PDA

View Full Version : Boston College WR Dominic Magazu Transfers to App. State

ASU_MBA
September 3rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Not sure if this is posted but I just found out that WR Dominic Magazu has transfered to App State and may play on saturday. He praticed with the team on Monday.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=45994

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/oncampus/?m=20080828

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2008/sep/03/asu-gets-a-receiver-from-bc/

89Hen
September 3rd, 2008, 10:58 AM
xeyebrowx This just happened? Not sure I'd want a player once the season starts. Red flag IMO.

BTW, from the article...

"With the transfer of wide receiver Dominick Magazu to Appalachian State, Jagodzinski was able to play Santa Claus again..."

What number does Claus wear? xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
why would we accept a transfer mid season like this? does anyone know?

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2008, 11:05 AM
there is no info about it on goasu... and he is not listed on the roster...

ASU_MBA
September 3rd, 2008, 11:05 AM
From the Wiston Salem Journal

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2008/sep/03/asu-gets-a-receiver-from-bc/

ASU gets a receiver from BC

Dominick Magazu, a wide receiver from Matthews who was red-shirted last year in his first season at Boston College, has joined the team at Appalachian State.

Magazu began practicing Monday and could play as early as Saturday, when the Mountaineers open their home schedule with a game against Jacksonville.

Magazu (6-0, 190) had 1,770 yards receiving and scored 22 touchdowns in three seasons at Charlotte Providence. He caught eight touchdown passes and returned two punts for touchdowns his senior season in 2006.

He is the son of Dave Magazu, the offensive-line coach for the Carolina Panthers. His older brother, Anthony, plays at Kent State.

APPALACHIANstate
September 3rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
Holy SNOT!

I hope this is true, WR could use some help. He is from NC, maybe just wanted to be closer to home or play for a good school from NC. :)

elcid96
September 3rd, 2008, 11:11 AM
You NEED a WR right now. Take him.

Skjellyfetti
September 3rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
I doubt he gets much playing time after a only a week of practice.

Our receivers are good but not great... I think the LSU game was an aberration more than anything. I doubt TJ Courman goes another game without a catch... And having a new guy around could add a little pressure to perform which will be helpful.

APPALACHIANstate
September 3rd, 2008, 11:24 AM

Our receivers are good but not great... I think the LSU game was an aberration more than anything. I doubt TJ Courman goes another game without a catch... And having a new guy around could add a little pressure to perform which will be helpful.

Certainly true on all points.

He still has a couple of years left right?

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2008, 11:57 AM
we have a deep group of receivers but only courman, and coco are really good... it would be nice to add a third weapon

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2008, 11:57 AM
we have a deep group of receivers but only courman, and coco are really good... it would be nice to add a third weapon

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2008, 12:04 PM

danefan
September 3rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
WTF is this? MLB? mid-season trades? xconfusedx

Who'd App State send to BC? A 3-start NC recruit to be named later?xnonono2x

mountaineertider
September 3rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
Actually we sent two cornhole games, a bottle of moonshine, and a coupon to DBI.

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
WTF is this? MLB? mid-season trades? xconfusedx

Who'd App State send to BC? A 3-start NC recruit to be named later?xnonono2x

I dont like it either... what are the rules governing such a transfer anyway?

BarefootApp
September 3rd, 2008, 01:16 PM
He's listed on the roster now. #83.

JMU DUUUKES
September 3rd, 2008, 01:18 PM
i remember we had an NC State WR transfer 2/3 years ago, Chris Hawkins I think his name was. He didn't make the team the following year. A lot of these BCS guys assume they'll be amazing at this level, but not always.

danefan
September 3rd, 2008, 01:31 PM

I'm pretty sure he could not have been on BC's roster this year. He probably left BC after the spring semester and just didn't decide where he wanted to go until last minute. There has to be a cut-off at App State for registration in classes anyway, right?

BeauFoster
September 3rd, 2008, 01:32 PM
The guy committed to BC while O'Brien was there, he probably didn't like playing for Jags. As for why he waited so long to transfer, he may have already been enrolled at ASU for the fall, he just had to get everything in order to join the team. No one knows what the circumstances are, so it's probably best to withhold judgment until the facts are known. Jumping to conclusions...

danefan
September 3rd, 2008, 01:36 PM

I'm pretty sure he could not have been on BC's roster this year. He probably left BC after the spring semester and just didn't decide where he wanted to go until last minute. There has to be a cut-off at App State for registration in classes anyway, right?

trusty
September 3rd, 2008, 01:39 PM

You can say that again.....and again......and again:)

LehighFan11
September 3rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
App must of just waited to break this story because he had to transfer before classes started unless App starts classes late. He probably not make a huge impact, but anything would help i guess.

GGASU
September 3rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
This has to piss off some of the current receivers...

xarguex

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2008, 01:57 PM
Classes started last week and I am not a student anymore so I dont know but I believe last friday was the last day to add a class... so who knows...

Skjellyfetti
September 3rd, 2008, 02:16 PM
Classes started last week and I am not a student anymore so I dont know but I believe last friday was the last day to add a class... so who knows...

Yesterday was the last day to add a class.

ERASU2113
September 3rd, 2008, 02:48 PM

Well he could get some playing time late in the game, most likely. If App can play like they should against Jacksonville......he'll play.

As for classes, you can still add one if the professor green lights it. I was feeling out a graduation audit today and there were atleast 5 people that come in to get a form signed for a late add.

Black Saturday
September 3rd, 2008, 03:14 PM

We are all sitting around waiting for Brian Quick to develop his potential, once that happens he could rewrite our record books.xwhistlex

B&G
September 3rd, 2008, 03:25 PM
We are all sitting around waiting for Brian Quick to develop his potential, once that happens he could rewrite our record books.xwhistlex

That would be nice and I realize he's still young and inexperienced but I just don't know if the kid can catch. Hopefully I am wrong.

james_lawfirm
September 3rd, 2008, 03:29 PM

Man, I want Quick to be good, just like anybody else. But, he seems to lack the good hands to be a receiver. I think I remember he dropped one (along with a long list of his peers) at LSU. And, everyone remembers the dropped TD pass at Michigan.

If the receivers Coach can turn him into a good receiver soon, then fine. Otherwise, can he play D?

Borat
September 3rd, 2008, 06:27 PM
Actually we sent two cornhole games, a bottle of moonshine, and a coupon to DBI.

Should have gotten them to throw in a $2 poem written by Joshua Watauga.

ERASU2113
September 3rd, 2008, 08:32 PM
Man, I want Quick to be good, just like anybody else. But, he seems to lack the good hands to be a receiver. I think I remember he dropped one (along with a long list of his peers) at LSU. And, everyone remembers the dropped TD pass at Michigan.

If the receivers Coach can turn him into a good receiver soon, then fine. Otherwise, can he play D?

CoCo
T.J. Courman
Brian Quick
Josh Johnson
Blake Elder

Johnson and CoCo have the most experience...that's a young receiver corps already. Someone other than CoCo needs to make an impact and get open more - maybe it's Magazu, maybe Quick. Just someone needs to come out.

elon77
September 4th, 2008, 08:39 AM

Sounds like if they got a bottle of shine they might have the better end of the deal.xnodx

DLS
September 4th, 2008, 08:45 AM
i wonder how his conditioning compares to the rest of teams since he missed out on summer camp.

who will this guy be competing with? blake elder?

elon77
September 4th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Have any running backs you would be interested in trading? Maybe the young man that came from Tech. We could send you ................................................ a Bio Bus. Need a Bio Bus for a running back?

DLS
September 4th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Have any running backs you would be interested in trading? Maybe the young man that came from Tech. We could send you ................................................ a Bio Bus. Need a Bio Bus for a running back?

applecart has been running on bio-diesel for years. don't you know that boone is always ahead of the times?

appfan2008
September 4th, 2008, 08:57 AM
CoCo
T.J. Courman
Brian Quick
Josh Johnson
Blake Elder

Johnson and CoCo have the most experience...that's a young receiver corps already. Someone other than CoCo needs to make an impact and get open more - maybe it's Magazu, maybe Quick. Just someone needs to come out.

are you kidding?

courman has by far the most experience in that group... he has caught at least 20 balls each of his first three seasons... he has three rings... hell he caught passes from richie williams... richie williams!!!

appfan2008
September 4th, 2008, 08:58 AM

he certainly hasnt shown us anything yet... except how to drop passes which I am sure I could show you all how to do as well!

but in his defense he has played in 2 games as a college athlete and they were at LSU and at Michigan...

elon77
September 4th, 2008, 09:09 AM
applecart has been running on bio-diesel for years. don't you know that boone is always ahead of the times?

Oh well, I tried.xbawlingx

magman919
September 4th, 2008, 11:47 AM
I don't mind a kid transferring in when the season has began. Pierre Banks came from the Air Force Academy Prep School a week before App. played Wyoming in the 04-05 season. He made that road trip after being on campus for a week. He did end up redshirting that year. He has turned out to be a somewhat addequate player.:D

APPALACHIANstate
September 4th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Welcome to Boone, friend...

SoCon48
September 4th, 2008, 02:53 PM
why would we accept a transfer mid season like this? does anyone know?

Mid season? I count 11 games left..maybe up to 15 more.xrulesx

But i know what you meant.

SoCon48
September 4th, 2008, 02:56 PM

Now if BQ could just run without actually having to catch the pass..........

SoCon48
September 4th, 2008, 02:59 PM

Gosh. Then do we have to cut Pierre Banks? He came in the same way.

Eaglesrus
September 4th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Gosh. Then do we have to cut Pierre Banks? He came in the same way.

Yes, I think you do. Sad to see him go :)