PDA

View Full Version : Rhode Island finds their way into Circuit City flyer

Marcus Garvey
August 24th, 2008, 11:30 PM
As I was perusing the flyers in the Sunday paper this morning, I noticed that the football uniforms in the action shots for the Circuit City flyer looked familiar:

http://circuitcity.shoplocal.com/circuitcity/Default.aspx?action=browsepageflash&storeid=2396900&rapid=579496&pagenumber=1&prvid=CircuitCity-080824&promotioncode=CircuitCity-080824

It's nice to see a football player other than that 25 year old Boston Breaker shot.

Husky Alum
August 25th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Someone (and I think it may have been on the CAAZone board) mentioned that someone at Circuit City (based in Richmond) used to go to a CAA school and worked out a deal with the league to use CAA photos in the ads.

There are pictures of JMU and UMass in recent flyers as well.

Kosty
August 25th, 2008, 09:11 AM
UMass had all the pictures last week that Rhody got this week. I'm wondering if Circuit City will rotate each CAA team in to the flyer each week. You can see the flyer online at www.circuitcity.com.

Kymermosst
August 25th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Makes me wish I didn't hate Circuit City so much...

Ram Ball
August 25th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Someone (and I think it may have been on the CAAZone board) mentioned that someone at Circuit City (based in Richmond) used to go to a CAA school and worked out a deal with the league to use CAA photos in the ads.

that's a creative marketing deal.....I like it

Marcus Garvey
August 25th, 2008, 02:28 PM
that's a creative marketing deal.....I like it

Eh... I don't really think it's marketing the CAA. More like just a cool thing to do to possibly give the conference teams some negligible exposure.

I suspect I was one of maybe 3 readers of the Arizona Republic that recognized the pics as being URI. 99.99% of people perusing the flyers don't notice the pics.

I still think it's cool though.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
August 25th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Circuit City is Richmond-based, which is also home to the CAA. Come basketball season you will find VCU, GMU, and ODU being used in ads for TVs showcasing basketball.

It doesn't do a lot, but subliminal messages can be powerful in the end. And it's nice to see some otherwise "local" teams being used for national ads.