danefan
September 2nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
Thoughts, predictions?

Friday
Wagner @ Stonehill 7:00 pm xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Saturday
Maine @ Monmouth 1:00 pm
St. Francis @ VMI 1:00 pm
Morehead State @ Robert Morris 1:00 pm Video (http://www.rmucolonials.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13900)
Souther Ct. @ Bryant 1:00pm Audio (http://www.bryantbulldogs.com/links/izuxtk)
Bentley @ Sacred Heart 6:00 p.m. Video/Audio (http://sacredheartpioneers.cstv.com/multimedia/broadcast-sched-0809.html)
CCSU @ North Dakota State 6:00 p.m. Video (http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17600) Live Stats (http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/liveStats/liveStats.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17600&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=&DB_OEM_ID=17600&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=17600&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT)
Duquense @ Bucknell 6:00 pm Audio (http://goduquesne.cstv.com/multimedia/duqu-multimedia.html) Live Stats (http://goduquesne.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/duqu-08-gameday.html)

--------------

My picks:

Wagner @ Stonehill.......Wagner better win by at least 3 TDs.
Maine @ Monmouth.......I was impresed with Monmouth last week. I think they'll pull this one off in a close game.
St. Francis @ VMI..........This game will show us if St. Francis has actually stepped it up.
Morehead State @ Robert Morris.....Unfortunately I think RMU is to young to win this. I also think Morehead will win the PFL this year.
Souther Ct. @ Bryant......good showing against CCSU last week to kick off the DI years.
Bentley @ Sacred Heart.....SHU better win.
CCSU @ North Dakota State......Down year for CCSU and playing one of the top teams in FCS. Could be ugly.
Duquense @ Bucknell......This one is a toss-up based on what we've heard about Duquense being down. Bucknell was pretty poor last year even though they snuck one in against Fordham late in the season. I think Duquense can win, and I hope they do.

dgreco
September 2nd, 2008, 12:36 PM
still no Bryant love yet :D

danefan
September 2nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
still no Bryant love yet :D

sorry man. I went by the composite NEC schedule. I'll edit now.

dgreco
September 2nd, 2008, 12:43 PM
Friday
Wagner @ Stonehill - should have no problems

Saturday
Maine @ Monmouth - Monmouth played URI good and has a good chance for the win here.
St. Francis @ VMI - Don't think SFU is there yet.
SCSU @ Bryant - Bryant should win especially after what they showed vs. CCSU
Morehead State @ Robert Morris - MSU was good last year
Bentley @ Sacred Heart - Bentley is way better -- way better
CCSU @ North Dakota State too big, too fast
Duquense @ Bucknell going with the Dukes because they are an NEC team, but they were rocked by IUP in a scrimmage and that scares me.

dgreco
September 2nd, 2008, 12:43 PM
sorry man. I went by the composite NEC schedule. I'll edit now.

Also,

Bryant Audio (http://www.onworldwide.com/)

Seahawks Fan
September 2nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
Friday
Wagner @ Stonehill - We better win this game.

Saturday
Maine @ Monmouth - Monmouth looked good last week.
St. Francis @ VMI -
SCSU @ Bryant
Morehead State @ Robert Morris
Bentley @ Sacred Heart
CCSU @ North Dakota State
Duquense @ Bucknell

mainejeff
September 2nd, 2008, 01:06 PM
Sorry guys......Monmouth will not beat Maine. Monmouth played tough in Orono last year, but I think that even though they get the Black Bears at home.......I don't think that this one will be as close. They won't be able to stop Maine's Fluellen on the ground and Belcher is a monster on D. Maine wins 31-14.

danefan
September 2nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
Sorry guys......Monmouth will not beat Maine. Monmouth played tough in Orono last year, but I think that even though they get the Black Bears at home.......I don't think that this one will be as close. They won't be able to stop Maine's Fluellen on the ground and Belcher is a monster on D. Maine wins 31-14.

Do you think that Maine is that much better than URI?

mainejeff
September 2nd, 2008, 01:20 PM
Do you think that Maine is that much better than URI?

Yes.

danefan
September 2nd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Yes.

Gosh darn it. I was asking going to ask in the original queston "why", but I didn't because I thought you'd elaborate. xlolx :D

So please elaborate. Why do you think Maine is that much better than URI?

redflash2
September 2nd, 2008, 01:29 PM
Friday
Wagner @ Stonehill 7:00 pm.... Wasbger should win by at least 3 td's.

Saturday
Maine @ Monmouth 1:00 pm.... Close one but I think Monmouth will pull this one out. FG difference...
St. Francis @ VMI 1:00 pm.... I'm Taking the Red Flash in this one, It will be close, SFU has a potent offense coming back and some key players returning on D. 35-31 Flash win
Morehead State @ Robert Morris 1:00 pm Video.... Morehead is pretty good robert morris is rebuilding ill take the Eagles
Souther Ct. @ Bryant 1:00pm Audio.... I'll take Bryant in this one but it might be a close one
Bentley @ Sacred Heart 6:00 p.m. Video/Audio... Sacred heart by two touchdowns
CCSU @ North Dakota State 6:00 p.m. Video Live Stats.... Blowout NDSU by at least four touchdowns
Duquense @ Bucknell 6:00 pm Audio Live Stats.... I'll take Bucknell in this one, still not impressed by Duquesne. IUP beat on Duquesne's first team on Offense and Defense...

mainejeff
September 2nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
Gosh darn it. I was asking going to ask in the original queston "why", but I didn't because I thought you'd elaborate. xlolx :D

Well, I'm certainly not real familiar with URI this season and know that Monmouth played them close on the road. Maine came out of the Iowa game relatively unscathed, and actually established a decent running game vs. the Hawkeyes. Monmouth ain't no Iowa......Maine knows what happened last year in Orono, and the coaches have the URI game to validate the legitimacy of Monmouth........I just don't see a Monmouth upset on Saturday.

Ruler
September 2nd, 2008, 01:53 PM
Wagner
Maine....Black Bears now battle tested against a much tougher team in IA.
VMI
Morehead State
Southern CT....although I want Bryant to win.
Sacred Heart
NDSU...this could be ugly!!! sorry CCSU folks
Bucknell....not sold on Duquese yet.

BobbyMo
September 2nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
Wagner @ Stonehill Wagner by 14 at least
Saturday
Maine @ Monmouth Monmouth by a couple
St. Francis @ VMI VMI by at least 20
Morehead State @ Robert Morris Hope RMU can hang... Head says Morehead, heart says RMU by 6
Souther Ct. @ Bryant Bryant BIG
Bentley @ Sacred Heart 6:00 p.m. SHU by 14
CCSU @ North Dakota State 6:00 p.m. Ugh, hope CCSU hangs
Duquense @ Bucknell 6:00 pm Bison by a couple

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 2nd, 2008, 07:33 PM
CCSU@NDSU -- No faith in your fellow NEC team??????xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

CCSU is one of the top rushing teams in the FCSxthumbsupx

danefan
September 2nd, 2008, 08:00 PM
CCSU@NDSU -- No faith in your fellow NEC team??????xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

CCSU is one of the top rushing teams in the FCSxthumbsupx

No after last week's performance. CCSU seems way too one-dimensional to compete with the top FCS schools in the country.

After this week we'll have a better idea, but right now it looks like the NEC championship will be decided between Albany and Monmouth.

aceinthehole
September 2nd, 2008, 08:13 PM
No after last week's performance. CCSU seems way too one-dimensional to compete with the top FCS schools in the country.

After this week we'll have a better idea, but right now it looks like the NEC championship will be decided between Albany and Monmouth.

Very early for that. Yes, CCSU has some work to do, but even this game vs. NDSU won't tell us much. The game vs. Delaware State will be a better barometer for us.

Albany has a brutal schedule and CCSU could still come up and knock you guys off. Albany remains the pre-season favorite and defending champ, but too much football to play. I'm very interested to see where all the NEC teams stand after the first 5 weeks before I pick a winner.

Seawolf97
September 2nd, 2008, 08:21 PM
Good Luck to all you guysxthumbsupx

JMG1MON
September 2nd, 2008, 08:42 PM
Wagner @ Stonehill Wagner going away

Saturday

Maine @ Monmouth My heart says Monmouth, but my brain says Maine. This game is going to be real ugly. Remnants of Hannah are going to be here on Saturday and its going to be wet and windy (35 mph was the prediction I heard earlier today).

St. Francis @ VMI I've been hearing for years St. Francis is on the verge of turning it around, until I see it, I'm not believing it.

Morehead State @ Robert Morris Sorry but I have a feeling RMU wins this.

Souther Ct. @ Bryant Bryant in a big win, but again, Hannah may make things funny.

Bentley @ Sacred Heart Shu by 10.

CCSU @ North Dakota State I applaud you for the game but good luck.

Duquense@ Bucknell NEC homer pick.

Ruler
September 3rd, 2008, 10:00 AM
I am not counting CCSU out yet but I dont believe they can handle Albany. Monmouth looks to be tough although I am not sure how good RI is yet(no smack I swear) I promise this is not homerisim.

I was stunned at how good our O is on the ground against arguably one of the best FCS has to offer in UMASS. Our passing game has improved but still needs work. Our D is tougher then I thought. Gave up some big yardage on the ground but held up better then I thought. I doubt we will see a rb or a qb of that caliber the rest of the way. Albany may have a better rushing attack then last year and McCarty could be playing up a level. The O line is rugged and without 2 stupid false start penalties could have put anothe td on the board. But the best team Sat won and I will be rooting for UMASS to win out. Coach Brown is a class guy and a Fordie favorite.

seahawkfan2007
September 3rd, 2008, 08:58 PM
Picks for week number 2:

Wagner 42 Stonehill 13 - Wagner looked very good in defeating Fordham 37-28 in a game scrimmage last Thurs and has the capability to improve on it's 7-4 record last year.
Maine 27 Monmouth 14- Monmouth will keep this one close at home but after last weeks loss at Iowa, Maine will be hungry for a W.
VMI 34 St. Francis(Pa) 14-Would like to go with the NEC team in this one but VMI put a beating on RMU last year at RMU and the Red Flash on the road is a tough pick.
RMU 27 Morehead St. 10-RMU should beat a good Pioneer Conf. team everytime.
Bryant 38 So. Conn 21- Bryant had a great offensive showing vs. CCSU last week and won't give up as many points this week.
SHU 27 Bentley 21- SHU figured it out in the second half last week and will go 2-0 after this one.
North Dakota St. 49 CCSU 14-Two years ago CCSU had one of the best NEC wins ever vs. Ga. Southern on the road. The combo of CCSU not being as strong and ND St. being amoung the FCS elite this year makes for a tough one.
Duquesne 31 Bucknell 14-The Dukes are a great addition to the NEC and will get this season off to a good start.

ccd494
September 6th, 2008, 07:38 AM

Because Maine noted the invention of the forward pass, while URI did not?

aceinthehole
September 6th, 2008, 09:59 AM
First, I would have picked Wagner over Stonehill. xsmhx

At home, I'll take Monmouth over Maine in a close one.

VMI likely big over St. Francis (PA)

I want to take RMU, but until I see more proof its Morehead St. from the PFL.

Bryant is good, but lost twice to Southern Connecticut last season and SCSU is ranked and stacked on its way to a 4th straight D-II playoff apperance.

SHU should double up another NE-10 team, Bentley.

#1 North Dakota St. is the heavy favorite over CCSU, but the Blue Devils keep it respectable.

Duquesne could be a good NEC team this year, but I'll give Bucknell, at home, the edge in the opener for both teams.

dgreco
September 6th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Bryant up 7-0 so far in the first.

dgreco
September 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Bryant wins a nail bitter 39-36 and improves to 16-1 over the last 3 seasons at home.

downbythebeach
September 6th, 2008, 04:00 PM
SFU got crushed by VMI
at first I thought we were going to be in it, as we drove the ball pretty well on our first two possessions, but two long td runs by VMI in the 1st killed any hope and it sounds as if we gave up

our running game with nonexistent

its going to be another one of those years

rmutv
September 6th, 2008, 04:09 PM
RMU rolls 27-13 over Morehead State.

Looked like a new RMU team. 200+ yards on the ground, and only gave up 66 on the ground to a running team. New 3-4 defense did wonders.

Let's hope they keep it up.

danefan
September 6th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Good win by RMU.

Terrible showing by St. Francis. So much for that turn around we've been hearing about.

And I can't even begin to talk about Wagner. Worst thing that could have happened to the NEC this year. Poor.

dgreco
September 6th, 2008, 05:09 PM
at least SHU beat Bentley. I really thought they would of been killed.

downbythebeach
September 6th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Good win by RMU.

Terrible showing by St. Francis. So much for that turn around we've been hearing about.

And I can't even begin to talk about Wagner. Worst thing that could have happened to the NEC this year. Poor.

agreed

downbythebeach
September 6th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Duquesne is getting demolished by Bucknell.......they are really bad this year.....Schmidt is finally playing with the players he recruited

CCSU is getting pounded, but NDSU is practically a big ten team

Seawolf97
September 6th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Bryant wins a nail bitter 39-36 and improves to 16-1 over the last 3 seasons at home.

Nice win !xthumbsupx

seahawkfan2007
September 6th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Embarassing loss for the Seahawks (and the NEC). Gotta give Stonehill credit but I don't see the wisdom in us making a 5 hour bus trip (on game day) to play a Dll. Win or lose nothing was to be gained. Anyway, it's in the books and we can only look ahead.

Seawolf97
September 6th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Embarassing loss for the Seahawks (and the NEC). Gotta give Stonehill credit but I don't see the wisdom in us making a 5 hour bus trip (on game day) to play a Dll. Win or lose nothing was to be gained. Anyway, it's in the books and we can only look ahead.

Thats a strange one ?

downbythebeach
September 6th, 2008, 08:31 PM

That's insanexconfusedx

I wouldn't play tiddley winks after a five hour trip