PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Offseason: Holy Cross

Lehigh Football Nation
August 29th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Holy Cross fans, I present to you: *your* Holy Cross Crusaders.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/08/patriot-league-offseason-holy-cross.html

crusader11
August 29th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Great write up LFN, I agree with most of your points, but there are several areas that could have used more research.

1) This is not a big deal, but it is Brett McDermott, not Brent.

2) Completely disagree with your analysis of the recruiting class. It is quite difficult to evaluate a class solely based on rivals.com, scout.com, and other online articles that give reports on players. Also, the reason HC only had 22 kids in the class was because of the fabulous attrition rate Coach Gilmore has had in his time at HC. Rarely do players quit or transfer. There was simply no need to have 26-30 kids in the class...the depth is already there. The needs that needed to be met were met (2 QB's to replace Randolph, and several DB's to aid in the secondary which was one of the weaker points for HC.

breezy
August 30th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I posted this as a comment under the LFN write-up. It shows as "anonymous" because I did not have time to register.

Crusader 11 has it exactly right. HC did not need a big recruiting class because it has had several large classes in recent years and almost no attrition. The roster right now has 111 players.

In terms of recruiting, the DL was bolstered by last year's class. The primary need on the defense was for defensive backs, and HC got several players with excellent speed.

I agree that the key to the season is the performance of the defense. If it can stop people and give the offense the ball, HC will be tough to beat.