PDA

View Full Version : Week Two - Game of the Week

89Hen
September 4th, 2008, 02:19 PM
As always, YES there are good games that won't be in the vote and your game may not be in the poll. I can only post 10 choices and I like to spread them around to as many conference as I can. Also, I don't include games against I-A's. Plus, it's MY poll. :p

TexasTerror
September 4th, 2008, 02:23 PM
UC-Davis @ Central Arkansas is the SLC Game of the Week. :)

danefan
September 4th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Cal Poly will make a statement about whether they are the top team in the country.

They could knock App State out of the #1 spot even with a big App State win.

813Jag
September 4th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I don't think it's the game of the week but I'm interested in Southern/Tennessee State. (go figure xlolx ) I want to see how Southern responds to losing most of their prep time this week (Gustav) and how they rebound from losing to UH.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 4th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Again, this is a no-brainer. This poll should be called Week Two - Second biggest game of the week

mcveyrl
September 4th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Again, this is a no-brainer. This poll should be called Week Two - Second biggest game of the week

Yea, I voted for Rhode Island-Fordham too.

BisonBacker
September 4th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I picked Montana at Cal Poly but for me a close second is SDSU at UNI. That will be a good game.

Mountaineer
September 4th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I picked Montana at Cal Poly but for me a close second is SDSU at UNI. That will be a good game.

Same. xthumbsupx

Edit: For the record I meant South Dakota. :p

GSUhooligan
September 4th, 2008, 04:01 PM

SDSU plays Youngstown. USD plays UNI.

RabidRabbit
September 4th, 2008, 04:03 PM

xnonono2x xnonono2x USD at UNI! xoopsx

Youngstown is coming to Brookings to open up MoValley play. If wasn't for the Cal Poly hosting Montana this should be hands down the GOTW. xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
September 4th, 2008, 04:07 PM
My bad :p

skinny_uncle
September 4th, 2008, 04:19 PM
xnonono2x xnonono2x USD at UNI! xoopsx

Youngstown is coming to Brookings to open up MoValley play. If wasn't for the Cal Poly hosting Montana this should be hands down the GOTW. xthumbsupx
SDSU's first Valley game. Should be interesting.

89Hen
September 4th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Not really. It really depends on what meaning you are looking for. A conference game like SDSU/YSU could have a LOT more meaning than a non-conf game like CalPoly/UM where the loser is really at no disadvantage to making the playoffs.

That said, I picked CP/UM. xsmiley_wix

Grizaholic17
September 4th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Not really. It really depends on what meaning you are looking for. A conference game like SDSU/YSU could have a LOT more meaning than a non-conf game like CalPoly/UM where the loser is really at no disadvantage to making the playoffs.

That said, I picked CP/UM. xsmiley_wix

True, conference is a big deal, but top 25 counts too. It will be interesting to see if Montana can keep up it's 134 consecutive weeks in the top 25 roll going in these first few games. Best of luck to all the teams!!! :)

hvsader
September 4th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Umm, Coen vs Randolph ... g-o-t-w has to be UMass @ HC

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2008, 05:36 PM
As always, YES there are good games that won't be in the vote and your game may not be in the poll. I can only post 10 choices and I like to spread them around to as many conference as I can. Also, I don't include games against I-A's. Plus, it's MY poll. :p

Based on the vote, I'd say you really only needed ONE choice. :D

G.S.Green
September 4th, 2008, 06:19 PM
HU-SIU Match up.

boonegoon
September 4th, 2008, 06:27 PM

I agree there. I think that UI is really good and would like to see them play a 1 AA team.

boonegoon
September 4th, 2008, 06:29 PM
By the way. Here's to finally talking about football. The offseason gets longer every year. I wish I liked baseball.

APPALACHIANstate
September 4th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Montana and Cal Poly...no doubt.

Poly Pigskin
September 4th, 2008, 06:35 PM
They could knock App State out of the #1 spot even with a big App State win.

xeekx xeekx xeekx

I'd settle for a spot in the top 3, I think Montana has just enough question marks around them that it would be hard to put Poly ahead of App. Now, if we beat Montana, and then McNeese the next week, then I think we can talk about #1... but that's a BIG if!

And yeah, obviously I voted CP/UM.

Grizaholic17
September 4th, 2008, 06:59 PM
xeekx xeekx xeekx

I'd settle for a spot in the top 3, I think Montana has just enough question marks around them that it would be hard to put Poly ahead of App. Now, if we beat Montana, and then McNeese the next week, then I think we can talk about #1... but that's a BIG if!

And yeah, obviously I voted CP/UM.

I put Poly in the Top 3 when i voted. They deserve some respect.

Seawolf97
September 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM
The New England Rams over the Bronx Rams in a close one.

89Hen
September 5th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Based on the vote, I'd say you really only needed ONE choice. :D
Yeah, it's been silly through two weeks. I really don't remember last year being so one sided in the voting. I will have to go back and see if I can find them.