PDA

View Full Version : Oh.... its about that time...

TheKDL
August 16th, 2008, 09:56 PM
for FCS football to start back up. I've been trying all year not to look at videos or even think about football. Well, the season ticket came in and my eyes got big (credit Pierre Banks after JMU fumble). I attended my 1st tailgate of the year and went to fan fest today and it was all over for me... I'M READY FO SOME FOOTBALL!

I want to wish every team luck this year as well.

How ready are you?

APPALACHIANstate
August 16th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Super Ready...

furman94
August 16th, 2008, 09:59 PM
DY-NO-MITE READY!

appsfan
August 16th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I too am ready! Fortunately, preseason NFL football helps me prepare for the real season...

APPALACHIANstate
August 16th, 2008, 10:02 PM
It doesn't help me when all of The Packers play like....something awful.

TheKDL
August 16th, 2008, 10:11 PM
This is off subject, but speaking of the Packers. A buddy told me today that if Rogers won the Super Bowl he's have the same amount as Favre. Well, big duh! But.. what got me was what if Rogers does it sooner than Favre and actually gets 2 Super Bowl rings. Do you think that would "overshadow" Favres' success in Green Bay? Personally, I don't think so. Favre is, was and always will be great. And as a Cowboys fan I am proud to say that of him. You can look at Marino, GREAT QB, no rings.

Mountain Panther
August 16th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Oh great, another ASU thread. xrolleyesx :D

TheKDL
August 16th, 2008, 10:16 PM
As far as pre-season football. Eh, all it does is wet the whistle. Gets ya alittle excited so you buy NFL Sunday Ticket on Direct TV, thats a joke. For me... its opening day, 1st kick off, 1st brick wall safety some poor innocent little RB,WR or unfortunate QB gets plowed by ahem R.Williams, E.Reed, B.Dawkins and soon to be Corey Lynch. The first spectacular run or qb to wr hook up for a TD that gets me fired up. THATS when football season starts! THATS when the real joy begins... you feel me?

TheKDL
August 16th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Oh great, another ASU thread. xrolleyesx :D

Nobody has ever pumped ASU on this thread. I am just stating what go me back into drinkin season again. I also said good luck to all teams this year... and yes yours included. Read posts fully before making an ass of yourself!

Enjoy your season!

Grizzaholic
August 16th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I will make a prediction. As soon as the season starts a lot of the little hissy fits and bickering will stop.

Mountain Panther
August 16th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Nobody has ever pumped ASU on this thread. I am just stating what go me back into drinkin season again. I also said good luck to all teams this year... and yes yours included. Read posts fully before making an ass of yourself!

Enjoy your season!

Oh come on now, I was keeeeeeeding.

TheKDL
I will make a prediction. As soon as the season starts a lot of the little hissy fits and bickering will stop.

I concur, its the excitement of the season. Do the dude I lashed out at... I am sorry!xthumbsupx

APPALACHIANstate
Yeah because people will know that their team has to prove it on the field.

Like ASU has for the past 3 years...

slostang
August 16th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I am climbing the walls ready for the season to start. Went to Cal Poly's scrimage today. They look good, real good. I can not wait to hand San Diego State another loss on Aug. 30th.

APPALACHIANstate
August 16th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I am climbing the walls ready for the season to start. Went to Cal Poly's scrimage today. They look good, real good. I can not wait to hand San Diego State another loss on Aug. 30th.

I think you guys will do just that....

Good luck!

elon77
August 16th, 2008, 10:29 PM
2 weeks from tonight i hope it will be SOCON 1 CAA 0.

TheKDL
August 16th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I like your confidence, but don't put the buggy before the horse. I watched App. States scrimmage. We looked great, I think we can go for four however I'm anticipating that there might be a few hurdles to cover first. So, being said; I will be taking every game one game at a time. I'm not looking to stickin it to "West" Carolina, Jacksonville, JMU or anyone. I'm looking at week 1 at LSU then on to week 2.

Grizo406
August 16th, 2008, 11:27 PM

Please take it a bit easier on us...will ya'?!!?xwhistlex xlolx ;)

PantherRob82
August 16th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I've been to 5 practices. I'm that mf'n ready!

slostang
August 16th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Please take it a bit easier on us...will ya'?!!?xwhistlex xlolx ;)

Grizo are you coming out for the game?

Grizo406
August 17th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Grizo are you coming out for the game?

I'm still on ridin' the fence on this one, slo, but probably not.

I know it'll be a great game, in a beautiful place, but I just don't like leaving Western Montana!

AlphaSigMD
August 17th, 2008, 10:36 PM
I like your confidence, but don't put the buggy before the horse. I watched App. States scrimmage. We looked great, I think we can go for four however I'm anticipating that there might be a few hurdles to cover first. So, being said; I will be taking every game one game at a time. I'm not looking to stickin it to "West" Carolina, Jacksonville, JMU or anyone. I'm looking at week 1 at LSU then on to week 2.

You going to be at James Madison little brother?

Stacey and I both gonna be there.