PDA

View Full Version : Towson v. Navy

andy7171
September 2nd, 2008, 07:10 AM
Lots of fun at the game this Saturday. Saw tons of old team mates. Watching the game however was like sitting on the surface of the sun. DAMN! It was hot. I didn't take many pictures because I couldn't see the digital screen on my camera it was so bright. Notice in the picture the sky looks cloudy, it was bright blue, no clouds until late in the 3rd. Whew! For all the beer I drank, I was stone sober5 by half time, Sweat it out immediately. So gald I remembered to put on the sun screen, the rest of my boys looked like lobsters at half time.

#26 for Navy was the fastest human I have ever seen. Towson stuffed the middle and locked down the QB fairly well, but if #26 got the pitch he was around the corner and 20 yards down field immediately.

I was a little put off by Navy kicking a FG with 40 seconds left in the game to make it 41-13, so goes life in the BCS I suppose.. Schaeffer looked good, so did the WRs. The o-line, not so much. Hopefully my Tigers shake this off and take it out on Morgan next weekend.

appfan2008
September 2nd, 2008, 07:12 AM
Great picture... I would love to see a game at an academy... all the service men in their uniforms must be quite a sight

andy7171
September 2nd, 2008, 07:16 AM
Great picture... I would love to see a game at an academy... all the service men in their uniforms must be quite a sight

It was quite a show. They all march in before the game and the fly over was really cool.

ekufbfan
September 2nd, 2008, 08:33 AM

I have been there many times and there is no place like Annapolis (The Army-Navy game is something that everyone who loves college football should see at least once!). But, they are not service men yet, they are midshipmen (at West Point they are cadets)and they are college students, majoring in very rigorous programs, taking part in military training, learning leadership skills and all must play some type of sport (club, intramural or intercollegiate). They and fellow academy (USMA and USAFA) students are attending college under the most difficult and rigrours programs in the country...they are not doing basic training for four years. GO NAVY!

89Hen
September 2nd, 2008, 08:51 AM
Glad you had fun Andy. I've been to all but one UD game in Annapolis going back to 1986. Really nice stadium and incredible atmosphere. And yes, it was a friggin hot day in Maryland on Saturday. Honestly, the game at Byrd was just about the hottest game I've ever been to. xoopsx

aust42
September 2nd, 2008, 08:57 AM
Andy what kind of planes did the fly by? I was very disapointed in the last two Delaware games at Navy. Last year some propellar plane did the fly by and the year before it was canceled due to clouds. Years past it was always the F-14 Tomcats.

ChickenMan
September 2nd, 2008, 09:00 AM
After seeing the Towson get 'run' over by Navy (558 yrds rushing) .. it's fortunate for the Tigers that they won't have to face the triple option again this year.

andy7171
September 2nd, 2008, 09:20 AM
Andy what kind of planes did the fly by? I was very disapointed in the last two Delaware games at Navy. Last year some propellar plane did the fly by and the year before it was canceled due to clouds. Years past it was always the F-14 Tomcats.

I was late looking up and they had just passed over me when I looked up. There were two, very close. Fixed wings, dual engines and split tails is what I saw. So I'm guessing it was either f-15s or f-18s.

andy7171
September 2nd, 2008, 09:25 AM
After seeing the Towson get 'run' over by Navy (558 yrds rushing) .. it's fortunate for the Tigers that they won't have to face the triple option again this year.

For what it's worth, the d-line and lbs stuffed the run up the middle very well. Mostly all of Navy's yardage came on the pitch to White who turned the corner got up field fast than I anyone I have seen. The CBs and Safeties couldn't get off their blocks.

That said, Navy showed how to run on my Tigers.

Towson12
September 2nd, 2008, 09:47 AM
great game.. the fly over was deafening but way cool. Big crowd, alot of fun but unfortanate and predicatble ending. andy did you see breaux's near one handed grab?! that was dirty

andy7171
September 2nd, 2008, 09:59 AM
great game.. the fly over was deafening but way cool. Big crowd, alot of fun but unfortanate and predicatble ending. andy did you see breaux's near one handed grab?! that was dirty
Yeah everyone in my section thought he caught it, but the replay showed he didn't.

Down 31-13 early in the 4th, I still thought we were in it, until we stalled out just past mid field on the drive that began after Navy fumbled on the 8.
Schaeffer had a nice day.

Uncle Buck
September 2nd, 2008, 10:09 AM
seems like a great place to see a game. I'll definitely hit up West Point in 2011 when the Dutch pay a visit. Tough results, but still a lot of football to be played.

Towson12
September 2nd, 2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah everyone in my section thought he caught it, but the replay showed he didn't.

yeah so did i. newsom looked like he was being controlled by a video game joy stick with all of that juking. we should have a lot to look forward to this season.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 2nd, 2008, 11:02 AM
For what it's worth, the d-line and lbs stuffed the run up the middle very well. Mostly all of Navy's yardage came on the pitch to White who turned the corner got up field fast than I anyone I have seen. The CBs and Safeties couldn't get off their blocks.

That said, Navy showed how to run on my Tigers.

I watched some of the game on CSTV Saturday night and from what I saw I have to agree with your assessment. And even on many of the runs with the pitch out on the wing, it was often with the Towson defense having two of the three Navy offensive players covered well. Many plays didn't look like they would develop into much because there were so many Towson defenders in the area. Most times one nailed the QB just after he released the ball while the runner out near the sideline was also well covered. But the runner who got the pitch wasn't covered because the other defenders nearby couldn't shed the blocker in time. That runner then exploded downfield.

Hoyadestroya85
September 2nd, 2008, 02:55 PM
i've been to a game at air force.. when Villanova got rocked by one of fisher deberry's good teams.. it was a great experience..
watching the option run to perfection is a thing of beauty though
and to think of what would have happened if Kaipo Noa Kaheaku-Enhada had played...