PDA

View Full Version : Southland Conference Television

katstrapper
September 4th, 2008, 06:18 AM
What do you Southland fans think of the new SLC TV Network? I think this is going to bring great exposure to our conference. Being a part of some 40k+ SHSU alumni in the Houston area, I was happy to know that Channel 55 KTBU got the contract for the Houston market. Will be interesting to see who will be doing play by play.xthumbsupx

2008-09 SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE TELEVISION NETWORK PROGRAMMING

2008 FOOTBALL BROADCAST SCHEDULE

Day, Date Time Game

Sat., Sept. 13 6 p.m. Grambling State at Northwestern State
Sat., Oct. 4 6 p.m. Texas Southern at Texas State
Sat., Oct. 11 6 p.m. *Sam Houston at Central Arkansas
Sat., Oct. 18 2 p.m. *McNeese State at Sam Houston State
Sat., Oct. 25 2 p.m. *Texas State at Stephen F. Austin
Sat., Nov. 1 2 p.m. *Stephen F. Austin at Sam Houston
Sat., Nov. 8 2 p.m. *Texas State at Southeastern Louisiana
Sat., Nov. 15 6 p.m. *McNeese State at Northwestern State
Sat., Nov. 22 6 p.m. *Wildcard Game TBA

*Southland Conference Game

patssle
September 4th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I'm just happy I get to watch the UCA game!

I think the TV broadcasting is awesome. My only gripe is that it should be more regionalized. Nobody in Texas care about the Louisiana FCS schools, and I assume nobody in LA cares about Texas FCS schools. So SFA/SHSU is pointless to broadcast in LA while McNeese/NWST is pointless to broadcast in Texas.

McNeese75
September 4th, 2008, 08:48 AM

I think the TV broadcasting is awesome. My only gripe is that it should be more regionalized. Nobody in Texas care about the Louisiana FCS schools, and I assume nobody in LA cares about Texas FCS schools. So SFA/SHSU is pointless to broadcast in LA while McNeese/NWST is pointless to broadcast in Texas.

Interesting but personally I am interested in all conference games (but that's just me)

patssle
September 4th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Interesting but personally I am interested in all conference games (but that's just me)

Well of course we are, but 99% of the people out there arn't.

What I'm saying is TXST/SHSU/SFA should be on every weekend in the Texas markets, and the LA schools should be on the LA markets, not intermixed.

McNeese72
September 4th, 2008, 09:18 AM

I think you are using your own personal opinion to paint with a very large brush there. I, and most all of the McNeese fans I know, always jump at the chance to check out the other conference schools' teams. Hell, I always fire up my aircard on my laptop at the tailgate area to check on whatever broadcasts, video or audio, I can of the other conference teams.

Doc

centexguy
September 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM

Isn't the whole point of this TV deal is to gain more exposure for the Southland Conference? If nobody in Texas cares about the LA schools and vice versa then maybe they should break up the conference.

Bear Fan 101
September 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Come on up here to Conway, Pat, we'll ta ke care of you at the UCAfans.com Tailgate!

As for me, I too am interested in any conference matchup I can watch on tv (basketball included). Whether I'm in the majority or minority, I dont know. But it is fun to watch conference schools in action on the tube instead of just the one time every other year they are scheduled to come to Conway. I also think that is how our fanbase could/would/will get more educated about the SLC as well, by seeing the other SLC schools more often than just once every other year.

patssle
September 4th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I can go to the game in Conway, but 8 hours of driving. Ugh. And flying is a ripoff now.

Isn't the whole point of this TV deal is to gain more exposure for the Southland Conference? If nobody in Texas cares about the LA schools and vice versa then maybe they should break up the conference.

Many people in Texas would agree with you. An all-Texas league with true rivals each week is more ideal.

patssle
September 4th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I can go to the game in Conway, but 8 hours of driving. Ugh. And flying is a ripoff now.

Many people in Texas would agree with you. An all-Texas league with true rivals each week is more ideal.

Bear Fan 101
September 4th, 2008, 12:50 PM
doyou guys, as entrenched members of the SLC on both sides of LA and TX schools, enjoy having us, UCA, in the conference, or is it more of a situation we're the outcasts as far as geography and not having a true blue rival to this point?

Bear Fan 101
September 4th, 2008, 12:51 PM
doyou guys, as entrenched members of the SLC on both sides of LA and TX schools, enjoy having us, UCA, in the conference, or is it more of a situation we're the outcasts as far as geography and not having a true blue rival to this point?

McNeese72
September 4th, 2008, 01:04 PM

Hell, we, McNeese fans like you in the conference. Once less out of conference game to try to schedule and a good excuse for a nice road trip every other year.

My wife and I plan on coming up Thursday and do the tourist thing around Little Rock.

Doc

patssle
September 4th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I don't mind UCA, but for the most part among average fans, your like the Lousiana schools, a nobody. Its not your fault, but FCS schools outside of Texas are unknown to Texans who are average fans.

An all Texas league would be the best thing, as most folks know of all the bigger schools in the state. Even D2 is more know of here than FCS or even FBS schools in Lousiana.

Of course, that's speaking from a Texas perspective.

Bear Fan 101
September 4th, 2008, 01:33 PM
good. we'll look for ya around town that saturday. stop on by the ucafans.com tailgate obviously.

i love being in the conference. i enjoy all the trips i get to take for women's basketball and baseball, and looking forward to making trips for football soon when opportunities arise or when i get a free week fro work.

TexasTerror
September 4th, 2008, 02:39 PM

And we all know how quickly the SWC collapsed after Arkansas left. This makes so much logical sense! xconfusedx

I'm a big fan of UCA. We're going to have to find a true rival for them and I think as the conference expands, that will not be a problem. UCA has a very respected fan base and a quickly improving athletic program...

chrisattsu
September 4th, 2008, 04:11 PM
And we all know how quickly the SWC collapsed after Arkansas left. This makes so much logical sense! xconfusedx

I'm a big fan of UCA. We're going to have to find a true rival for them and I think as the conference expands, that will not be a problem. UCA has a very respected fan base and a quickly improving athletic program...

Bring in Central Oklahoma, everyone hates okies.

Bear Fan 101
September 5th, 2008, 11:15 AM
cAnt wait to see some of you guys in Conway sometime soon!