PDA

View Full Version : The CSN Way: Appalachian State Fans Better Prepare For Hurt

CSN-info
August 27th, 2008, 06:28 PM
App State fans, I’m begging you. Prepare yourself for hurt. I say this not because I want you to lose to the state university of Louisiana next week. I say this because I care.http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=the-csn-way-appalachian-state-fans-bette&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Skjellyfetti
August 27th, 2008, 06:34 PM
It's ok, Chuck picked us to lose throughout the playoffs last year.

I don't take his predictions very seriously.

Not saying we'll beat LSU... but we'll perform much better than he thinks.

BeauFoster
August 27th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Nice article, with one needed correction...Jason Hunter picked up the fumble against UNI. Murrell knocked it loose from Sander's grasp. Otherwise, there isn't much wrong with everything the author writes. xthumbsupx

APPALACHIANstate
August 27th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I saw Armanti today...

He was literally levitating to class...

Skjellyfetti
August 27th, 2008, 06:47 PM
This should be posted on one of App's message boards.

Darn you, CSN-info. ;)

AppState
August 27th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Nobody reads that loser.

LarryBoy
August 27th, 2008, 06:54 PM
App State may be the bane of my existence, but I desperately want them to do well Saturday for those exact reasons. Whether we like it or not, the Mountaineers are our representative, our ambassador to the twisted media-dominated FBS world. They'll dismiss our little nation very quickly if App fails to "entertain."

The reality is that a 40-point loss Saturday (I would be shocked at any wider a margin) takes nothing away from what Appalachian accomplished last season, and it takes nothing away from the many other quickly-forgotten FCS wins over BS teams. It's all about names, size, and most importantly, dollars and cents.

So forget Furman's 6 wins over BCS-conference schools in the I-AA era. It's a disgrace for Virginia Tech to even schedule us. Forget NDSU's already-consistent abuse of the big boys (while in transition!). Forget tiny, tiny Wofford's several near-shockers over schools 30 times their size. Forget the fact that playing the big boys is the only way for a lot of us to get the adequate funding we need to compete, since we don't have alumni numbering in the millions to build our $300 million dollar stadiums for us. Our hard-working young men apparently aren't worthy to step on those overly-pampered fields.

So take 'em down, Saturday, Appies. It's a moral imperative.

uofmman1122
August 27th, 2008, 06:58 PM

Darn you, CSN-info. ;)Wait?! There are App State boards?

What does that make AGS, then? xconfusedx

xlolxxlolxxlolxxsmiley_wix

Skjellyfetti
August 27th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Wait?! There are App State boards?

What does that make AGS, then? xconfusedx

This is the board where fans of other teams come to discuss Appalachian State University. ;)

APPALACHIANstate
August 27th, 2008, 07:02 PM
This is the board where fans of other teams come to discuss Appalachian State University. ;)

AMEN!

Chi Panther
August 27th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Nice article, with one needed correction...Jason Hunter picked up the fumble against UNI. Murrell knocked it loose from Sander's grasp. Otherwise, there isn't much wrong with everything the author writes. xthumbsupx

Oh...the real pain....xbawlingx

BeauFoster
August 27th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Oh...the real pain....xbawlingx

Sorry! xoopsx

uofmman1122
August 27th, 2008, 07:11 PM
This is the board where fans of other teams come to discuss Appalachian State University. ;)Hahahahaha! xlolx

I wasn't expecting that.

Touche~.

james_lawfirm
August 27th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I got just one thing to say to Chuck. And, I have been pondering how best to say it with decorum, aplomb, class, and above all - with all of the pompousness which Chuck seems to think afflicts us App fans today. Here's my best shot:

Phbthphbtphthbhpthpbth!! And, Ptooie!

Aho_Old_Guy
August 27th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Does this qualify as a troll thread?

Regardless of the score between Appalachian and LSU the FCS has already won. Quality, competitive (and exciting) football can be part of the college experience across the nation without the 'hurt' and the 'hype' of playing for a mythical national championship in the Doritos Bowl.

So 'there' Mr. CSN-Info.

I'm not so delusional as to think this is anything more than a serious arse-whupping waiting to happen for Appalachian - fueled by 90k ragin' Cajuns.

So 'there' Mr. CSN-Info.

LSU will put Appalachian 'in their place'. The question is whether LSU and their fans will do it will class, sportsmanship and dignity. I have my doubts but hope I'm wrong.

So 'there' Mr. CSN-Info.

Appalachian will put their best game on the field and will not back down regardless of the superior numbers and 'major' college status of their opponent. I dare say the overwhelming support of college football fans across the nation will be for Appalachian to live the improbable dream for a second time.

So 'there' Mr. CSN-Info.

We win.

PS - I didn't click on your link. I hope you were not counting on that nickel.

hippy@GSU
August 27th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Does this qualify as a troll thread?

Regardless of the score between Appalachian and LSU the FCS has already won. Quality, competitive (and exciting) football can be part of the college experience across the nation without the 'hurt' and the 'hype' of playing for a mythical national championship in the Doritos Bowl.

So 'there' Mr. CSN-Info.

I'm not so delusional as to think this is anything more than a serious arse-whupping waiting to happen for Appalachian - fueled by 90k ragin' Cajuns.

So 'there' Mr. CSN-Info.

LSU will put Appalachian 'in their place'. The question is whether LSU and their fans will do it will class, sportsmanship and dignity. I have my doubts but hope I'm wrong.

So 'there' Mr. CSN-Info.

Appalachian will put their best game on the field and will not back down regardless of the superior numbers and 'major' college status of their opponent. I dare say the overwhelming support of college football fans across the nation will be for Appalachian to live the improbable dream for a second time.

So 'there' Mr. CSN-Info.

We win.

PS - I didn't click on your link. I hope you were not counting on that nickel.

Right On!!xthumbsupx

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Wow that was a pretty good article... I think it was speaking to a select few app bandwagon fans who think that app always wins... but it was a nice article that made some good points...

mountaineertider
August 27th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Make that nickel a dime lost. I knew what it would say before I read it.

Syntax Error
August 27th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Does this qualify as a troll thread?...It does now, thanks. All that without knowing what you were talking about? xlolx

Saint3333
August 27th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Is this the start of the line for the ASU hateraid?

If LSU beats ASU by 4 TDs, which is possible given their running game and defense, I can't wait to come on here to see the ASU hate from everyone.

This is a no lose situation for ASU (besides injuries, but those can happen playing any opponent). ASU keeps it closes or lighten strikes twice = win, ASU loses big = everyone's (the average sports fan) expectations.

Out the door in the morning, Monday should be an interesting read.xreadx

Lehigh Football Nation
August 28th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Is this the start of the line for the ASU hateraid?

If LSU beats ASU by 4 TDs, which is possible given their running game and defense, I can't wait to come on here to see the ASU hate from everyone.

This is a no lose situation for ASU (besides injuries, but those can happen playing any opponent). ASU keeps it closes or lighten strikes twice = win, ASU loses big = everyone's (the average sports fan) expectations.

Out the door in the morning, Monday should be an interesting read.xreadx

I beg to differ. Appalachian State in 2007 was a no-lose situation. ESPN and the rest of the world has made this very much into a App-has-something-to-lose situation.

trusty
August 28th, 2008, 12:20 PM

Darn you, CSN-info. ;)

I thought this was App's message board?:)

Aho_Old_Guy
August 28th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I beg to differ. Appalachian State in 2007 was a no-lose situation. ESPN and the rest of the world has made this very much into a App-has-something-to-lose situation.

Not only Appalachian - but FCS in general.

If the Boonies stink up the place and get blown out by 50 the Michigan win becomes a 'fluke' and all of FCS is re-delegated to undeserved mickey-mouse status and 'minor-college football'.

I don't see a major blowout in the works but one has to think that LSU rep'pin' for the mighty FBS will want to make a BCS-level 'statement' to their 'underlings' in the FCS. They jumped on Viginia Tech last year essentially up 24-0 after the first quarter.

If App can take those initial shots from LSU, take advantage of the aggressive nature of the Tigers and get a little AE magic working they could keep it respectable. It sounds like an oxymoron (and a big stretch at that xsmiley_wix ) but we need to get the LSU defense to think and catch a few of their guys out of position.

Lightening may not strike twice but hopefully it will be a fun game to watch and everyone comes away healthy.

jus10asu
August 28th, 2008, 02:16 PM
"App State fans, I’m begging you. Prepare yourself for hurt. I say this not because I want you to lose to the state university of Louisiana next week. I say this because I care. "

Douche Alert!!

Does this guy really think we care at all what he thinks...really, how many people have said this already.

We get it!!! Everyone (FBS loathers) think LSU is the most unstoppable force known to the college football world who is completely immune to heat, humidty and losing. Please spare me.

Our guys know what they are going to face in BR better than half of these jokes that think they know every in and out about playing in tiger stadium.

We've got Coach Jerry Moore and he's gonna have our boys more than prepaired for this game but mostly for the rest of our 4th title run. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xcoffeex

ASUMountaineer
August 28th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I thought this was App's message board?:)

Oh trusty, you have the ugliest avatar ever. xnodx

:D

Appaholic
August 28th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Actually a decent article....and a lot of truth to what he is saying.....we outplayed Michigan last year and you have to play the hand that is dealt to you, but, as good as we played, had Mike Hart played the entire game, we lose by 21.......

Skjellyfetti
August 28th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Actually a decent article....and a lot of truth to what he is saying.....we outplayed Michigan last year and you have to play the hand that is dealt to you, but, as good as we played, had Mike Hart played the entire game, we lose by 21.......

I agree. It's not that hard to argue that LSU will win the game. I agree with that. It's his tone that we have no chance and will get roflstomped.

I wish I could pull up his articles from the playoffs last year. I don't remember who he picked in the JMU game. But I do remember that he picked Eastern Washington, Richmond, and Delaware over us.

EmeryZach
August 28th, 2008, 03:09 PM
That was a really well written and smart article. Also humorous. I liked it.

putter
August 28th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Unfortunately the media is only focusing on App because of the Michigan win. On the old CSTV they were touting Central Michigan's QB for a Heisman candidate. They did not mention that NDSU throttled them by 30 last year at home or that they beat Minnesota and put up 400+ yards on them. They are very selective about what facts on the FCS they allow in. We need and FCS channed on cable, we need an FCS channel on XM/Serius to get a national forum other than the internet.

EmeryZach
August 28th, 2008, 03:27 PM
we need an FCS channel on XM/Serius

Or SiriusXM would work too

Syntax Error
August 28th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Douche Alert!!Indeed, just take a look in the...
http://www.plumbingworld.com/images/alliedbrass-mirror-dm-4.jpg

xrolleyesx

ERASU2113
August 28th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Very good article...read it before one of my classes started. Found this video that's a good preview/hype video for the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kfiay84WcQ

uofmman1122
August 28th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Very good article...read it before one of my classes started. Found this video that's a good preview/hype video for the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kfiay84WcQ"And then you've got Appalachian, who really has done the same thing over the last 10 years in their division." - Some guy who doesn't know much about FCS/I-AA

I've seen this video before, I guess I didn't notice that the first time. Last 10 years? Pffft! More like last 3. xrulesxxcoffeex

Skjellyfetti
August 28th, 2008, 05:54 PM
"And then you've got Appalachian, who really has done the same thing over the last 10 years in their division." - Some guy who doesn't know much about FCS/I-AA

I've seen this video before, I guess I didn't notice that the first time. Last 10 years? Pffft! More like last 3. xrulesxxcoffeex

LSU - 2 national championships in last 10 years
Appalachian - 3 national championships in last 10 years

LSU - 3 conference championships in last 10 years
Appalachian - 4 conference championships in last 10 years

LSU - 89-37 in the last ten years. 70.63%
Appalachian - 98-33 in last ten years. 74.81%

LSU - 2 losing season in last ten years.
Appalachian - 0 losing seasons in last ten years

Not sure what other measurement I could include. Appalachian has performed as well... if not BETTER than LSU over the last 10 years in their division.

xcoffeex xrulesx

uofmman1122
August 28th, 2008, 06:12 PM
LSU - 2 national championships in last 10 years
Appalachian - 3 national championships in last 10 years

LSU - 3 conference championships in last 10 years
Appalachian - 4 conference championships in last 10 years

LSU - 89-37 in the last ten years. 70.63%
Appalachian - 98-33 in last ten years. 74.81%

LSU - 2 losing season in last ten years.
Appalachian - 0 losing seasons in last ten years

Not sure what other measurement I could include. Appalachian has performed as well... if not BETTER than LSU over the last 10 years in their division.

xcoffeex xrulesxThen I guess we can say that his assumptions of both LSU and ASU dominating their respective division over the last 10 years is false. xwhistlex xcoffeex xsmiley_wix

Skjellyfetti
August 28th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Then I guess we can say that his assumptions of both LSU and ASU dominating their respective division over the last 10 years is false. xwhistlex xcoffeex xsmiley_wix

LOL. Nice backpeddle. It may be too late... but you should try out for the Griz. You may have a future as a defensive back. ;)

He doesn't even say LSU has dominated in their subdivision. He simply says that both LSU and Appalachian have performed at a very high level over the past 10 seasons.

He says "In the BCS era, which is really the last 10 years, LSU is probably second only to Southern California... being in that top 5... being in that top 10." That's accurate. Except, I'd put LSU above USC.

SoCon48
August 29th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Hatred and jealousy run deep.

AshevilleApp
August 29th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Her's my response to the article........

"So..."

The only thing that's odd about the way it is written is it almost implicates the fans for the fact that App is being held at a high standard. Isn't that due to the win over Michigan and national press? Somehow its the fans' fault if App loses big at LSU?

The goal is to win a National Championship and if playing a team like LSU and learning from the game helps in that then....

Then on top of that rhetoric he predicts a 49-21 score??? 3 Touchdowns on a top FBS defense and App should be ashamed?

-AA