PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Offseason: Georgetown

Lehigh Football Nation
August 27th, 2008, 11:26 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/08/patriot-league-offseason-georgetown.html

My analysis of the offseason of *your* Georgetown Hoyas.

DFW HOYA
August 27th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Extended comments to follow, but one point: I don't expect David King to play QB. He is listed as a WR on his bio, which doesn't even mention his QB experience. That, and not a lot of signal-callers wear #89.

That leaves six QB's on the depth chart (behind a average 260 lb. offensive line), none of whom have led a down in college. Carney, your thoughts? xlolx

http://guhoyas.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/king_david00.html

Lehigh Football Nation
August 27th, 2008, 12:20 PM
That's really bizarre that he isn't even in the mix, when he's basically a made-to-order spread option QB! I'm shocked.

Maybe they just like Tucker Stafford better... Oh well, time to edit :D

DFW HOYA
August 27th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I don't know who's in the two-deep, and we probably won't know until a few days before the 9/6 opener. Maybe GU said something about this at PL Media Day, maybe they didn't.

That a PL team has that much of a question mark as late as August 27 may be the point, not trying to figure out the starter with the better high school press clippings. (Anyone remember Ben Hostetler?)

LBPop
August 27th, 2008, 12:48 PM
You were oh so kind, LFN. Barring the emergence of a few amazing freshmen, this figures to be a long season for the Hoyas. Sure hope I'm wrong--I now have to pay to go to these games. xrolleyesx

carney2
August 27th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Extended comments to follow

Carney, your thoughts? xlolx

As long as you asked:

This year's freshman class is about the brightest spot that I remember for the Hoyas since they joined the Patriot League. It's not a cure-all group. It doesn't address many of the most pressing needs. It does however, have some folks with real potential. Despite LFN's nice-nice comments about previous groups tantalizing the fan base, I was never all that enthralled with many Hoyas not playing DE. This group represents a legitimate step forward.

Will this translate into more than one win (if they lose to Marist, the entire squad will be forced to skinny dip in the goose dung infested reflecting pool on the Mall on New Year's Eve)? With Yale, Penn and Richmond as OOCs, it will almost have to be a League game - or Howard - that gets the Hoyas to 2 wins. Do I hear 3?

ngineer
August 27th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Nice article on a tough subject. We keep scratching our heads about G'town thinking that this year it will begin. I remember Lembo telling me 7 years ago that he saw the Hoyas as the 'sleeping giant'. That with their great academic reputation and location they should be able to recruit well so long as they invested sufficient.