PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern Rolls

EagleCrusade
October 22nd, 2005, 07:01 PM
Georgia Southern got back on track this afternoon in a 49-14 rout of Southern Conference opponent The Citadel.

Georgia Southern looked like a team on a mission after being embarrased last weekend in the mountains of Boone, North Carolina.

A healthy Jayson Foster got help from his o-line as they provided necessary blocks for his PASSING game.

The Rabbits of SDSU are next on Georgia Southern's quest for their 7th National Title.

The Eagles need to win only just their next 7 games to acheive that feat.

GSU Eagle
October 22nd, 2005, 07:38 PM
The GSU I saw today bore no resemblance to the team playing in Boone last week. Citadel had a reputation as being a good defensive team. Today we ran up and down the field all day. Except for some dumb false start type penalties we could have scored 2 or maybe 3 more touchdowns. Not that I saying we need to run up the score, but we were totally dominant today.

Well next week we go to South Dakota St. for a game.

Saint3333
October 22nd, 2005, 08:05 PM
It's the same team, just a different opponent and atmosphere.

Congrats on the win keep it up, I want things back to normal the Big 3 in the playoffs.

Baldy
October 22nd, 2005, 08:39 PM
It's the same team, just a different opponent and atmosphere.

Nope, this is the team that toasted Western, Chatt, and Elon. The team you saw last week is the team that played McNeese & Wofford.
Two very different teams.

GSU Eagle
October 22nd, 2005, 08:53 PM
Watching the game today was very refreshing once again. We ran a number of different plays, actually threw it 10 times and completed 7, and were more unpredictable. Last week we ran the fullback up the middle to infinity.

Some games (like the WCU games and today), we open it up and the defense doesn't know what is coming. But in other games (see Wofford and App.) we are unbelievably predictatable in the play calling.

Anyway we still have a breath left. To get to the playoffs we have to win the last 3, including a very big game vs. Furman.

AppStateSVX
October 22nd, 2005, 08:55 PM
Indeed, congrats on the win, Citadel gave Furman a good run last week, so they shouldn't be underminded

Saint3333
October 22nd, 2005, 09:04 PM
Next time you get on the bus to Boone, I'd bring the other team if I were you... :confused:

SoCon48
October 22nd, 2005, 10:05 PM
Nope, this is the team that toasted Western, Chatt, and Elon. The team you saw last week is the team that played McNeese & Wofford.
Two very different teams.

vs a different defense and offense

SuperEagle
October 22nd, 2005, 10:43 PM
Next time you get on the bus to Boone, I'd bring the other team if I were you... :confused:
Well you do us a favor too. When you get to the playoffs, actually show up.
You guys do a great job when you play us and most Southern fans have a ton of respect for you. But come playoff time, you seem to vanish.
If you could play in the playoffs like you did against us you would be tough to stop. We'll see.

Saint3333
October 22nd, 2005, 11:00 PM
Trust me I wish the same thing every year we make it. ASU seems to peak mid-season where GSU and other eventual National Champions peak at year-end. As much as we give GSU hell, you're football program obviously has our respect as well.

Hey if we get one or two home games that wouldn't hurt.

Good luck versus Furman in a couple of weeks.

youwouldno
October 22nd, 2005, 11:39 PM
They're gonna need it. Hard to stop a J-Train.

SoCon48
October 23rd, 2005, 08:11 AM
Georgia Southern got back on track this afternoon in a 49-14 rout of Southern Conference opponent The Citadel.

Georgia Southern looked like a team on a mission after being embarrased last weekend in the mountains of Boone, North Carolina.

A healthy Jayson Foster got help from his o-line as they provided necessary blocks for his PASSING game.

The Rabbits of SDSU are next on Georgia Southern's quest for their 7th National Title.

The Eagles need to win only just their next 7 games to acheive that feat.

Foster said in the paper that his blister didn't bother him at all in Boone,

blueballs
October 23rd, 2005, 08:14 AM

He GOT blistered in Boone.

Sometimes it takes getting whipped, embarrassed and your candy stolen to make somebody stand up and fight. Maybe that has happened with this bunch. We'll know for sure in a couple of weeks.

gsugt1
October 23rd, 2005, 12:41 PM

Not practicing all week did bother him.

Kill'em
October 23rd, 2005, 02:10 PM
Other than the one fumble, Foster played his best game of the season.. As much grief as he gets for his passing, he is improving each week. Hiis throw to Dickerson at the end of the first half was a bullet!
Outside of the opening drives of both halves, the defense shut down The Citadel.

asu70
October 23rd, 2005, 07:11 PM
If you're going to have a chance to beat FU, you better hope GSU brings their A game or ya'll are in big trouble. If GSU has their A game, that game will be one heck of a contest.

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2005, 07:23 PM
Well you do us a favor too. When you get to the playoffs, actually show up.
You guys do a great job when you play us and most Southern fans have a ton of respect for you. But come playoff time, you seem to vanish.
If you could play in the playoffs like you did against us you would be tough to stop. We'll see.

If the Red Sox can win the world series, the White Sox can make it there (and are winning)...App St can end it's playoff curse-without-a-cool-name this year. We have a great team and IMO are getting better every game. Thats what great teams do. We'll see.

gsugt1
October 24th, 2005, 07:09 AM
If you're going to have a chance to beat FU, you better hope GSU brings their A game or ya'll are in big trouble. If GSU has their A game, that game will be one heck of a contest.

I am not really worried about Furman. Playing them at home is a huge advantage. If the team that played last Saturday shows up Furman is in trouble.

OL FU
October 24th, 2005, 07:10 AM
I am not really worried about Furman. Playing them at home is a huge advantage. If the team that played last Saturday shows up Furman is in trouble.

That's the attitude. Hope your players feel the same way.

blueballs
October 24th, 2005, 07:41 AM

They had BETTER feel that way, I would expect the same from Furman as well.

As Pat Riley said in his book "The Winner Within" true basketball (in this case football) excellence comes with the knowledge that your only true opponent is your own achievement and potential. When the individuals on the team make the commitment to the team a synergistic effect takes place that makes the opponent irrelevent. "Football" excellence comes with the sustained achievement of championship level play, which makes your true opponent yourself, your own potential.

What I'm fumbling around saying here is that if either of these squads, with the talent on hand, plays to their full potential they will win. Period. Therefore their true competition is their own potential and performance. I WANT our kids feeling like that, because that is true championship level confidence, not arrogance or cockiness.

OL FU
October 24th, 2005, 07:47 AM

As Pat Riley said in his book "The Winner Within" true basketball (in this case football) excellence comes with the knowledge that your only true opponent is your own achievement and potential. When the individuals on the team make the commitment to the team a synergistic effect takes place that makes the opponent irrelevent. "Football" excellence comes with the sustained achievement of championship level play, which makes your true opponent yourself, your own potential.

What I'm fumbling around saying here is that if either of these squads, with the talent on hand, plays to their full potential they will win. Period. Therefore their true competition is their own potential and performance. I WANT our kids feeling like that, because that is true championship level confidence, not arrogance or cockiness.

There is a big difference in thinking, believing you are going to win and not being worried.

OL FU
October 24th, 2005, 07:48 AM

There is a big difference in believing you are going to win and not being worried. Saying you are not worried is like saying you are not concerned. and that is not the way to go into this game for either team.

gsugt1
October 24th, 2005, 07:58 AM

Truth hurts :eek:

Eaglegus2
October 24th, 2005, 08:05 AM
I don't expect the Team to be overly confident to the point of arrogance.

They have to believe in themselves.

OL FU
October 24th, 2005, 08:06 AM
I don't expect the Team to be overly confident to the point of arrogance.

They have to believe in themselves.

I agree that is the case.

OL FU
October 24th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Truth hurts :eek:

I would say more to the point, if you think that game is in the bag, foolish would be a more appropriate response.

Baldy
October 24th, 2005, 08:55 AM
I would say more to the point, if you think that game is in the bag, foolish would be a more appropriate response.

Now you are really stretching it. :cool:

OL FU
October 24th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Now you are really stretching it. :cool:

That's my job :D

Eaglegus2
October 24th, 2005, 09:11 AM
That's my job :D

You work in a rubber band factory?

J/K........ :D

gsugt1
October 24th, 2005, 10:07 AM
As a fan I can be confident.

OL FU
October 24th, 2005, 12:52 PM
You work in a rubber band factory?

J/K........ :D

:D :D

Kill'em
October 25th, 2005, 06:58 AM
I'm not worried about our offense, I worry about whether our defense can stop Furman's offense.

OL FU
October 25th, 2005, 07:00 AM
I'm not worried about our offense, I worry about whether our defense can stop Furman's offense.

You stole my post but it was the other way around :)