PDA

View Full Version : APP will be back strong !!!

phillyAPP
September 2nd, 2008, 07:02 PM
Enjoy the break in APP talk.

The rest of the season is ALL ABOUT FCS FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!

GO APP................... FIGHT APP.....................KICK ASS !!!!!!!!!!!

bobbythekidd
September 2nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
Another worthless App thread!!

xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayx

IndianaAppMan
September 2nd, 2008, 07:25 PM

xoutofrepx

No offense to phillyapp. I'm just as excited about ASU football as anybody. They'll be back strong, but bobbythekidd, you're absolutely right on that post! xthumbsupx

mountain_man
September 2nd, 2008, 07:28 PM
I was out of town all weekend, and I am now in Dallas on business. I just got to a computer to share my thoughts. (like they matter, but here goes) App will be fine. No one got hurt too badly, and we got to see some things we needed to see. We know our weaknesses, and our coaches will try their best to correct them. All this giant hunting is now over and we can get back to the mission at hand. #1, another SoCon title, and #2, a 4th national championship. Will we win either? Nothing is a guarantee, and the competition is tough, very tough. Can we do it? Sure, but it's going to be a long, hard ride.

Put your Michigan crap up, and move on. Put the national championship crap up and move on. We are in the now, and it's time to look forward...
xtwocentsx

appstate38
September 2nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
I was out of town all weekend, and I am now in Dallas on business. I just got to a computer to share my thoughts. (like they matter, but here goes) App will be fine. No one got hurt too badly, and we got to see some things we needed to see. We know our weaknesses, and our coaches will try their best to correct them. All this giant hunting is now over and we can get back to the mission at hand. #1, another SoCon title, and #2, a 4th national championship. Will we win either? Nothing is a guarantee, and the competition is tough, very tough. Can we do it? Sure, but it's going to be a long, hard ride.

Put your Michigan crap up, and move on. Put the national championship crap up and move on. We are in the now, and it's time to look forward...
xtwocentsx

No offense, but can someone please tell our dear chancellor this because I get a little tired of always seeing him walk around hugging those National championship trophies. Its all about what have you done lately. Those things are last year. They have no bearing on what this year will bring. Definitely time to F.I.D.O (Forget It and Drive On!)

IndianaAppMan
September 2nd, 2008, 08:38 PM
No offense, but can someone please tell our dear chancellor this because I get a little tired of always seeing him walk around hugging those National championship trophies. Its all about what have you done lately. Those things are last year. They have no bearing on what this year will bring. Definitely time to F.I.D.O (Forget It and Drive On!)

I second that notion. I do appreciate that he uses the national titles to try and get as much mileage and good pub for the university as possible, but sometimes it goes too far.

For example, what's with the national titles being on THE university sign on Hardin Street? That has no place there. Put that on a billboard somewhere in town or on 421 or 321 on the way up the mountain, if you want to brag on athletics. The university sign is supposed to represent Appalachian as an academic institution, not as a football program.

If I was in charge, I'd be much more inclined to put "2001 Time Magazine College of the Year," or just "Welcome to" at the top. That would be MUCH classier.

james_lawfirm
September 2nd, 2008, 08:46 PM

SACRILEGE!!! If the Chancellor wants to show off his bling, then let him.

james_lawfirm
September 2nd, 2008, 08:49 PM
If I was in charge, I'd be much more inclined to put "2001 Time Magazine College of the Year," or just "Welcome to" at the top. That would be MUCH classier.

OK, that's why he's Chancellor, and you're not. And, I bet you'd play "Hot, Hot, Hot" to visiting students too.

IndianaAppMan
September 2nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
OK, that's why he's Chancellor, and you're not. And, I bet you'd play "Hot, Hot, Hot" to visiting students too.

i'm not suggesting i'd make a good chancellor. xrolleyesx

and how is playing "Hot Hot Hot" consistent with suggesting we have "Welcome to" on the university sign instead of football? xconfusedx

mountaineertider
September 2nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
Didn't Peacock say something like "Athletics is the front porch, while academia is the house that is college."?

That's how I see the sign being OK.

APPALACHIANstate
September 2nd, 2008, 09:10 PM
You're gonna miss this...
You're gonna want this back...
You're gonna wish these days...
Hadn't gone by so fast...

http://www.onlinetickets.com/images/events/lp_traceadkins.jpg

IndianaAppMan
September 2nd, 2008, 09:12 PM
Didn't Peacock say something like "Athletics is the front porch, while academia is the house that is college."?

That's how I see the sign being OK.

I disagree, but the way you put that is reasonable.

There are no nationally-respected universities I've ever seen with the football program mentioned on the front sign. It's not the biggest deal in the world. I just think there are other ways of promoting the program (billboards, etc.) than putting it on that sign.

On a brighter side, I was pleased that on the ASU ad during the LSU game, very little emphasis was on football, whereas about half of LSU's was football-related.

james_lawfirm
September 2nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
i'm not suggesting i'd make a good chancellor. xrolleyesx

and how is playing "Hot Hot Hot" consistent with suggesting we have "Welcome to" on the university sign instead of football? xconfusedx

Actually, you said "If I was in charge". Same thing.

And, "Hot, hot, hot" and putting "welcome to" on the university sign, instead of the football trophy likenesses, are both sophomoric attempts to enter the real world. I prefer the trophies.

james_lawfirm
September 2nd, 2008, 09:43 PM
Indiana:

Whoops. Sorry. I went back to your original post. You apparently did not say "If I was in charge."

Anyway, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Drop by my tailgate spot in the Raley lot & I'll buy you a beer.

appstate38
September 2nd, 2008, 09:45 PM
SACRILEGE!!! If the Chancellor wants to show off his bling, then let him.

Look James, Ken Peacock has done a tremendous job promoting the University, it just seems a little over top from time to time.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 2nd, 2008, 10:00 PM
I fully expect App State to make another deep playoff run.

They'll be fine!!

james_lawfirm
September 2nd, 2008, 10:01 PM
Look James, Ken Peacock has done a tremendous job promoting the University, it just seems a little over top from time to time.

If you get tired of Dr. Peacock, then fine. However, I recall previous Chancellors, at least I remember we had them. I don't actually remember them, except for the one who went skinny dipping in the duck pond. That's because they never did anything worthy of note (except the skinny dipping part). If they did actually do something, you could not prove it by me whilst I was a student.

Dr. Peacock recognizes that his job is basically to find some way to attract more of the best and brightest students to come to ASU. Somebody correct me if you think his job description is something different. How do you attract better students? Well, you figure out some way to get positive publicity for your school that sends potential students the message that they might actually enjoy and benefit from studying at ASU. Problem is, publicity costs money. But wait, ASU has a championship football team. How can he generate excitement for the school? By emphasizing the football team. By appearing in person to all of the games. By carrying those THREE trophies to the games. I would submit to you that parading those trophies around instead of allowing them to gather dust in some old trophy case is a far better use for them. And, the beauty of it is that publicity he has harnessed is far better than anything he could have purchased in the media.

There is no question in my mind that not only does ASU have the best football team around, it has the best Chancellor perhaps of any school, anywhere. His job is really that of a cheerleader with a shirt and tie. Why haven't other Chancellor's figured that out. I have no idea.

If Dr. Peacock wants to parade those trophies then I have no problem with that.

CatFan22
September 2nd, 2008, 10:02 PM

xnodx

Thundering_Herd
September 2nd, 2008, 10:58 PM
Jesus, even when you guys lose BADLY, we are hammered with worthless threads!!! xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx xflamemadx

Mountaineer2825
September 2nd, 2008, 11:13 PM
Has anyone heard about Deandre Pressley's (backup QB) condition? He went down pretty hard in the 4th quarter on his shoulder around his collar bone and I haven't heard anything about it since the LSU game.

ERASU2113
September 3rd, 2008, 12:56 AM
Peacock hugs the trophies like he does because it is popular with students. We see them (yes, I'm a student still so I say we) and we cheer louder and go crazier. It's something he's done since the first trophy, it gets the students, mainly but all ASU fans as well, more into the game. It makes Kidd Brewer roudier.

Regardless, some of the stuff is over the top, I agree. However, football is the money maker for ASU right now. They're goona milk it for all it's worth.

T-Dog
September 3rd, 2008, 03:48 AM
Y'all do know we have our own message boards? Right? xeyebrowx

http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate

http://www.appcountry.com/forum/

http://appalachianstate.rivals.com/forum.asp

xthumbsupx

APPALACHIANstate
September 3rd, 2008, 05:14 AM
You know whats even more annoying then more APP threads? People coming in to complain about more app threads.

Appstate29
September 3rd, 2008, 05:25 AM
does anyone have a youtube version of the ASU advertisement during the LSU game????? I'd love to watch it.

B&G
September 3rd, 2008, 07:13 AM
True, App should be ok. The only thing is we won't really know how good they are until the JMU game. LSU and Jax are both mismatches. As bad as we looked against LSU we will probably look like worldbeaters against Jax. Unless of course Jax plays us close and then it might be time to start worrying.

Put me down as someone who likes Peacock's antics. He walked into a bar in Chatty after the 3rd Title and the place went bat***** crazy. I think it's great to have a stuffed shirt type showing that kind of spirit and charisma.

jus10asu
September 3rd, 2008, 07:23 AM
Has anyone heard about Deandre Pressley's (backup QB) condition? He went down pretty hard in the 4th quarter on his shoulder around his collar bone and I haven't heard anything about it since the LSU game.

Word is that he dislocated his non-throwing arm shoulder and he is expected to be able to play this weekend if needed.

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2008, 07:28 AM
You're gonna miss this...
You're gonna want this back...
You're gonna wish these days...
Hadn't gone by so fast...

http://www.onlinetickets.com/images/events/lp_traceadkins.jpg

truer words could not have been spoken and being that i just got married my wife and i listen to that song and try to think about it all the time... bask in the glory for now... until someone else wins the title, why not show off the trophies?

this is a worthless thread

Eaglegus2
September 3rd, 2008, 07:39 AM
truer words could not have been spoken and being that i just got married my wife and i listen to that song and try to think about it all the time... bask in the glory for now... until someone else wins the title, why not show off the trophies?

this is a worthless thread

I have to agree with those words.

Life will pass you by fast.xbawlingx

Life is like a roll of toilet paper. When the roll is full is goes off slowly. The less on the roll the faster it empties.xsmiley_wix

All App State should bask in the glory of their National Championships. You don't know when the next one will come.xnodx

Best of luck in 2008. Georgia Southern will be back on top inanother year or two.

trusty
September 3rd, 2008, 09:49 AM
Y'all do know we have our own message boards? Right? xeyebrowx

http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate

http://www.appcountry.com/forum/

http://appalachianstate.rivals.com/forum.asp

xthumbsupx

Wait, I thought it was AGS?xeyebrowx

mtnman
September 3rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
i dont think our defence is much better than last years defence.they did play better the 2nd half,but lsu let up some too.the jmu game will tell is what kind of team this year.

Eaglesrus
September 3rd, 2008, 09:54 AM
You know whats even more annoying then more APP threads? People coming in to complain about more app threads.

Only to an App fan xnodx

citdog
September 3rd, 2008, 09:55 AM
can't wait until 4 October!

Mountaineer
September 3rd, 2008, 09:56 AM

Are you coming to the game? xthumbsupx

citdog
September 3rd, 2008, 09:58 AM
Are you coming to the game? xthumbsupx

wouldn't miss it for the world.......appaholic will be puking.......AGAIN

appfan2008
September 3rd, 2008, 10:07 AM

me neither... beat the hell out of some bulldogs and enjoy a great homecoming what could be better?

89Hen
September 3rd, 2008, 10:10 AM
That's a great quote, but it sounds like a straight line...

"Athletics is the front porch, while academia is the house that is college....

- and our fans are like the guy in the rocking chair playing the banjo on the porch."

- and there is always room for another couch or broken fridge on the porch."

- and the rest of the SoCon teams are like the dogs under the porch."

xsmiley_wix

ASUMountaineer
September 3rd, 2008, 10:51 AM
Ok, it's a worthless App thread. However, I just have to defend Peacock and then I'll keep my App posts relegated to the MMB (for the most part xsmiley_wix). I love Peacock's antics. If many of you remember Chancellor Borkowski, you have to love Peacock. I'll never forget Borkowski, at my tour of ASU before I committed to going there, referred to ASU as "the Chapel Hill of the west." I was so pissed. Now, we have Peacock saying, "why go to the hill when you can come to the mountain?"

I think he is doing everything he can to make ASU better and I love seeing the chancellor out on the sidelines rather than up in a box--or even not at the game. Two years ago, at West Carolina, it rained ridiculously hard the whole game. It was cold, wet, and miserable. We were sitting around the 5 yard line in the pooring rain the whole game and the bleacher in front of us sat Chancellor Peacock. He is so proud of ASU and our athletics too, that he is out amidst the middle of it, not sitting up on a lofty perch. We all should be glad for his antics.

Back to original "keep the ASU threads off AGS" programming.

phillyAPP
September 3rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
That's a great quote, but it sounds like a straight line...

"Athletics is the front porch, while academia is the house that is college....

- and our fans are like the guy in the rocking chair playing the banjo on the porch."

- and there is always room for another couch or broken fridge on the porch."

- and the rest of the SoCon teams are like the dogs under the porch."

xsmiley_wix

Just keep dem barkin dawgs quiet !! its hard to hear da banjo :D

And this thread is OK considering "its another worthless APP State thread"

GO APP .............. Who cares about the cry babies !!!!!!!!!! Beat us and brag like Wofford and GSU, if you can.

I LOVE BEING ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN "KING OF THE HILL".

93henfan
September 3rd, 2008, 11:30 AM
What were you guys expecting when you hired a guy named Peacock? Don't like it, make sure your next Chancellor's last name is Laylow or something.

I have no problems with anything re: App St. To the victor goes the spoils.

I was actually impressed at Chatty that there were no issues with the UD team being surrounding by thousands of App fans within arms reach at the end of the game and there were no real incidents to speak of. The only issue there was the security (or lack thereof) at Finley stadium, and the lack of control/wisdom by the MEAC refs to stop the game and have the PA announcer work in tandem with security to disperse the mob.

But back to App... You win trophies, you have the right to do whatever you want with 'em.

ASU
September 3rd, 2008, 11:30 AM
Some of these comments about App threads are funny. Who in the world would go into one, and then complain......unless that was their intention to begin with. They would be better off to start a topic themselves. IF they could think of anything to "talk" about.

The Cats
September 3rd, 2008, 11:53 AM
Enjoy the break in APP talk.

The rest of the season is ALL ABOUT FCS FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!

GO APP................... FIGHT APP.....................KICK ASS !!!!!!!!!!!

xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

SoCon48
September 3rd, 2008, 12:45 PM
What's so funny is that a large proportion of the App threads were started by non App fans and some were even started by ones who now complain about there being too many App threads!!xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

phillyAPP
September 3rd, 2008, 04:12 PM
What's so funny is that a large proportion of the App threads were started by non App fans and some were even started by ones who now complain about there being too many App threads!!xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

I agree BUT

I can't wait 3 days for the beginning of the end.......

App will get better every game this year and ANOTHER MONSTER playoff run !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xthumbsupx xeekx

furman94
September 3rd, 2008, 04:16 PM
Um... OK phillyapp! The break in the App talk? Did you really think App was going to beat LSU? CHILL! There are other teams out there THAT HAVE THE TALENT TO BEAT ASU! Get off your high horse that is Blowing Rock, and journey into the rest of the FCS world! APP WILL NOT GO FOR 4, MOORE!

furman94
September 3rd, 2008, 04:25 PM
ATTN ALL ASU HOMERITES: There are other teams out there THAT HAVE THE TALENT TO BEAT ASU! Get off your high horse that is Blowing Rock, and journey into the rest of the FCS world! APP WILL NOT GO FOR 4, MOORE!

furman94
September 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM
:D

phillyAPP
September 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
:D

WELL, Furmite94, I give all the FCS teams that beat us ALL the bragging rights alla: Wofford and Georgia Southern.

And yes, I know other FCS teams can beat APP and when they do, THEY can say they KICKED APP ASS............ so when the Furmanites BEAT App, you also can xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex .

I am not just a homer. APP has EARNED ALL the wins they have, much like GSU has done in the past.

And I guess YOU know for sure that APP will NOT go for 4,Moore ?

I have No problems with Furman, what is your problem with me being psyched that APP will continue what it has done for 3 YEARS in A ROW??

I am not even being cocky, the philly in me would be much more harsh on you. I am just psyched that APP played LSU well in the second half, no one was hurt and we can FOCUS on teams on our own level.

And good luck with VT, I think they will be looking to take the ECU lose out on Furman. I am a FCS fan so I mean Good Luck not F Off.

neersnbeers
September 3rd, 2008, 05:47 PM
Is that talent in Greenville?

phillyAPP
September 3rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Is that talent in Greenville?

They could be prospects ? xsmiley_wix

GGASU
September 3rd, 2008, 06:09 PM
ATTN ALL ASU HOMERITES: There are other teams out there THAT HAVE THE TALENT TO BEAT ASU! Get off your high horse that is Blowing Rock, and journey into the rest of the FCS world! APP WILL NOT GO FOR 4, MOORE!

Maybe not....but if Furman beats App in Boone, then you better get on your knees and start praying....because the end is near.

Bobby Lamb could have all the LSU players dress in Furman uniforms, and still get the hell beat out of them in Boone. xthumbsupx

APPALACHIANstate
September 3rd, 2008, 06:12 PM
Printed my tickets! WOOO

Who else is going to be there Saturday? Where are you sitting.

furman94
September 3rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
asshole

AppStateold299
September 3rd, 2008, 08:00 PM

You do realize that we are not in Blowing Rock right? I mean that is like saying you guys are in Travelers Rest. We will travel into the rest of the FCS world and hopefully do very well. More than I can say for Furple. Just because people are hopeful about their team doesn't make them homerites. You stating that we are on a horse from Blowing Rock is very Homerish.

APPStrongNC
September 3rd, 2008, 08:10 PM
Printed my tickets! WOOO

I will be on Boone all day long.
got to get some good parking for some gating ;)

sec 216 row D (seats 2,3)..

APPALACHIANstate
September 3rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
I will be on Boone all day long.
got to get some good parking for some gating ;)

sec 216 row D (seats 2,3)..

This is actually only my second game to attend, I have only listened on the radio for the past 3 years. (I am a Junior and a 1/2 at App)

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

APPStrongNC
September 3rd, 2008, 08:23 PM
This is actually only my second game to attend, I have only listened on the radio for the past 3 years. (I am a Junior and a 1/2 at App)

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

nice man....

spent three years in boone. I worked every freaking saturday I lived in Boone. at least it felt like it. home games were a no go for me on saturday. radio for me then and now at non home games....

ASUMountaineer
September 3rd, 2008, 08:27 PM
Printed my tickets! WOOO

Section 5A, Row KK. Go Apps!

APPALACHIANstate
September 3rd, 2008, 08:27 PM
nice man....

spent three years in boone. I worked every freaking saturday I lived in Boone. at least it felt like it. home games were a no go for me on saturday. radio for me then and now at non home games....

My problem has been the fact that I have a 2 year old son and that I have been a wrestling coach for the past 3 years. A lot of times I have been at tournaments, especially the major off-season tournaments. They take place on Saturdays.

james_lawfirm
September 3rd, 2008, 08:39 PM
Ok, it's a worthless App thread. However, I just have to defend Peacock and then I'll keep my App posts relegated to the MMB (for the most part xsmiley_wix). I love Peacock's antics. If many of you remember Chancellor Borkowski, you have to love Peacock. I'll never forget Borkowski, at my tour of ASU before I committed to going there, referred to ASU as "the Chapel Hill of the west." I was so pissed. Now, we have Peacock saying, "why go to the hill when you can come to the mountain?"

I think he is doing everything he can to make ASU better and I love seeing the chancellor out on the sidelines rather than up in a box--or even not at the game. Two years ago, at West Carolina, it rained ridiculously hard the whole game. It was cold, wet, and miserable. We were sitting around the 5 yard line in the pooring rain the whole game and the bleacher in front of us sat Chancellor Peacock. He is so proud of ASU and our athletics too, that he is out amidst the middle of it, not sitting up on a lofty perch. We all should be glad for his antics.

Back to original "keep the ASU threads off AGS" programming.

I was at that Western game. The Chancellor is the real deal. It wasn't just pouring, it was raining SIDEWAYS!! It rained so hard, my wife (in full rain gear) left at halftime to listen to the game in the car. When she asked my 2 sons (ages 10 & 12) if they wanted to join her, they just looked at her like she was crazy! That's my boys! We stayed through the whole thing.

ERASU2113
September 3rd, 2008, 08:57 PM
Section 5A, Row KK. Go Apps!

For the first time in over 3 years I'll get to watch a game as a student and not as a journalist :D

ASUMountaineer
September 3rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
For the first time in over 3 years I'll get to watch a game as a student and not as a journalist :D

Haha, enjoy the student section, it is much more crowded then it ever was when I was there. Glad I'm up in the alumni section. Same seats for three years and have no plans of not having them.

ASUMountaineer
September 3rd, 2008, 09:28 PM
I was at that Western game. The Chancellor is the real deal. It wasn't just pouring, it was raining SIDEWAYS!! It rained so hard, my wife (in full rain gear) left at halftime to listen to the game in the car. When she asked my 2 sons (ages 10 & 12) if they wanted to join her, they just looked at her like she was crazy! That's my boys! We stayed through the whole thing.

He is the real deal. And, good for your boys, that's what I'm talking about. xnodx Kudos to your wife for going, my wife would not have been there. xlolx

ERASU2113
September 3rd, 2008, 10:24 PM
Haha, enjoy the student section, it is much more crowded then it ever was when I was there. Glad I'm up in the alumni section. Same seats for three years and have no plans of not having them.

Yea I've had to luxury of sitting in press boxes watching the game while my friends go wild haha. I love working for The App but it's my senior year, I need to enjoy it now ;).

I was wrong about how many games I've seen as a "student" I wasn't a journalist the past two Black Saturday's when GSU came to town. In fact last year I was in the group of people that stood at the fence behind one South endzone I believe?

Appstate29
September 5th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Maybe not....but if Furman beats App in Boone, then you better get on your knees and start praying....because the end is near.

Bobby Lamb could have all the LSU players dress in Furman uniforms, and still get the hell beat out of them in Boone. xthumbsupx

no offense, but can you change that godawful avatar? I just threw up everywhere when I saw it.
look what I can do ßßßáóú im äöäöäöä in berlin.