PDA

View Full Version : Excuse me if I show my excitement!

Monarch History
August 13th, 2008, 02:28 PM
To all my FCS brethren, please excuse me for my excitement. I have been reading and posting on this board for the past year. What seemed like a pipe dream two years ago has finally become a reality when ODU's first football class enrolled in school today.

The local paper the Virginian-Pilot has dedicated a site where they will post articles, videos, etc. about the Monarchs. How does this compare to the support you get from your local newspaper?

http://hamptonroads.com/pilot/sports/odu-footballnarchs.

Although I will be watching inter-squad scrimmages of my Monarchs this year, I also plan on attending games at W&M, NSU, Liberty, and JMU. Go FCS and go Monarchs.xpeacex

89Hen
August 13th, 2008, 03:18 PM
You have every reason to be excited. Scary how much buzz there is around your program. xthumbsupx

Just be careful so you don't end up on the most delusional fanbase thread though. :p

slostang
August 13th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Welcome to the FCS. Where championships are won on the field. You have a lot to be excited about.

BlueHen86
August 13th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Glad you guys are adding football. You should be excited. Have fun.

bluehenbillk
August 13th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Welcome to the club! Foot and ankle doctors around the Hampton Roads area will make a killing the next few years from all those bandwagon jumpers. :)

BarefootApp
August 13th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Welcome to the site of the best damn college football fans in America (except for citdog, of course!). :-)

OL FU
August 13th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Excitement justifiedxthumbsupx

elon77
August 13th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the site of the best damn college football fans in America (except for citdog, of course!). :-)

the rabid poodlexlolx xlolx xlolx

phoenixphanatic21
August 13th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I would be worried if you weren't excited. Congrats to you guys and I wish you the best of luck.

And question, can we just name citdog the most delusional fanbase? xlolx xlolx xlolx He's crazy enough to cover any team's fans...and not crazy in a good way. xnonox

ngineer
August 13th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Congratulations! Must be interesting to be 'present at the creation'.;)

McNeese75
August 13th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the Show!!! xthumbsupx

Tod
August 13th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Been looking forward to it for a long time as well, though not as much as you, I'm sure. xnodx xnodx xnodx

IndianaAppMan
August 13th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Good for ODU. Great potential for rivalries, especially with W&M.

Seawolf97
August 13th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Good Luck on 2009 and beyond !