PDA

View Full Version : CCU/PSU

bodoyle
August 30th, 2008, 11:42 AM
14-0 psu after 1

MacDowell is so much better than Will it's not even close. We are moving the ball getting 1st downs etc. Will is a damn statue in the pocket.

bodoyle
August 30th, 2008, 11:47 AM
14-7 psu 13:00 left 2nd quarter

bodoyle
August 30th, 2008, 11:50 AM
21-7 returned the kickoff. Atleast 3 missed tackles.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2008, 11:51 AM
That kickoff return was a dagger. CCU has played really well for the most part though.

bodoyle
August 30th, 2008, 12:04 PM
28-7 with psu getting a 3rd and 13 conversion. Our DB never even looked for the ball.

bodoyle
August 30th, 2008, 12:14 PM
35-7

Our DBs are never turning and finding the ball.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I think that KO return really killed CCU's energy. Up to that point they were really playing well. Since then it's been all downhill.

bodoyle
August 30th, 2008, 12:34 PM
That's b/c Richardson came back in.

bodoyle
August 30th, 2008, 01:39 PM
59-7

I hope this is the last time Will Richardson steps on the field.

MarkCCU
August 30th, 2008, 01:54 PM
66-7
4:23 left

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2008, 01:55 PM
59-7

I hope this is the last time Will Richardson steps on the field.

Yeah this was not a good outcome for Coastal after a solid first quarter. I live in hardcore Penn State territory and the local paper picked it 63-6 which looks pretty good right now. I didn't think it would get this bad but many Penn State is a legit Top 20 team. I think Coastal will still be pretty good.

bodoyle
August 30th, 2008, 02:04 PM
We broke double digits!!!

66-10

chantster
August 30th, 2008, 02:30 PM
66-10 ??????

xsmhx xbawlingx xsmhx

Dang, we got Mansfielded. xoopsx

DSUHornet
August 30th, 2008, 03:14 PM
good lord

ngineer
August 30th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Hey, the $450,000 should make you feel better..;) I always thought PSU might want to give us another shot. Lehigh hasn't played Penn State at least the early 1940's, maybe earlier. However, their worst loss, ever, was to us in 1889 by a 106-0 score when TDs were worth only 4 points. I would think they'd want to seek revenge at some point. And we wouldn't mind the $450,000 either.xnodx

bodoyle
August 30th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Hey, the $450,000 should make you feel better..;) I always thought PSU might want to give us another shot. Lehigh hasn't played Penn State at least the early 1940's, maybe earlier. However, their worst loss, ever, was to us in 1889 by a 106-0 score when TDs were worth only 4 points. I would think they'd want to seek revenge at some point. And we wouldn't mind the $450,000 either.xnodx

Good news is we didn't look shell shocked, and Zack MacDowell (Wake transfer) looked solid.

Bad news we got molly-whopped and Will Richardso is...well Will Richardson.

Fordham
August 31st, 2008, 09:08 AM
COASTAL CAROLINA :o fans - any big injuries coming out of playing a game v. a big time opponent?

Also, what's your take on whether or not it was worth it? It's incredible exposure but is getting shellacked like that (score wise) worth it? Certainly the pay day helps - just wondering what your (collective) take is.

It'll also be interesting to see how you guys play this week v. Colgate. Did playing Penn St. help or hurt your kids' development?

windwalker
August 31st, 2008, 10:28 AM
CCSU fans - any big injuries coming out of playing a game v. a big time opponent?

Also, what's your take on whether or not it was worth it? It's incredible exposure but is getting shellacked like that (score wise) worth it? Certainly the pay day helps - just wondering what your (collective) take is.

It'll also be interesting to see how you guys play this week v. Colgate. Did playing Penn St. help or hurt your kids' development?

Who is CCSU????

LehighFan11
August 31st, 2008, 10:45 AM
I was at the game as a non-fan of either team. Coastal muffed the opening kick and almost lost possession, that was pretty much the story of the game for them. After they pulled the starting QB, they looked alot better. Their touchdown was possible because of a huge blown coverage. If derrick williams didn't return that kick for a TD, coastal could held on. Coastal's d-line was destroyed all game. Coastal's secondary wasn't bad, but they played too conservative. Overall, they showed some fight early but when they got down big it just got worse.

Referring to the posts earlier about Lehigh vs. PSU. I would love to see that game. I'm sure we would get killed just as bad but o well. The only area of the game I know we would do better in is kick return. Coastal couldn't return the ball past the 10 or 15 yard line all day. John Kennedy would defiantly do better!

93henfan
August 31st, 2008, 12:20 PM
Who is CCSU????

I think we was just asking your honest opinion of Central Connecticut State's victory over Bryant.xlolx

Fordham
September 1st, 2008, 08:47 AM
I think we was just asking your honest opinion of Central Connecticut State's victory over Bryant.xlolx

too funny and apologies to Coastal fans. xoopsx

I must have CCSU on the brain from our coach having come from there. Again, apologies. :o

bodoyle
September 1st, 2008, 09:35 AM
No injuries for us.

Fordham
September 1st, 2008, 10:35 AM
No injuries for us.

sounds like a net-net positive.

CCU97
September 1st, 2008, 11:43 AM
Me personally I like that we played Penn St. I hate losing by that much but it also will make out guys tougher as the season wears on because they won't play against teams of that caliber the rest of the year unless a playoff team just gets on fire. Right now with that being their first ever FBS game I was proud to see them hang in there and fight most of the game. We won't face that kind of speed in any game the rest of the year. We were beat by a better team. We will improve and should start showing what we have this week.