PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Standings Prediction?

C-Mo
August 18th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I've got:

Holy Cross
Colgate
Fordham
Lafayette
Lehigh
Bucknell
Georgetown

nobody runs the table in the league.

Fordham
August 18th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Fordham
et sequentia

appfan2008
August 18th, 2008, 02:18 PM
when was the last time HC made theplayoffs?

carney2
August 18th, 2008, 02:20 PM
There will be ties followed by ties, but if we must pick 'em in order:

1. Colgate
2. Lafayette
3. Fordham
4. Lehigh
5. Holy Cross
6. Bucknell
7. Georgetown

carney2
August 18th, 2008, 02:27 PM

Holy Cross has never represented the Patriot League in the playoffs as an autobid representative. As an at-large from earlier days (perhaps the Gordie Lochbaum teams from the 80s?), I'm hoping that one of the 'sader crowd can help me out.

crusader11
August 18th, 2008, 02:46 PM
It's been too long since HC has been to the playoffs; 1983 was the last time. It is worth noting, however, that HC finished the 1987 with a perfect record but declined an invitation to the playoffs. Anyways, onto the predictions:

1. Holy Cross
2. Lafayette
3. Colgate
4. Fordham
5. Bucknell
6. Lehigh
7. Georgetown

MDFAN
August 18th, 2008, 03:18 PM
1. Fordham
2. Holy Cross
3. Bucknell
3. Lafayette
4. Colgate
5. Lehigh
6. Georgetown

C-Mo
August 18th, 2008, 03:26 PM

during their glory years of the mid to late 80's, the PL did not allow their teams to go to the playoffs. despite this rediculous rule, their 87 team was ranked #1 in the final ncaa pool (edging out App State). i believe the 86 team finished 3rd.

the '83 team was the last to make the playoffs, prior to the new league.

89Hen
August 18th, 2008, 03:27 PM
6. Lehigh

6. Lehigh
I had chalked up the #6 from crusader as being a crusader, but xeyebrowx . Is LU really going to be worse than last year?

Go...gate
August 18th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Fordham
et sequentia

Leave it to a Jesuit-educated man to set forth the standings in Latin. :)

Go...gate
August 18th, 2008, 04:14 PM

'83 - lost to Western Carolina in the Quarterfinals.

Go...gate
August 18th, 2008, 04:16 PM
It's been too long since HC has been to the playoffs; 1983 was the last time. It is worth noting, however, that HC finished the 1987 with a perfect record but declined an invitation to the playoffs. Anyways, onto the predictions:

1. Holy Cross
2. Lafayette
3. Colgate
4. Fordham
5. Bucknell
6. Lehigh
7. Georgetown

One of the top I-AA squads ever, IMO. Superbly talented and deep at every position.

Pards Rule
August 18th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Indeed..must agree!

Go...gate
August 18th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Fordham
Lehigh
Colgate
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Bucknell
Georgetown
Marist (0-4) xrotatehx

carney2
August 18th, 2008, 06:26 PM
I had chalked up the #6 from crusader as being a crusader, but xeyebrowx . Is LU really going to be worse than last year?

The ChickenSquawks are a difficult team to handicap. Could be anywhere from 8-3 (unlikely), which many of the faithful are predicting to 3-8 (equally unlikely). They do not appear to be a 6th place team, however. Methinx that the 'sader crowd still has visions of that 50-point or whatever blowout last year. Tim Diamond and his playmates will not allow a repeat of that performance. Mr. Randolph better have that day marked as "life threatening" on his calendar.

Franks Tanks
August 18th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Fordham & Lafayette (Tie for 1st with the auto going to Fordham and Lafayette gets an at large)
Colgate
Holy Cross
Lehigh
Bucknell
Georgetown

ngineer
August 18th, 2008, 08:06 PM
The ChickenSquawks are a difficult team to handicap. Could be anywhere from 8-3 (unlikely), which many of the faithful are predicting to 3-8 (equally unlikely). They do not appear to be a 6th place team, however. Methinx that the 'sader crowd still has visions of that 50-point or whatever blowout last year. Tim Diamond and his playmates will not allow a repeat of that performance. Mr. Randolph better have that day marked as "life threatening" on his calendar.

I would agree with Carney's assessment. So far, very good vibes coming out of camp. LU will take some people by surprise this year,...unless we knock off Villanova in week #2;) FWIW:

Fordham
Lehigh
Lafayette
Colgate
Holy Cross
Bucknell
Georgetown

Monarch History
August 18th, 2008, 08:19 PM
1. Fordham
2. Colgate
3. Holy Cross
4. Lafayette
5. Lehigh
6. Bucknell
7. Georgetown

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 18th, 2008, 08:42 PM
1. Colgate 6-0 (9-2)
2. Fordham 5-1 (8-3)
3. Lehigh 4-2 (7-4)
4A. Lafayette 3-3 (7-4)
4B. Holy Cross 3-3 (6-5)
5. Bucknell 2-4 (5-6)
6. Georgetown 1-5 (2-9)

ngineer
August 18th, 2008, 11:17 PM
1. Colgate 6-0 (9-2)
2. Fordham 5-1 (8-3)
3. Lehigh 4-2 (7-4)
4A. Lafayette 3-3 (7-4)
4B. Holy Cross 3-3 (6-5)
5. Bucknell 2-4 (5-6)
6. Georgetown 1-5 (2-9)

Nice taking a shot at the records, too....However, I can see several tie scenarios..including for first.

C-Mo
August 19th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Nice taking a shot at the records, too....However, I can see several tie scenarios..including for first.

what are the PL tie-breakers after head-to-head?

carney2
August 19th, 2008, 08:19 AM
what are the PL tie-breakers after head-to-head?

Off the top of my head, which means we really need to hear from someone else, I believe it's

1. Record against common OOCs

2. A vote of the League ADs not involved in the tie.

bison137
August 19th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Off the top of my head, which means we really need to hear from someone else, I believe it's

1. Record against common OOCs

2. A vote of the League ADs not involved in the tie.

You left out the first one after head-to-head. That would be how the two tied teams did vs the 3rd place team, then vs the 4th place team, etc.

Pard94
August 19th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I'll go with...

1. Lafayette
2. Fordham
3. Colgate
4. Lehigh (4th place and a loss to Laf...pass the hat for Coen's bus ticket)
5. Holy Cross
6. Bucknell
7. Georgetown

As they say up here in my neck of the woods...this prediction is "just as good as a betta one".

ColgateTD
August 19th, 2008, 09:14 AM
1. Fordham
2. Colgate
3. Holy Cross
4. Lehigh
5. Lafayette
6. Bucknell
7. Georgetown

LCFan21
August 19th, 2008, 09:25 AM
1. Lafayette
1A. Fordham
1B. Colgate
2. Holy Cross
3. Lehigh
4. Bucknell
5. G-town

65 Pard
August 19th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Lafayette's fortunes are tied to the QB....he has the potential for brilliance, a very able supporting cast.....and could surprise some teams...

LC fans all predicting good things for the Leopards....maybe wishful thinking, but the coaching and the material is there...

TheValleyRaider
August 19th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Colgate
Fordham
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Lehigh
Bucknell
Georgetown

And really, that's a homer pick at #1. 1-5 could be very jumbled, and it wouldn't surprise me if a loss to Bucknell is the difference between the playoffs or not

Lehigh is tough to predict, in particular, but Bucknell intrigues me as a team that wasn't quite as bad as their record indicated last year (or maybe I'm just being fooled by the close games they've had with Colgate recently)

ngineer
August 19th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Colgate
Fordham
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Lehigh
Bucknell
Georgetown

And really, that's a homer pick at #1. 1-5 could be very jumbled, and it wouldn't surprise me if a loss to Bucknell is the difference between the playoffs or not

Lehigh is tough to predict, in particular, but Bucknell intrigues me as a team that wasn't quite as bad as their record indicated last year (or maybe I'm just being fooled by the close games they've had with Colgate recently)

You have a good point here. I don't see Bucknell as being strong enough to seriously challenge for the championship; however, I do think they are good enough to knock off any of the 5 listed above them in most polls. Obviously, they played CU tough and DID beat Fordham. So it won't be a shock to me if they beat any one of 'us' (fingers crossed).

TheValleyRaider
August 19th, 2008, 10:18 PM
[/B]

You have a good point here. I don't see Bucknell as being strong enough to seriously challenge for the championship; however, I do think they are good enough to knock off any of the 5 listed above them in most polls. Obviously, they played CU tough and DID beat Fordham. So it won't be a shock to me if they beat any one of 'us' (fingers crossed).

We've lost our last 2 in Lewisburg, wouldn't surprise me if it's Colgate and we can still squeak out a title with tiebreakers

Bucknell looks like the real wild card, though if someone else starts poorly (Lehigh, for example), they could do the same thing xtwocentsx

letsgopards04
August 20th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Lafayette's fortunes are tied to the QB....he has the potential for brilliance, a very able supporting cast.....and could surprise some teams...

LC fans all predicting good things for the Leopards....maybe wishful thinking, but the coaching and the material is there...

I think one of the biggest problems last year was QB inconsistency. We spent the season waiting for Curley to take the reigns full-time. I think that with a consistent passing game we will be able to stay competitive.

Harvard Worship
August 20th, 2008, 03:30 PM
1. Holy Cross
2. Lafayette
3. Fordham
4. Colgate
5. Lehigh
6. Bucknell
7. Georgetown

LBPop
August 20th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Fordham
Lehigh
Colgate
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Bucknell
Georgetown
Marist (0-4) xrotatehx

xlolx xlolx
This was a gutsy pick. After all, the Hoyas were able to snatch an OT defeat from the jaws of victory last season at Marist. xrolleyesx