PDA

View Full Version : #15 FBS Arizona State 30, NAU 13

Jacks76
August 31st, 2008, 09:52 AM
NAU never gave up in this one, and actually outscored the Sun Devils 13-3 in the second half. The Jacks played well despite spotting the Devils a 30-0 lead.

Paul

Jacks76
August 31st, 2008, 11:03 AM
Rudy Carpenter of ASU looked sharp. He's a solid QB. Completed a lot of throws to his receivers. Good showing by ASU.

Paul

Griz0383
August 31st, 2008, 01:26 PM
Nice work NAU! The Big sky played tuff!

Jacks76
August 31st, 2008, 01:38 PM
ASU was ranked #15 in FBS, so NAU acquitted themselves well.

Paul

AppIAA
August 31st, 2008, 10:10 PM
Rudy Carpenter of ASU looked sharp. He's a solid QB. Completed a lot of throws to his receivers. Good showing by ASU.

Paul

I have always said if he gets an offensive line, he would be a top Heisman candidate. Granted, I am a little biased since I grew up with the kid and played football with him my whole life. I have been catching his passes since we were 8..

NAU fared very well against a GOOD ASU team

SteelCurtain
August 31st, 2008, 11:07 PM
I wouldn't go that far. It was 30-0. Sounds like a lot of subs and guys not playing too hard in the second half trying not to get hurt.

Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe they didn't call off the dogs???

AZGrizFan
August 31st, 2008, 11:11 PM
I wouldn't go that far. It was 30-0. Sounds like a lot of subs and guys not playing too hard in the second half trying not to get hurt.

Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe they didn't call off the dogs???

I don't know about "calling off the dogs"....ASU's first string O-Line was still playing well into the fourth quarter, but that was probably because Erickson was trying to teach them a lesson...yeah, Carpenter sat the second half, but all ASU really learned was that they're SCREWED if Carpenter goes down. Also, ASU's top running back (Keegan Herring) didn't suit up (hammie), and most of the carries went to a freshman (Bass, I think)....still, ASU pretty much had their way with NAU until ASU's second string QB came in....GOD he sucks... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

AppIAA
September 1st, 2008, 03:16 PM
still, ASU pretty much had their way with NAU until ASU's second string QB came in....GOD he sucks... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Is that Elways son? Or did they redshirt him?

Jacks76
September 1st, 2008, 03:46 PM
Jack Elway transferred I believe.

Paul

AZGrizFan
September 2nd, 2008, 05:25 PM
Is that Elways son? Or did they redshirt him?

No, it's Danny Sullivan....he needs to become the water boy. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

AZGrizFan
September 2nd, 2008, 05:25 PM
Jack Elway transferred I believe.

Paul

You are incorrect I believe.