PDA

View Full Version : Harvard Fans....

GGASU
August 23rd, 2008, 02:05 AM
This is a stupid question...but all of the LSU fans seem to think that you can't play Varsity football at Harvard as a freshman.

Please respond.

bonarae
August 23rd, 2008, 05:47 AM
All players, even freshmen, have the chance to play in varsity football for the Crimson. Though we do have JV, the JV plays on different days and have fewer games.

Some Crimson players (in recent memory) who broke out as freshmen:
Clifton Dawson
Gino Gordon
Andrew Berry
Cheng Ho
Matt Schindel (won the placekicking job at the start of his freshman year)
Corey Mazza

C-Mo
August 23rd, 2008, 05:43 PM
This is a stupid question...but all of the LSU fans seem to think that you can't play Varsity football at Harvard as a freshman.

Please respond.

gee, i wonder why harvard jv football is on the minds of LSU fans? xsmiley_wix

YaleFootballFan
August 24th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Freshmen became eligible to play in 1993. Prior to that, the Ivy League had Freshman Football and each team played a six game schedule, which consisted of games against other Ivy freshman teams and JV squads from the likes of Army and Navy. That ended after the 1992 season.

TheValleyRaider
August 24th, 2008, 12:35 PM
gee, i wonder why harvard jv football is on the minds of LSU fans? xsmiley_wix

Well, without knowing if you're being serious, they mentioned on ESPN this morning that one of the contenders for LSU's starting QB position is a kid named Andrew Hatch, who transferred in from Harvard

It sounds like he only played on Harvard's JV, so presumably they're curious as to how he could be making the jump to LSU starter

xtwocentsx

C-Mo
August 24th, 2008, 12:39 PM
yeah, they've been talking about hatch for about a month now. that's why i put the winking/smiley face.

TheValleyRaider
August 24th, 2008, 12:44 PM
yeah, they've been talking about hatch for about a month now. that's why i put the winking/smiley face.
Fair enough

I only heard about it this morning

But then again, I've been blissfully unaware if the inner workings of LSU's program since last January, which is nice ;)