PDA

View Full Version : Bison Fan Day last night

spelunker64
August 22nd, 2008, 07:39 AM
Brought the kids out to meet the players. They had more fun running around on the turf I think. Talked to Coach Bohl for a bit as well.

Kickoff is less than a week away...! :D

stevdock
August 22nd, 2008, 07:47 AM
Brought the kids out to meet the players. They had more fun running around on the turf I think. Talked to Coach Bohl for a bit as well.

Kickoff is less than a week away...! :D

Rumor has it there were 11,000 fans there last nightxsmiley_wix

patssle
August 22nd, 2008, 08:43 AM
Rumor has it there were 11,000 fans there last nightxsmiley_wix

Nothing else to do in Fargo North Dakota xlolx xsmiley_wix

spelunker64
August 22nd, 2008, 09:00 AM
Nothing else to do in Fargo North Dakota xlolx xsmiley_wix

would have been 19,000 if it wasn't for wheat harvest... :)

appfan2008
August 22nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
isnt it cold already up there?

anyway... nice to hear you had a large crowd

footballer23
August 22nd, 2008, 09:19 AM

Yeah... we had a blizzard last night... good thing we play indoors!

Thundering_Herd
August 22nd, 2008, 09:20 AM

Been in the 90s in Bismarck, probably gonna hit 100+ by end of August, so yeah,...it's REAL cold up here! xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
August 22nd, 2008, 09:20 AM
sure is that would suck if you had fan fest in AUGUST in a blizzard!!! :)

appfan2008
August 22nd, 2008, 09:21 AM
Been in the 90s in Bismarck, probably gonna hit 100+ by end of August, so yeah,...it's REAL cold up here! xsmiley_wix

that is hotter than here in NC

spelunker64
August 22nd, 2008, 09:26 AM
that is hotter than here in NC

We're not in the north pole you know... ;)

appfan2008
August 22nd, 2008, 09:35 AM
I know I am just playing with yalll

darell1976
August 22nd, 2008, 10:06 AM
We're not in the north pole you know... ;)

We're not?? HO HO HO!!

The Sheriff
August 22nd, 2008, 10:08 AM

It isn't August in western North Dakota without mid-90s for temps and a nice 40 mph breeze to get you through the day. Damn I miss that place...xnodx

darell1976
August 22nd, 2008, 10:12 AM
It isn't August in western North Dakota without mid-90s for temps and a nice 40 mph breeze to get you through the day. Damn I miss that place...xnodx

Its not going to last supposed to be in the 70's for highs and lows in the 40's time to retire the AC.

appfan2008
August 22nd, 2008, 10:16 AM

that sounds almost as bad as the cold that western ND gets in the winter is it ever pleasant out there?

I mean this in the nicest possible way... i know none of you control the weather

Go Bison
August 22nd, 2008, 11:53 AM
that sounds almost as bad as the cold that western ND gets in the winter is it ever pleasant out there?

I mean this in the nicest possible way... i know none of you control the weather

Western ND is a lot warmer in the winter time than the eastern part of ND. Golf courses in Dickinson have stayed open as long as Thanksgiving in some year. Western ND doesn't have the humidity that the eastern part has. It is dry heat. To me the western part has much better weather year round than the rest of ND.

darell1976
August 22nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Western ND is a lot warmer in the winter time than the eastern part of ND. Golf courses in Dickinson have stayed open as long as Thanksgiving in some year. Western ND doesn't have the humidity that the eastern part has. It is dry heat. To me the western part has much better weather year round than the rest of ND.

Agreed and every spring they start out with a drought while we start out with a flood due to the snow.

appfan2008
August 22nd, 2008, 12:44 PM
very interesting... what cities are ndsu and und in and are they close together?

darell1976
August 22nd, 2008, 12:49 PM
very interesting... what cities are ndsu and und in and are they close together?

NDSU is in Fargo and 70 miles up I-29 is Grand Forks, home of the Fighting Sioux!

DuckDuckGriz
August 22nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Nothing like a fan day to get the juices flowin. Sounds like a good turnout. I was reading about a Griz thing a few months ago where a buncha women got together and had drinks and Bobby Hauck and some players taught them about football and pretty much most of them got drunk and started hitting on players. I was hoping we could do that with the cheerleaders but damn even Montana is getting politically correct.

But yes the point of this rant was congrats on the turnout.

bisonguy
August 22nd, 2008, 03:51 PM

I believe July and August are the only two months that it has not snowed in North Dakota.

BisonBacker
August 22nd, 2008, 03:53 PM
I believe July and August are the only two months that it has not snowed in North Dakota.

That's only a rumor xrolleyesx ;)

No_Skill
August 22nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
Let's further derail this thread:

10 all-time hottest
temperatures
Obtained from state temperature
records, NCDC

1. Death Valley, California 134
2. Lake Havasu, Arizona 128
3. Laughlin, Nevada 125
4. Lakewood, New Mexico 122
5. Alton, Kansas 121
6. Steele, North Dakota 121
7. Ozark, Arkansas 120
8. Tipton, Oklahoma 120
9. Seymour, Texas 120
10. Usta, South Dakota 120

10 all-time coldest
temperatures
Obtained from state temperature
records, NCDC

1. Prospect Creek, Alaska -80
2. Rogers Pass, Montana -70
3. Peters Sink, Utah -69
4. Riverside, Wyoming -66
5. Maybell, Colorado -61
6. Tower, Minnesota -60
7. Parshall, North Dakota -60
8. Island Park Dam, Idaho -60
9. McIntosh, South Dakota -58
10. Couderay, Wisconsin -55

Misc:

Fastest warming
12 hour warm-up: 83 degrees. From -33 in the morning to 50 by late afternoon in Granville, ND
on February 21, 1918

bisonwest
August 22nd, 2008, 06:18 PM

This is true. My work takes me to Bismarck five days a week. There is generally less snow on the ground in the winter, and the snowpack is gone a-lot earlier than the valley so they actually have what I think some people call spring. The summers are somewhat decieving. If you watch the weather, you'd think Dickinson at 103 would be sweltering and fargo at 93 would be a bit more comfortable but it's usually the other way around. I spend two weeks a year in Dickinson at the warmest part of the summer and it gets hot but it generally does'nt have that "cut the air with a knife" feeling that is more prevelent from about Bismarck and east. This summer was the first that we never really had that big july heatwave in the last few.

bisonguy
August 22nd, 2008, 06:51 PM
That's only a rumor xrolleyesx ;)

LOL- it's either July/August or August/September with no historical snowfall in ND. I remember John Wheeler talking about it one night on the WDAY weather.

MDFAN
August 22nd, 2008, 06:58 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............wrong bison thread!!!!

X-Factor
August 22nd, 2008, 09:52 PM
LOL- it's either July/August or August/September with no historical snowfall in ND. I remember John Wheeler talking about it one night on the WDAY weather.

Are we talking about this year or all-time? If it's all-time, I have heard of flat out blizzards in the middle of July.

TheBisonator
August 22nd, 2008, 11:51 PM
Are we talking about this year or all-time? If it's all-time, I have heard of flat out blizzards in the middle of July.

Several years ago it snowed in Calgary in late July.

bisonguy
August 22nd, 2008, 11:56 PM

All-time. Must be August/September.

T-Dog
August 23rd, 2008, 12:00 AM

Fargo Dome +1
Blizzard -1

:p

PantherRob82
August 23rd, 2008, 02:20 AM
We have "Panthers on Main" tomorrow in dowtown Cedar Falls. Similar idea. not sure what the turnout will be like.

MSUBear42
August 23rd, 2008, 08:56 AM
Our "meet the bears" isn't until this thursday since we have an off-week to start the season...

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 24th, 2008, 02:34 PM
My grandmother is 100 this yr. She said when she was 7or 8 that it snowed in Haynes, ND on the July 4th. A cold front came thru and about 1/2 inch of snow fell. Later in the afternoon the sun came out and the snow melted.

So, it can even snow in July in ND!!:) :)