PDA

View Full Version : Teams that are still in the playoff hunt.

JMU Duke Dog
October 23rd, 2005, 03:18 PM
Below is a list of teams that can still reach the playoff eligibility rule of seven Division I wins this 2005 season. In parentheses is the number of losses that would result in teams no longer being able to reach playoff egibility. Two teams have already reached playoff egibility with seven Division I wins. They are Hampton and Furman.

Atlantic 10
Massachusetts (4)
New Hampshire (4)
William & Mary (3)
Hofstra (2)
Richmond (2)
Delaware (1)
James Madison (1)
Rhode Island (1)
Towson (1)
Villanova (1)

Big Sky
Montana (2)
Montana State (2)
Portland State (2)
Eastern Washington (1)
Idaho State (1)

Big South
Coastal Carolina (3 technically but would probably not be selected with 1 more loss)

Gateway
Western Kentucky (3)
Youngstown State (3)
Illinois State (2)
Southern Illinois (2)
Northern Iowa (1)

Great West
Cal Poly (3)

MEAC
HAMPTON (ALREADY PLAYOFF ELIGIBLE)
Bethune-Cookman (2)
South Carolina State (2)
Delaware State (1)
Howard (1)

Ohio Valley
Eastern Illinois (3)
Eastern Kentucky (1)
Jacksonville State (1)

Patriot
Colgate (3)
Lafayette (3)
Holy Cross (2)
Lehigh (2)
Georgetown (1)

Southern
FURMAN (ALREADY PLAYOFF ELIGIBLE)
Appalachian State (3)
Chattanooga (2)
Georgia Southern (2)
Wofford (1)

Southland
Texas State (2)
McNeese State (1)
Northwestern State (1)
Stephen F. Austin (1)

TexasTerror
October 23rd, 2005, 04:18 PM
Texas State is at TWO losses left...

They are 6-1 with two of those wins coming against Div II opponents putting them at 4-1. If they lose two games, no way they get the seven Div I wins they need. However, they coud still win the SLC title...

JMU Duke Dog
October 23rd, 2005, 04:21 PM
Texas State is at TWO losses left...

They are 6-1 with two of those wins coming against Div II opponents putting them at 4-1. If they lose two games, no way they get the seven Div I wins they need. However, they coud still win the SLC title...

Thank you for pointing out my mistake TexasTerror. I did not realize that Texas State had played two Division II opponents.

beerkat
October 23rd, 2005, 05:02 PM
well, with a ton of help Sam Houston could still get the conference autobid, but thats really stretching it

Tod
October 23rd, 2005, 05:48 PM
Montana only has four D-I wins right now (5-2 with one win against a D-II team), so their number should be two. They must win three of their last four to reach seven (assuming they don't win the BSC and the autobid, and I'm not sure if they can do that or not if they finish 2-2. If it's even possible, they'd need a lot of help).

HensRock
October 23rd, 2005, 05:52 PM
Montana should be a 2.

EDIT: Tod beat me to it!

HPCAT
October 23rd, 2005, 05:57 PM
Should Texas State go 2-2 in their remaining 4 games, they would have only 6 DI wins. At 8-3 they would not automatically be eliminated from the playoffs, although if we do not win 3 out of the last 4 games we proabably do not deserve to be in the playoffs, especially if one of those loses is to SHS at home.

The won-lost record of a team will be scrutinized to determine a team’s strength of schedule; however, less than seven Division I wins may place a team in jeopardy of not being selected;

JMU Duke Dog
October 23rd, 2005, 06:47 PM
Montana only has four D-I wins right now (5-2 with one win against a D-II team), so their number should be two. They must win three of their last four to reach seven (assuming they don't win the BSC and the autobid, and I'm not sure if they can do that or not if they finish 2-2. If it's even possible, they'd need a lot of help).

Thanks for pointing out my mistake Tod. I had forgotten that Montana had played a Division II opponent.

skinny_uncle
October 23rd, 2005, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the info, duke. I was wanting a list like this, but had been too lazy to compile it.
:D