PDA

View Full Version : FCS Fans, let's chat!

PantherRob82
August 29th, 2008, 09:17 PM
http://chat.aim.com/chats/sports/fcs-football

Hope some people are up for chatting.

Just sitting in my hotel with an adult beverage and jacked up for tomorrow!

PantherRob82
August 29th, 2008, 09:18 PM
If you don't want to be in a room, aim me at pantherrob82

Mountain Panther
August 29th, 2008, 09:23 PM
If you don't want to be in a room, aim me at pantherrob82

Ug....I would but I don't want to enter my email address AGAIN...getting way too much spam these days.

Hard to believe I will actually be watching the Panthers on TV tomorrow...such a rare event.

PantherRob82
August 29th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I bet. I was hoping you'd come to the game.

APPALACHIANstate
August 29th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Come on in guys!

Mountain Panther
August 29th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I bet. I was hoping you'd come to the game.

The way I see it is I would have been spending a lot of money on flight, car & hotel only to see a very difficult game for us to win, when I could sit on the couch at home and watch.

PantherRob82
August 29th, 2008, 09:36 PM
We drove all night. I'm nuts.

Mountain Panther
August 29th, 2008, 09:46 PM

You been wearing your UNI gear around town? Any comments from anybody?

Big Al
August 29th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Dude, get out of your hotel room and get over to the Bohemian Brewery on 7200 South & State Street. I assume you're staying in the hotel right off the interstate?

PantherRob82
August 29th, 2008, 10:08 PM
You been wearing your UNI gear around town? Any comments from anybody?

Talked to a byu fan at wal mart last night. not too much said about predicitions.

Also met a random guy who's parents met at UNI and he grew up in Waverly.

PantherRob82
August 29th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Dude, get out of your hotel room and get over to the Bohemian Brewery on 7200 South & State Street. I assume you're staying in the hotel right off the interstate?

We're in midvale.

IndianaAppMan
August 30th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Why not chat here on AGS??

PantherRob82
August 30th, 2008, 09:00 AM
on the board? takes up too much room.

this chat room stays up until 24 hours after the last person leaves.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
August 30th, 2008, 09:29 AM
The way I see it is I would have been spending a lot of money on flight, car & hotel only to see a very difficult game for us to win, when I could sit on the couch at home and watch.

I thought about the expense of traveling out to Chicago in 2006 to watch UNH play Northwestern. Watching on TV wasn't an option, but I kept telling myself that I really couldn't afford to go and it was a lot of money to just watch us lose to a Big Ten team. Finally decided that if by some chance UNH won that I wanted to be there and with Chicago as the destination that I should go. First time I flew when a UNH sport's event was the primary reason for the trip.

Unbelievably, the reward was seeing my Wildcats upset Northwestern which is one of my top Wildcat Athletics' experiences since I enrolled in the Fall of 1968. And that day at the function held for UNH Alumni and Friends before the game, I met a few people who've become very good friends.

Then last Fall when UNH went to Northern Iowa and once I found out my compadres were going out to the game, I figured out a way to get out there too. Although the results weren't what we had hoped for, we still got to witness an outstanding game, experience another FCS locale and meet a couple more AGSers. I've never questioned the decision.

To me, the "hands on" experience of attending the games is well worth the expense and you never know when your school pulls off that big upset. And to be there and experience it is one of those "priceless" experiences like in that TV commercial. xnodx xnodx

igo4uni
August 30th, 2008, 09:30 AM

Not nuts......just a dedicated fan!!!!!!xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Mountain Panther
August 30th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I thought about the expense of traveling out to Chicago in 2006 to watch UNH play Northwestern. Watching on TV wasn't an option, but I kept telling myself that I really couldn't afford to go and it was a lot of money to just watch us lose to a Big Ten team. Finally decided that if by some chance UNH won that I wanted to be there and with Chicago as the destination that I should go. First time I flew when a UNH sport's event was the primary reason for the trip.

Unbelievably, the reward was seeing my Wildcats upset Northwestern which is one of my top Wildcat Athletics' experiences since I enrolled in the Fall of 1968. And that day at the function held for UNH Alumni and Friends before the game, I met a few people who've become very good friends.

Then last Fall when UNH went to Northern Iowa and once I found out my compadres were going out to the game, I figured out a way to get out there too. Although the results weren't what we had hoped for, we still got to witness an outstanding game, experience another FCS locale and meet a couple more AGSers. I've never questioned the decision.

To me, the "hands on" experience of attending the games is well worth the expense and you never know when your school pulls off that big upset. And to be there and experience it is one of those "priceless" experiences like in that TV commercial. xnodx xnodx

I hear ya....although Northwestern wasn't ranked #15 like BYU is.

PantherRob82
August 30th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I hear ya....although Northwestern wasn't ranked #15 like BYU is.

Even better reason to be here if we win. :)