PDA

View Full Version : Classes at CCU cancelled

bodoyle
September 3rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/949/story/580083.html

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2008, 01:18 PM
that seems a little much to me... the storm is a long way off... i dont know i am just against this type of action

Tealblood
September 3rd, 2008, 01:51 PM
post Katrina over reaction

eaglesrback
September 3rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
We will be tailgatin in Statesboro prior to the "Hanna Bowl"

Tealblood
September 3rd, 2008, 01:57 PM
although I understand the leadership at CCU was being flooded by parents not familiar with these type of things beside themselves trying to figure out why we weren't letting the kids get out of harms wayxeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

ChantDad
September 3rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
that seems a little much to me... the storm is a long way off... i dont know i am just against this type of action

Obviously you have never lived through one of these.

If the governor orders an evacuation, everyone east of the waterway (does not include Coastal) will be asked to leave...the evacuation routes go right past campus and the traffic is all one way...there would be no way to have classes in those conditions...Coastal cannot wait until the last minute to make these decisions...besides how many students make Friday classes anyway!!!

Seawolf97
September 3rd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Obviously you have never lived through one of these.

If the governor orders an evacuation, everyone east of the waterway (does not include Coastal) will be asked to leave...the evacuation routes go right past campus and the traffic is all one way...there would be no way to have classes in those conditions...Coastal cannot wait until the last minute to make these decisions...besides how many students make Friday classes anyway!!!

Couldnt agree more. A Cat 3 storm has every potential to be a killer storm if you dont respect its power. Worked outside in few of these-you cant even hear the man next to you due to the wind.

kirkblitz
September 3rd, 2008, 09:06 PM
Couldnt agree more. A Cat 3 storm has every potential to be a killer storm if you dont respect its power. Worked outside in few of these-you cant even hear the man next to you due to the wind.

yep its exciting. I've always enjoyed hurricanes but i always hate the after part when the flooding comes and its dmg inspection time