PDA

View Full Version : Plans for Saturday

appmaj
August 25th, 2008, 03:16 PM
What plans does everyone have for Saturday?

I am (unfortunately) watching the Appalachian State/LSU game on TV outside of the UNC/McNesse Sate game.

Got tickets to the UNC game but would much rather watch App State on TV.

mcveyrl
August 25th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Either Friday night or early Sat. morning, the wife and I are driving to Charlotte. We're meeting my old roomate and his wife at their house in Charlotte and driving to Durham.

Tailgating before the game, hopefully watch a JMU win, then drive back to Charlotte.

ASUG8
August 25th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I'll be parked at JP Looney's in High Point, NC with the wife and some friends. We'd welcome some non-purple company if you're in the area.xthumbsupx

appstate38
August 25th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Just found out my son's Pop Warner game starts @ 5:00 on Saturday. Oh well, hopefully it will still be a good one in the second half. Maybe LSU can stay close!xsmiley_wix

danefan
August 25th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Drink. Watch some college football. Drink. Listen to the radio broadcast of the UMass/Albany game at 6pm!

My brother-in-law is on leave for a few weeks so we'll get him all blasted up while he's in the states.

Big BBQ on Sunday! Chicken pits, bushel of clams to bake, smoking some ribs......Can't wait!

biggie
August 25th, 2008, 03:29 PM
In BR trying not to have a heat stroke or alcohol posioning.

SunCoastBlueHen
August 25th, 2008, 03:31 PM
For the second season in a row, the Hen's opener falls on my anniversary. I'll probably catch most of the first half on ESPNU and then DVR the rest while my wife and I enjoy a night out somewhere.

Old Cage
August 25th, 2008, 03:32 PM
At UMass we have our first game with permanent lights. We had good attendance success with an experiment with rented lights in recent years.

The game is at six, but the long-range forecast is for thunderstorms, which usually hit The Valley at about five. We have a group with plans for longer tailgating than the one o'clock games, but I guess we might have to be nimble.

Labor Day weekend is certainly not football time in New England, so I have no idea how many will show, no matter what the weather.

Eaglesrus
August 25th, 2008, 03:47 PM
After driving to Athens, GA, Friday night we'll get up and meet some friends for an early breakfast. Have a bloody mary (or two......) wander around town/campus, then head to the stadium for the 12:30 kick-off. Proceed to get baked in the nosebleed section while pulling for the miracle upset.

Bull Fan
August 25th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Catching the Stony Brook - Colgate matchup in the afternoon, after taking in the Hofstra - UConn game on Thursday night. It's all about football.

Philly Phoenix Phan
August 25th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Man weekend in Myrtle. Golf (drink) all day, antagonize a few Coastal fans (Penn State's my FBS team), perhaps consume some more alcoholic beverages, watch the ESPN bottomline for Elon updates while drinking, and then maybe peruse a few gentleman's establishments. I don't know if there'll be enough time. xnodx

brownbear
August 25th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Watching football on Thursday night, going to a HS game on Friday night, and then watching football all day on Saturday!! Then, I have a 7 am flight on Sunday morning up to Boston to get back to school. I'm not looking forward to waking up at 4 am to get down to the airport.

Only three and a half weeks till Brown football!!!

OLDMAIN80
August 25th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Leaving LA Saturday morning for the 6.5 hour drive to Wofford. Check into the hotel and pick up tailgating supplies on the way to the stadium. Friends are bringing a satellite setup so we can watch App St and LSU in the parking lot. Kickoff at 700 pm so I will be in the seats ready for the season to begin. Drive back to LA Sunday morning.

CharlestonAppFan
August 25th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Meeting the App contingency down here in Chucktown at King Street Grille in Mt. Pleasant xnodx Anyone one who wants to come down, you are more than welcome xthumbsupx

McNeeserocket
August 25th, 2008, 04:15 PM

I am (unfortunately) watching the Appalachian State/LSU game on TV outside of the UNC/McNesse Sate game.

I will be watching the McNeese/UNC game in the UNC stadium. I am flying out of Lake Charles on Friday morning and getting to Raliegh around noon. I believe McNeese will probably bring at least a 100 to 200 fans to be at the game. I think some McNeese fans are bringing their RVs to tailgate. I am sure the food at our tailgate will be better than anything NC fans are serving!

If you want to meet up with some of the McNeese fans before the game, email me at [email protected] and I can tell you how to find us in the tailgate area.

BarefootApp
August 25th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Looks like I will be dodging another dadgum hurricane, but, short of that...glued to the tube for ASU. Pray for no power outages!

poly51
August 25th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Going to San Diego for big Cal Poly Tail Gate Saturday afternoon and Cal Poly vs San Diego State at Qualcom Stadium Saturday night.

BarefootApp
August 25th, 2008, 04:31 PM
btw, App's student ticket allotment for LSU sold out in 39 minutes. Good job, APPS!

rjg129
August 25th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Since i cant make it to Red Stick, LA, I will be at Fox & Hound all day watching football

appmaj
August 25th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I will be watching the McNeese/UNC game in the UNC stadium. I am flying out of Lake Charles on Friday morning and getting to Raliegh around noon. I believe McNeese will probably bring at least a 100 to 200 fans to be at the game. I think some McNeese fans are bringing their RVs to tailgate. I am sure the food at our tailgate will be better than anything NC fans are serving!

If you want to meet up with some of the McNeese fans before the game, email me at [email protected] and I can tell you how to find us in the tailgate area.

Have you been to a game in Chapel Hill before? it is not the best for tailgating.
I'll be around but probably mostly downtown at Bub's withmore App State fans.

AtlantaMountaineer
August 25th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I will be at the Mountaineer Tailgate party in Baton Rouge and then on to the game to cheer on my Apps.

uofmman1122
August 25th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Working all day, so I won't catch ASU - LSU, but it's no biggie. xlolx

Griz don't play this weekend, so I'll just wait for next weekend. xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
August 25th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I will be at my house with about 20-30 other App fans watching the game projected on the back of my house. Ribs, boston butt roast, chicken, mac n cheese, baked beans, fried okra and of course, a keg. Go APPS!

ASUMountaineer
August 25th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I'll be parked at JP Looney's in High Point, NC with the wife and some friends. We'd welcome some non-purple company if you're in the area.xthumbsupx

Awesome, I used to live in Trinity. Go APPS!

PantherRob82
August 25th, 2008, 04:54 PM
For the second season in a row, the Hen's opener falls on my anniversary. I'll probably catch most of the first half on ESPNU and then DVR the rest while my wife and I enjoy a night out somewhere.

Another reason not to have weddings during football season. xrolleyesx

AppStsGr8
August 25th, 2008, 05:00 PM
We'll be at the Mountaineer Tailgate at LSU and then will be cheering like mad for our Mountaineers.

PantherRob82
August 25th, 2008, 05:00 PM
My wife, mother-in-law, and 12 yo brother-in-law leave for BYU Wed night. Driving straight thru. 17 hrs. Wasting time til Saturday. Drinking a couple of ice cold tall milks. Going to the game. Driving back.

Uncle Buck
August 25th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I'll be with Bull Fan Thursday for the Hofstra at UConn game and then taking in the Colgate at Stony Brook tilt on Saturday.

bobbythekidd
August 25th, 2008, 05:20 PM
If anyone could post the TV schedule of the games for Saturday with channel and time, I would appreciate it. I want to set my DVR for record the good match-ups. I will be attending the GSU/UGA that day. Thanks.

ASUG8
August 25th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Meeting the App contingency down here in Chucktown at King Street Grille in Mt. Pleasant xnodx Anyone one who wants to come down, you are more than welcome xthumbsupx

I was probably with you last year for the UM game - is King Street Grill the Big Ten bar?

ASU88
August 25th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I live about a mile from that spot. Watched quite a few games there. Might end up there, too. I have a FFL draft after lunch. After that, my friend and I will be going out to watch that game, and that is just as likely a spot as anywhere else.

APPALACHIANstate
August 25th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Watching Appalachian vs. LSU on TV!

I can't wait. I went to get all my books today and checked out the stadium, looks awesome.

DTSpider
August 25th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Will be making the short trip to Elon.

ASU88
August 25th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Will be making the short trip to Elon.

You'll enjoy that. Elon is a very quaint little town and their stadium is a VERY nice place to catch a game.

Been to the last two Elon/ASU games at Elon as it's only 20 min from my house.

Touchdown Yosef
August 25th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I will be in the same bar, at the same table, (we already reserved it) wearing the same clothes, with the same people, and drinking the same beer. Hopefully my little superstitions will produce a similar outcome... but we'll see.

Old Cage
August 25th, 2008, 07:35 PM
For bobby that wanted the tv schedule:

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=the-complete-fcs-composite-tv-schedule&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Seawolf97
August 25th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Will be at Stonybrook for our game with Colgate. Should be a good one!

psc2445
August 25th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I'm heading out to Columbia, SC thursday after lunch to catch the NCSU vs USC game Thursday night. Driving to Charlotte and staying the night to fly out at 7:30 am friday to Baton Rouge for the ASU vs LSU game. Probably going to hang out in Nawlins friday and head back to BR for the game saturday. Flying home sunday, and heading back to Winston Salem for a early monday golf game, followed by a labor day party with plenty of refreshments and football. Overall a pretty nice little Labor day weekend. An impressive showing in BR could make it an unbelievable long weekend. Gonna have fun either way

bobbythekidd
August 25th, 2008, 07:41 PM
For bobby that wanted the tv schedule:

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=the-complete-fcs-composite-tv-schedule&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
Thanks! ...and it's Bob dammit!xmadx

Seawolf97
August 25th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I'll be with Bull Fan Thursday for the Hofstra at UConn game and then taking in the Colgate at Stony Brook tilt on Saturday.

Thanks for planning to stop bye Saturdayxpeacex

Grizo406
August 25th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Watching the ASU vs LSU game, drinking beer, praying for a miracle, and dropping a ton of "F" bombs before and after the afore mentioned prayers!

I'd love to see the Mountaineers beat the Tigers for a variety of reason! Not because I'm a fan of their football program, but because of all the threads & posts it will generate on AGS.

Go on with your bad self, ASU, and get this thing done, will ya'?!!?xthumbsupx

Hoseinexile07
August 25th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Driving up to Clinton Friday after class, hopefully getting there in time to see the second half of the PC/Wofford soccer game. School work 'till about 3:00am, and then Saturday afternoon I'm headed to Sparkle City to tailgate and try to cheer Presbyterian on to an upset against Wofford.

elon77
August 25th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Take one of my chillins to Elon from Va. and watch her Mother and Sister carry her things to the second floor while I Supervise and rest up for the game. Will meet up with old(getting older) friends before the game to have a little grub and spirits and then watch a pretty good matchup. I can't wait.

WWII
August 25th, 2008, 08:50 PM
1st round of a golf tournament in the morning, then Drive to Amherst to watch UMass Albany.

Grizalltheway
August 25th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Bye week for the Griz, thankfully, since I'll be moving into my new apartment. Will try to catch ASU/LSU if I can.

slycat
August 25th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I'm headed to San Antonio on Friday to see some old friends. Saturday I'll be playing disc golf, tailgating, and bringing a Baylor grad and SHSU grad to the Texas State home opener. I'll try to catch part of the LSU/App butt whooping.

Cobblestone
August 25th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I will be ushering in a new era of URI football and watching the Darren Rizzi led Rams defeat Monmouth.

GO COACH RIZZI!

hippy@GSU
August 25th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Already posted this once. Well, a friend who has never been to any ballgame(but loves football), a seasoned GSU fan, my girlfriend, and I will make our long awaited journey to Athens at about 6am saturday morning. My two friends will drive a backup vehicle and my girlfriend and I will drive the ERK-MOBILE!!! What is the ERK-MOBILE you ask? It is a 1989 Isuzu pickup with 200,000 miles and no A/C. I painted it 2 tone Blue/White and had two huge 20" Eagle logo stickers made for each door. Various magnets and other stickers are placed randomly on the truck along with a 3'x5' flag that is attached to a flag pole in the bed of the truck. It is my official over-the-top TAILGATER. When we get to Athens we will look for parking and meet up with a few other GSU fans before the game. After a few Landsharks, Colt 45's, and Hamburgers we will make our way to the stadium. The moment we find our seats we will sit down to witness the BIGGEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL UPSET OF ALL TIME!!!!!! At that time I will proceed to make my way to ground level to jump on Sanford stadiums goalposts hoping to cause their downfall. After we GSU fans rip down the goal posts, my friends and I will drag them out of Sanford with the ERK-MOBILE all the way to Statesboro!!! Bad pic, but you get the pointxpeacex

AppState
August 25th, 2008, 09:20 PM
TV (for bobbythekidd)

http://mattsarz44017.tripod.com/football2008.html

ericsaid
August 25th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Awesome, I used to live in Trinity. Go APPS!

Awesome, I was born in High Point and lived in Archdale.xcoffeex

CharlestonAppFan
August 25th, 2008, 10:38 PM
I was probably with you last year for the UM game - is King Street Grill the Big Ten bar?

Not really a Big 10 bar but they do play Ohio State games there a lot...then again it seems that every person down here is from that freakin state! xnonono2x Anyway, there was a few us there last year and I remember speaking to one guy the whole time, about my height (5'11" or so) dark hair, had an ASU hat on I believe, and stood the whole time with me near the corner of the bar pacing back and forth and high fiving about every chance we could. Was that you? If so, get your behind down here again! xlolx It worked last year ya know. :D

UNCBears2010
August 25th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I'll just chill at home and watch some college football. UNC doesn't start 'til next week. xsmhx xnonono2x

Big Dawg
August 25th, 2008, 11:38 PM
On Saturday I will wake up in time(depending on how late I stay out on Friday xlolx ) to watch College Gameday and read the sports page. Then around noon I will catch the first wave of football games. Around 3:30 I will head to Bragg Stadium for the Florida A&M vs. Alabama State game at 6. I will walk around outside the stadium and find some bbq and chill for a little bit. Then I'll go into the locker room and put on my costume, yeah I'm the mascot this year, who would've thought that would happen xlolx. Then I'll act an azz and watch FAMU beat ASUxnodx . Then I'll go home an watch the remainder of Saturday's football games and then go to a party.

TheValleyRaider
August 25th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Flipping through games on TV all day until 5 local time, when Colgate-Stony Brook kicks off xnodx

ISP here doesn't do ESPN360, so I'm stuck on AGS for any FCS scores

I'm debating getting the video for the Stony Brook game. Wouldn't be a debate if I didn't already get radio for free, but it is the first game... xchinscratchx

KiddBrewer
August 26th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Watching the ASU vs LSU game, drinking beer, praying for a miracle, and dropping a ton of "F" bombs before and after the afore mentioned prayers!

I'd love to see the Mountaineers beat the Tigers for a variety of reason! Not because I'm a fan of their football program, but because of all the threads & posts it will generate on AGS.

Go on with your bad self, ASU, and get this thing done, will ya'?!!?xthumbsupx

i got a gut feeling........

win, lose, or draw.......

its gonna generate a good many threads........xcoffeex

KiddBrewer
August 26th, 2008, 01:43 AM
oh, and on the topic at hand.....

me and my roommates are having a pretty good crowd of friends over at our apartment starting around 12 or 1, at which time cold beer drinking will begin (at a slow rate; im GOING TO remember every minute of this game, regardless of outcome). we'll probably grill some steaks or ribs or something like that and, depending on the outcome.......either tear stuff apart throughout boone cause we won, or cry ourselves to sleep in a puddle of beer and tears.........

hopefully, option 1.

go app, i seriously cant wait, class this week is going to BLOW!.

xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

KiddBrewer
August 26th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Already posted this once. Well, a friend who has never been to any ballgame(but loves football), a seasoned GSU fan, my girlfriend, and I will make our long awaited journey to Athens at about 6am saturday morning. My two friends will drive a backup vehicle and my girlfriend and I will drive the ERK-MOBILE!!! What is the ERK-MOBILE you ask? It is a 1989 Isuzu pickup with 200,000 miles and no A/C. I painted it 2 tone Blue/White and had two huge 20" Eagle logo stickers made for each door. Various magnets and other stickers are placed randomly on the truck along with a 3'x5' flag that is attached to a flag pole in the bed of the truck. It is my official over-the-top TAILGATER. When we get to Athens we will look for parking and meet up with a few other GSU fans before the game. After a few Landsharks, Colt 45's, and Hamburgers we will make our way to the stadium. The moment we find our seats we will sit down to witness the BIGGEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL UPSET OF ALL TIME!!!!!! At that time I will proceed to make my way to ground level to jump on Sanford stadiums goalposts hoping to cause their downfall. After we GSU fans rip down the goal posts, my friends and I will drag them out of Sanford with the ERK-MOBILE all the way to Statesboro!!! Bad pic, but you get the pointxpeacex

how bout this?

the erk mobile does look solid as a rock though i gotta say.

813Jag
August 26th, 2008, 06:19 AM
On Saturday I will wake up in time(depending on how late I stay out on Friday xlolx ) to watch College Gameday and read the sports page. Then around noon I will catch the first wave of football games. Around 3:30 I will head to Bragg Stadium for the Florida A&M vs. Alabama State game at 6. I will walk around outside the stadium and find some bbq and chill for a little bit. Then I'll go into the locker room and put on my costume, yeah I'm the mascot this year, who would've thought that would happen xlolx. Then I'll act an azz and watch FAMU beat ASUxnodx . Then I'll go home an watch the remainder of Saturday's football games and then go to a party.
They need to get you a better suit. xlolx But seriously that's pretty cool, being a snake with legs. xlolx

As for myself I'll be spending the weekend in Orlando, hopefully I can catch the UCF/SCSU game or the SWAC/MEAC Challenge. If not I'll be watching football at somebodies sports bar.

SunCoastBlueHen
August 26th, 2008, 07:53 AM

Another reason not to have weddings during football season. xrolleyesx

Agreed. However, you would figure that the anniversary thing should only come into play about once every seven years. Then the Hens had to back up a Thurday night 2007 opener with a Saturday afternoon 2008 opener, both of which fell on the 30th. xmadx :)

andy7171
August 26th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Meeting a bunch of my boys at a park-n-ride in Annapolis @11am to have a couple pre-noon beers, catch the shuttle over to Navy-Marine Corps Stadium for a Towson Alumni Pre-game Tent party @1pm, head in to the stadium to see the brigade march in and the fly over @3pm. Kick off at 3:30!

Uncle Buck
August 26th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Thanks for planning to stop bye Saturdayxpeacex

I'll be hitting a few SBU games this year. The Elon game as well as another 1 or 2 when HU is away and not on tv.

appfan2008
August 26th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Just hanging out in the morning counting down the time until 500 when the wife and i will watch asu/lsu... after the game we will head over to catch the end of the duke/jmu game where my brother will be in the duke game and my parents and both sets of grandparents will be watching...

GeeWiz
August 26th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I just got Directv in June so I'm parking my ass on the couch all day Saturday!

Plan to watch Maine-Iowa on BTN, Delaware-Maryland on ESPNU, 'Nova-West Virginia on SNY and Towson-Navy on CBS-CST! Four CAA games on the tube in one day? Can't beat that!

I'll obviously watch FBS football mixed in as well. NU plays Ball State this Thursday, so I have a free day of football.

Good luck to all of the teams in FCS! xthumbsupx

Eaglesrus
August 26th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks! ...and it's Bob dammit!xmadx

So, Bob dammit, when are you heading for Athens?

hippy@GSU
August 26th, 2008, 02:07 PM
how bout this?

the erk mobile does look solid as a rock though i gotta say.

Thanks! Yours looks to be a well built machine as well. We should race before the GSU/ASU game as a predictor. Just Kiddn! Good luck ASU!! GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

ASU83
August 26th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Leaving Greensboro after HS game Friday night, driving straight through with 5 others. Hope to be there by 11:00 their time. Find someplace to tailgate and party with fellow App fans and Tiger fans. Drink massive quantities. Endure 'Tiger Bait' chants. Enjoy the game however it ends. Run around BR afterwards. Sleep sometime, then drive to Hotlanta and see what trouble we can find Sunday night. Come back Monday, go to work Tuesday feeling like crap. I love labor day weekend!

asucraig33
August 26th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Drinking, then going to Legend's in Boone for the game. Wish I could go, but hey, watching at Legend's worked against that other team we beat last year... xlolx

813Jag
August 26th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Leaving Greensboro after HS game Friday night, driving straight through with 5 others. Hope to be there by 11:00 their time. Find someplace to tailgate and party with fellow App fans and Tiger fans. Drink massive quantities. Endure 'Tiger Bait' chants. Enjoy the game however it ends. Run around BR afterwards. Sleep sometime, then drive to Hotlanta and see what trouble we can find Sunday night. Come back Monday, go to work Tuesday feeling like crap. I love labor day weekend!
If you're looking to party in Baton Rouge, hang around the areas near LSU. But be careful, lots of trouble to be had in the Red Stick.

bisonwest
August 26th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I absolutely cannot wait to watch the App/LSU game. On saturday we're all Mountaineers! Do us proud!

furman94
August 26th, 2008, 05:12 PM
get there at 3, make pilgrimage around campus, stop at bookstore, go to tailgate at 4, see the Dins win at 7 :D!

slostang
August 26th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I will be doing what all good Mustangs should be doing. That is driving south to San Diego to tailgate and watch the Mustangs take it to San Diego State. Then heading out on the town, San Diego, to celebrate. I can not wait.

89Hen
August 26th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Heading to the Delaware/Maryland game around noon with the wife, kids, sister and her husband. Three Hens and two future Hens. xsmiley_wix Going to tape the AppSt game and try to avoid hearing the score. Also will try avoiding the burning couches in College Park after the Hens beat the Twerps. Sorry, LBPop, your boys are going down. :p

g-webb1994
August 26th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Yeah 89Hen, hope to have the remote flipping between the end of your game and the Appy game. I will also watch the first ten minutes of NG-Liberty to see how they shape up.

Of course, I'll listen to my boys Thursday night on the radio. Real toss-up of a game up at Tennessee Tech.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
August 26th, 2008, 06:58 PM
My wife, mother-in-law, and 12 yo brother-in-law leave for BYU Wed night. Driving straight thru. 17 hrs. Wasting time til Saturday. Drinking a couple of ice cold tall milks. Going to the game. Driving back.

Fire me off an email on Friday evening and we'll find something other than Milk for you to drink ;-)

g-webb1994
August 26th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Fire me off an email on Friday evening and we'll find something other than Milk for you to drink ;-)

Must be a closet Indianapolis 500 fan. Never have really understood that...drive in a car at 200+ mph for three hours, risking life and limb, then drinking milk when you win? I'd barf.

bobbythekidd
August 26th, 2008, 07:12 PM
So, Bob dammit, when are you heading for Athens?
Around 6 AM from my mom's house in ATL. How about you?

appchuck
August 26th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Leaving around 7:30 am Friday to Baton Rouge. I will try to find a game to go to on Saturday, I have that afternoon free, so hopefully there will be a football game going on somewhere around there. If anyone knows of a football game going on Saturday in Baton Rouge please let me know.

Jiggs
August 26th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Thursday - at the Samford - West Georgia game
Friday - high school football
Saturday - at the Auburn - La/Monroe game

bobbythekidd
August 26th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Thursday - at the Samford - West Georgia game
Friday - high school football
Saturday - at the Auburn - La/Monroe game
Big weekend of football right there.

Eaglesrus
August 27th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Around 6 AM from my mom's house in ATL. How about you?

We should get to the Holiday Inn on Broad Street in Athens at about 8:30Friday night. Not particularly looking forward to the drive up, but once we get there we should be within walking distance of everything.

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Heading to the Delaware/Maryland game around noon with the wife, kids, sister and her husband. Three Hens and two future Hens. xsmiley_wix Going to tape the AppSt game and try to avoid hearing the score. Also will try avoiding the burning couches in College Park after the Hens beat the Twerps. Sorry, LBPop, your boys are going down. :p

i dont know how much ud is bringing back but mary sure doesnt scare me this year... that should be a winnable game for you guys...

Tribe4SF
August 27th, 2008, 08:20 AM
I'll be at James River Elementary at 12:30 to see the Williamsburg Hornets Gold Midgets take on the Hampton Tornados. Go Gold!!!xthumbsupx

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=wyfcl

After that I'll be on the web following everybody who's lucky enough to be playing this week. Go CAA!!!xthumbsupx

Dawg2Rhody
August 27th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Redskins Thursday
High School Football (Stone Bridge begins defense of state title) Friday
Rhody Saturday! Please make it a Happy Birthday to me!

bluehenbillk
August 27th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Getting to the parking lot at Bryd Stadium in College Park, MD around 12:30pm to begin the tailgating festivities.

GO HENS!!!

Tribe4SF
August 27th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Redskins Thursday
High School Football (Stone Bridge begins defense of state title) Friday
Rhody Saturday! Please make it a Happy Birthday to me!

Happy B'Day!!!

Speaking of Stone Bridge, Ryan Moody looking good for the Tribe. Probably going to redshirt, but he's got a bright future with us.

Bearvision
August 27th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I'll be driving up to St. Louis to hang out with a bunch of college buddies, introducing them to my girlfriend etc. while I see my friend's new son.

Friday is going out and drinking, while Saturday will consist of my buddy firing up his HD projection tv, that is amazing. we'll watch all the big games on it, drink, bbq, and have the computer up to hop around on ESPN360 and keep up with the scores of FCS etc.

Can't wait!

SoCon48
August 27th, 2008, 10:59 AM

I couldn't even sit in the Chancellor's box at UNC if an App game was on.

FUmanchu
August 27th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Arrive on Furman campus at approximately 3:00. Park the car in the usual spot. Begin imbibing. Spend the next two hours in the same position. At 5:00, palms begin sweating as I wonder if ASU can do it again. At 6:00, remember that I am not there for the ASU game and promptly begin getting way too excited for the FU game. Vow not to ask about the ASU score because we need to win our own game. At 6:03, forget my vow and ask about the ASU score. At 6:45, make my way into The Dungeon for Sir Paladin's entrance on a gigantic white horse with flags a'flyin. Pass the next three hours alternating between standing and yelling as FU reels off an endless string of touchdowns, and checking my phone for ASU updates. Included in this time frame will be at least 10 instances of me telling Clemson fans to put the cows away, pack up the Griswold family station wagon, and pony up for gas to Atlanta if they care so friggin much about that game. After a decisive FU win, go to car and resume initial position. Forget that ASU even played as I head downtown. A G-Vegas Saturday night at its finest!

trouthunter
August 27th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Sit and wait until next Saturday. I will see what other games I can find, or perhaps log on and read what is going on across the rest of AGS Nation.