PDA

View Full Version : App St fans in New Orleans

TColonel
August 28th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Being that I am located just south of New Orleans, needless to say I have been listening to the news quite a bit with the approaching Gustav as the eye is currently predicted to go about 10 miles from the Nicholls State campus on Tuesday morning. One thing that I did hear about that might also be affected by Gustav is the Southern Decadence Festival that takes place in the French Quarter - apparently this is an annual event. With that stated, for all App fans coming to LA for the game and then planning to go to New Orleans (hoping that there will be no hurricane), if you try to pick up on someone, make sure she does not have an adams apple.

Other than that, have a safe trip and if city and state officials say get out - LISTEN TO THEM and do it early.

TexasTerror
August 28th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Southern Decadence is a big event -- one of the biggest in the GLBT community. I think they've done it in New Orleans for 30+ years.

Was on the Mountaineer message board, they are having lots of discussions about ways to get out of BR and NOLA in case they having problems.

Appaholic
August 28th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Being that I am located just south of New Orleans, needless to say I have been listening to the news quite a bit with the approaching Gustav as the eye is currently predicted to go about 10 miles from the Nicholls State campus on Tuesday morning. One thing that I did hear about that might also be affected by Gustav is the Southern Decadence Festival that takes place in the French Quarter - apparently this is an annual event. With that stated, for all App fans coming to LA for the game and then planning to go to New Orleans (hoping that there will be no hurricane), if you try to pick up on someone, make sure she does not have an adams apple.
Other than that, have a safe trip and if city and state officials say get out - LISTEN TO THEM and do it early.

Apparantly, you haven't seen Deliverence.....not an issue.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj4LnfkdJDM

patssle
August 28th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Nobody knows what Gustav is going to do. The predictions have shifted hundreds of miles just this past 12 hours from east to west and now back east again. I wouldn't worry about it til the weekend.

hawkeye
August 28th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Apparantly, you haven't seen Deliverence.....not an issue.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj4LnfkdJDM

Deliverence vs New Orleans? You may not squeal like a pig but instead a little girl, waking up in a tub full of ice with your kidney missing. xnodx