PDA

View Full Version : WCU drops Shorter 35-0 (link)

catamount man
August 29th, 2008, 05:23 AM
http://catamountsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/082808aab.html

Great night in Cullowhee to be sure. Team was a little flat in the 3rd quarter and had some problems with cramps, but other than that, no complaints. Of course, the competition gets a little tougher next week, but for one night, it was awesome to watch Catamount football again.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!! xbowx xbowx xbowx

catamount man
August 29th, 2008, 06:22 AM
FWIW, I will give SC credit. They brought a GOOD crowd and their triple option is gonna give NAIA teams fits this year.

After the game, the football team RAN to the band and sang the fight song with the band. It was nice. This team is not gonna roll over for ANYBODY.

Great night in Cullowhee and even Appaholic's "good luck" phone call while I was tailgating couldn't ruin my night. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

OL FU, got your message and thanks. It was a great thing to see.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Black and Gold Express
August 29th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Congrats on the win. Y'all need confidence builders to help lay any groundwork for a rebound of the program. I don't thinlk you'll get more than one SoCon win (Samford) but hopefully this is the start of a new beginning that will stick!

ASU88
August 29th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Well done. Nice start to 2008.

How did those new uniforms look?

appfan2008
August 29th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Good job... way to get the season off right... btw how was the crowd on a thursday night?... also was the new tailgating polocy a factor with the students?

BeauFoster
August 29th, 2008, 07:17 AM
When was the last time that WCU posted a shutout? Those don't happen often, for any team! Sounds like the defense must be much improved.

bobbythekidd
August 29th, 2008, 07:22 AM
When was the last time that WCU posted a shutout? Those don't happen often, for any team! Sounds like the defense must be much improved.
8-31-06 WCU 42, Chowan 0.

Good job Cats!

BeauFoster
August 29th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Thanks, BTK! I didn't feel like looking it up myself, I figured someone would be able to tell me quickly.

ASUMountaineer
August 29th, 2008, 07:54 AM
8-31-06 WCU 42, Chowan 0.

Good job Cats!

Bob has all the information. Know this.xnodx

ASU88
August 29th, 2008, 08:11 AM
My God, we're going to have to stop talking smack about WCU if this keeps up!

Undefeated. Yet to be scored on! xbowx

OK, maybe no smack is too much to ask for, but a real good start anyway.xthumbsupx

Appaholic
August 29th, 2008, 09:30 AM
FWIW, I will give SC credit. They brought a GOOD crowd and their triple option is gonna give NAIA teams fits this year.

Great night in Cullowhee and even Appaholic's "good luck" phone call while I was tailgating couldn't ruin my night. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Glad I could help.....nothing like starting off the season with a victory......hopefully, your defeat of Shorter College in Cullowhee will bring WCU as much goodwill in 2008 as our defeat of the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor brought us last year......

ASU88
August 29th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Glad ...hopefully, your defeat of Shorter College in Cullowhee will bring WCU as much goodwill in 2008 ...

Could be. The biggest intangible (I believe) in football is believing you're going to win. It has a huge effect on everything that happens on the field.

When a team starts really believing, they'll start getting it done.

SuperJon
August 29th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Well done. Nice start to 2008.

How did those new uniforms look?

Click the link, there's a picture there.

Personally, I think it looked horrible going purple on purple. Purple on white would've looked much much much better.

ASU88
August 29th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Purple on white would've looked much much much better.

I agree. Like the helmet and the jersey. White pants would have been the right combo.

Skjellyfetti
August 29th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I like purple and black ala TCU and UNI

Green Cookie Monster
August 29th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Maybe you should have played Taller? xlolx

WCU LawCat
August 29th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Click the link, there's a picture there.

Personally, I think it looked horrible going purple on purple. Purple on white would've looked much much much better.

The Uniforms arrived LATE WED. AFTERNOON. We were afraid they would not make it in. A lot of us were told it would be purple over gold pants. I'm thinking it is possible the rest of the uniforms are not in yet.

Skjellyfetti
August 29th, 2008, 02:27 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wcar/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/2234755.jpeg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/so-muich-purple.jpg

furman94
August 29th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I'd like the Purple with Gold Pants. Purple and White is our thing :D!

catamount man
August 29th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Good job... way to get the season off right... btw how was the crowd on a thursday night?... also was the new tailgating polocy a factor with the students?

announced was 5,778 but there were more there. the students actually showed up sober and in massive numbers and raised football hell all night long. The Catamount Club directors were enforcing the traffic in and out of most of the designated parking lots with the best accuracy I've personally seen in a long time and with some of the clusterjobs of parking we've had to deal with in the past, it was a good thing.

Fireworks now go off after each WCU touchdown and it really added to the night as well as the entrance to THUNDERSTRUCK and running out from under the big new inflatable catamount head.

NOT ONE SINGLE DELAY OF GAME PENALTY, something that Briggs teams were notorious for. Focused, intense, full speed and while sloppy at some points during the game, you could tell the players WANTED to put this one to bed. Great night in Cullowhee!!!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx