PDA

View Full Version : UD's new uniforms

ChickenMan
August 11th, 2008, 10:26 AM
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=BL&Dato=20080811&Kategori=SPORTS&Lopenr=808110801&Ref=PH&Item=2&Maxh=338&MaxW=516&border=0&Q=100

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=BL&Dato=20080811&Kategori=SPORTS&Lopenr=808110801&Ref=PH&Item=6&Maxh=338&MaxW=516&border=0&Q=100

I'm not to thrilled with the new 'modern' style.. I prefer the more traditional look...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2300/2095380147_fa4af3127b.jpg?v=1197297023

furman94
August 11th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I like the Nike ones...

89Hen
August 11th, 2008, 10:28 AM
xoopsx xsmhx I like the old ones too. The only upside is we will actually be able to buy authentic jerseys for the first time.

Dukie95
August 11th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I'm a little torn. I think the new ones are sharp, but you guys had a classic look that I always thought was cool.

SideLine Shooter
August 11th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I'm a little torn. I think the new ones are sharp, but you guys had a classic look that I always thought was cool.

I do agree. UD had classy unis. Maybe these will grow on us over time.

IndianaAppMan
August 11th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I bet a bunch of fans are going to be upset for having lost the classic look, so I hope Delaware got a handsome cut of money from Under Armour to make it worthwhile.

As for the unis, I personally think they look all right. The others were nice as well. But my opinion doesn't really count. Only Hen fans should. I just have a feeling that this change won't go over as positively with fans as App's switch from '04 to '05 did.

danefan
August 11th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Jersey is fine, but I don't like the pants. They should have stayed with a solid pant.

mainejeff
August 11th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Ugly.

Go...gate
August 11th, 2008, 11:02 AM

Ditto, but the new jerseys look like the style of the famous 1977-78 Notre Dame "Green Jerseys" which I have always liked.

appfan2008
August 11th, 2008, 11:07 AM
i like them both but the classic ones are much sharper and my favorite

IndianaAppMan
August 11th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Ugly.

They're not ugly. Go take a look at Oregon and Oregon State's. Those are so ugly that it's hard to even watch a game with those teams :pumpuke:

TheValleyRaider
August 11th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Old ones were definately nicer, but these aren't terrible

I actually like the way "Delaware" is on the front

DSUrocks07
August 11th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Whats the deal with UD getting new unis every year? I guess when you have money like that you can pull that off. Ours are still nice tho...we need a new helmet style tho IMO...

89Hen
August 11th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Whats the deal with UD getting new unis every year? I guess when you have money like that you can pull that off. Ours are still nice tho...we need a new helmet style tho IMO...
They tinkered with the old ones, but only minor changes. The two big changes in the past 5 years prior to this one was a change to the numbers in the road unis that was reversed the next year and making the helmet and jersey color match after 2003.

As long as they don't screw with the helmet, I'm OK with change... it will just take a while.

BTW, did you know the UD and Michigan "wings" are slightly different? xeyebrowx xnodx

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 11th, 2008, 12:00 PM
The pants and the number are too bright. I like the old ones better, but it's not bad-looking.

MR. CHICKEN
August 11th, 2008, 12:03 PM
NEW UNI'S BORDER ON.....NASCAR.......DRIVER OUTFITS.......DEY'RE TO BUSY.......AN' WHIFF DUH.......HELMET.....GET REALLY LOUD!........AH PREFER DUH PLAIN & UNDERSTATED....MAHSELF............BRAWK/OBAMA!

HiHiYikas
August 11th, 2008, 12:31 PM
First, ROMAN/SERIF FONTS DO NOT BELONG ON FOOTBALL JERSEYS (Mountaineers, Hens, I'm looking in your general direction.)

Second, there shouldn't be that much space between the school name (which really isn't even needed on a football uniform) and the player number. Wear your number high on your chest, not partway your belly. You don't want you larger players looking like billiard balls out there.

Third, the white outline around the numbers adds absolutely nothing to the look of the shirt. In fact, the outline-less numbers on the previous jerseys look much better. Somebody out there is designing for the sake of design.

I think it was Pete Seeger who said "Any darn fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."

th0m
August 11th, 2008, 12:53 PM
They tinkered with the old ones, but only minor changes. The two big changes in the past 5 years prior to this one was a change to the numbers in the road unis that was reversed the next year and making the helmet and jersey color match after 2003.

As long as they don't screw with the helmet, I'm OK with change... it will just take a while.

BTW, did you know the UD and Michigan "wings" are slightly different? xeyebrowx xnodx

You mean the color's different right? Or are the wings different too?

slostang
August 11th, 2008, 01:04 PM
The classic one are cool, but I like the new ones.

89Hen
August 11th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I think it was Pete Seeger who said "Any darn fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
xlolx xnodx Or like Eric Clapton who said "It's not the notes you play, it's the ones you don't play."

89Hen
August 11th, 2008, 01:10 PM
You mean the color's different right? Or are the wings different too?
The colors are different, but I meant the shape of actual wings. I'm not sure I can find the photos to show it, but the Michigan wing is taller in the front where the hump is.

MR. CHICKEN
August 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM
NOW WE LOOK LIKE MCNEESE STATE....WHIFF MICHIGAN HELMETS...xsmhx...BRAWK/OBAMA!

ericsaid
August 11th, 2008, 02:01 PM
The new age isn't about being sharp, its about ruggedness. Those uniforms are going to be brighter and more visable as the numbers are outlines in white so its really all about presentation.

McNeese75
August 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM
NOW WE LOOK LIKE MCNEESE STATE....WHIFF MICHIGAN HELMETS...xsmhx...BRAWK/OBAMA!

xlolx xthumbsupx

ASU88
August 11th, 2008, 02:32 PM
The new ones aren't bad at all. They didn't go as far they they could have with that update. That being said, like most ... I thought the old ones looked just fine and didn't need changing.

You might find that they will grow on you.

I remember when App St went to the new style I didn't like them too much, but they have grown on me. When I look back at the older unis now I don't like them nearly as much as I thought I did.

TheValleyRaider
August 11th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I remember when App St went to the new style I didn't like them too much, but they have grown on me. When I look back at the older unis now I don't like them nearly as much as I thought I did.

Winning tends to do that to certain uniforms....

LacesOut
August 11th, 2008, 03:01 PM
They're ok, imo. And people/fans will get used to them. I still would like to see white pants at home and blue pants on the road.

The numbers on the backs of the jerseys seem REALLY BIG THOUGH.

89Hen
August 11th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I still would like to see white pants at home and blue pants on the road.
xconfusedx White pants? xsmhx and I love the road unis with the white on yellow.

GreatAppSt
August 11th, 2008, 03:14 PM
xnonono2x xnonono2x xsmhx xsmhx xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

jmc_jackrabbit
August 11th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. As the new, swoopy style goes, those are fine. But I prefer the simple, classic uniforms.

Appaholic
August 11th, 2008, 03:30 PM
The new ones aren't bad at all. They didn't go as far they they could have with that update. That being said, like most ... I thought the old ones looked just fine and didn't need changing.

You might find that they will grow on you.

Like the older ones better......and my favorite App jerseys are the throwbacks they are wearing against Jacksonville this year....but I like them better with black pants (mid-90's I think) and I like the helmet with the strip better.....least favorite is the uni's worn in +/-2002 (with Appalachian in block letters acrosse top front...xnonono2x )

ASU88
August 11th, 2008, 03:33 PM
... and I like the helmet with the strip better

No, no, no. I LOVE the helmets they wear today. And again, I didn't like the Block A when they first went to it, but I wouldn't change a thing now.

It's a matter of taste ... and I just happen to have better taste than you.
:D

LacesOut
August 11th, 2008, 03:38 PM
xconfusedx White pants? xsmhx and I love the road unis with the white on yellow.

Yep, white pants! I've always hated their yellow pants. Well any yellow pants, I guess. Steelers, Packers, etc.

On a side note, I also have never liked the winged helmet (GASP! A UD fan who doesn't like the famed and historic helmet design). But I know that will never change.

I guess I just want their uni's to be as different from Meeechigan's as possible.

MR. CHICKEN
August 11th, 2008, 03:42 PM
WHERE IT SAYS DELAWARE....ON DUH SHIRT........SHUDDAH HAD UH YOU-DEE EMBLEM......LIKE ....WHERE DUH COWBOY/BRONCO IS ON MC NEESE'S................BRAWK/OBAMA!

93henfan
August 11th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I like the shoes.

MR. CHICKEN
August 11th, 2008, 03:53 PM
MIGHT HAVE TA WEAR....DUH NEW GET-UP.........ON HALLOWEEN.....LOOP NIGHT...........NOW DAT SHOULD...SCARE OFF.....DUH MUGGERS.....AN' THIEVES.....DAT CALL WILMIN'TON........DA HOOD.....xeekx......BRAWK/OBAMA!

89Hen
August 11th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Yep, white pants! I've always hated their yellow pants. Well any yellow pants, I guess. Steelers, Packers, etc.

On a side note, I also have never liked the winged helmet (GASP! A UD fan who doesn't like the famed and historic helmet design). But I know that will never change.

I guess I just want their uni's to be as different from Meeechigan's as possible.
White pants and no winged helmet... Why not just have them wear green and purple soccer uniforms and be done with it? :p

chantster
August 11th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I like the classic looking unis...... Alabama, ND, Ga Southern, Michigan etc.

Love UD's helmets, but it doesn't go well with the new uniforms.

UA makes great lightweight unis. However their football shoes are horrible. I remember South Carolina players didn't like them. They feel cheap, rip easy, and doesn't have good stability. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVvjipPQ4nE

Supposedly, the new 2008 version are supposed to hold up better.

MR. CHICKEN
August 11th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I like the classic looking unis...... Alabama, ND, Ga Southern, Michigan etc.

Love UD's helmets, but it doesn't go well with the new uniforms.

UA makes great lightweight unis. However their football shoes are horrible. I remember South Carolina players didn't like them. They feel cheap, rip easy, and doesn't have good stability. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVvjipPQ4nE

Supposedly, the new 2008 version are supposed to hold up better.

TRIED TA TELL'EM.......:(..........BRAWK/OBAMA!

Go...gate
August 11th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Winning tends to do that to certain uniforms....

That's how the "'gate" logo/emblem came to be in 1977 and thereafter.... It is really the only fancy thing Colgate has used on its FB uniforms, which are, IMO, getting a little busy themselves these days.

PantherRob82
August 11th, 2008, 05:49 PM
now they can pop their jerseys to show they are Delaware. ;)

RadMann
August 11th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I don't really see them as that different. I guess I'm not all that caught up on uniforms. The helmet is the key and keeping the uniforms simpler is better. These new ones are fine though.