View Full Version : NDSU scheduling UND?

IABison
August 26th, 2008, 03:47 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=212776

North Dakota’s two largest universities will eventually renew their athletics rivalry, North Dakota State University President Joseph Chapman said Tuesday.

Speaking with The Forum’s editorial board, Chapman said: “At some point, we will begin to play them (University of North Dakota). I’m confident of that.”

Chapman’s comments reinforce similar sentiments made in recent months by NDSU Athletics Director Gene Taylor and UND President Robert Kelley.

Chapman said he routinely talks on the phone with Kelley.

NDSU and UND are in different places in their transition to Division I athletics, with NDSU now able to compete for national championships and UND just starting its multi-year transition period from Division II to Division I.

Chapman said scheduling UND for football will be more problematic than other sports because of the limited number of available nonconference games and how those games count toward potential playoff games.

“We’re in a different place football-wise,” Chapman said. “In football, we’re a powerhouse, and we want to stay there.”

Doesn't seem to me that he's ready to renew the football rivalry just yet... what say you, MPLS?

TexasTerror
August 26th, 2008, 04:03 PM
It does not seem like this is anything new...seems to be the same old stuff.

And before we even breach this subject further...no, this game will not take place in Minneapolis and yes, SHSU is hosting NDSU in 2009...

stevdock
August 26th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Can we just lock this thread now before it starts again??

Thundering_Herd
August 26th, 2008, 04:11 PM
*****! Not this again!
xmadx xmadx xmadx

DSUrocks07
August 26th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Can we just lock this thread now before it starts again??

give IABison a break...he's a newb around these parts xlolx xlolx xlolx

Go Bison
August 26th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Mods, feel free to move this to the smack forum because we all know that is where this will eventually end up.

mksioux
August 26th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I agree that he doesn't really say anything new. It's pretty obvious the schools are going to start playing each other in sports other than football. The schedules are manageable and the schools are so close to each other that it makes too much financial sense not to play each other. Football has always been the question mark and the sport people seem to care about the most -- one way or the other.

I don't see anything in these latest comments worth bickering about.....but I'm sure it will happen anyway.

TheBisonator
August 26th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Someone's eventually going to say something in this thread that the other side won't take kindly to, and well... You know where it goes. Same old song and dance.

Houndawg
August 26th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Doesn't seem to me that he's ready to renew the football rivalry just yet... what say you, MPLS?

He's going to be even less ready after they visit Carbondale.:D

dakotadan
August 26th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I look forward to the volleyball teams, basketball teams, softball teams, soccer teams, etc. meeting in the next year or two. They will be fun games to go to.

The football teams will meet up when the football teams meet up. I'll wait until the two presidents decide it's the right time.

SteelCurtain
August 26th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Which is probably never going to happen. Too many people with a lot of money do not want that game to happen..

Great west basketball conference..nice!!! That has to be the sorriest collection of Basketball teams ever assembled.

dakotadan
August 27th, 2008, 07:46 PM
^
^
^
This is the reason that all of these threads go wrong.

darell1976
August 27th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I would rather wait til the Sioux are done with their transition in 2012 to play the Bison instead of playing this early. That way its a more fair ground. Plus both teams would be playing for a chance at a national title right now the Sioux are playing for pride, and a GWFC title. I wonder if they will play for the nickel or retire that along with the Sitting Bull Trophy.

BisBison
August 27th, 2008, 09:10 PM
What nickel????