PDA

View Full Version : Flacco to start for Ravens in season opener

DSUrocks07
September 1st, 2008, 05:34 PM
xthumbsupx

just flashed across ESPNEWS banner...

UNHWildCats
September 1st, 2008, 08:21 PM
Appears Baltimore has a QB problem. Smith and Boller are both unavailable this weekend and Boller may need surgery. The Ravens are working out several QBs today to find someone to backup Flacco this weekend.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/specials/preview/2008/09/01/flacco.ravens.ap/index.html

SunCoastBlueHen
September 1st, 2008, 08:31 PM
No doubt that Joe is getting thrown to the wolves here as a result of circumstance. This is not the ideal situation for Flacco to be inducted into the NFL, but I wish him the best and will be rooting hard for him. xpeacex xthumbsupx

OhioHen
September 1st, 2008, 08:38 PM
No doubt that Joe is getting thrown to the wolves here as a result of circumstance. This is not the ideal situation for Flacco to be inducted into the NFL, but I wish him the best and will be rooting hard for him. xpeacex xthumbsupx

At least it's against the Bungles.

YoUDeeMan
September 1st, 2008, 09:35 PM
http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20080901/Ravens-Quarterbacks/

Go Flacco!

grizband
September 1st, 2008, 09:37 PM
Looks like the Ravens signed Joey Harrington to shore up the QB position.

Ravens sign Harrington (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3563879)

93henfan
September 1st, 2008, 09:44 PM
Damn. Joe's getting David Carr'ed in week one. Hang tough Joe.

Hoyadestroya85
September 1st, 2008, 10:15 PM
big mistake.. he's just lucky he's not facing a villanova caliber pass rush
they shouldn't throw him to the wolves (or in this case bengals) this quickly

GannonFan
September 1st, 2008, 10:18 PM

Indeed. He was so devastated by that nova pass rush that all he could muster after that experience was to lead UD to 3 playoff wins, two on the road, and got UD 4 quarters away from a national title. You're right, it just ruined him. By the way, how did those games look on TV from your couch? xlolx

Hoyadestroya85
September 1st, 2008, 11:00 PM
Indeed. He was so devastated by that nova pass rush that all he could muster after that experience was to lead UD to 3 playoff wins, two on the road, and got UD 4 quarters away from a national title. You're right, it just ruined him. By the way, how did those games look on TV from your couch? xlolx
all i know is that he couldn't get off his rear that game.. and i couldn't find those games.. they were buried in the rectum of cable tv

UNHWildCats
September 1st, 2008, 11:01 PM
they shouldn't throw him to the wolves (or in this case bengals) this quickly
not much of a choice, the other two arent able to play

T-Dog
September 1st, 2008, 11:02 PM
Hopefully Corey Lynch will get some PT so he can get than INT against Flacco he didn't get (but almost got several times) in the National Title game.

OhioHen
September 2nd, 2008, 06:37 AM
and i couldn't find those games.. they were buried in the rectum of cable tv

ESPN?

Not the best announcers, but hardly unfindable. xnonox

93henfan
September 2nd, 2008, 07:33 AM
Hopefully Corey Lynch will get some PT so he can get than INT against Flacco he didn't get (but almost got several times) in the National Title game.

You greedy bastages! You beat us by 28 and you're discussing missed picks?xnonox xlolx

Rekdiver
September 2nd, 2008, 02:24 PM
I wish him all the best. He's worked hard, is a smart QB and can surprised some people except us!!

elcid96
September 2nd, 2008, 02:26 PM
Congrats to him and hopefully he gets a win.

Hoyadestroya85
September 2nd, 2008, 02:50 PM
don't get me wrong.. i'm rooting for joe.. but i just hope he doesn't get petrified like david carr or joey harrinton

Hood
September 2nd, 2008, 05:48 PM
Man I'm a fan of Joe Flacco and all, I mean after all we never had to play against him lol, but I'm really not confident about him starting for the Ravens. I'm not a Ravens fan, but again I'm a fan of the player.

I have all the confidence in the world that next year he'll be a Carson Palmer type "Professional Redshirt" or a Tony Romo in a few years.

But I'm sorry, as great the competition was in his conference in the FCS landscape, even with 4 preseason games under his belt and all his PT he got... I hope that freaking line can block and the RBs can run because Joe is in for a long long day or few weeks.

Best of luck to him.

GannonFan
September 2nd, 2008, 10:00 PM
all i know is that he couldn't get off his rear that game.. and i couldn't find those games.. they were buried in the rectum of cable tv

So UD plays in the playoffs last year, in 4 consecutive weeks, on ESPN (the main channel), then ESPN Gameplan, then ESPN again, and then finally ESPN2, and you consider those to be obscure cable channels? I understand it's been awhile since nova's graced the playoffs, but I could've sworn it was sometime after the advent of ESPN and contemporary sports programming. xlolx

T-Dog
September 3rd, 2008, 03:54 AM
You greedy bastages! You beat us by 28 and you're discussing missed picks?xnonox xlolx

We should have won by 35 so a pick would have helped. xsmiley_wix :p

But anyway, I would say congrats to Flacco, but this looks like there is little chance for him to do well here and I'm not so sure he's ready for all this. I know the Ravens has no little choice in this matter and it just happened to be the way the cards were played, but it puts Flacco in a very tough position where if he doesn't come out like Romo did, it'll be a long year for him.

Hood
September 3rd, 2008, 08:54 AM
We must remember, and I failed to mention this in my post, but T. Romo essentially red shirted for 3 years. Rode the pine. Sat the bench. Watched from the sidelines. Glorified clipboard holder.

How was McNair, Culpepper, and Gannon post FCS in the NFL? I don't remember. I know they were good eventually but how were they as rookies?

slycat
September 3rd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Good luck to Joe, I'll be pulling for him.

sikolec
September 3rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
Best of luck to Flacco. Make the FCS proud! :)

CarolinaGirl
September 4th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Kyle Boller is out for the season.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-ravens-bollerir&prov=ap&type=lgns
Does Flacco go back to the back up position once Troy Smith is healthy or is it just all wide open?

93henfan
September 4th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Kyle Boller is out for the season.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-ravens-bollerir&prov=ap&type=lgns
Does Flacco go back to the back up position once Troy Smith is healthy or is it just all wide open?

It'll be a judgement call for Jim Harbaugh. If Joe puts up W's, he'll stick. If not, or if they win despite bad QB play by Joe, then Troy Smith goes back in when healthy.

VT Wildcat Fan53
September 6th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Good luck, Joe!! We're all 1-AA fans and we're all behind you!

UDChE89
September 7th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Congrats to Joe for leading the Ravens to a win in his first start AND scoring a 38 yard rushing touchdown.

Hood
September 7th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Didn't get to see the game, no TV due to Gustav, but looking at the stats, Flacco did a good game management job.

Nebuta
September 7th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Grats Joe..

93henfan
September 7th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Man, nice debut for a true-freshman NFL QB on opening day!:D :D :D

Most importantly: W
15-29, 129 yds passing
4 rushes for 37 yds, 1 TD
0 sacks
0 INTs

GannonFan
September 7th, 2008, 03:40 PM
We tried telling those people out there who thought Flacco was an immobile statue that the guy could run if he had to and lo and behold, although not a thing of beauty, Flacco runs it in from almost 40 yards out. And did you see Flacco on that double reverse that went for a TD? Flacco throws the key kick out block that gets Mason free. Banner day for Flacco.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 7th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Nice job Joe!!!!!