PDA

View Full Version : A-10?

nevadagriz
October 22nd, 2005, 06:40 PM
Could some one please give me a updated A-10 standings and over all records? Thanks in advance.

Tribe4SF
October 22nd, 2005, 06:59 PM
North

UMass..............5-0..........6-1
UNH.................4-1..........6-1
Hofstra.............2-2..........4-3
Rhode Island,,,,,,2-3..........4-4
Northeastern......1-4.........1-6
Maine................0-4.........2-5

South

Richmond............4-1.........4-3
W&M..................3-1.........5-2
JMU...................2-2.........4-3
Towson..............2-3.........5-3
Delaware............1-3.........4-3
Villanova............1-3.........3-4

JMUfan2008
October 22nd, 2005, 07:05 PM
Richmond............4-2.........4-4
JMU...................3-2.........5-3

...this is what it should be after next week considering it's a home game on our turf on Homecoming. If we don't win that...I don't know what I'll do....

Tod
October 22nd, 2005, 07:05 PM
North

South

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WTG Richmond!

TigerFan17
October 22nd, 2005, 07:14 PM
Holy **** I just realized Richmond is 4-1!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tod
October 22nd, 2005, 07:24 PM
Holy **** I just realized Richmond is 4-1!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek: :eek: What's their remaining schedule??

soccerguy315
October 22nd, 2005, 07:38 PM
Richmond has:
@JMU
VMI
@Towson
W&M

JMUfan2008
October 22nd, 2005, 07:49 PM
Richmond has:
@JMU
VMI
@Towson
W&M

I say they'll lose to JMU (or atleast hope they do) and possibly W&M, but if not, look for them to go a long way in the playoffs....(and even if they do lose one or both, they could pull what JMU pulled last year...)

umassfan
October 22nd, 2005, 08:14 PM
Richmonds only A10 loss is to UMass in week 1

00bluehen
October 22nd, 2005, 08:21 PM
Luckily for UMass, that was before Clawson realized not starting Tutt at QB was a gargantuan mistake.

DB_Atlantic10
October 22nd, 2005, 08:23 PM
The A-10 south is becoming a big mystery each week.....

DB_Atlantic10
October 22nd, 2005, 08:25 PM
I say they'll lose to JMU (or atleast hope they do) and possibly W&M, but if not, look for them to go a long way in the playoffs....(and even if they do lose one or both, they could pull what JMU pulled last year...)

Ok, no more predictions for the Dukes....it only seems to jinks them... :cool:

JMUfan2008
October 22nd, 2005, 08:34 PM
Ok, no more predictions for the Dukes....it only seems to jinks them... :cool:

if it was just a jinx that i thought was screwing JMU up I would stop talking all together so we would win, but I'm afraid we're just not going into the games with any heart...last year skill wise we weren't the best team out there, but we had a passion for the game that I don't see this year, and I think we probably have a better team than last year. We've had all close losses, @CCU we lost by 4, @UMass we lost by 3, and @Del we lost by 6. Last year we played harder and pulled those close ones out. If we can figure out how to work together a little better I think we could win, but until then we'll keep losing :(

DB_Atlantic10
October 22nd, 2005, 08:51 PM
I'm felling yah.....nothing personal, we just seem to lose the games we are supposed to not only win, but win big...

I just think that the offensive philsophy is way too conservative in bad weather.......we have the talent to score at will, but rely too much on the defense in tight games instead of just going for the juggular. It doesn't make any sense to me when we have so many WRs and TBs...why not more Fenner today? So many weapons, but we haven't played to dominate.... When we were down, we scored in less than a minute each time, but when things were even, it was back to normal predictable offense......

Well I know this, if we dont' win out, the play-offs are a kiss good-bye and that still will require a few other things to happen......

blukeys
October 22nd, 2005, 09:42 PM
I'm felling yah.....nothing personal, we just seem to lose the games we are supposed to not only win, but win big...

I just think that the offensive philsophy is way too conservative in bad weather.......we have the talent to score at will, but rely too much on the defense in tight games instead of just going for the juggular. It doesn't make any sense to me when we have so many WRs and TBs...why not more Fenner today? So many weapons, but we haven't played to dominate.... When we were down, we scored in less than a minute each time, but when things were even, it was back to normal predictable offense......

Well I know this, if we dont' win out, the play-offs are a kiss good-bye and that still will require a few other things to happen......

So you really thought you could waltz into Newark and get a win by throwing your NC trophy out on the field. Figure it out now, the A-10 is brutal and you guys were beat handily today. Fenner was not the best RB on the field today. The best RB got 233 yards rushing. Your defense was on the field for 34:00 minutes today and could not stop the run. You guys scored in record time against a freshman dominated defense when they were playing prevent after you were 2 TD's behind in the 4th quarter. You didn't score against UD's regular defense. Today was no fluke.

You were well positioned last year for a playoff run. This year you must beat the A-10. Winning in the playoffs can be less difficult than winning the A-10. Until you realize that you will lose. UD is better than Coastal Carolina, Del State and others. Quit your whining. You have the bulls eye on your back. This is how it feels. ;)

DB_Atlantic10
October 22nd, 2005, 09:58 PM
So you really thought you could waltz into Newark and get a win by throwing your NC trophy out on the field. Figure it out now, the A-10 is brutal and you guys were beat handily today. Fenner was not the best RB on the field today. The best RB got 233 yards rushing. Your defense was on the field for 34:00 minutes today and could not stop the run. You guys scored in record time against a freshman dominated defense when they were playing prevent after you were 2 TD's behind in the 4th quarter. You didn't score against UD's regular defense. Today was no fluke.

You were well positioned last year for a playoff run. This year you must beat the A-10. Winning in the playoffs can be less difficult than winning the A-10. Until you realize that you will lose. UD is better than Coastal Carolina, Del State and others. Quit your whining. You have the bulls eye on your back. This is how it feels. ;)

I'll admit, UDel came to play, you had your backs against the wall and made a great win....but you speak as though JMU should not have been on the same field....so if we played your backups, then who did Richmond and Towson play against? Now I'm at a loss....

colgate13
October 22nd, 2005, 09:59 PM
North

South

I was wondering...

I know there are four weeks of football left, but as it stands now, has anyone noticed that the top two teams in the Patriot League have defeated the top two teams in the A-10? If records hold out, has that ever happened before?

blukeys
October 22nd, 2005, 10:39 PM
I'll admit, UDel came to play, you had your backs against the wall and made a great win....but you speak as though JMU should not have been on the same field....so if we played your backups, then who did Richmond and Towson play against? Now I'm at a loss....

How did you come to the conclusion that I suggested that JMU should not have been on the same field?

I actually said this "So you really thought you could waltz into Newark and get a win by throwing your NC trophy out on the field" By this I was suggesting you (JMU) took UD too lightly please learn to read

I also said that the best RB today got 233 yards rushing. Do you deny that Omar Cuff was the better back today? What did Fenner get? What did Banks get?

As for backups anyone who has followed Delaware on this board knows that UD has had significant injury problems this year including losing the best 2 wideout receivers from last year(David Boler and Justin Long) for the year.

Starters who returned today even if only for certain plays were Stephen Purkey (Freshman) broken arm and Jeremy Kamentz (Freshman) sprained knee. Delaware is currently using their 3rd string punter with their first 2 being lost to injury. Their kicker was suspended today for missing a team meeting and the 2nd team kicker was injured so today UD used their 3rd team kicker against JMU. Thanks to injuries Delaware has used 43 different players in a starting role. They have lost 2 O linemen for the year not including one who was banished from the team for disciplinary reasons in February. Roger Brown Team captain and UD's best D-Back is out for the rest of the season due to problems with a sports hernia.

I can PM you a complete list of UD's injury problems but you are quite right UD did beat you today with backups especially on the O-Line and the D secondary. I appreciate your concern about UD and you are quite right that in the majority of positions UD beat you with backups. Unfortunately, the injury situation was even worse with Hofstra and Richmond. So while UD beat you with a very young line up we also beat you with the 3rd string punter and 3rd string kicker.

Next year we get back David Boler and Roger Brown plus we lose no one who was significant in beating JMU. Enjoy the off season. Next year UD will be tougher.

blukeys
October 22nd, 2005, 10:49 PM
I was wondering...

I know there are four weeks of football left, but as it stands now, has anyone noticed that the top two teams in the Patriot League have defeated the top two teams in the A-10? If records hold out, has that ever happened before?

Has anyone noticed that the 4th place team in the A-10 south has beaten the top 2 teams in the PL.

I'm sorry Delaware hasn't played Colgate to date. Well we all know how that matchup turns out.!!! ;) ;) ;)

There is no greater fun than beating up on Colgate13 ;) ;) ;) ;)

nevadagriz
October 22nd, 2005, 11:01 PM
Does anyone have the preseason order of finish from the A-10? Who was picked first in each division before the season started? You A-10 fans have as messed up of a conference as The Big Sky. It is fun and VERY frustrating to be in a conference where everybody can beat everbody on anygiven saturday. One thing for sure no matter which team or teams make it from the A-10 they will be damn tough in the playoffs.
Good luck to all of you the rest of the year.

blukeys
October 22nd, 2005, 11:16 PM
Does anyone have the preseason order of finish from the A-10? Who was picked first in each division before the season started? You A-10 fans have as messed up of a conference as The Big Sky. It is fun and VERY frustrating to be in a conference where everybody can beat everbody on anygiven saturday. One thing for sure no matter which team or teams make it from the A-10 they will be damn tough in the playoffs.
Good luck to all of you the rest of the year.

Without a doubt one of the more useless bits of information would be the preseason order of finish from the A-10 including Who was picked first in each division before the season started.

If one is actually picked to finish first in any division it is usually the kiss of death. This is docunented your team will suffer. It is far better just to wait and see who survives the A-10 inevitable pounding. In the A-10 everyone suffers and no one survives get used to it.

lugo02
October 22nd, 2005, 11:30 PM
Has anyone noticed that the 4th place team in the A-10 south has beaten the top 2 teams in the PL.

I'm sorry Delaware hasn't played Colgate to date. Well we all know how that matchup turns out.!!! ;) ;) ;)

There is no greater fun than beating up on Colgate13 ;) ;) ;) ;)
Colgate13 is referring to Lafayette beating Richmond
and Colgate beating UMass and you are refering to Delaware's win over Lehigh and Holy Cross.
As of this week. Colgate and Lafayette are the top two teams in the PL and UMass and Richmond are the top 2 teams in the A-12

JMUfan2008
October 22nd, 2005, 11:32 PM
in the A-13

hahaha, nice... :D

charliej
October 22nd, 2005, 11:57 PM
The A-10 south is becoming a big mystery each week.....

The only thing mysterious about Nova this year is how in the hell did we beat Penn? :confused: :bang: