PDA

View Full Version : Gardner-Webb at Tennessee Tech tonight

TTUEagles
August 28th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Does anybody out there have any thoughts or predictions on this game?
I am very biased of course, and this is a homer pick for sure, but I say it's 38-35 in favor of TTU. I'm confident in Tech's Offense, even with GW's excellent LB's (can't wait to see this Mario Brown), but TTU's new 3-4 scheme has me very nervous.

GO TECH !

g-webb1994
August 28th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Congrats on the W, too bad we couldn't have shown up and made a game of it.

SoccerSmells
August 28th, 2008, 11:32 PM
The webb can't be losing games in that fashion if they want to earn respect. Not a good outcome. Not so much the fact they lost, but that they appear to have been dominated by a younger TTU team.

Could be a long year in Boiling Sprangs.

TTUEagles
August 29th, 2008, 07:46 AM
GW has to find a long-snapper. It cost them two field goals and a safety on a punt. Both teams weren't very sharp from the kickers/punters standpoint. Also, two huge personal fouls kept TTU drives alive. I thought the game was closer than the score indicated I liked GW's QB and #1 - they'll be playmakers. I was glad to see TTU capitalize on GW mistakes and pull away... TTU found a lot of speed and playmakers on offense and has some nice speed on D. I am definitely more optimistic about the season now. GO TECH!

TexasTerror
August 29th, 2008, 08:06 AM
This makes the SHSU-Gardner Webb game intriguing. We in Huntsville feel that G-Webb needs to do pretty good this season to make a SHSU win over the Bulldogs attractive...G-Webb losing to TTU does not do much to help that.

Can G-Webb rebound prior to the SHSU game?

Golden Eagle
August 29th, 2008, 10:00 AM
And with an attendance of 12,228 (more than every game last season except one, and last season was a very very good year for attendance), Tech looks to be off to a good start in that category as well.

Competing with Obama and the Titans, no less.

Sly Fox
August 29th, 2008, 04:18 PM
This was certainly a disappointing performance from the Big South's perspective. This season could be it for Patton unless this turns into an aberration.

g-webb1994
August 29th, 2008, 04:45 PM
This was certainly a disappointing performance from the Big South's perspective. This season could be it for Patton unless this turns into an aberration.

Common knowledge is Patton will only coach three more years max before hanging it up, maybe giving the reins to Pizzo, who does all his dirty work anyway.

Terror, we have D-2 Tusculum here next Saturday then are back on the road to play another OVC opponent, Austin Peay, then you guys. I don't see us beating Peay now if last night is the trend.:(

TTUEagles
August 29th, 2008, 08:21 PM
You'll beat Peay. TTU is much better than last year, a lot more speed, despite their youth. I saw a lot of potential out of GW, good defense (stupid penalties kept 2 drives alive), but shoddy Special teams accounted for 2 missed field goals and 9 TTU points. Take those away, and there's a real game...I think TTU will finish 7-5 and GW is better than they played last night. In my opinion...

Maroons
August 30th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Well done, Tech. Here's hoping it signals a return to better fortunes for the Golden Eagles.

The Non-Con victory was certainly welcome relief after SEMO needed overtime to put away some Baptist school I had never heard of.

TTUEagles
August 30th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks to you, Maroons. I was pleased in many ways: first, attendance was great (12,000+). I don't think TTU has what it takes (yet) to win the OVC this year, but if TECH stays healthy, they'll be in the top 4, I'm certain. A ton more speed on offense, and finally some excitement from the "D." A blitz/stunt before 3rd down!!! I still say GW does well this year, just some stupid mistakes that kept them from being right in the game.