PDA

View Full Version : Hofstra QB done!

Uncle Buck
September 4th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Looks like Bryan Savage our returning starter at QB is done for the season and likely his career. A herniated disk was detected on an MRI and this is extremely disappointing. I feel terrible for Bryan if this is the way his college career ends.

This means that Cory Christopher who looked bad in his start at UConn will take the lead and one of our true freshman QB's will serve as backup. I already expected this to be a tough season with our schedule, but this one hurts. Savage's leadership will definitely be missed and Cory will have to step up big time.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/ny-sphof0904,0,1344046.story

danefan
September 4th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Looks like Bryan Savage our returning starter at QB is done for the season and likely his career. A herniated disk was detected on an MRI and this is extremely disappointing. I feel terrible for Bryan if this is the way his college career ends.

This means that Cory Christopher who looked bad in his start at UConn will take the lead and one of our true freshman QB's will serve as backup. I already expected this to be a tough season with our schedule, but this one hurts. Savage's leadership will definitely be missed and Cory will have to step up big time.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/ny-sphof0904,0,1344046.story

Ouch. That's too bad. Back injuries are always terrible for kids. They have to think about their future though. I've got a good friend who played for Lehigh. Went through multiple operations and returned to play one season. Hurt himself even worse and now he's 26 years old and can't tie his own shoes. I hope Savage gets better and can move forward.

I'm really looking forward to next week. It should really sure up where Albany stands.

Uncle Buck
September 4th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I was looking forward to next week, now i'm not so sure. With a starting center not yet back from a scoped knee and Savage out for good, 3 wins will be a stretch. Albany always comes out ready to play and i truly believe we need out best on the field to win. Last week was Cory's first live snaps since juco, he better mature quick.

Either way, i'll be there with my grill and spatula!

Cobblestone
September 4th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Sorry to hear that. We lost Casey for the season so I know how it feels. I hope Savage makes out alright and can go on to live a productive and healthy life after football.

Bull Fan
September 4th, 2008, 11:32 AM
A tough blow for HU, and worse yet for Savage himself. At his age, you do hope he doesn't walk around gimpy the rest of his life. I suffer back pain from an irreversable spine condition, and the way your back goes is the way you go.

GeeWiz
September 4th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Uncle Buck. This is a huge blow to HU.

Uncle Buck
September 4th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Unfortunately we're not like UNH who seems to have QB's come of the bench and just win. No matter, we hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Seawolf97
September 4th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I read the article in Newsday and that is bad news . Hopefully he will heal and wont have any problems down the road. Tough loss for a good program.