PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Haters???

CarolinaGirl
October 23rd, 2005, 12:40 PM
I haven't been a I-AA fan for very long; only since the beginning of last season when I moved down south. I have been reading the posts on AGS only since this season. I have been an avid CCU fan and have attended all games since last season. I certainly don't know a lot about a lot, but I know some about some. But...
I don't understand why CCU, only midway thru its third season, has so many enemies on AGS and so many people who take every opportunity to slam them, and their fans, into the ground. CCU has made an impressive entrance into I-AA and has done remarkable things in the short time they have existed. It seems that the SoCon, App St. fans in particular, appear to have a special hatred for CCU. Y'all had nothing prove by beating CCU in week 3, only that you were obviously the better team that day and you solidified that point by winning 30-3.
Maybe CCU should consider it a compliment that they have caused such an uproar in such a short time....

umassfan
October 23rd, 2005, 01:04 PM
I haven't been a I-AA fan for very long; only since the beginning of last season when I moved down south. I have been reading the posts on AGS only since this season. I have been an avid CCU fan and have attended all games since last season. I certainly don't know a lot about a lot, but I know some about some. But...
I don't understand why CCU, only midway thru its third season, has so many enemies on AGS and so many people who take every opportunity to slam them, and their fans, into the ground. CCU has made an impressive entrance into I-AA and has done remarkable things in the short time they have existed. It seems that the SoCon, App St. fans in particular, appear to have a special hatred for CCU. Y'all had nothing prove by beating CCU in week 3, only that you were obviously the better team that day and you solidified that point by winning 30-3.
Maybe CCU should consider it a compliment that they have caused such an uproar in such a short time....
You struggle with every sucky team on your schedule... your only good win is vs JMU and they are looking weaker and weaker by the week... Have fun watching the playoffs instead of playing in them.

OL FU
October 23rd, 2005, 01:09 PM
and Welcome the Board. :eek: :o

Coastal89
October 23rd, 2005, 01:09 PM

Welcome to AGS Carolinagirl. You just got your first taste of the most hated person on this site.

AppGuy04
October 23rd, 2005, 01:12 PM
Welcome to AGS Carolinagirl. You just got your first taste of the most hated person on this site.

he may be the most hated, but on this issue, i agree with him

rokamortis
October 23rd, 2005, 01:13 PM
You struggle with every sucky team on your schedule... your only good win is vs JMU and they are looking weaker and weaker by the week... Have fun watching the playoffs instead of playing in them.

Correction - we struggle with every team on our schedule - even the good ones ;)

SC State was a good win as well - don't forget them.

umassfan
October 23rd, 2005, 01:20 PM
Correction - we struggle with every team on our schedule - even the good ones ;)

SC State was a good win as well - don't forget them.
They were as good as our win over Maine this past week... Maine could have beaten SC State.

AppGuy04
October 23rd, 2005, 01:31 PM
no one is arguing that coastal wins, this we know, its just how they win

lets compare them to another team that has won the same way, Furman, the #2 team in the country currently, both teams have 1 loss currently

Furman loss to Western Carolina, a preseason 3rd or 4th place in the SoCon, early season game against a fairly good defense

Coastal loss, i mean whoopin at ASU, 30-3, and it was worse than the score indicates

Furman wins- Jax St(currently 3rd place in Ohio Valley, decent team but not a playoff team), Samford (same conference, middle of pack team), Hofstra (top 25 team), G-W(current losing record in weak big south), ASU (playoff team, game could have gone either way), Citadel (middle of pack SoCon), and Elon(we all know how bad they suck, blowout)

Coastal wins- Elon(7 point win, Furman beat them by 38), JMU (upset win, since then, no one is sure about JMU), Delaware St(18 point win, JMU beat them by 58), SC St.(1 point win over team that really hasn't played anyone until this week), G-W and Liberty(both cellar dwellars for a long time, and less than 7 point win against both, one going into 3OT)

Here's the difference, Furman plays in one of the best conferences arguably in the country, the Big South is one of the consensus worst conferences, there are currently no teams with winning records other than Coastal. If you compare the score, Furman has taken care of business against teams that could actually put up a fight, Coastal has struggles numerous times against team that have never had a fight to begin with. Honestly, I think the 3OT game this weekend was the straw that broke the camels back. Alot of people had been giving them the benefit of the doubt b/c they had been winning, ugly, but winning. But when you take a team like Liberty who is 96th in the GPI out of 120 teams and has only 1 win on the season to 3OT's, thats just sad really.

I give you credit for winning, but I know that a playoff team would be blowing out these teams by 40 points, as Furman and JMU have done.

CarolinaGirl
October 23rd, 2005, 01:35 PM
I didn't want to go throwing out names of specific posters but I know exactly who he is. Delete the "um" in his name and you have my opinion of him......

AppGuy04
October 23rd, 2005, 01:36 PM
2nd post, and she's throwing out smack already, DAMN!

JALMOND
October 23rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
Welcome Carolina Girl. Hope you do enjoy this site where all of us with a love and passion for I-AA football can get together and discuss issues. May you continue to post your opinions and not be scared off by those who may have a different view than yourself. Some issues many people agree on and some issues not too many agree and that is what makes for great discussion.

That said, yes the issue of Coastal deserving of a playoff berth has been a rather hot topic to say the least. No one can fault what they have accomplished this year. Any team who is able to go through their conference schedule undefeated has had a pretty good year. The issue at hand is Coastal plays in the Big South which does not get an automatic bid into the playoffs this year. The only way for Coastal to get in is to gain entrance by way of one of the eight at-large invitations as decided by committee. My contention is that, regardless if it was Coastal or not, this late in the season if a team played another team the caliber of Gardner-Webb and earned a close 4-point win then played a team the caliber of Liberty and got a win after 3 overtimes, I'd have to look long and hard before I could give that team one of the eight auto-bids. Coastal fans are very passionate about their team and there is nothing wrong about that. Last year we heard a lot from Cal Poly about their situation and also a lot from the Ivy Leaguers regarding how Harvard would have done in the playoffs. That is a part of being a fan of your team and thus a fan of I-AA. I think you would be hard pressed to find even one person here who absolutely hates Coastal, for they have been impressive in what they have been able to do this year. Any fan of I-AA football can't help but be impressed with their success. But are they worthy of one of the eight auto-bids this year?

Please continue to post your thoughts and opinions. They are always appreciated (but maybe not always agreeable).

CarolinaGirl
October 23rd, 2005, 01:46 PM
Given that I obviously don't know the rich history of I-AA, how many teams have entered in the I-AA and in the beginning of their third season played Elon, JMU, App St., Del St., SC State, in their first 5 games and have come away 4-1? Other than the beating, excuse me AppGuy, "whoopin" by App St. in week 3, and none of these teams were in the "consensus worst conference" otherwise known as the Big South.
I just don't understand why it's not good enough to earn some respect.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

CarolinaGirl
October 23rd, 2005, 01:48 PM
2nd post, and she's throwing out smack already, DAMN!

I've been reading this for so long, I just felt part of the happy family already!! ;)

Tod
October 23rd, 2005, 01:49 PM
It could have a little bit to do with CCU's immediate success and impact. People seem to not like that. A little jealousy, maybe? :nod: :nod:

umassfan
October 23rd, 2005, 01:50 PM
I didn't want to go throwing out names of specific posters but I know exactly who he is. Delete the "um" in his name and you have my opinion of him......
Hey I just state facts and the fact I see is Coastal will be watching the playoffs not playing in them! If you dont like it then dont post!

umassfan
October 23rd, 2005, 01:51 PM
It could have a little bit to do with CCU's immediate success and impact. People seem to not like that. A little jealousy, maybe? :nod: :nod:
Heck most good D2 schools could win with that schedule.

JALMOND
October 23rd, 2005, 01:53 PM

One thing, Carolina, that Sir Ralph does not tolerate is personal attacks on other members. You might want to tone it down a little.

blueballs
October 23rd, 2005, 01:55 PM
Given that I obviously don't know the rich history of I-AA, how many teams have entered in the I-AA and in the beginning of their third season played Elon, JMU, App St., Del St., SC State, in their first 5 games and have come away 4-1?

Georgia Southern went 13-2 and won the first of what would be 4 national championships in a 6 year period in its third year.

Just thought I'd put this in perspective...

AppGuy04
October 23rd, 2005, 01:55 PM
Given that I obviously don't know the rich history of I-AA, how many teams have entered in the I-AA and in the beginning of their third season played Elon, JMU, App St., Del St., SC State, in their first 5 games and have come away 4-1? Other than the beating, excuse me AppGuy, "whoopin" by App St. in week 3, and none of these teams were in the "consensus worst conference" otherwise known as the Big South.

The difference for me, is that some of the Coastal fans on here are "too big for their britches," ie- proclaiming that they have won their conference after the first conference game, which in and of itself is not that big of a feat. Secondly, making excuses as to why they never even showed up in Boone.

Thirdly, history means jack to me, yes some schools have vast history of winning, ASU, Furman, JMU included, but that means nothing to me. Every year is a clean slate, and for me, its about what you have proved this year. This year, Coastal has lost one game, and have barely beaten several other teams that they should have beaten by halftime. To me this proves that they are a mediocre squad, no offense, but I would be saying this about any other team had they had the same results, including my own team.

sidenote to Tod- give Coastal's schedule to any of a number of teams, and they would be undefeated this year and last

Tod
October 23rd, 2005, 01:57 PM
Heck most good D2 schools could win with that schedule.

Even if that's true, it doesn't negate my point.

OL FU
October 23rd, 2005, 01:57 PM

I can see the Georgia Southern posters lining up.

AppGuy04
October 23rd, 2005, 02:01 PM
Just when this topic had settled down..............

Coastal went and stirred it up themselves, and not the posters, just their play on the field

rokamortis
October 23rd, 2005, 02:01 PM
Georgia Southern went 13-2 and won the first of what would be 4 national championships in a 6 year period in its third year.

Just thought I'd put this in perspective...

It was their 4th year right? Started in 1982 as a club and then 1984 is when they became I-AA - right? How many teams have duplicated this? Not saying we are the next Ga Southern but what they accomplished is a rare feat.

The one thing I think many can say is that we are doing better than expected.

Tod
October 23rd, 2005, 02:03 PM
sidenote to Tod- give Coastal's schedule to any of a number of teams, and they would be undefeated this year and last

Which teams can you guarantee would have beaten both JMU and ASU this year? :confused: :rolleyes: :)

AppGuy04
October 23rd, 2005, 02:03 PM
It was their 4th year right? Started in 1982 as a club and then 1984 is when they became I-AA - right? How many teams have duplicated this? Not saying we are the next Ga Southern but what they accomplished is a rare feat.

The one thing I think many can say is that we are doing better than expected.

no one has doubted what you have accomplished, but i do question against who you have accomplished this

umassfan
October 23rd, 2005, 02:04 PM
Which teams can you guarantee would have beaten both JMU and ASU this year? :confused: :rolleyes: :)
We beat one of them and might get a shot at the second later this year :D

AppGuy04
October 23rd, 2005, 02:04 PM

don't think i ever used the word guarantee, that would be suicide

CarolinaGirl
October 23rd, 2005, 02:17 PM
One thing, Carolina, that Sir Ralph does not tolerate is personal attacks on other members. You might want to tone it down a little.

My sincere apologies. I certainly don't want to irritate Sir Ralph on my first day of school!! :o I have learned a lot about I-AA from readng AGS and have learned things from "most" responses to my initial post. I do notice that we have some CCU posters that go a little overboard but everyone here is so proud of what has been accomplished since its inception. Football at the beach was a HUGE thing from the moment it was even mentioned as a possibility and the fact that they have had a winning record every season since it became a reality, makes our fans a little defensive when being slammed as they are at times by other people.
BTW, that doesn't surprise me about GA Southern. They are continously a great team.

Tod
October 23rd, 2005, 02:21 PM
BTW, that doesn't surprise me about GA Southern. They are continously a great team.

Which is why we hate GSU too. ;) ;) ;) :D :D

Thumper250
October 23rd, 2005, 02:32 PM
One thing that Coastal fans don't seem to get is that its "okay" if they don't make the playoffs this year, even at 10-1 (which is likely). They're in their third year. There are plenty of good 9-2 teams each year with tougher schedules who don't get in.

At this point, I think Coastal's chances at getting in are slim even with a 10-1 mark. Particularly if the committee does any comparative score analysis. It also depends on who loses down the stretch for auto bids. If a 6-5 or 7-4 team upsets somebody and gets a league auto bid (which Montana State always seems to do), then that takes a spot away.

In 2002, Wofford got double whammied. Murray State upset top 10 EIU for the OVC crown and that league wound up with two entries. Montana State knocked off top 5 Montana for the Big Sky crown and that league got two entries. Thus, a good 9-2 Wofford squad was left home watching.

It's not fair, but 10-1 does not ensure a bid. One of your wins will be against a DII (Mansfield?) and the other will likely come at the hands of one of the poorest I-AA teams in the nation (Sav State). Even if the Big South were a strong league in 2005, which it isn't, it likely wouldn't help much.

And whoever posted that about Georgia Southern, you're right. The Eagles are still the quickest/biggest impact team to jump on the scene in I-AA history. Six flags over Georgia kids. :)

bodoyle
October 23rd, 2005, 02:35 PM
UMASS CAre to put a "friendly wager" on that statement about CCU making the playoffS?

umassfan
October 23rd, 2005, 02:38 PM
UMASS CAre to put a "friendly wager" on that statement about CCU making the playoffS?
I wouldnt mind them making it in if they make a trip to Amherst... will work as a first round bye.

GoGSU
October 23rd, 2005, 02:49 PM
I wouldnt mind them making it in if they make a trip to Amherst... will work as a first round bye.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

BigApp
October 23rd, 2005, 02:50 PM
It seems that the SoCon, App St. fans in particular, appear to have a special hatred for CCU. Y'all had nothing prove by beating CCU in week 3, only that you were obviously the better team that day and you solidified that point by winning 30-3.

That day? Gimme a break.

Thumper250
October 23rd, 2005, 03:14 PM
bodoyle, you're awfully confident about your chants. any reason why? history is strongly against you. and history means a great deal when discussing at large bids. old boys network.

youwouldno
October 23rd, 2005, 05:55 PM

Actually I think the Paladins are looking forward to that tune-up session.

bodoyle
October 23rd, 2005, 06:21 PM
Thumper: I'm from Chicago, I'm a White Sox fan..I'll take my chances and pi$$ at history.

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2005, 08:17 PM
what the f%*$ is a chanticleer? thanks.

CarolinaGirl
October 23rd, 2005, 09:00 PM
It's a beach chicken, as y'all so love to call it!! ;)

rokamortis
October 23rd, 2005, 09:28 PM

You never took British Lit in high school or college?

Here is a brief history of where the chanticleer came from and how it relates to CCU
http://www.coastal.edu/about/chanticleer.html

windwalker
October 24th, 2005, 06:08 AM
The difference for me, is that some of the Coastal fans on here are "too big for their britches," ie- proclaiming that they have won their conference after the first conference game, which in and of itself is not that big of a feat.

If you go back, you will notice that it was only one CCU fan that stated that remark, and a number of others put that down as a ridiculus statement.

Thirdly, history means jack to me, yes some schools have vast history of winning, ASU, Furman, JMU included, but that means nothing to me. Every year is a clean slate, and for me, its about what you have proved this year.

History has to mean something, otherwise people would not ever have a 'pre-season' poll.

Who are those "any number of teams" that would beat App State????? Are you sure you didn't mean everybody except App State and that would make team 10-1 also!!!! LOL

AppGuy04
October 24th, 2005, 07:37 AM
If you go back, you will notice that it was only one CCU fan that stated that remark, and a number of others put that down as a ridiculus statement.

History has to mean something, otherwise people would not ever have a 'pre-season' poll.

Who are those "any number of teams" that would beat App State????? Are you sure you didn't mean everybody except App State and that would make team 10-1 also!!!! LOL

first, that my my opinion, them being too big for their britches, i wasn't quoting an fan

2nd, preseason polls are a joke, as anyone that has anything to do with college football, for instance, i have heard lee corso and kirk herbstreit numeroud times that they think there shouldn't be a poll until atleast 3 or 4 games have been played

3rd, i never guaranteed that anyone would go undefeated with your schedule, but having said that, there are plenty of teams that could have beaten jmu this year and definitely put on a better showing against App, as for the rest of your schedule, well, thats a cake walk and we all know it

chantman
October 24th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Playoffs would be nice, but the world does not end if we don't get in. IMO, our best team will be on the field next year. This year we are only starting three seniors on offense and three on defense. Things should be looking good in Conway for 2006.

SoCon48
October 24th, 2005, 08:51 AM
You never took British Lit in high school or college?

Here is a brief history of where the chanticleer came from and how it relates to CCU
http://www.coastal.edu/about/chanticleer.html

Liberty play by play guy called them the ChinaCleers all night.

And I'm sorry but "Shont-a-cleer" just don't sound like a football mascot.
Maybe a French Polo team??

SoCon48
October 24th, 2005, 09:01 AM
bodoyle, you're awfully confident about your chants. any reason why? history is strongly against you. and history means a great deal when discussing at large bids. old boys network.

History? Ol Boys?
I think the committee will only have to go back in "history" as far as Saturday's OT squeaker over Liberty..then they'll move on to real candidates.

89Hen
October 24th, 2005, 09:05 AM
That is what SOME folks do on this site. They HATE.
Says the biggest hater here. :rolleyes:

AppGuy04
October 24th, 2005, 09:15 AM
I'll happily answer that. That is what SOME folks do on this site. They HATE. Some of the people, and notice I said SOME, on this board have a WHOLE LOT of internet courage. They are real big, bad, bold, and brave when no one can see them or know who they are, and they ENJOY running others down, and spewing nonsense. Most of the folks here are pretty decent folk, but some are COMPLETE idots, and they seem to be the most vocal of the entire bunch. Now, I have taken my own shots at Coastal on the smack board, but that was in good fun, and when my conference brethren (SCSU) lost, I returned to that post in order to allow them to smack me.

If Hampton, which I think is very similar to Coastal as far as having a weak conference, were to go 3OT's with Liberty, I would be hating just as much on them

SoCon48
October 24th, 2005, 09:58 AM
If Hampton, which I think is very similar to Coastal as far as having a weak conference, were to go 3OT's with Liberty, I would be hating just as much on them

Conference? Maybe. But no one can match the last half of Coastal's schedule. It is hilarious.

But another Liberty game and no one will even talk about Coastal on here. :p

The Gadfly
October 24th, 2005, 12:04 PM
I'll happily answer that. That is what SOME folks do on this site. They HATE. Some of the people, and notice I said SOME, on this board have a WHOLE LOT of internet courage. They are real big, bad, bold, and brave when no one can see them or know who they are, and they ENJOY running others down, and spewing nonsense. Most of the folks here are pretty decent folk, but some are COMPLETE idots, and they seem to be the most vocal of the entire bunch. Now, I have taken my own shots at Coastal on the smack board, but that was in good fun, and when my conference brethren (SCSU) lost, I returned to that post in order to allow them to smack me.

THANK GOD FOR THE TRUTH!

Welcome CarolinaGirl! I hope I can answer some of you questions:

I think Lapper came up with the Thundering Beach Chickens comment.

Ralph, deep down inside, hates the Chants.

ASU fans ... well, let them show you what kind of "people" they are.

Mr. C is not liked by most Coastal fans.

This is the best place to understand the cult that is I-AA football.

The SoCon HATES US DEARLY.

Appalachian State fans hate the name Appy.

The people to ignore: I-AA 2005 (until he takes his meds; he's a Appy fan), that UMass guy, hell there're too many of them)

Furman fans are the only people that use reason here.

CitDawg loves Coastal and can't wait to play us. ;)

OK this one's tough: The Delawhere Hen is not a female chicken but a rooster made to look like a hen so it can fight better in cockfights. I know, I know. Just go with it.

Reading Mr. Chicken's (UDel) posts are like the first time you try to understand Cartman talk. It just takes a while.

I warn you Capt. Cat is XXX.

The old Coastal Smack board had more PAGES than most on this site.

THEY ARE ALL JEALOUS and I personally love it. xazzx

putter
October 24th, 2005, 12:11 PM
THANK GOD FOR THE TRUTH!

The people to ignore: I-AA 2005 (until he takes his meds; he's a Appy fan), that UMass guy, hell there're too many of them)

OK this one's tough: The Delawhere Hen is not a female chicken but a rooster made to look like a hen so it can fight better in cockfights. I know, I know. Just go with it.

Reading Mr. Chicken's (UDel) posts are like the first time you try to understand Cartman talk. It just takes a while.

Gadfly,

Pretty interesting take and mostly on the mark! Everyone needs to pop thier AGS cherry by reading Cap'n Cat! He is one of a kind!

JALMOND
October 24th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Gadfly (you didn't mention me in your rant, I guess that's a good thing)---

I, for one, am not "jealous" of what Coastal has done. You've had a good season. Hampton has had a good season as well. But I have yet to hear an honest, objective reason as to why Coastal should be in the playoffs. No team ever "deserves" to get an at-large bid, they earn it. Has Coastal earned a playoff spot with these recent wins over G-Webb and Liberty? Can they get by going into overtime with any of their next opponents?

Its not because it is Coastal we are talking about, either. If Furman would have gone 3OT against Elon, a lot of people here would be wondering about them as well. You should be a playoff caliber team at this point. Based on your last two games, are you truly an at-large team?

What I hear on the college basketball boards in the winter is a lot of "Kentucky is the best. End of discussion". This is similar to a lot of posts here, with Coastal fans screaming "Coastal deserves to be in the playoffs. End of Discussion". This is not the Coastal board, nor is it the Big South board. You have a sizeable number of I-AA fans from around the country, some of which never followed Coastal or the Big South until this year. We look at who's in the conference, who you have played and how you have done recently and some agree and some don't. We all have our own little quarks that make our posting here unique. SoCon fans don't nessessary "hate" you, but they just want to hear how you've earned a shot at the playoffs with a close win at their cellar dweller Elon, and a blowout at the hands of App State. A-10 fans acknowledge your win against JMU, but even JMU fans are not sure about that team. Gateway, Southland and Big Sky fans have not played you so they are trying to assess your team, your schedule and your conference as compared to them. One good thing about your success this year, you have made the I-AA notice you, similar to Cal Poly last year. Last year, Cal Poly did not make the playoffs, but made a great amount of noise that this year, it was hard not to ignore them. The same could be said of Coastal next year, as all of I-AA will have to watch out for you.

Stop "hating" on us and we'll stop "hating" on you.

AppGuy04
October 24th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Gadfly (you didn't mention me in your rant, I guess that's a good thing)---

I, for one, am not "jealous" of what Coastal has done. You've had a good season. Hampton has had a good season as well. But I have yet to hear an honest, objective reason as to why Coastal should be in the playoffs. No team ever "deserves" to get an at-large bid, they earn it. Has Coastal earned a playoff spot with these recent wins over G-Webb and Liberty? Can they get by going into overtime with any of their next opponents?

Its not because it is Coastal we are talking about, either. If Furman would have gone 3OT against Elon, a lot of people here would be wondering about them as well. You should be a playoff caliber team at this point. Based on your last two games, are you truly an at-large team?

What I hear on the college basketball boards in the winter is a lot of "Kentucky is the best. End of discussion". This is similar to a lot of posts here, with Coastal fans screaming "Coastal deserves to be in the playoffs. End of Discussion". This is not the Coastal board, nor is it the Big South board. You have a sizeable number of I-AA fans from around the country, some of which never followed Coastal or the Big South until this year. We look at who's in the conference, who you have played and how you have done recently and some agree and some don't. We all have our own little quarks that make our posting here unique. SoCon fans don't nessessary "hate" you, but they just want to hear how you've earned a shot at the playoffs with a close win at their cellar dweller Elon, and a blowout at the hands of App State. A-10 fans acknowledge your win against JMU, but even JMU fans are not sure about that team. Gateway, Southland and Big Sky fans have not played you so they are trying to assess your team, your schedule and your conference as compared to them. One good thing about your success this year, you have made the I-AA notice you, similar to Cal Poly last year. Last year, Cal Poly did not make the playoffs, but made a great amount of noise that this year, it was hard not to ignore them. The same could be said of Coastal next year, as all of I-AA will have to watch out for you.

Stop "hating" on us and we'll stop "hating" on you.

nicely put...

OL FU
October 24th, 2005, 01:30 PM
We have been discussing this for a while including pre-season. My recollection is the majority of the posters believed if CCU was 10-1 this year and one of the wins was JMU or ASU, they should get in. What changed, reality versus predictions? As I stated on another thread, Furman could get left out of the playoffs if they go 8-3 and it could be because Coastal gets in. Do I think Furman is better than Coastal, yep. I also think Furman is better than whoever represents the OVC as the auto bid but there is not one thing I can do about it. Coastal plays a weak schedule. But they upgraded probably as well as possible for their limited playing life. And whether people want to admit it or not they have two quality wins and one debacle. Well depending on how you define quality wins, FU may only have two (although I think more) and we have one bad one. The team that beat us is not as good as the team that beat CCU. At 10-1 CCU gets in and they should.

A :nod: to the fans of reason. Although my guess is most other FU fans would not agree with me.

SoCon48
October 24th, 2005, 03:49 PM
THANK GOD FOR THE TRUTH!

I'd say ignore any idiot who thinks beating a number 11 and a 23 team and losing their asses off to a #12 as well as taking 3 OT's to beat Liberty (Geez) makes a team deserve a play-off spot..whether they take their meds or not.

Jealous? Gimme a break and put down the crack pipe. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
The Conway Tweeties have a ways to go.

OL FU
October 24th, 2005, 04:16 PM
I'd say ignore any idiot who thinks beating a number 11 and a 23 team and losing their asses off to a #12 as well as taking 3 OT's to beat Liberty (Geez) makes a team deserve a play-off spot..whether they take their meds or not.

Jealous? Gimme a break and put down the crack pipe. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
The Conway Tweeties have a ways to go.

Somebody pass this idiot a pipe :rolleyes:

SoCon48
October 24th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Somebody pass this idiot a pipe :rolleyes:

Coastal gets a spot...over whom???? Umm Liberty? :D Not by much.

Of course we all know why Furman wants Coastal in. So they can have the closest thing to a bye for opening round.

CarolinaGirl
October 24th, 2005, 06:32 PM
THANK GOD FOR THE TRUTH!

Well, that was hilarious reading! Parts of it I know are actually correct. Some of it was just plain entertaining!
I actually like the beach chicken comment, I use it!
Most assessments are correct. I noticed it didn't take much to get certain fans taking the smallest opportunity to jump all over CCU
Well, we have both Cocky and Chauncy here in SC, I think they can both take the hen/rooster, no matter the disguise
Capt. Cat's pic is kinda cute...haven't had the honor of reading too much by him yet
I've seen Mr. Chicken's posts...I get a headache, but I'm sure I'll get over it. I'm sure he's a good guy under all those feathers
I can tell (I think) when people are just messing around and that's cool, but I can also tell who, um....Shellshock is talking about!
As I said originally, I think CCU should take it as a compliment that they have caused so much chaos so early in their existence!
:) :) :) :)

ASU Kep
October 24th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Yah, the only beef I have with coastal is that you guys are terribly over-rated which really isn't your fault. And btw, Furman has a little business to take care of (mainly GSU) before they start worrying about their seed and first round opponent.

blukeys
October 24th, 2005, 08:59 PM
I have to admit. I have a soft spot for Coastal as one of my favorite players that I have coached decided to go to school there. She was my team captain and a very hard nosed player and really liked the atmosphere at Coastal. Of course Coastal is also an aspiring member of the ASS-Kicken Chicken Brigade. There are a few members of that fraternity in I-AA.

I hope Carolina Girl can one day come to the original I-AA beach chicken school. We are sure to show her a good time.

CoastalFan2005
October 24th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Conference? Maybe. But no one can match the last half of Coastal's schedule. It is hilarious.

But another Liberty game and no one will even talk about Coastal on here. :p

Hello all...first post here, :D . So, with that said...

I beg to differ that no one will even talk about CCU on here if we have another Liberty game. From catching up on my reading , it seems that there's plenty to say about us regardless.

(And no, I don't think we "deserve" to go to the playoffs, we're more better than you, all your base are belong to us, whatever...so as far as me being a CCU fan that thinks he's more evolved than you, I say shove it)
:deadhorse

SoCon48
October 25th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Yah, the only beef I have with coastal is that you guys are terribly over-rated which really isn't your fault. And btw, Furman has a little business to take care of (mainly GSU) before they start worrying about their seed and first round opponent.

That sums it up. Overrated. Being overrated just wipes out the Cinderalla aspect that many enjoy reading about for a new program.

OL FU
October 25th, 2005, 07:42 AM

The playoffs and our seeding may not be the last thing on our mind, but it is far from the first. Not only GSU, but Wofford and Chattanooga come to mind before the playoffs.

Catmendue2
October 25th, 2005, 08:51 AM

Once LSU breaks a leg off in ASU azz, you can finally say ASU plays in a weaker conference and call it a season too. :)

AppGuy04
October 25th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Once LSU breaks a leg off in ASU azz, you can finally say ASU plays in a weaker conference and call it a season too. :)

yeah, we all know thats gonna happen, atleast in the 1st half, but i don't think any team in I-AA would expect to do any differently, i just hope they make it respectable and don't lose the momentum they have created recently

SoCon48
October 25th, 2005, 10:03 AM

Weaker conference? Actually it's a weaker DIVISION. LSU is ranked 7th in I-A to boot. :rolleyes:

SoCon48
October 25th, 2005, 10:05 AM

Call it a season? Bull****, just thank your lucky stars your team isn't facing App the following week.
Ask the Conway Tweeties about the Kansas aftermath. :D

CarolinaGirl
October 25th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Call it a season? Bull****, just thank your lucky stars your team isn't facing App the following week.
Ask the Conway Tweeties about the Kansas aftermath. :D

Dude, Conway Tweeties isn't funny. Beach chickens...now that's funny. I don't even understand the whole Conway Tweeties thing. We're teal, not yellow and bald!

Sly Fox
October 25th, 2005, 07:37 PM
I think its lame as well. But its a reference to one-time Rockabilly/Country crooner Conway Twitty. Ask your parents who he is and they'll know.

Lapper
October 25th, 2005, 07:56 PM
AAAHHH...the fresh smack from mountain necks in the evening is like kisses from a butterfly in Spring xsmoochx . Moderation is needed, but who cares... IT'S COASTAL.

Welcome to AGS Carolina Girl. This is where you'll find the best fairweather fans in the nation. You would not have found this many ASU fans last season, but for some odd reason :rolleyes: they are packin' the boards this season. Same with Delaware fans, last year they were all over the place, now it seems that 50% of their 50+ fan base here has disappeared. I still love my brother/sister ;) chickens though. BAAAAAWK!!! Good luck Girl and wear a life preserver if you go in the deep end (smack boards).

SoCon48
October 26th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Dude, Conway Tweeties isn't funny. Beach chickens...now that's funny. I don't even understand the whole Conway Tweeties thing. We're teal, not yellow and bald!

I think it is funny as hell. :D

Saint3333
October 26th, 2005, 07:46 AM
The CCU fans took a week or two off after their beating earlier this year. Every school's fans are the same, some are arrogant, and fairweather (some are both :mad: )

89Hen
October 26th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Same with Delaware fans, last year they were all over the place, now it seems that 50% of their 50+ fan base here has disappeared.
:confused: I think there are actually more UD posters now than during the 2003 run.

Happy Penguin
October 26th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Don't worry about people hating your team, I don't think they hate the team, they simply hate where you're ranked based on your strength of schedule.

This is a classic arguement, in all levels of football. It's just another facet that makes college football the greatest sport around.

Be thankful we have a playoff system that will give you a chance to see if you are as good as the ranking indicates. Then you'll have to listen to people complain about how you took a spot from a more "deserving" team :rolleyes:

AppGuy04
October 26th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Don't worry about people hating your team, I don't think they hate the team, they simply hate where you're ranked based on your strength of schedule.

This is a classic arguement, in all levels of football. It's just another facet that makes college football the greatest sport around.

Be thankful we have a playoff system that will give you a chance to see if you are as good as the ranking indicates. Then you'll have to listen to people complain about how you took a spot from a more "deserving" team :rolleyes:

good point penguin, there is always something to complain about

welcome.........and enjoy

bandl
October 26th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Just ignore umassfan, CarolinaGirl...he's T.O'd at everyone because the I-AA nation hasn't already decided to cancel the playoffs and just reward Umass with the NC trophy. :p

I'm sure he'll have a hateful response to that....but just remember umassfan, I'm on the Umass bandwagon, as much as I hate to say it! Look at my posts so far...I've given Umass credit every step of the way after they beat JMU, because I truly believe that a fantastic defense beats a fantastic offense. ;)
And this post is about CCU (who also beat JMU :o )....so I'll be on my way...

Happy Penguin
October 26th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the welcome...I used to have an account here a couple years ago, but I forgot the signon/password combo over the summer.

One thing you get used to as a YSU fan is people complaining. Either it's our fans or the rest of the nation (who we play, where we're ranked, etc.)

After 15 years of being a fan you get over it for the most part.

AppGuy04
October 26th, 2005, 08:28 AM
hey man, i thought penguins were seaworthy, whats with the avatar?

Happy Penguin
October 26th, 2005, 08:36 AM
hey man, i thought penguins were seaworthy, whats with the avatar?

Too much tailgating this season :D

AppGuy04
October 26th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Too much tailgating this season :D

shouldn't that liquid be yellowish in color

Happy Penguin
October 26th, 2005, 08:43 AM
What, you never drank gin and Blueberry Kool-aid?

AppGuy04
October 26th, 2005, 08:44 AM
What, you never drank gin and Blueberry Kool-aid?

guess not, might have to try that

Happy Penguin
October 26th, 2005, 08:50 AM
I wouldn't suggest it, take another look at the avatar.

AppGuy04
October 26th, 2005, 08:51 AM
I wouldn't suggest it, take another look at the avatar.

long as it gives me the buzz, i can handle the after effects

AppGuy04
October 26th, 2005, 08:52 AM
I gues you hadn't heard the old James Brown line "...don't start none, won't be none...". I didn't have any beef with you, but since you want some, COME GET SOME!!!!"

dude, how about a quote for you:

"LET IT GO!!!"

89Hen
October 26th, 2005, 08:56 AM
but since you want some, COME GET SOME!!!!"
Tough to sell goods from an empty cart SS.

bandl
October 26th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Tough to sell goods from an empty cart SS.

take the HU smack to another thread, before it turns into smack about something other than football!! :rolleyes: