PDA

View Full Version : CCU/colgate

bodoyle
September 2nd, 2008, 10:56 PM
Coastal Carolina was thinking of moving its home opener up to Thursday night against Colgate, but Raiders officials did not want their student athletes to miss additional classes. As a result, CCU will play Colgate either on Saturday night at 7pm as scheduled or push the game back to Sunday afternoon at 1pm. A decision is expected sometime on Wednesday.

http://www.wpde.com/sports/sports_story.aspx?id=184528

TheValleyRaider
September 2nd, 2008, 11:43 PM
Sorry we couldn't be more accomodating, but the Saturday night/Sunday afternoon choice doesn't bother me much either way (maybe it's just because the Giants open their season on Thursday, so I won't miss anything either way xwhistlex)

From Colgate's perspective, I certainly understand why they made the decision. I can also understand not wanting to have to schedule flight and hotel reservations on such short notice. Tough situation for both schools, no doubt

Here's to hoping CCU doesn't suffer much damage in the storm xnodx xprayx

IaaScribe
September 3rd, 2008, 01:21 AM
Latest projection has Hanna in the Scranton area by 8 p.m. Saturday, so as long as the Brooks Stadium field holds up, I'd assume the game will go on as scheduled.

bodoyle
September 3rd, 2008, 08:23 AM
Latest projection has Hanna in the Scranton area by 8 p.m. Saturday, so as long as the Brooks Stadium field holds up, I'd assume the game will go on as scheduled.

Brooks Stadium will be torn to shreds. It gets torn up on a dry day let along after taking, what looks like a pretty good hit Saturday morning. That's why I don't understand moving the game later and not earlier. The place will be a swamp.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT08/refresh/AL0808W+gif/084114W_sm.gif

Hoseinexile07
September 3rd, 2008, 08:29 AM
Why not just play up at Colgate? Oh, my bad. Parolees can't leave the state. :D Just kidding. Good luck against Colgate, Chants!

CarolinaGirl
September 3rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
Game is being moved to Sunday at 1:00. Official announcement by CCU to follow shortly.

bodoyle
September 3rd, 2008, 10:20 AM
Why not just play up at Colgate? Oh, my bad. Parolees can't leave the state. :D Just kidding. Good luck against Colgate, Chants!

We have a home and home with them. We'll be up there next year.

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2008, 10:23 AM
well good luck... i think moving the game time is silly but hey officials do what they do...

CarolinaGirl
September 3rd, 2008, 10:34 AM
We have a home and home with them. We'll be up there next year.

One of the Gate fans said on this board (somewhere) that it isn't a home and home. I don't know if it is or not.

CarolinaGirl
September 3rd, 2008, 10:36 AM
well good luck... i think moving the game time is silly but hey officials do what they do...

Agreed! They should have a better idea of what that thing is doing down there later today but I guess they can't wait too long to make a decision.

bodoyle
September 3rd, 2008, 10:53 AM
They can move it, and prolly should since Brooks get torn up every Saturday, but moving it later after it rains is ridiculous. I heard from a friend that Colgate refused to play Thursday and we couldn't make them do it, so it was Sunday or nothing.

bodoyle
September 3rd, 2008, 12:04 PM
http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/at200808_model.gif

Landfall as a Cat 3 xnonono2x

http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/storm_radar/hanna08l.2008090118_anim.gif?cache=125

Go...gate
September 3rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
One of the Gate fans said on this board (somewhere) that it isn't a home and home. I don't know if it is or not.

Regrettably, it is not. We scheduled each other because we both got blown off by FBS programs for games on the same date. We should make this home and home, however.

TheValleyRaider
September 3rd, 2008, 12:41 PM
This is our 2009 schedule (tentative, of course), and unfortunately no CCU

Sept. 5 MONMOUTH
Sept. 12 STONY BROOK
Sept. 19 at Dartmouth
Sept. 26 FORDHAM
Oct. 3 CORNELL
Oct. 10 at Princeton
Oct. 17 at Georgetown
Oct. 24 at Holy Cross
Oct. 31 LEHIGH
Nov. 7 at Lafayette
Nov. 14 BUCKNELL

We do have an open date in 2011 if you are interested in a trip up to Hamilton. It's in October, so you might even get to see snow ;)

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 3rd, 2008, 02:04 PM
This is our 2009 schedule (tentative, of course), and unfortunately no CCU

Sept. 5 MONMOUTH
Sept. 12 STONY BROOK
Sept. 19 at Dartmouth
Sept. 26 FORDHAM
Oct. 3 CORNELL
Oct. 10 at Princeton
Oct. 17 at Georgetown
Oct. 24 at Holy Cross
Oct. 31 LEHIGH
Nov. 7 at Lafayette
Nov. 14 BUCKNELL

We do have an open date in 2011 if you are interested in a trip up to Hamilton. It's in October, so you might even get to see snow ;)

That's a pretty easy schedule by Colgate stadards. Biddle has traditionally scheduled a FCS power in the beginning of the year but not so in '09. Obviously Stony Brook and Monmouth are improved programs but they're not Furma, Umass, 'Nova, Buffalo etc. Your guys '08 slate is brutal.

Go...gate
September 3rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
That's a pretty easy schedule by Colgate stadards. Biddle has traditionally scheduled a FCS power in the beginning of the year but not so in '09. Obviously Stony Brook and Monmouth are improved programs but they're not Furma, Umass, 'Nova, Buffalo etc. Your guys '08 slate is brutal.

I'm starting to believe that Biddle has less scheduling authority. Since Mark Murphy left, the schedules have gotten less attractive (though, to his credit, present Colgate AD Dave Roach made the scheduling arrangements with Furman and Coastal).

TheValleyRaider
September 3rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
ESPN mentioned the game on the beginning of this evening's SportsCenter

Apparently we're the only game that's been changed in some way by Hanna so far

Well, Colgate at "Costal" Carolina, anyway xdohx xlolx

Seawolf97
September 3rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
First moving the game by one day makes alot sense. I doubt anyone has ever played in a Cat2 or 3 hurricane. Sunday from what I hear will be beautiful up and down the East Coast.
Now whats this about easy schedule in 2009? We go to a full 63 scholarship team in 2009. I suspect the result will be about the same as 2008.

kirkblitz
September 3rd, 2008, 09:04 PM
crap will richardson will be our starter, this could be a nail biter :( :(

But then again it will be hot as hell, we dont play day games any more because of the heat here during noon and 1 pm games. Will be fun xbawlingx

ChantDad
September 4th, 2008, 08:04 AM
But then again it will be hot as hell, we dont play day games any more because of the heat here during noon and 1 pm games. Will be fun xbawlingx

It was never really a heat issue...it was a sun/visibility issue and it was the mid-afternoon games, ~3-4 pm starts, that were the killer...the setting sun shines right in the faces of the Coastal bench and fans and it is almost impossible to watch the field...1:00 will not be bad...hot, yes, but if anything, that should be to Coastal's advantage.