions ?

I will bite !

THAT RYAN PERRILLOUX Runs WILD in front the largest crowd in JSU History !

JSU Gamecocks 38 vs ALABAMA A&M Bulldogs 10

JaxSinfonian
September 6th, 2008, 12:31 AM
32-17 Jax State. Running game returns and Perrilloux shows why we signed him. Defense will give up some big plays but will play a great game.

Also, look for a Paul Snow attendance record - we'll claim as many as 17,000 in the stands, I bet. It'll come in handy as fodder to argue for the stadium expansion.

Cocky
September 6th, 2008, 07:06 AM
43-13
A&M will score when Morrell Jones goes to the sidelines. This will be his coming out party. There will be another 5,000 tailgating with no intentions of going into the stadium.

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Perrilloux needs to have a statement game. There's no one impressed with him after last week's performance and this is the perfect game for him to do it...

Jax St 38-17 AAMU

wkuhillhound
September 6th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I like intrastate games. I do believe that Jacksonville State will win 28 - 10.

JaxSinfonian
September 7th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Jax State won 45-18 (Congrats, Cocky).

Just back from a 13-hour tailgate. Whew.

Perrilloux did have a great day, piling up 138 yards in an 11 for 17 outing, with another 35 on the ground, hooking up with TE Eric Johns for two scores and running another in himself. He went to the sidelines halfway through the third quarter, handing things over to true freshman Marques Ivory, who was 5-7, for 103 yards, much of that in one completion to John Houston Whiddon, who ran circles around every defender on the field to go 75 yards to the six.

The best news: Our running game finally returned, with TB Daniel Jackson getting 122 yards and a TD. The team compiled 219 on the ground. Even better news: they managed that without speedy Alabama transfer Tremayne Coger, who has yet to play a down for the Gamecocks.

The defense was indeed susceptible to big plays, but held fast in the red zone a couple times to make up for it. They're fast but occasionally have trouble wrapping up tackles.

Great crowd for the home opener, but short of a stadium record. They called it at 16,651, third-largest crowd in stadium history.

Terrific outing for the Gamecocks. Bring on Chattanooga.

blackcaesar3k5
September 7th, 2008, 04:22 AM
kudos to cocks

Cocky
September 7th, 2008, 09:22 AM
If we can keep this up we will make some noise come playoff time.

Cocky
September 8th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Game Pictures
http://www.jsufan.com/football/2008/JSU%20vs%20Alabama%20AM/JSU%20vs%20AL%20AM.htm

Gamecocks99
September 8th, 2008, 04:07 PM
32-17 Jax State. Running game returns and Perrilloux shows why we signed him. Defense will give up some big plays but will play a great game.

Also, look for a Paul Snow attendance record - we'll claim as many as 17,000 in the stands, I bet. It'll come in handy as fodder to argue for the stadium expansion.

2003 Paul Snow attendance record 16,851

2008 JSU vs AL A&M attendance 16,654
-------------------------------------------

We needed a total of : 198 to break the attendance record

Do you guys see JSU breaking the attendance record this year?

bigbluetiger
September 8th, 2008, 04:10 PM
2003 Paul Snow attendance record 16,851

2008 JSU vs AL A&M attendance 16,654
-------------------------------------------

We needed a total of : 198 to break the attendance record

Do you guys see JSU breaking the attendance record this year?

If your final game of the year vs TSU is for the OVC crown look for it to be shattered.

Cocky
September 8th, 2008, 09:10 PM
If your final game of the year vs TSU is for the OVC crown look for it to be shattered.

That would be fun

Gamecocks99
September 11th, 2008, 08:39 AM

That looks like it could be a possibility ! Wow ! As Cocky said, that could be a lot of fun and would draw a huge crowd ! Nashville is what a 3 hour drive ?

JSU02
September 11th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Alot of that depends on how many people they let in after they sell out. I had some friends drive to Jacksonville from Gadsden and got there halfway into the 1st quarter and they were turned away. The stadium holds 15,000 I think. I feel pretty certain that if they would not have started turning people away, it would have been broken. Maybe the fire marshall decided to make an appearance and made them shoo people away.

bigbluetiger
September 11th, 2008, 10:15 AM
That looks like it could be a possibility ! Wow ! As Cocky said, that could be a lot of fun and would draw a huge crowd ! Nashville is what a 3 hour drive ?

The TSU Atlanta Alumni is in the early stages of planning a bus trip.

Cocky
September 11th, 2008, 10:41 AM
The TSU Atlanta Alumni is in the early stages of planning a bus trip.

Couple of years ago it wasn't a bus trip it was a convoy.

Sonic98
September 12th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Jax State won 45-18 (Congrats, Cocky).

Just back from a 13-hour tailgate. Whew.

Perrilloux did have a great day, piling up 138 yards in an 11 for 17 outing, with another 35 on the ground, hooking up with TE Eric Johns for two scores and running another in himself. He went to the sidelines halfway through the third quarter, handing things over to true freshman Marques Ivory, who was 5-7, for 103 yards, much of that in one completion to John Houston Whiddon, who ran circles around every defender on the field to go 75 yards to the six.

The best news: Our running game finally returned, with TB Daniel Jackson getting 122 yards and a TD. The team compiled 219 on the ground. Even better news: they managed that without speedy Alabama transfer Tremayne Coger, who has yet to play a down for the Gamecocks.

The defense was indeed susceptible to big plays, but held fast in the red zone a couple times to make up for it. They're fast but occasionally have trouble wrapping up tackles.

Great crowd for the home opener, but short of a stadium record. They called it at 16,651, third-largest crowd in stadium history.

Terrific outing for the Gamecocks. Bring on Chattanooga.

AAMU could have played a lot better in the game.

Sonic98
September 12th, 2008, 04:54 PM
AAMU could have played a lot better in that game

I expect pretty good attendance for TSU's game this weekend.