PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood Lot??

jus10asu
August 27th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Sorry for another App thread, but is Greenwood only for yosef club people or is it first come first serve? According to the map its for yosef but the site says its first come first serve. Also how early can you park on rivers without being made to leave on gamedays?

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 02:48 PM
it is for yosef club and it is for 1000 dollar people and up...

the last few years it has been that you can begin parking at 900am

jus10asu
August 27th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Ok yeah that's what I thought. But everytime we would go to tailgate at like 7:30 and 8 there would be cars all up and down rivers street already. So I mean do they really enforce that?

jus10asu
August 27th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I wish the deck was still open for anybody cause we always used that big open area on the 3rd level.

Tribe4SF
August 27th, 2008, 02:52 PM
OK, that did it!

Get the f##K out of here!!!xpissedx

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 02:54 PM
yeah they do... all cars have to be removed from campus at 7am and they spend the time from 7am until 9am towing everything left... i watched it out of my dorm freshman year, my girlfriend (now wife's) dorm sophomore year and just wandering around my last 2 years... i sort of thought it wasnt to nice how they were towing all those cars but rules and times are just that...

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 02:55 PM
OK, that did it!

what in the world is wrong with you?

ignore the thread if you dont like it...

jus10asu
August 27th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Don't hate....xcoffeex

jus10asu
August 27th, 2008, 03:32 PM
So where would be a good place for non-yosef clubbers to park instead of rivers st.? You think businesses are gonna let people pay to park around Boone this year? I would donate but I just graduated and got married so I kind of have other priorities at the moment.

AppChicago
August 27th, 2008, 03:44 PM
So where would be a good place for non-yosef clubbers to park instead of rivers st.? You think businesses are gonna let people pay to park around Boone this year? I would donate but I just graduated and got married so I kind of have other priorities at the moment.

A good question. One many, many fans are asking themselves. Smart businesses are probably opening their lots, but it's hard to say.

I have friends right off of King St, so I know where I'm parking.

It's a tough one.

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 03:51 PM

ME TOO!

My wife and I graduated last may and we got married the next week on may 17!

what about you...

I have no idea where I will park... I have no money to donate either so I guess I will just get up there and search...

Skjellyfetti
August 27th, 2008, 04:08 PM
If you just need a place to park... park at the mall and ride a shuttle over to the game.

If you need a place to tailgate and aren't a Yosef member... I dunno. I'm tailgating in my apartment parking lot.

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I am still a member at first baptist church on king street and that is where we have tailgated in the past and we will probably ask them to save us spot for us to do that again...

DSUrocks07
August 27th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Doesn't App State have their own fansite? xcoffeex

Touchdown Yosef
August 27th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Last year we parked either on Howard Street over by raley in the pay by hour lot at the lot by the emporium just before river st. turns into poplar grove you can make a right and park there for 20 bucks last year. I know Hardee's always sells spots as well. I would bet the public parking by the police station will be a hot spot to tailgate as well as harmon lot behind raley.

I think the key will be finding your private lot and getting there early. I think it will be very tough though for people coming from out of town that will not be parked by 9 am or be able to go park early save a spot and come back later to tailgate.

Students should also take advantage of reserving spots on duck pond field and Durham Park.

Touchdown Yosef
August 27th, 2008, 04:48 PM
You might also want to try the broyhill inn lot. Long walk but I don't think they are Yosef Club.

rjg129
August 27th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I have a friend on old bristol, i park at her place and walk

not at the point yet where i can donate 1k+ to get stadium or greenwood

citdog
August 27th, 2008, 04:54 PM
parking questions on the National FCS Site? xmadx xmadx xmadx

remove this thread

take it to the app state board......

ps this aint it

jonmac
August 27th, 2008, 05:05 PM
parking questions on the National FCS Site? xmadx xmadx xmadx

remove this thread

take it to the app state board......

ps this aint it

OK, that did it!

Is it really that big of a deal? Or do ya'll just get off on stirring things up. If it's in the terms of use and some other rules, then sorry, but you don't have to read every thread. There's lots of stuff posted here that some of us don't like to be worried with.

DSUrocks07
August 27th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Is it really that big of a deal? Or do ya'll just get off on stirring things up. If it's in the terms of use and some other rules, then sorry, but you don't have to read every thread. There's lots of stuff posted here that some of us don't like to be worried with.

Thats all fine and dandy but there are some questions that would be more relevant to the App State board. (Parking, Tailgating, how the hot dogs taste in the stadium...) than the main FCS board on AGS.

Priorities people...xthumbsupx

jonmac
August 27th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Thats all fine and dandy but there are some questions that would be more relevant to the App State board. (Parking, Tailgating, how the hot dogs taste in the stadium...) than the main FCS board on AGS.

Priorities people...xthumbsupx

I agree that maybe it shouldn't have been its own thread but stuff like this is discussed all over this board. And maybe a non-ASU person is planning on attending a game this season and just might benefit from this parking info. It's just not something to get your and everyone's boxers all in bunch about. Man I'll be glad when the games start so this trivial stuff will end. By the way, the hot dogs are decent, the BBQ is good and dadgummit we don't have stadium cups. xpeacex

AppIAA
August 27th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Students should also take advantage of reserving spots on duck pond field and Durham Park.

I thought those spaces were for clubs only? Or can any student reserve a space?

DSUrocks07
August 27th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I agree that maybe it shouldn't have been its own thread...

xnodx

stevdock
August 27th, 2008, 06:17 PM
And you guys wonder why there were lots of NDSU people who weren't posting elsewhere during the Elimination game.

ASU88
August 27th, 2008, 06:26 PM
xbawlingx

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 07:18 PM
man... the hate that comes in from all over the nation after you win 3 national titles in a row is amazing...

stevdock
August 27th, 2008, 08:09 PM
No if any other school would have posted this they would be getting the same kinda crap you guys are. Just be glad everyone's not joining in.

appsfan
August 27th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Sorry for another App thread, but is Greenwood only for yosef club people or is it first come first serve? According to the map its for yosef but the site says its first come first serve. Also how early can you park on rivers without being made to leave on gamedays?

The Greenwood lot will have 126 spaces available for students this year, otherwise it is for the Yosef Club.

HiHiYikas
August 27th, 2008, 08:42 PM
It would be nice, I think, if more of us ASU fans would show a little consideration before posting about anything and everything on the FCS board, however loosely it relates to FCS.

Our fanbase has become that guy (you know the one) who never has a thought he doesn't express verbally.

I'm not angry about it. I'm not especially bothered by it. I'm not trying to fuss at anybody. And, since I'm not trying to be critical, I'd really like to think our fans are decent enough to respond to this post with civility.

But I can sure see why other fans get miffed about it. It's easy enough to say "just don't read it," and that works - to a point. Soon enough, it starts looking like spam, cluttering up your inbox, pushing interesting stories that are actually about FCS football (imagine that!) to pages 2 and 3.

It's easy for us to play the victim and call it "hate," but that is totally off base in this instance. When you infer (consciously or not) that fans of the other 100-something FCS schools want to read about a parking lot at ASU, you risk coming off as careless or arrogant.

There was an extensive - and very informative - Greenwood lot thread over on the Mountaineer Message Board a week or so ago. People posted information that came directly from Yosef Club officials and University employees. I make this point thinking that maybe some ASU-fan AGSers don't realize that the MMB exists. It's a wonderful online community, and a perfect forum for posting minutiae about ASU football - things fans of other schools really can't be expected to care about.

And it doesn't take a genius to figure out which is which:

ASU's season outlook (in football), ASU players on the All SoCon team, ASU football facility updates, ASU awards, ASU opponnents, etc. - interesting throughout FCS fandom; interesting on the MMB.

Information about parking at ASU games, memorabilia costs at ASU fanfest, the make and model of Yosef's Kentucky longrifle, What Armanti Edwards eats for breakfast, the brand of grass seed preferred by Chancellor Ken Peacock - interesting (sometimes only marginally so) to ASU fans only; best posted on the MMB.

Maybe ask yourself "If I was an assistant coach at ASU (or any other FCS school), would this information concern me? Would it interest me?"

If you can't honestly say "yes" to that question, maybe there's no use in creating another thread.

xtwocentsx

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 08:43 PM
No if any other school would have posted this they would be getting the same kinda crap you guys are. Just be glad everyone's not joining in.

oh they are.... like you!

BeauFoster
August 27th, 2008, 09:11 PM
the brand of grass seed preferred by Chancellor Ken Peacock

Ken is environmentally conscious-he uses Scott's Water Smart

ASUMountaineer
August 27th, 2008, 09:16 PM
It would be nice, I think, if more of us ASU fans would show a little consideration before posting about anything and everything on the FCS board, however loosely it relates to FCS.

Our fanbase has become that guy (you know the one) who never has a thought he doesn't express verbally.

I'm not angry about it. I'm not especially bothered by it. I'm not trying to fuss at anybody. And, since I'm not trying to be critical, I'd really like to think our fans are decent enough to respond to this post with civility.

But I can sure see why other fans get miffed about it. It's easy enough to say "just don't read it," and that works - to a point. Soon enough, it starts looking like spam, cluttering up your inbox, pushing interesting stories that are actually about FCS football (imagine that!) to pages 2 and 3.

It's easy for us to play the victim and call it "hate," but that is totally off base in this instance. When you infer (consciously or not) that fans of the other 100-something FCS schools want to read about a parking lot at ASU, you risk coming off as careless or arrogant.

There was an extensive - and very informative - Greenwood lot thread over on the Mountaineer Message Board a week or so ago. People posted information that came directly from Yosef Club officials and University employees. I make this point thinking that maybe some ASU-fan AGSers don't realize that the MMB exists. It's a wonderful online community, and a perfect forum for posting minutiae about ASU football - things fans of other schools really can't be expected to care about.

ASU's season outlook (in football), ASU players on the All SoCon team, ASU football facility updates, ASU awards, ASU opponnents, etc. - interesting throughout FCS fandom; interesting on the MMB.

Information about parking at ASU games, memorabilia costs at ASU fanfest, the make and model of Yosef's Kentucky longrifle, What Armanti Edwards eats for breakfast, the brand of grass seed preferred by Chancellor Ken Peacock - interesting (sometimes only marginally so) to ASU fans only; best posted on the MMB.

Maybe ask yourself "If I was an assistant coach at ASU (or any other FCS school), would this information concern me? Would it interest me?"

If you can't honestly say "yes" to that question, maybe there's no use in creating another thread.

xtwocentsx

Very good, responsible, appropriate post. xbowx

jonmac
August 27th, 2008, 10:03 PM

xtwocentsx

But beware when on the MMB, if you are a new poster and inadvertently break one of the coveted "AppLaws" then prepare to be treated like a red-headed step child and be tarred and feathered.

HiHi, I appreciate your post and agree with it for the most part. But it pains me that someone can be jumped on here for what they thought was an important post to them and then be given a lesson in message board etiquette, which is appropriate, by the way, my beef is not with you, yet there are so many on this board who see fit to use juvenile name calling, foul language (even though so cleverly camouflaged with wingdings), adolescent body part references and playground bullying to make a point and they seem to get a pass most of the time (you know who you are.) Now, I enjoy the fun and games of most of it but we have to be careful when throw stones. I just don't see the need for the inflammatory correction and criticism of perceived innappropriate threads/posts. Not on the discussion board anyway.

Tribe4SF
August 27th, 2008, 10:19 PM
But beware when on the MMB, if you are a new poster and inadvertently break one of the coveted "AppLaws" then prepare to be treated like a red-headed step child and be tarred and feathered.

HiHi, I appreciate your post and agree with it for the most part. But it pains me that someone can be jumped on here for what they thought was an important post to them and then be given a lesson in message board etiquette, which is appropriate, by the way, my beef is not with you, yet there are so many on this board who see fit to use juvenile name calling, foul language (even though so cleverly camouflaged with wingdings), adolescent body part references and playground bullying to make a point and they seem to get a pass most of the time (you know who you are.) Now, I enjoy the fun and games of most of it but we have to be careful when throw stones. I just don't see the need for the inflammatory correction and criticism of perceived innappropriate threads/posts. Not on the discussion board anyway.

"Bullying"?!?!?

Oh my!!!xsmiley_wix

HiHiYikas
August 27th, 2008, 10:29 PM

Yeah, things have been kinda tense on the MMB lately. Any room with ASU fans in it is getting pretty crowded these days, and I guess a lot of us like to guard our space selfishly. When it comes to messageboards, though, nobody's as big a jerk as they sometimes come across.

The App Laws need to come with the psychic hotline disclaimer - FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. We all know people who take those hotlines seriously; there's not much difference between them and anyone who's serious about App Laws.

I tend to think that it's probably better to fight among your Mountaineer brethren than to put yourself out there for every Duke, Grizzly, and Panther to criticize.

It's not my job to set the tone for AGS, or to police what counts as thread-worthy. In fact, it's no poster's job. That's why I throw in the xtwocentsx emoticon. Folks can listen to me, or they can start a thread called "Rivers Street Closings" on September 4.

The occasional nastiness is unfortunate. I'm sure it keeps some posters from adding good info to good discussions.

It needs to be said, though, that some of the folks who complain about unneccesary ASU threads make a vaild point.

appfan2008
August 28th, 2008, 07:10 AM
wow this thread sure has gone down the tank...

an honest fan wanted to find out about parking...

got yelled at by fcs nation and other app fans a like...

now its about apps fans site... crazy!

jus10asu
August 28th, 2008, 07:31 AM
WOW xconfusedx I didn't know everyone would start throwing a hissy fit over a quick question. I asked the question on MMB and I never got a worthwhile answer so I thought I would ask a quick question on here because I know you guys knew I could get some correct info. I apologized at the beginning before I even mentioned anything else for it being another App thread but apparently that was pointless. But in all seriousness, if you don't care about the topic then DON'T READ IT!! There is tons of other stuff on the board that I could care less about specificly relating to other schools so I DON'T READ IT. To me..where to park is important because tailgating is part of the whole gameday experience and I've been doin it for 7 years so I'm just tryin to plan the best I can so I can see my boys win 4 in a row.

I apologize to you non-ASU people for wasting 5 minutes of your evening. But as was stated earlier...maybe a visiting fan may find this info usefull when coming to an ASU game.

But yeah our hotdogs are pretty good... I like the bbq sandwiches tooxcoffeex

ASUMountaineer
August 28th, 2008, 08:20 AM
WOW xconfusedx I didn't know everyone would start throwing a hissy fit over a quick question. I asked the question on MMB and I never got a worthwhile answer so I thought I would ask a quick question on here because I know you guys knew I could get some correct info. I apologized at the beginning before I even mentioned anything else for it being another App thread but apparently that was pointless. But in all seriousness, if you don't care about the topic then DON'T READ IT!! There is tons of other stuff on the board that I could care less about specificly relating to other schools so I DON'T READ IT. To me..where to park is important because tailgating is part of the whole gameday experience and I've been doin it for 7 years so I'm just tryin to plan the best I can so I can see my boys win 4 in a row.

I apologize to you non-ASU people for wasting 5 minutes of your evening. But as was stated earlier...maybe a visiting fan may find this info usefull when coming to an ASU game.

But yeah our hotdogs are pretty good... I like the bbq sandwiches tooxcoffeex

Can't go wrong with Woodland's.

ASU88
August 28th, 2008, 09:01 AM
WOW I didn't know everyone would start throwing a hissy fit over a quick question. I asked the question on MMB and I never got a worthwhile answer so I thought I would ask a quick question on here because I know you guys knew I could get some correct info.
I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. You wouldn't get that reaction if it was not regarding ASU. It's OK to have threads on:

-legal troubles of CCU players (multiple)
-new Samford building
-clocks installed at Lafayette
-upgrades at Lamar's stadium
-WCU's playcalling fanbase
-WCU's new helmet
-WCU's updated tailgating procedures
-Tex South's coach guarateeing a win
-TexSouth's stadium
-W&M injury reports
-Colgate's Scott academic issues (2)
-Hofstra's new uniforms?
-nearly every article about JMU in the Harrisonburg paper
-lights being turned on at UMass
-UD's stadium
-UDs ticket sales
-Can you play varsity football at Harvard as a freshman?
-An article on Nichols being hungry for success (who isn't?)
-NW State's new scoreboard
-URI new unis
-several about a particular school opening camp
-availability of Liberty TV coverage
-SC State scrimmage footage

None of these threads bothered me a bit. But, I guess if I wanted to complain (and add a few posts to my post count) I could come on here and gripe about how they belonged on each school's own web site.

Or I could just find that, though related to FCS in some way, I'm not interested and simply move along.

jus10asu
August 28th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Yeah I guess I should throw the wamburgers on the grill and start handing them out. I never saw such a reaction coming. Didn't know it would turn out to be a such a popular topic.

ASUMountaineer
August 28th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Yeah I guess I should throw the wamburgers on the grill and start handing them out. I never saw such a reaction coming. Didn't know it would turn out to be a such a popular topic.

Get some french cries. I love that movie. xnodx