PDA

View Full Version : The NEC finally gets a game on (regional) TV, and its...

hebmskebm
August 13th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Wagner-Sacred Heart???? http://sacredheartpioneers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081208aaa.html

Are there any other regionally telecasted NEC games this year???

danefan
August 13th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Not the first time a game has had regional TV. But you're right, its stupid to have that game on.

UNH 1999
August 13th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Wow, that should be thrilling....

89Hen
August 13th, 2008, 02:21 PM
No offense to our one Wagner fan here, but do you think this game being on TV helps or actually hurts the NEC? I honestly don't know.

rmutv
August 13th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Not even close to being the first time on regional television. Robert Morris has been a mainstay on FSN Pittsburgh. Albany has been on Time Warner Cable and other networks in New York.

aceinthehole
August 13th, 2008, 02:37 PM
First of all, this is not the first regional TV game for the NEC. xnonox

We've had games for some years now. I know CCSU has had at least 1 game on regional canble for the past 3 seasons.

Last year, we had 2 games:
Monmouth at CCSU (FSN-NY, FCS-Atlantic, Cox-CT/RI)
RMU at Albany (FSN-Pitt, Time Warner, FCS-Atlantic)

Second, the SHU-Wagner games is scheduled for MSG PLUS. I have no problem giving all programs some exposure (it will only help). Furthermore, I assure you it won't be the only NEC game on TV. I'd guess the conference is still trying to finalize some more games and that's why we haven't seen an offiocial release from the NEC yet. This game was likely announced early because it involves a change in date (and the SHU release metions a NEC TV "package").

Last year they didn't announce the TV package until Sept. 5.
http://www.northeastconference.org/News/fball/2007/9/5/fb-tvschedule07.asp?path=fball

dgreco
August 13th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Cox has aired CCSU games and Bryant games.

89Hen
August 13th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I just can't believe that the NEC's first game on TV is this one. xsmhx

Dane96
August 13th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Ridiculous. I dunno...Duquense vs. Albany on the 14th would be a good start.

Either Albany will be hurt and looking for their first win...or they could be in at-large contention...which would mean they are 2-2 or 3-1...and that would make the game huge.

danefan
August 13th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I just can't believe that the NEC's first game on TV is this one. xsmhx

Its not the first game.

I played against Monmouth in a live MSG game when I was a junior.

10-7 loss.

danefan
August 13th, 2008, 02:49 PM
MSG Plus is what used to be called Fox Sports-New York. Same channel.

Dane96
August 13th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I think he meant this year, Danefan. I could be wrong.

downbythebeach
August 13th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I was gonna say
they have had t.v. games from the Pine Bowl (Saint Francis)
within the last 2 years

Seawolf97
August 13th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I think the Albany-Hofstra game or Monmouth-Coastal Carolina would attract more attention than Wagner-SHU . It would also highlight 2 top programs in the NEC playing full scholarship opponents.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 13th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Y'all forget that it's up against Wofford/App State the same night... and that it has to be OK with the local high schools. App State had to very gingerly tread that line with the Wofford game, if you'll recall.

That may explain why RMU (vs. CCSU) or Albany (vs. Monmouth) couldn't be scheduled for Friday. Connecticut high schools (to the best of my knowledge) don't care about a Friday game, whereas Pennsylvania ones definitely do and Albany ones may care.

Having said that, Albany vs. Monmouth would have been a "fire up the TiVo" game for me. Wagner vs. Sacred Heart? Eh, not so much.