PDA

View Full Version : Freshman Eligibility Issues

stevdock
August 21st, 2008, 06:27 PM
With the NCAA going from 14 to 16 core credits to be eligible to play this year, has your school had any problems with this this year? I believe we have 4 or 5 kids out as the Clearinghouse is verifying transcripts.

Ronbo
August 21st, 2008, 07:07 PM
Montana lost 3 kids. The top kid of the three is registering for school and hopefully will be eligible by spring. One went on to a NAIA school and I think the other opted for JC.

GOKATS
August 21st, 2008, 08:28 PM
Montana St. has a couple out of state recruits awaiting clearance, but it doesn't appear to have anything to do with academics, just a lack of paperwork. Both are expected to be cleared in the next few days. They would both RS anyway. It looks like three frosh won't RS this year- a RB, WR and kicker. Coach Ash likes to RS incoming frosh, but also believes that if they can be an impact player they will see action. These three definitely have the ability to be impact players.

813Jag
August 21st, 2008, 08:30 PM
Southern has 3 kids awaiting clearance, with 1 just getting cleared yesterday.

stevdock
August 21st, 2008, 10:11 PM
We have a freshman LB who was working his way into a 2nd string role, and freshman QB who was pushing for a 2nd string too. I don't mind the QB redshirting at all, but from what I understand they can't practice either, which is a huge detriment. Our LB we'll have to see, cause we've had some injury issues there since spring ball.

813Jag
August 22nd, 2008, 05:07 AM
We have a freshman LB who was working his way into a 2nd string role, and freshman QB who was pushing for a 2nd string too. I don't mind the QB redshirting at all, but from what I understand they can't practice either, which is a huge detriment. Our LB we'll have to see, cause we've had some injury issues there since spring ball.
I think once school starts they can't practice with the team, until they are cleared.

stevdock
August 22nd, 2008, 07:52 AM
Ours have been pulled off the field until it is cleared up.

Go...gate
August 22nd, 2008, 08:41 AM
Count me out as to freshman eligibility. It was a bad idea from day one.