PDA

View Full Version : Texas State versus SMU

Cat79
September 3rd, 2008, 10:01 PM
I believe Texas State will give them a game. Our running game will have a chance to work on the clock. I did not see SMU run much against Rice. They ran the the shuttle pass in the middle a few times. They will air it out trying to get some big plays early. Our secondary will be tested by June Jones. We have more speed at the corners this year. We almost got caught looking ahead to this game. We lost to Baylor by 7 last year in Waco. Score Prediction: SMU 38 Texas State 24. I was hoping for a surprise win but feel SMU will be ready and upset after the beating they had received at the hands of Rice.

slycat
September 3rd, 2008, 10:12 PM
Our defense is very weak against the pass. Unless we improve there or press the QB with our line, we could be in for a long game. The good news is that Rice isn't know for their scoring or defense and they poured it on SMU and held them well below last years average.

My guess is that our best shot is to out score them. I hope our QB situation is stable against the Ponies as well.

We did get torched by ACU last season at home and then lose to Baylor by 7 the next week so I'll say we have a chance. Wish I could go to the game.

Cat79
September 3rd, 2008, 10:35 PM
Four of us are driving up to Big D from Houston. I am interested in seeing what Ford Stadium looks like.:D

txstatebobcat
September 3rd, 2008, 10:42 PM
Our defense is very weak against the pass. Unless we improve there or press the QB with our line, we could be in for a long game. The good news is that Rice isn't know for their scoring or defense and they poured it on SMU and held them well below last years average.

My guess is that our best shot is to out score them. I hope our QB situation is stable against the Ponies as well.

We did get torched by ACU last season at home and then lose to Baylor by 7 the next week so I'll say we have a chance. Wish I could go to the game.

3-4 yards and a cloud of dust is the way we ought to go. Wether we will do this or not I'm not sure.

katstrapper
September 3rd, 2008, 10:45 PM
It will be nice to put a little scare into them, but can you really feel confident in that after last weeks performance against Angelo State?

BEAR
September 3rd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Our defense is very weak against the pass.

Um...you had better fix that little flaw...if you play a team with a decent passing game....xconfusedx

McNeese75
September 3rd, 2008, 10:54 PM
Good luck to the Cats this week!!!

Represent xthumbsupx

txstatebobcat
September 3rd, 2008, 11:02 PM
Um...you had better fix that little flaw...if you play a team with a decent passing game....xconfusedx

We've been trying to fix that flaw for years now. There was a slight improvement from last year, however we still have a long way to go.

Cat79
September 3rd, 2008, 11:10 PM
Good luck to the Cats this week!!!

Represent xthumbsupx

Looks like you guys gave North Carolina a good scare. Did you go to the game? We are bringing about 20 to the McNeese game in October. You better watch out for that Delta State team. They are a scrappy bunch.:D

katstrapper
September 3rd, 2008, 11:19 PM
My question is why do ya'll think Karrington Bush is such a special back? Is he a good back? Yes maybe, but he didnt have any more spectacular stats than anyone else in the league last year. I mean you talk like your running game was mowing people down. Tx State was 4th in rushing offense in 2007. Bush was 3rd in rushing, 1 yard ahead of SHSU's Poullard for the year. I just dont understand.xconfusedx

June Jones offense is the run and shoot. 90% passing, 10% run so i am sure you wont see them handing the ball off much.

katstrapper
September 3rd, 2008, 11:20 PM
My question is why do ya'll think Karrington Bush is such a special back? Is he a good back? Yes maybe, but he didnt have any more spectacular stats than anyone else in the league last year. I mean you talk like your running game was mowing people down. Tx State was 4th in rushing offense in 2007. Bush was 3rd in rushing, 1 yard ahead of SHSU's Poullard for the year. I just dont understand.xconfusedx

June Jones offense is the run and shoot. 90% passing, 10% run so i am sure you wont see them handing the ball off much.

katstrapper
September 3rd, 2008, 11:20 PM

McNeese75
September 4th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Looks like you guys gave North Carolina a good scare. Did you go to the game? We are bringing about 20 to the McNeese game in October. You better watch out for that Delta State team. They are a scrappy bunch.:D

Yes I was at UNC and that game was there for the taking with a couple of breaks (or less Tate). You can bet the coaching staff is not going to let the team take Delta State lightly. One look at their roster and it is evident they are loaded with talent so it should be fun. This will be their first game so it should help that McNeese has a game under their belt.

You and your friends will be welcome in the tailgate area as usual next month (I always look forward to the Tx State game xnodx )

ryan
September 4th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Karrington bush really didn't seem that great in high school to me...I played him and he just seemed average, I think he had one rush over like 5 yards. Don't get me wrong I wish him all the best and hope he does great.

DFW HOYA
September 4th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Four of us are driving up to Big D from Houston. I am interested in seeing what Ford Stadium looks like.:D

A very comfortable place to watch a game. Arrive early for the tailgate along the main boulevard of the campus.

http://www.wilksmasonry.com/Project%20pics/Old%20Images/SMU_SkyCam.jpg

Hoyadestroya85
September 4th, 2008, 06:13 AM
June Jones is a genius

patssle
September 4th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I was there for SHSU/SMU in 2006, Ford Stadium is one of the nicest stadiums.

Should be a high scoring game. I doubt neither team will be able to stop each other, it'll be who stops themselves first. Unfortently I think the one to do that will be Texas State, Brad George is not a consistent QB.

McNeese75
September 4th, 2008, 08:45 AM
June Jones is a genius

Like Jerry Glanville??? :D xpeacex

TXST_CAT
September 4th, 2008, 09:27 AM

When you see how much we spead the carries between our three backs his numbers begin to stand out more. We don't have a feature back. So for one of our backs to break away from the pack is special.

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
Bush, Karrington 11 137 1059 20 1039 7.6 3 80 94.5
Zwinggi, Stan 8 74 518 21 497 6.7 9 92 62.1
Canady, Alvin 11 88 413 36 377 4.3 2 58 34.3

TXST_CAT
September 4th, 2008, 09:31 AM
I think we held back in game one. I think Wright wanted to limit what JJ will be able to see on film and prepare for on Sat. Our defense was not as aggressive as I've seen it in practices. Also we ran very few plays on offense. I expect both teams to come out improved from the last game and I expect us to give SMU a good game. Whether we win or not is for our team to decide. But I think if they come out with some fire we can jump on them early and play keep away.