PDA

View Full Version : Tx State is good!!!

TxSt02
October 22nd, 2005, 09:21 PM
6-1...

it's nice to actually be good. We have sucked for so long!

TexasTerror
October 22nd, 2005, 10:01 PM
I thought you guys were 4-1...

Those sub Div I games don't count. Looking good thus far, but as I like to remind you Bobcat fans (though I don't believe your one in this group), that this is the SLC and crazy things happen in this conference (see SELA's big win over McNeese which caught us all by surprise and SFA's blowout loss to Sam as examples this week). You never know. What kind of teams are McNeese and SFA? After this week, I'm not quite sure...

TXST_CAT
October 22nd, 2005, 10:18 PM
Our team knows this conference is unpredictable as does Bailiff. They will not underestimate know one and will remain consistent through conference. It won't be a walk but our team is hungry and they know this is their year.

bobcatfan06
October 22nd, 2005, 10:23 PM

Those sub Div I games don't count. Looking good thus far, but as I like to remind you Bobcat fans (though I don't believe your one in this group), that this is the SLC and crazy things happen in this conference (see SELA's big win over McNeese which caught us all by surprise and SFA's blowout loss to Sam as examples this week). You never know. What kind of teams are McNeese and SFA? After this week, I'm not quite sure...

Ok going by your logic, Sam is 1-4 and were 9-2 last year. Don't be a hypocrite. :bang: It would kill you to see Texas State do good wouldn't it??

Lionsrking
October 23rd, 2005, 02:22 AM

Our win over McNeese may have been a surprise to outsiders looking at the records but if you watched the game, we simply beat the crap out of them and I'm not sure if we played ten times they would beat us once. I'm not so sure they didn't have better talent last year.

TexasTerror
October 23rd, 2005, 06:18 AM
Ok going by your logic, Sam is 1-4 and were 9-2 last year. Don't be a hypocrite. :bang: It would kill you to see Texas State do good wouldn't it??

Nah, I got you guys at #4 in my poll this week and the way things continue to shakeup in the SLC, you may be our lone rep and I'll get behind you guys all the way...

I'm saying as it relates to the playoffs, you are 4-1. Remember, you need those seven wins at the Division I level (so if you lose two conference games, unless you win SLC, your done) as it relates to the playoffs.

Yes, I agree. Sam went 9-3 last year (11-3 overall). We got those seven Div I wins, co-titlist for SLC and went three rounds deep with great wins over EWU and WKU before stumbling at Montana.

McNeese75
October 23rd, 2005, 11:13 PM
Our win over McNeese may have been a surprise to outsiders looking at the records but if you watched the game, we simply beat the crap out of them and I'm not sure if we played ten times they would beat us once. I'm not so sure they didn't have better talent last year.

My, my aren't we full of oursevles today. Quite a mouthful for a team that is 2-6 now??? Great game last night and the Lions won on all counts but don't be so naive as to think you would beat McNeese 10 out of 10 times. Your not that good and your are just plain silly if you think we are THAT bad.

Lionsrking
October 24th, 2005, 03:36 AM
My, my aren't we full of oursevles today. Quite a mouthful for a team that is 2-6 now??? Great game last night and the Lions won on all counts but don't be so naive as to think you would beat McNeese 10 out of 10 times. Your not that good and your are just plain silly if you think we are THAT bad.

Please tell me what you saw on Saturday night that would lead you to any other conclusion? I'll admit, 10 out of 10 is a stretch and I said that more tongue in cheek, but we pretty much picked up where we left off last year and clearly won the physical battle on both lines of scrimmage. Having outscored McNeese 88-30 over the last eight quarters, it's safe to say we have their number on speed dial right now. But, there's always next year and I'm sure Tommy Tate will have his team fired up and ready to tear us a new one.

NoCoDanny
October 24th, 2005, 09:04 AM
I'm trying to remember what it was like to be good, it's been so long. If anyone would like to know what it's like to be a doormat just PM me.

Eaglegus2
October 24th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Our team knows this conference is unpredictable as does Bailiff. They will not underestimate know one and will remain consistent through conference. It won't be a walk but our team is hungry and they know this is their year.

What does your tv schedule look like the rest of the season?

I would like to see you play, but I am at almost all of our games. So, I must watch you play on tv to really gauge how good you are.

McNeese75
October 24th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Please tell me what you saw on Saturday night that would lead you to any other conclusion? I'll admit, 10 out of 10 is a stretch and I said that more tongue in cheek, but we pretty much picked up where we left off last year and clearly won the physical battle on both lines of scrimmage. Having outscored McNeese 88-30 over the last eight quarters, it's safe to say we have their number on speed dial right now. But, there's always next year and I'm sure Tommy Tate will have his team fired up and ready to tear us a new one.

I have no arguement with your teams performance on Saturday night. We were completely dominated on THAT night. My response was based on the 10 game BS which was not evident as being "tongue in cheek" from your post. You can beat us that bad every year (of course we all know that will not happen) but until you can win the rest of em, those victories will be pretty hollow I'm afraid (and I still don't understand how you lost the first two conference games the way you did).

Good luck to the lions and I look forward to next year when hopefully we will figure out a way to stop this rather sucky trend :D

HPCAT
October 24th, 2005, 10:39 AM
What does your tv schedule look like the rest of the season?

I would like to see you play, but I am at almost all of our games. So, I must watch you play on tv to really gauge how good you are.

Texas State is on FSN Southwest and Fox College Sports 11/12/05 against SFA.

Proabably an afternoon game, around 1 Central.

Eaglegus2
October 24th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Texas State is on FSN Southwest and Fox College Sports 11/12/05 against SFA.

Proabably an afternoon game, around 1 Central.

We have a 1:00pm EST kickoff that day. Besides.......it is my birthday!

Don't know if I can make it home to catch the game.

I can always tape it for later viewing. :nod:

TexasTerror
October 24th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Texas State is on FSN Southwest and Fox College Sports 11/12/05 against SFA. Proabably an afternoon game, around 1 Central.

That game is looking worse and worse considering SHSU blew them out. That game is not going to be fun watching on the tube...

BobcatSymphony
October 24th, 2005, 11:46 AM
That game is looking worse and worse considering SHSU blew them out. That game is not going to be fun watching on the tube...

No, but it'll be fun to be at to heckle the home team. I don't have much love for SFA for personal reasons, but if I have a chance to go to their house and support Tx State I'm more than eager to join in the fun. Gonna have to make some more signs for this game. :cool:

HPCAT
October 24th, 2005, 02:54 PM

Any Given Saturday

Lionsrking
October 24th, 2005, 04:53 PM
I have no arguement with your teams performance on Saturday night. We were completely dominated on THAT night. My response was based on the 10 game BS which was not evident as being "tongue in cheek" from your post. You can beat us that bad every year (of course we all know that will not happen) but until you can win the rest of em, those victories will be pretty hollow I'm afraid (and I still don't understand how you lost the first two conference games the way you did).

Good luck to the lions and I look forward to next year when hopefully we will figure out a way to stop this rather sucky trend :D

I guess it was evident to me because I wrote it but after reading it again, I can see where you would think I was serious.

We lost our first two conference games the way we did for several reasons. The main reason is that both Texas State and Northwestern State are very talented teams and capable of doing that to anybody. Having said that, we were missing our top receiver (Josh Taylor) and both of our running backs were literally limping around on one leg a piece. We had no threat of a running game and without Taylor, it took away one of our top options passing the ball. Against Texas State, we had them stopped and forced to punt on four different occasions but either roughed the punter (twice) or roughed the QB (twice). If memory serves me correctly, 10 of their points were scored after those drives were sustained, but more importantly, our defense had to stay on the field that much longer. We also didn't score once in the red zone.

Against Northwestern State, we handed them two TDs on a silver platter, one on an interception return when we were driving and another right before the half on a bad punt snap inside our five yardline. We also drove down to their 10 yardline on our opening possession of the second half but dropped an easy TD pass in the endzone and wound up missing a field goal.

Don't get me wrong, we lost to better football teams but it would have been a lot more interesting had we been healthy and not killed ourselves. Hopefully we can build on our win against McNeese and try to figure out a way to steal a couple on the road. It won't be easy, but then again, it never is in this league I'm afraid.

Retro
October 24th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Lionsrking, There is no doubt SELA whipped Mcneese saturday night. I see mcneese play every week and i can tell you we just played bad and you guys played great.. I can't take anything away from the Lions, but i did not see the typical mcneese intensity at any point in the game.. I'm sure the team is pretty worn out from being displaced all season and probably weren't as fired up as they were the week before, but the simple fact is we had no answer for your quick slants and the 2 early turnovers put us in the catch up mode too early..
That being sad, This Mcneese team is nearly identical to last year's in talent, except more mature thus the wins againest Ga Southern and SFA. At the same time, they have some questions in the pass defense, so this weeks game againest SHS will tell us more if the SELA game was more of aberration or sign of problems for the remainder of the year...

I expect the team to fired up this week for the first real home game and they should also be able to return home to lake charles by thursday so that will help some of them get back to some sense or normalcy..

So, before you brag about beating mcneese 10 times, win the conference a few times and remember in the SLC, everyone gets up to play Mcneese, but usually stumbles everywhere else. Thus the reason Mcneese has won so many conference titles! :spank:

blackfordpu
October 27th, 2005, 12:59 PM

Going into that game it was not susposed to be fun to watch for any Bearkat fans. Things just came together and we put a hurting on the lumberjacks.

Don't count your chickens Tx St. you still have a tough schedule to go. A couple teams that have proven to be strong and a couple that can jump up and bite you very unexpectantly.