PDA

View Full Version : Northern Arizona in 2008...playoffs?

Jacks76
August 26th, 2008, 01:48 PM
How will the Jacks fair in 2008? Will they make the playoffs for the first time since 2003?

They play at FBS #15 Arizona State to begin the season.

Paul

JALMOND
August 26th, 2008, 02:21 PM
With conference games at both EWU and Montana I don't see it happening. The Jacks will need to split those to have even a slight chance.

The big problem might be finding someone for Kriesen to throw to. You can't replace someone like Watson overnight.

Jacks76
August 26th, 2008, 02:40 PM
The Jacks do have Skyler Moore at WR, who is listed at 6 foot 2. They also have Shaun Fitzpatrick (sp?), the large TE.

Paul

grizband
August 26th, 2008, 02:53 PM
And their vaunted pass rush...!xrotatehx

Jacks76
August 26th, 2008, 02:56 PM
You will see the return of the vaunted pass rush this season, griz. Most likely against the Griz!

Paul

89Hen
August 26th, 2008, 03:01 PM
And their vaunted pass rush...!xrotatehx
xlolx Good recall band. :p

Jacks76
August 26th, 2008, 03:34 PM
The Jacks have 5 starters back on offense and 4 on defense. Which is pretty good, when you really think about it.

Paul

catbob
August 26th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Jacks always have decent teams, and when they put it all together they are a very dangerous team. I think Kriessen needs to improve his throwing ability before the Jacks make a run at the playoffs.

Jacks76
August 26th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Lance has improved in that area, but I believe he's being pushed for playing time right now. Could be a different starter for NAU to start the season.

Paul

Jacks76
August 26th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Jacks always have decent teams, and when they put it all together they are a very dangerous team. I think Kriessen needs to improve his throwing ability before the Jacks make a run at the playoffs.

Kriessen has improved his throwing ability in camp. He's making better decisions with the football now. So he's a better pure passer than before, and of course, he can run like the wind blows.

Paul

mvemjsunpx
August 26th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Will they make the playoffs for the first time since 2003?

No, they won't.

They might get a winning record, but the playoffs are pretty much out of the question. The spread option rushing attack & special teams are good, but there are too many questions in the passing game & on the D-Line. Also, if Henderson or Kriesien get hurt, the 'Jacks are likely screwed.

I'm predicting 3-5 BSC, 5-6 overall

(wins: vs. Portland St., vs. Sac State, @ Idaho St., vs. NM Highlands, @ Southern Utah)
(losses: @ EWU, vs. Weber, @ Montana, vs. Montana St., @ Northern Colorado, @ Arizona St.)

Jacks76
August 26th, 2008, 09:47 PM
No way do the Jacks lose to Northern Colorado or Weber. That alone bumps their record to 7-4.

Paul

mvemjsunpx
August 26th, 2008, 11:05 PM
No way do the Jacks lose to Northern Colorado or Weber. That alone bumps their record to 7-4.

Paul

Huh? UNC is improved & the game is away from the dome, so a Bear win is certainly plausible. Weber should be one of the top 3 teams in the conference, so I would consider them a favorite even in Flagstaff. The Wildcats also should have a good run defense, which doesn't give NAU's offense a particularly good matchup.

already123
August 27th, 2008, 12:18 PM
No way in hell the jacks lose to UNC....

Grizaholic17
August 27th, 2008, 12:20 PM
THe Jacks should surprise a few teams. I'm looking forward to Weber-NAU and EWU-NAU! I can't wait for you guys to come to WGS. :)