PDA

View Full Version : SoCon - Week 2

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 31st, 2008, 08:04 AM
Jacksonville @ Appalachian State - App State bounces back after disappointing performance against LSU and wins 48-17

Cumberland @ Chattanooga - Of course it's only one game, but giving up 50 points in a half even to a good FBS team is not a good sign. UTC is most not the team that played Arkansas tough last year. Mocs win 30-21.

The Citadel @ Clemson - The Citadel hangs tough, but falls behind late game and loses 34-27

Elon @ Stony Brook - Elon bounces back with a convincing 41-17 win.

Furman @ Virginia Tech - I'm hoping the Furps can put up a decent fight to help offset the not-so-great first week for the SoCon. Pallies fall 34-20

Austin Paey @ Georgia Southern - We continue to do well on offense but still have tackling problems. GSU 58-24

Faulkner @ Samford - I think Samford squeaks by another sub-DI with a score of 24-20.

Western Carolina @ Florida State - excitement in the catamount nation grows with a not-so-bad showing against FSU. Wagner should be able to put some points on the scoreboard. Catamounts lose 48-21

Wofford at Charleston Southern - Woofs struggle early, and go on to win 28-13

catamount man
August 31st, 2008, 08:27 AM
Chattanooga 41 Cumberland 10
App State 70 Jacksonville 0
WCU 34 Florida State 32 (xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx )
Va Tech 20 Furman 7
Wofford 31 CSU 13
GSU 48 Austin Peay 7
Elon 27 Stony Brook 17
Clemson 41 The Citadel 20
Samford 41 Faulkner 0

gophoenix
August 31st, 2008, 08:32 AM
UTC over Cumberland
App beats the ever holy snot out of Jacksonville
FSU beats the ever holy snot out of WCU
Virginia Tech beats the living daylights out of Furman after coming out of the ECU loss.
Wofford over CSU soundly
GSU over Austin Peay soundly
Stony Brook over Elon
Clemson soundly over The Citadel
Samford soundly ovre Faulkner

I predict another bad weekend for the SoCon.

jonmac
August 31st, 2008, 08:44 AM
App State 70 Jacksonville 0
WCU 34 Florida State 32 (xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx )
Va Tech 20 Furman 7
Wofford 31 CSU 13
GSU 48 Austin Peay 7
Elon 27 Stony Brook 17
Samford 41 Faulkner 0

C Man, FSU is not Michigan, oh wait a minute, never mind, go get 'em Cats.xthumbsupx

walliver
August 31st, 2008, 08:54 AM
App over Jax

Virginia Tech pulls away from the Paladins in the second half

Florida State isnt good (by BCS standards), but the criminoles but still whoop the Cats

Chattanooga beats Cumberland (Cumberland is no Carson-Newman)

GSU over Austin Peay by a lot

Wofford over Baptist College at Charleston by 21

Elon over Stoney Brook by 14

Clemson beats Citadel in a game that will be a lot closer than most expect - and may well be in doubt well into the 4th quarter.

Samford vs William Faulkner Junior High School - Just because Samford will by bullied by the SoCon for most of the season is no reason to start the season with two sub-DI teams.xnonox I suspect they win this mismatch easily.

PaladinFan
August 31st, 2008, 09:09 AM
I haven't quite yet determined my thoughts on VT. Sure, ECU beat them and they might be pissed off. However, I'm not sold they are that good of a football team. Granted, Furman will need to play near flawless football to beat them.

We cannot turn the ball over like we did against Clemson last year. We historically play FBS schools close. However, VT has too much speed on defense and will likely make the plays they need to beat us.

I don't, gophoenix, think they will beat the daylights out of us.

phoenixphanatic21
August 31st, 2008, 09:26 AM
Chattanooga 31 Cumberland 7
App State 35 Jacksonville St. 14
WCU 3 Florida State 28
Va Tech 28 Furman 7
Wofford 35 CSU 10
GSU 45 Austin Peay 10
Elon 24 Stony Brook 14
Clemson 41 The Citadel 14
Samford 38 Faulkner 7

AppStFan76
August 31st, 2008, 10:00 AM
App flexes their offensive muscle and blow out Jacksonville
App 63+ -JU 7

Va Tech makes a statement after their loss to ECU and put the beat down on Furman, although Furman will play better than most would expect
VaTech 38 - Furman 17

FSU will roll WCU...
even the sub-par SiemenHoles will put up 45+ - WCU 14

Wofford will handle Charleston Southern with ease
WC 34 - CS 14

Elon will also look to make a statement after losing to Richmond and win over Stoney Brook by 10+
Elon 28 - SB 17

El Cid will give Clemson a game... a better game than Clemson will expect, however the bulldogs wont come away with a win.
Clemson 32 - El Cid 21

Chattanooga will beat Cumberland as they should and enjoy one of the few victories they will have this year
UTC 24 - CU 14

GSU will move forward with their "moral victory" in Athens and beat Austen Peay by a comfortable margin
GSU 35 - AP 14

Like UTC, lil' Sammy will enjoy a victory over the Faulkner Eagles in one their few wins of the season

Samford 21 - Faulkner 0

IMHO!!xpeacex

Millwoch
August 31st, 2008, 10:08 AM
I think our game with Clemson is a blowout. Our D did not look all that great to me this week. Webber ave 3.5 yards a carry against us. What will Clemson Ave.?

Clemson will score over 50...but maybe we can score some too and keep it decent. Blanchard was 12-14 in one half of action and looked good doing it.

The Cats
August 31st, 2008, 10:12 AM
Chattanooga over Cumberland
App State over Jacksonville St.
Florida State over WCU
Va Tech over Furman
Wofford over CSU
GSU over Austin Peay
Stony Brook over Elon
Clemson over The Citadel
Samford over Faulkner

elcid96
August 31st, 2008, 10:40 AM
I think our game with Clemson is a blowout. Our D did not look all that great to me this week. Webber ave 3.5 yards a carry against us. What will Clemson Ave.?

Clemson will score over 50...but maybe we can score some too and keep it decent. Blanchard was 12-14 in one half of action and looked good doing it.

I disagree with the D statement a bit. They averaged only 1.7 yards per carry until about 5 min left in the 3rd qtr when our 2 and 3rd teams were playing (all freshmen). We have some work to do, but our d-line is solid as usual. Definitely not as good as last year, but not bad. However, Clemson is a great team, at home, coming off a bad loss, and will be motivated. It would have been better if they won and were looking past this game. I could see them scoring over 50, but I can also see this game tied at half. Should be a good match. If we cannot contain the run, which is something we did not do well last year, then the game will be a rout. However running games eat a lot of clock and keep the score low. We will have to up at half to have a shot at this game. We cannot catch up. Most FBS schools have a second string as good as their first and we don't have that depth.

Seawolf97
August 31st, 2008, 10:59 AM
Im surprised a few SoCon fans see SBU over Elon. We made alot of mistakes against the Phoenix last year and you cant do that against quality program. Elons loss last night and our win -well SBU isnt Richmond and Colgate isnt Elon. This will be an interesting matchup though since our team is little different than it was in 2007. Looking forward to it.

B&G
August 31st, 2008, 11:09 AM
Chattanooga 34 Cumberland 7
App State 48 Jacksonville St. 14
FSU 38 WCU 13
Va Tech 37 Furman 16 (VT tries to take out ECU loss on FU)
Wofford 40 CSU 17
GSU 45 Austin Peay 9
Elon 31 Stony Brook 17
Clemson 55 The Citadel 14 (Clemson takes out the Bama losson El Cid)
Samford 38 Faulkner 7

None of these games will be very competitive in my opinion.

PaladinFan
August 31st, 2008, 11:17 AM
GSU 34- APU 14
App State 42- Jax 7
VT 27- Furman 17
Wofford 38- CSU 14
Samford 28- Faulkner 3
Elon 27- Stony Brook 14
Clemson 42- The Citadel 17
FSU 30- WCU 13

Reign of Terrier
August 31st, 2008, 01:51 PM
App 38 Jax 20
chatt 34 cumb 31
clemson 34 The citadel 13
elon 34 SB 10
VT 41 FU 17
GSU 41 AP 17
sam 24 faulk 13
FSU 31 WCU 10
wofford 45 CSU 7

furman94
August 31st, 2008, 01:54 PM
GSU 42- AP 10 (GSU puts away AP early)
App 56 - Jax 10 (App looks to flex its offensive muscles)
VT 31 - FU 24 (Hmm. VT didn't impress me against ECU, and they know how to lose. Furman plays great with the Big Dogs. Should be interesting.
Wofford 38 - ChuckSo 21 (CSU puts up a fight, but Terriers prevail)
Samford 28 - Shannon Faulkner 2 (Faulkner? Who?)
Elon 35 - SB 28 (SB surprised me against Colgate, will keep it closer than Elon would like)
Clemscum 42- Le Cit 10 (Clemson is PISSED! Tommy will keep the starters in all game long to prove that they CAN beat someone!)
FSU 53- WCU 10 (FSU looks to open strong)

ericsaid
August 31st, 2008, 04:16 PM
GSU-31 AP-0
App-48 JU-0
VT-45 FU-10
Wofford-41 CSU-17
Samford-24 Faulkner-10
Elon-38 SB-14
Clemson-52 Citadel-10
FSU-63 WCU-7

furman94
August 31st, 2008, 04:38 PM
Curious as to why you seem to think VT will blowout FU?

GSUhooligan
August 31st, 2008, 04:41 PM
Same reason you said Clemson will blow out Citadel. VT will be just as pissed, if not more than Clemson.

PaladinFan
August 31st, 2008, 05:30 PM
Same reason you said Clemson will blow out Citadel. VT will be just as pissed, if not more than Clemson.

I can understand the VT being pissed argument, but I really don't think the Hokies are that good. Their offense isn't going to score 40 on us. Clemson didn't score that many against us last year and they had one of the top 5 offenses in the country and our defense was terrible.

Furman will lose, but it might be a lot closer than VPI would like.

ButlerGSU
August 31st, 2008, 06:31 PM
Chattanooga 38 Cumberland 21
App State 44 Jacksonville 14
WCU 14 Florida State 41
Va Tech 31 Furman 14
Wofford 34 CSU 14
GSU beats Austin Peay like a drum
Elon 27 Stony Brook 17
Samford 28 Faulkner 10

CID1990
August 31st, 2008, 06:33 PM
clempson is certainly pissed about the Bammer game. That being said, I see a couple of possible effects on their playing this coming Saturday:

1. They will correct their mistakes from this past week, show some discipline, and come out ready to play. 54-21.

2. They will act like the thugs they are, with their "I'm just waiting for the NFL combine" attitudes, come out pissed, make a few mistakes and get pissed at each other, Tommy Boy throws a fit a halftime because he sees that big bubble descending on his head, and motivates them just enough to put it away in the second half. 35-28.

I think we are going to score definitely two and probably three touchdowns on clempson. The question mark is going to be how they bounce back from this past week's game. If they show a little fortitude and maturity, then they will score around 50 on us. If not, it will be a 1 or 2 score difference at the end.

james_lawfirm
August 31st, 2008, 06:49 PM
Chattanooga 31 Cumberland 7
App State 35 Jacksonville St. 14
WCU 3 Florida State 28
Va Tech 28 Furman 7
Wofford 35 CSU 10
GSU 45 Austin Peay 10
Elon 24 Stony Brook 14
Clemson 41 The Citadel 14
Samford 38 Faulkner 7

Phan:

I agree with all your choices above. However, App is not playing Jxnvil State, which I think is in Alabama. Rather, we are playing Jacksonville U., which is in Fla. Just thought you needed correcting. Actually, I had no idea either, until I read the ASU season summary-book thingie.

drpnut
August 31st, 2008, 08:07 PM
Appy by 40 over Jax
FSU by 24 over Cats
Chatty by 28 over Cumby
Clem's son by 28 over ElCid
Beemer's Boyz over Furple by 18
Woffy by 35 over BaptistChuckSo.
Samford by 28 over Will Faulkner
StonyB by 7 over Elon
GSU by 28 over A. Pee

ASU_MBA
August 31st, 2008, 08:50 PM
If App does not beat Jacksonville by more than 28.....we should be worried...
if App gives up more than 17 to Jacksonville....we should be worried.

appfan2008
September 1st, 2008, 07:47 AM
pretty simple to me... socon goes 6-3 with 3 losses to acc schools...

walliver
September 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM
It looks Hurricane-in-the-making Hannah may be heading towards Savannah by next weekend. I wonder if this will effect the Wofford (played near Charleston) and GSU (home) games. (I know GSU played a famous game in a hurricane before, but I doubt that kind of game would be played in the post-Katrina era)

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 1st, 2008, 08:25 PM
It looks Hurricane-in-the-making Hannah may be heading towards Savannah by next weekend. I wonder if this will effect the Wofford (played near Charleston) and GSU (home) games. (I know GSU played a famous game in a hurricane before, but I doubt that kind of game would be played in the post-Katrina era)

You never know. On a positive note, GSU and APSU both have open dats on October 11th so rescheduling the game for then could be an option.

08Dawg
September 1st, 2008, 09:20 PM
I'm not so sure about Wofford handling CSU so easily. The issue was heavily in doubt with the Wofford Presby game until what, the third quarter or so? CSU can play a good game when they want to. I think that one will be closer than some people predict.

App will have a 40+ point win. With this whole frustration argument, let's not forget App has some frustration for putting up so little of a fight vs LSU.

Furman gets rolled by VT.

WCU-FSU could very well look something like the final score when we played the Seminoles three years ago, along the lines of 62-13.

I think our game vs Clemson might turn more into a shootout than anything else. Granted, Clemson has the bigger guns, but our offense has some weapons of its own. I just don't see our D, especially later in the game, being able to contain Clemson's running attack. I'm thinking something like 48-38.

SCPALADIN
September 1st, 2008, 09:24 PM
I can understand the VT being pissed argument, but I really don't think the Hokies are that good. Their offense isn't going to score 40 on us. Clemson didn't score that many against us last year and they had one of the top 5 offenses in the country and our defense was terrible.

Furman will lose, but it might be a lot closer than VPI would like.

I predict a low scoring game. Hanna should be right over Va. around kickoff time. It could be a mud-bowl.

ericsaid
September 1st, 2008, 10:14 PM
I predict a low scoring game. Hanna should be right over Va. around kickoff time. It could be a mud-bowl.

If va tech has Artificial turf, I bed to differ. I'm a VT fan as well as App so can't pull for the Furmans in this one. I apologize.xpeacex

The Cats
September 1st, 2008, 11:06 PM
...... let's not forget App has some frustration.......

Oh now....come on, Appy would never take their frustrations out on a overmatched team..... just ask any Catamount fan. xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx xnodx xnodx xnodx

CID1990
September 1st, 2008, 11:09 PM

I hope you are right about where Hanna will be, because that means it WON'T be over Pickens.

T-Dog
September 1st, 2008, 11:19 PM
Oh now....come on, Appy would never take their frustrations out on a overmatched team..... just ask any Catamount fan. xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx xnodx xnodx xnodx

You have just as much chance to be as successful as we are. You have just as many scholarships as we do. And it wasn't that we were taking out frustrations. It's that you couldn't stop us. xrulesx

ASU 52 Jax 7
UTC 34 Cum 10
El Cit 21 Clem 45
Elon 41 SB 14
FU 17 VT 38
GaSo 38 AP 14
Sam 35 Faulk 7
WCU 7 FSU 52
Woff 24 CSU 14

ElonPride
September 2nd, 2008, 09:51 AM
App State 45 Jacksonville 0
FSU 45 WCU 7
Va Tech 24 Furman 14
Wofford 38 CSU 3
GSU 48 Austin Peay 7
SB 34 Elon 24
Samford 41 Faulkner 0

appfan2008
September 2nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
You have just as much chance to be as successful as we are. You have just as many scholarships as we do. And it wasn't that we were taking out frustrations. It's that you couldn't stop us. xrulesx

that seems to happen a lot...

813Jag
September 2nd, 2008, 10:03 AM
WCU 45 Florida State 7
Va Tech 24 Furman 14
Wofford 38 CSU 3
GSU 48 Austin Peay 7
SB 34 Elon 24
Samford 41 Faulkner 0

xeekx xeekx xlolx The Noles are that bad.

ElonPride
September 2nd, 2008, 10:08 AM
xeekx xeekx xlolx The Noles are that bad.

Oppss......fixed it xlolx

PaladinFan
September 2nd, 2008, 10:53 AM
Hats off to Western though. Past three or so seasons they've played some monsters.

elcid96
September 2nd, 2008, 11:36 AM
posted twice for some reason

elcid96
September 2nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
UTC vs Cumberland: We all knew that UTC was way overmatched going into the Ok game, we just had no idea how that UTC was that bad. Based on what we saw, it is hard to imagine Chatt winning a SOCON game this year. They pick up their only win here, but is a close one. Chatt 21, Cumberland 14

ASU vs Jacksonville: If App can catch a ball this weekend, they will win big here. Even without catches, ASU still wins with a better D and run game. ASU 35 - Jacksonville 3

FSU vs Western Carolina: WCU had a good showing against shorter and this match will be very similiar for FSU. Same score this game, but WCU is on the recieving end of a zero. FSU 35 - WCU 0

Va Tech vs Furman: Will tech revive itself after losing to Eastern Carolina last week. The answer is yes. They will win this game, but Furman will be leading at the half. Final Score: VT 28 - Furman 24

Wofford vs CSU: CSU reached its peak last year and is starting over. Wofford continue to produce a quality team and will get another tune-up for the SOCON with a big win here: Wofford 45 - CSU 3

GsU vs Austin Peay: After scoring 21 points against Georgia, GSU has proven they can play well. Austin Peay will a good practice for GSU and they win easily: GSU 56 - Austin Peay 0

Clemson vs The Citadel: Since none of this really counts, I will pick The Citadel here. The Citadel 24, Clemson 21

Elon vs SB: After a tough loss to Richmond, Elon regains composure and uses SB for a big win. Elon 42 - SB 7

Samford vs Faulkner: Samford struggled against Western Georgia, but this will be an easier game. Samford 35 - Faulkner 14

appfan2008
September 2nd, 2008, 01:28 PM
ASU vs Jacksonville: If App can catch a ball this weekend, they will win big here. Even without catches, ASU still wins with a better D and run game. ASU 35 - Jacksonville 3

we sure did drop a lot of balls didnt we...

PaladinFan
September 2nd, 2008, 01:32 PM
Va Tech vs Furman: Will tech revive itself after losing to Eastern Carolina last week. The answer is yes. They will win this game, but Furman will be leading at the half. Final Score: VT 28 - Furman 24

You will see one happy Paladinfan if we can keep it that close.

biggie
September 2nd, 2008, 01:46 PM
I'll go with the 6-3 and the losses to ACC teams.

I hope we have a good game and recover from the bad play against LSU.

I don't think it will be a huge blowout though, I hope they don't even play Pressley and try to save everyone after, hopefully, we are up big by halftime.

furman94
September 2nd, 2008, 03:19 PM
You will see one happy Paladinfan if we can keep it that close.

And furman94!

Black and Gold Express
September 3rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
Chattanooga 35 Cumberland 7
App State 56 Jacksonville St. 6
Florida State 49 WCU 3
Va Tech 42 Furman 9
Wofford 35 CSU 10
GSU 45 Austin Peay 7
Elon 42 Stony Brook 10
Clemson 63 The Citadel 14
Samford 28 Faulkner 14

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 4th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Florida State 49 WCU 3
Va Tech 42 Furman 9
Wofford 35 CSU 10
GSU 45 Austin Peay 7
Elon 42 Stony Brook 10
Clemson 63 The Citadel 14
Samford 28 Faulkner 14

You think you can hold Ryan Perrilloux to only 6 points?

Just messin' with you, B&G :D

CharlestonAppFan
September 4th, 2008, 09:51 AM
UTC vs Cumberland: Chatty needs to get a win now, due to the fact that they may not get one when the SoCon play begins. Or can they match their surprising feat again from last year...GSU? UTC 28 - Cumberland 14

ASU vs Jacksonville: Armanti reigns supreme this weekend.....at least in the first half with over 150 yards rushing and a couple of TD's and two passing TDs as well. ASU 42 - Jacksonville 7

FSU vs Western Carolina: Uh oh....West Carolina doesn't have the athletes to compete with FSU, plain and simple. Actually they don't have them to compete in the SoCon either....just yet. FSU 38 - WCU 0

Va Tech vs Furman: Va Tech will come out pumped up, they usually do in their home opener. That doesn't translate into a lot of points though, they usually don't score that many. But, their defense on the other hand......Furman will struggle against it. VT 27 - Furman 10

Wofford vs CSU: I'm not sure why Woffy came out flat last week, but CSU probably doesn't have the athletes to stop the option. With the possiblity of rain and wet conditions, I predict 3 passes.......combined. Wofford 31 - CSU 7

GSU vs Austin Peay: GSU looked OK last week against the #1 big boy poll team, the Bulldogs. This week they should do what UGa did to them last week....can AP look like GSU? Not so much. GSU 45 - Austin Peay 7

Clemson vs The Citadel: See the above post regarding Va Tech & Furman. The Citadel will get a steady dose of Davis & Spiller, with a mixing of Harper throwing the ball. I don't see this one close at all...1st home game for Clempson spells trouble for the Cadets. Clempson 45 The Citadel 13

Elon vs SB: Was last week an indication that the Phoenix are in trouble this year? They had better find a running game or their preseason expectations will be very hard to live up to. Don't know much about SB, but I hope they have good DB's, if not.... Elon 38 - SB 14

Samford vs Faulkner: Lil Sammy will begin the season 2-0...wow. Just like UTC, they had better win as many games as they can before conference play begins. Samford 24 - Faulkner 7

introvertedGSUfan
September 4th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I am so pumped for our first home game Saturday and the fact that all of our games in September are at home! Can't wait to scream my guts out.

elon77
September 4th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Va Tech on a down year is 10 times better than Duke and we all know what happened in Durham. Good luck Furman kick their tails. But, it could be ugly, let's hope not.

appmaj
September 4th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Va Tech on a down year is 10 times better than Duke and we all know what happened in Durham. Good luck Furman kick their tails. But, it could be ugly, let's hope not.

Well said xnodx xnodx

Mountaineer
September 4th, 2008, 03:50 PM
No score predictions. xrotatehx

Jacksonville @ Appalachian State
Cumberland @ Chattanooga
The Citadel @ Clemson
Elon @ Stony Brook
Furman @ Virginia Tech
Austin Peay @ Georgia Southern
Faulkner @ Samford
Western Carolina @ Florida State
Wofford @ Charleston Southern

Reign of Terrier
September 4th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Wofford vs CSU: I'm not sure why Woffy came out flat last week, but CSU probably doesn't have the athletes to stop the option. With the possiblity of rain and wet conditions, I predict 3 passes.......combined. Wofford 31 - CSU 7

On a side note, the PC game wasn't as close as the score, we turned the ball over 3 times (twice inside the PC thirty and once on the kickoff because the returner blew out his knee before he was touched.). The PC linebackers were good at disrupting the handoffs. Had we not turned the ball over so many times it could have been fifty-something to something-teen.

Just had to make it clear that Wofford's offense wasn't flat but had to play catch up early (down 14-0 in the first five minutes)
that and I predict 5 passes minimum and 10 maximum.
they're gonna get the kinks out so I change my score 52-10 (because we're at home.)

PaladinFan
September 4th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Well said xnodx xnodx

Kinda like Michigan, right?

SCPALADIN
September 4th, 2008, 08:08 PM
If va tech has Artificial turf, I bed to differ. I'm a VT fan as well as App so can't pull for the Furmans in this one. I apologize.xpeacex

Bermuda grass

ERASU2113
September 4th, 2008, 08:14 PM

I hope you know it's Jacksonville University not Jacksonville St. right B&G? ;)

http://www.judolphins.com/football/

Seawolf97
September 4th, 2008, 09:01 PM
FSU 45 WCU 7
Va Tech 24 Furman 14
Wofford 38 CSU 3
GSU 48 Austin Peay 7
SB 34 Elon 24
Samford 41 Faulkner 0

This is a real interesting pick from an Elon fan! Hope your right. The weather for Saturday is supposed to be messy-gusting winds and heavy rain as Hanna passe's through town.

AppStFan76
September 5th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Prediction....

Samford and Wofford will be the only SoCon teams without a loss on the season come Sunday!xthumbsupx xwhistlex

Eaglesrus
September 5th, 2008, 07:44 AM
On a side note, the PC game wasn't as close as the score, we turned the ball over 3 times (twice inside the PC thirty and once on the kickoff because the returner blew out his knee before he was touched.). The PC linebackers were good at disrupting the handoffs. Had we not turned the ball over so many times it could have been fifty-something to something-teen.

Just had to make it clear that Wofford's offense wasn't flat but had to play catch up early (down 14-0 in the first five minutes)
that and I predict 5 passes minimum and 10 maximum.
they're gonna get the kinks out so I change my score 52-10 (because we're at home.)

On a side note, the UGA game wasn't as close as the score, but we don't want to talk about it :)

ElonPride
September 5th, 2008, 08:22 AM
This is a real interesting pick from an Elon fan! Hope your right. .

I don't!xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
September 5th, 2008, 08:32 AM
pretty easy to pick winners in the socon games this week... either easy wins, easy losses... not many question marks as far as i can telll

Black Saturday
September 5th, 2008, 09:58 AM
pretty easy to pick winners in the socon games this week... either easy wins, easy losses... not many question marks as far as i can telll

I'm really anxious to see how APP responds vs. Jacksonville.

WCU LawCat
September 5th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I don't think App will have a problem. I actually think Elon will have their hands full.

FCS Go!
September 5th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Sounds like Lamb wants to mail this one in:

From today's Washington Post:

"We just hope the hurricane [Hanna] beats us up there so maybe they'll cancel the game," Lamb said.

Is this normal coach-speak for him?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/04/AR2008090403193.html

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I'm just wanting this game to be over so I can start looking forward to JMU

ERASU2113
September 5th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Sounds like Lamb wants to mail this one in:

From today's Washington Post:

"We just hope the hurricane [Hanna] beats us up there so maybe they'll cancel the game," Lamb said.

Is this normal coach-speak for him?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/04/AR2008090403193.html

IMO: He's referring to Va. Tech getting "upset" by ECU. Coming off a game you're supposed to win and get beat like they did, I don't think anyone would be happy.
"We just hope the hurricane [Hanna] beats us up there so maybe they'll cancel the game," Lamb said. "We're going into a situation where they're not very happy."

Meaning that against a smaller school, a team like Va. Tech may play their starters till the lead gets too bad then pull them. Beamer may keep them in the whole game - which could make the game even worse.

BULLDOG8180
September 5th, 2008, 11:23 PM
If and that is a BIG if, the dogs can establish any running game-they keep it close.