PDA

View Full Version : Humble Pie...and other stuff

Rekdiver
September 4th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I just got back from Baton Rouge....well mentally anyway, physically.. Sunday after a 13 hour drive. LSU for sure wasn't Michigan and they were mor than ready for the cocky Apps. Sitting there in the heat made it even worse for me.

Tiger fans ain't made for a morning game....It was way too polite and sober...

Still picking crow feathers out of my teeth....

Well when you get to the top of the mountain the only way is down....and we are there looking up again. The good news is everyone is hungry enough to do it again and the determinination is there. Having said that the LSU score could have been worse. The further bad news is for our conference foes and the rest of FCS. We want 4.

I'm so glad the season is here.

Congrats to McNeese State for embarrassing the TarHoles. Very solid game.

JMU, I woulda bet money on you against Duke? What's going on up there?

Don't overlook Presbyterian! They are a good football team, just ask Wofford.

Too bad about Georgia Tech killing J State. I guess perriloux needs some more help?

I'll ramble more later.........

Hoseinexile07
September 4th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Don't overlook Presbyterian! They are a good football team, just ask Wofford..

:D Even with a missed field goal and uncharacteristic fumble from Reeder, the pick before half-time had a serious impact on the game and really deflated our guys. Without it, the game would have been MUCH different.

udchuck
September 4th, 2008, 10:50 AM
:D Even with a missed field goal and uncharacteristic fumble from Reeder, the pick before half-time had a serious impact on the game and really deflated our guys. Without it, the game would have been MUCH different.

Bull, xnonono2x The game was dominated by LSU,they seemed to lay off the 4th quarter.APP would have showed better if they had a couple games under their belt.LSU was not the team to play for opening the season.xthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
September 4th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Bull, xnonono2x The game was dominated by LSU,they seemed to lay off the 4th quarter.APP would have showed better if they had a couple games under their belt.LSU was not the team to play for opening the season.xthumbsupx

I think he was talking about the Presbyterian game.

MSU_77
September 4th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Congrats to McNeese State for embarrassing the TarHoles. Very solid game.

Thanks for the kudos for our Cowboys. They scored three straight TDs on UNC to take the lead in the third quarter, but Brandon Tate was having a career game and was just too much. If not for Tate, UNC would have lost big.

Hey, at least App. did better against the Tigers in Baton Rouge than Virginia Tech did last year. That's a hard place for a visiting team to win.

KiddBrewer
September 4th, 2008, 12:48 PM

HAHAHAHA

so did you read any of that post, or just wing it?xcoffeex

bobbythekidd
September 4th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Oooooh. An App thread with a helping of LSU and a sprinkle of McNeese. I like the changes.

appstate38
September 4th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Since we are spreading the love. GSU and 21 points verse the mighty Bulldogs..... Kudos to you guys as well. Does that make you feel better BTK????

Eaglesrus
September 4th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Since we are spreading the love. GSU and 21 points verse the mighty Bulldogs..... Kudos to you guys as well. Does that make you feel better BTK????

It makes me feel better, thanks :) We were in way too deep a hole when we scored the 21, but at least it showed that our guys didn't quit. Though I wish that we could redshirt some of those true freshmen that played, I also see an upside to the fact that 28 freshmen got on the field for us in front of 92,000. Not much should rattle them after that.

Eaglesrus
September 4th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Oh, one cool side note...for one of our freshmen it was not only the first college game he'd ever played in, it was also the first college game he had ever attended. Don't know what happened on his recruiting visits, but it didn't seem to phase him; he scored one of our touchdowns.

bobbythekidd
September 4th, 2008, 03:19 PM
xlolxxlolx

Much better.

appmaj
September 4th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the kudos for our Cowboys. They scored three straight TDs on UNC to take the lead in the third quarter, but Brandon Tate was having a career game and was just too much. If not for Tate, UNC would have lost big.

Hey, at least App. did better against the Tigers in Baton Rouge than Virginia Tech did last year. That's a hard place for a visiting team to win.

Were you at the UNC/McNeese game?

ASU_MBA
September 4th, 2008, 03:40 PM
at least we didn't lose to Duke 31-7.......

mcveyrl
September 4th, 2008, 03:43 PM
at least we didn't lose to Duke 31-7.......

Hope you don't lose to the team that lost to Duke 31-7....that'd really be embarrassing...:p

lizrdgizrd
September 4th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Hope you don't lose to the team that lost to Duke 31-7....that'd really be embarrassing...:p
How soaked did you get during the game? :D

james_lawfirm
September 4th, 2008, 03:50 PM

McVeyrl:

We'll be tailgating at the ASU/JMU game. This could possibly be the best game of the season. Any chance of inviting you over for a cold one? Since I have never been to JMU, I have no idea where we will be tailgating. I think we are coming down Friday night.

PM me & let me know.

mcveyrl
September 4th, 2008, 03:51 PM
How soaked did you get during the game? :D

Not too bad. Although by the time I though about putting my poncho on, it was too late.

The worst part was sitting on the wet seats.

BTW, we drove back to Charlotte right after the game (actually before the end of the game), so I wasn't around on Sunday.

mcveyrl
September 4th, 2008, 03:57 PM
McVeyrl:

We'll be tailgating at the ASU/JMU game. This could possibly be the best game of the season. Any chance of inviting you over for a cold one? Since I have never been to JMU, I have no idea where we will be tailgating. I think we are coming down Friday night.

PM me & let me know.

I'll send you a PM. I think our tailgate will be on the way to the stadium, but I don't mind peeling off and heading to yours.

The map of campus is below. From what I hear, the red X is where my parking permit is and the blue X is where public parking starts, green circle is the stadium. The two spots are right beside each other, so we'll probably be close.

AppMan
September 4th, 2008, 07:32 PM
"I just got back from Baton Rouge....well mentally anyway, physically.. Sunday after a 13 hour drive. LSU for sure wasn't Michigan and they were mor than ready for the cocky Apps. Sitting there in the heat made it even worse for me.

Tiger fans ain't made for a morning game....It was way too polite and sober...

Still picking crow feathers out of my teeth...."

Don't know how you can say the Apps were cocky. The players certainly weren't and neither was the coaching staff. You might have been, although I don't have a clue why, but the overwhelming majority of App Fans were very realistic going into this game. This was a highl skilled SEC team that had all summer to prepare for ASU and did so just as they would for a conference opponent. Inside communication made it clear they were not going to let #14 have a chance at making something happen. All things considered I think the Apps played pretty well. We had several dropped balls, several breakdowns in the secondary that allowed for some big plays and our OL could not contain their blitz package. I'm not even trying to suggest we could have won the game, but it could have very well been a 17-20 point spread.

APPALACHIANstate
September 4th, 2008, 07:38 PM

UDCHUCK = FAIL

MSU_77
September 4th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Were you at the UNC/McNeese game?

Yes, I was there. Longest game I have ever been to with the weather delay. For me it was a 4 hour drive from where I live in Virginia, but for the other 1000 MSU fans it was not only a 1200 mile one-way trip, but then they found out during the game that Lake Charles was under a mandatory evacuation order for Gustav. I understand that some just stayed in North Carolina for an extra couple of days, and thank goodness Lake Charles escaped any significant damage.

appmaj
September 4th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Yes, I was there. Longest game I have ever been to with the weather delay. For me it was a 4 hour drive from where I live in Virginia, but for the other 1000 MSU fans it was not only a 1200 mile one-way trip, but then they found out during the game that Lake Charles was under a mandatory evacuation order for Gustav. I understand that some just stayed in North Carolina for an extra couple of days, and thank goodness Lake Charles escaped any significant damage.

Got some pics from the game. Yeah It was little crazy. Just about to leave when the decided to resume. McNeese looked good. Heels lucky to get out of that one.