PDA

View Full Version : Updated Kidd Brewer Pics

ASUdrummer
September 2nd, 2008, 09:13 PM
Sorry it took so long...it was a rainy week!

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7819/dscf1827bl5.th.jpg (http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf1827bl5.jpg)
East Side
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6472/dscf1828ie7.th.jpg (http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf1828ie7.jpg)
West Side
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6983/dscf1831tu7.th.jpg (http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf1831tu7.jpg)
New High Res. Scoreboard

ASUdrummer
September 2nd, 2008, 09:14 PM
...in case you don't know, you can click on the individual pictures to get a larger view...

thmst30
September 2nd, 2008, 10:09 PM
Can't wait to see it Saturday! New screen is damn nice compared to what we had.

Mountaineer2825
September 2nd, 2008, 11:18 PM
Maybe i'm just not seeing it right, but shouldn't there be a spot beside or below the screen for the score? It looks to me like the big wide black area is just the video screen, does it not?

ERASU2113
September 3rd, 2008, 12:12 AM
I posted some pics of the stadium awhile back....Thank God there's some good ones now not just cell phone quality :D

AppIAA
September 3rd, 2008, 06:21 AM
Maybe i'm just not seeing it right, but shouldn't there be a spot beside or below the screen for the score? It looks to me like the big wide black area is just the video screen, does it not?

It is just a video screen.. they will be posting the score on the video screen digitally

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2008, 07:47 AM
thanks for the pictures the stadium looks great...

i am sure someone will come on here and complain about another app thread...

ASUdrummer
September 3rd, 2008, 02:59 PM
They were testing that new scoreboard while we were out there and it was quit amazing. It will make any game experience in that stadium much better . Also, while I was walking across Stadium parking lot today the Bell rang out of the Stadium and "Hells Bells" started playing...such a tease!!! Can't WAIT for Saturday! Go Apps!!!

ASUdrummer
September 3rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
They were testing that new scoreboard while we were out there and it was quit amazing. It will make any game experience in that stadium much better . Also, while I was walking across Stadium parking lot today the Bell rang out of the Stadium and "Hells Bells" started playing...such a tease!!! Can't WAIT for Saturday! Go Apps!!!

IndianaAppMan
September 3rd, 2008, 03:14 PM
So is the east side COMPLETELY finished, passing inspections and all? What about the new building underneath the new stands? Also, aren't there supposed to be new restrooms or concessions in the south end zone? What else will be in the concourse area?

Gosh I miss Boone... xbawlingx

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
man i wish i was in boone right now...

ASUMountaineer
September 3rd, 2008, 03:25 PM
So is the east side COMPLETELY finished, passing inspections and all? What about the new building underneath the new stands? Also, aren't there supposed to be new restrooms or concessions in the south end zone? What else will be in the concourse area?

Gosh I miss Boone... xbawlingx

The new restrooms and such in the south end zone will not be ready. However, the east side stands should be completed, completely.

citdog
September 3rd, 2008, 03:27 PM
man i wish this wasn't the 5th goddamn thread on this same ****ing topic. we have a COMPLETELY NEW ****ing stadium and posted all pics on the same thread.......you ****ing ned beatty hillbillies just don't ****ing learn do you

ASUMountaineer
September 3rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
man i wish this wasn't the 5th goddamn thread on this same ****ing topic. we have a COMPLETELY NEW ****ing stadium and posted all pics on the same thread.......you ****ing ned beatty hillbillies just don't ****ing learn do you

When it gets a response from you like this Citdog, of course they keep getting new threads. xthumbsupx See you Oct. 4th. xnodx

ASUdrummer
September 4th, 2008, 02:54 PM
The new restrooms and such in the south end zone will not be ready. However, the east side stands should be completed, completely.

There is a brand new building directly under the new East Side stands that has concessions and restrooms (At least that's what I'm told from a credible source, since no one is allowed back there). It's open between the bottom and top level of the east side so all of the people down at the concessions building can see out to the field. It's kinda cool how they designed that. Anyways, I'm sure most of you will get a chance to see it all in person Saturday!!! Go Apps!

ASUG8
September 4th, 2008, 02:57 PM

Calm down, Francis.xsmiley_wix

ASUMountaineer
September 4th, 2008, 03:10 PM
There is a brand new building directly under the new East Side stands that has concessions and restrooms (At least that's what I'm told from a credible source, since no one is allowed back there). It's open between the bottom and top level of the east side so all of the people down at the concessions building can see out to the field. It's kinda cool how they designed that. Anyways, I'm sure most of you will get a chance to see it all in person Saturday!!! Go Apps!

I guess they got that done. Earlier this summer Peacock said he was upset that that part of the enhancement wouldn't be ready for the season. Awesome.

BeauFoster
September 4th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I guess they got that done. Earlier this summer Peacock said he was upset that that part of the enhancement wouldn't be ready for the season. Awesome.

No, CP was ticked that the south endzone restrooms wouldn't be complete for this season. The plan was always on time to have the east side completed.

T-Dog
September 5th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Final addition to KBS before the first game. A nice big Block A ontop of the scoreboard. Right below it, there's a new "Welcome to the Rock" sign which isn't up yet as they're fine-tuning the speakers and PA.

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Final addition to KBS before the first game. A nice big Block A ontop of the scoreboard. Right below it, there's a new "Welcome to the Rock" sign which isn't up yet as they're fine-tuning the speakers and PA.

awesome... that block A is pretty sweet up there...charlie is the man...

Mountaineer
September 5th, 2008, 01:33 PM

Love it! I'm a huge Block A fan. xthumbsupx Thanks for the picture.

T-Dog
September 5th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Don't quote me onthis, but looks like it's got some wires and such attached to it so it might light up at night ala the Indoor Facility Block A.

MountainMan
September 5th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Man I need one of those light up A's to put on the wall at the house! It would be the perfect mood lighting.

T-Dog
September 5th, 2008, 06:23 PM
The finished scoreboard.

UNIFanSince1983
September 5th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I will admit that scoreboard is really sweet...

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Gameday tomorrow......

yay

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 08:23 PM
The finished scoreboard.

hot damn that is beautiful!!!!
TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IndianaAppMan
September 5th, 2008, 09:12 PM
The finished scoreboard.To non-App fans, please excuse me. I've got to let out some pride in my alma mater for a minute...

Oh my gosh! xeekx

That scoreboard is freaking amazing!

I swear: Every time I read about things going on at App State, it makes me feel old, even though I graduated four short years ago.

How can one university that's not even UNC-caliber (funding-wise, that is), in just four years, get all of these awesome stuff:

(1) a huge new library
(2) a huge new bookstore
(3) an expanded student union
(4) a huge new recreation facility
(5) a new dining hall
(6) two new science buildings
(7) another new parking deck
(8) a new soccer stadium
(9) a new baseball stadium
(10) a new indoor football practice facility
(11) an expansion to the east side stands
(12) a gi-normous new athletics center behind the west stands
(13) a monumental, paradigm-shifting victory over MEESHIGAN
(14) three straight national titles in football

That doesn't cover everything, like the renovations to the dorms and several academic buildings, the buildings that were torn down, the planned new College of Ed building, the planned field hockey stadium, or all the new things in Boone. These changes are crazy, but they're APP-SOLUTELY REMARKABLE! xthumbsupx

Current App students, you have no idea how great you've got it, but even without everything I just mentioned, I loved everything about ASU and wouldn't have changed a thing.

IndianaAppMan
September 5th, 2008, 09:25 PM
The one simple thing I would change at KBS is put back a block "A" at the 50-yard-line in the center like we had when it was Astro-turf. Or maybe the Yosef logo would look cool, too. It wouldn't be anything extremely costly like removing the track. That may never happen and doesn't necessarily need to.

I'm not complaining. I'm just being picky.

Maybe they'll do that when the field hockey stadium is built at State Farm (or wherever it's supposed to be).

T-Dog
September 5th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Also, the Block A does light up at night.

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 09:30 PM
To non-App fans, please excuse me. I've got to let out some pride in my alma mater for a minute...

Oh my gosh! xeekx

That scoreboard is freaking amazing!

I swear: Every time I read about things going on at App State, it makes me feel old, even though I graduated four short years ago.

How can one university that's not even UNC-caliber (funding-wise, that is), in just four years, get all of these awesome stuff:

(1) a huge new library
(2) a huge new bookstore
(3) an expanded student union
(4) a huge new recreation facility
(5) a new dining hall
(6) two new science buildings
(7) another new parking deck
(8) a new soccer stadium
(9) a new baseball stadium
(10) a new indoor football practice facility
(11) an expansion to the east side stands
(12) a gi-normous new athletics center behind the west stands
(13) a monumental, paradigm-shifting victory over MEESHIGAN
(14) three straight national titles in football

That doesn't cover everything, like the renovations to the dorms and several academic buildings, the buildings that were torn down, the planned new College of Ed building, the planned field hockey stadium, or all the new things in Boone. These changes are crazy, but they're APP-SOLUTELY REMARKABLE! xthumbsupx

Current App students, you have no idea how great you've got it, but even without everything I just mentioned, I loved everything about ASU and wouldn't have changed a thing.

My freshman year was nothing but construction. That list just described my years at ASU xnodx xnodx xnodx

And I know when I come back more will have changed. Boone & ASU are beautiful

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Maybe they'll do that when the field hockey stadium is built at State Farm (or wherever it's supposed to be).

I remember when they first announced the renovation project the field hockey stadium was going to be on campus.

Right around the steam plant on Rivers St. I believe

I do know....

-on Howard St. they're puttin in a new Education building.
-Once the new Welborn Hall opens, they're tearing the current one down for a bigger Quad
-I.G. Greer Hall has been mentioned to be down down eventually
-East Hall is going to be torn down in the near future

Never ending facelift.

T-Dog
September 5th, 2008, 09:38 PM
One more tonight.

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Wow...that's all I can say.

I can't way for Presbyterian now....or even Halloween night

thmst30
September 5th, 2008, 10:11 PM
One more tonight.
AWESOME!!! I love the light-up block A's. First on the indoor practice facility and now within' the stadium itself on the scoreboard. They just have a magically glow to them.:D

IndianaAppMan
September 6th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Blah blah

IndianaAppMan
September 6th, 2008, 12:45 AM
blah blah

blackNgold93
September 6th, 2008, 01:03 PM
The one simple thing I would change at KBS is put back a block "A" at the 50-yard-line in the center like we had when it was Astro-turf. Or maybe the Yosef logo would look cool, too. It wouldn't be anything extremely costly like removing the track. That may never happen and doesn't necessarily need to.

I'm not complaining. I'm just being picky.

I'm just wondering if the reason there is no"A" on the 50 is because of the construction and the fact that the filming of the games for TV has been from the East side. It would look weird to see the "A" upside down on TV. Maybe once the new press box is complete we'll see the "A" in the center of the field. Just a guess.

IndianaAppMan
September 6th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I'm just wondering if the reason there is no"A" on the 50 is because of the construction and the fact that the filming of the games for TV has been from the East side. It would look weird to see the "A" upside down on TV. Maybe once the new press box is complete we'll see the "A" in the center of the field. Just a guess.

sounds reasonable. i hadn't thought of that. xnodx

IndianaAppMan
September 6th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I thought I'd share the "Before" and "After" Shots...

I still can't believe we had over 30,000 people at Kidd Brewer for one game. Simply amazing! :D

BTW: The "After" picture was from Mountaineer in the APP-JAX thread.

ERASU2113
September 6th, 2008, 09:01 PM
You asked about how many were at the game today.

MSUBear42
September 7th, 2008, 12:33 PM
30K? Congrats!

Are those soccer and field hockey lines?

thmst30
September 11th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Just found an AWESOME picture.

Check out the WAY WAY before Kidd Brewer Stadium (back when it was actually Conrad Stadium).

http://www.alumni.appstate.edu/blog/photos/campus/conradstadium.jpg

Skjellyfetti
September 12th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Boone in 1910... before KBS:

http://www.main.nc.us/ashe/boone1910.jpg

APPStrongNC
September 12th, 2008, 07:26 AM

Check out the WAY WAY before Kidd Brewer Stadium (back when it was actually Conrad Stadium).

You got a date for that shot. It was before I was born ;)

appfan2008
September 12th, 2008, 07:37 AM

what an awesome picture... oh where we have come from!

appfan2008
September 12th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Boone in 1910... before KBS:

http://www.main.nc.us/ashe/boone1910.jpg

that pic is pretty sweet too but it looks like it was taken somewhere near where kbs is today towards howard knob just east of it...

thmst30
September 12th, 2008, 02:55 PM
You got a date for that shot. It was before I was born ;)
1963. Found it here: http://www.alumni.appstate.edu/blog/index.php?s=wcu near the bottom of the page.

thmst30
September 12th, 2008, 02:56 PM
that pic is pretty sweet too but it looks like it was taken somewhere near where kbs is today towards howard knob just east of it...
Just a guess, but it looks like a view of King Street from somewhere above Rivers St.

appstate38
September 12th, 2008, 03:17 PM
what an awesome picture... oh where we have come from!xoutofrepx

This is the only rep points I can give you. Great find!!!

GaSouthern
September 12th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Can't.......stand......tracks....around...fields.. .. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[/typical comic strip death]

GaSouthern
September 12th, 2008, 04:11 PM

This picture finally makes me realize why the stands suddenly slope at a completely different rake 1/2 way up! I've always wondered why they did that. Looks good with the additions, makes the SoCon Proud! xthumbsupx

Now that you guys have indoor plumbing the Griz finally have something to envy xsmiley_wix

SoCon48
September 12th, 2008, 05:03 PM
And Statesboro to emulate.