PDA

View Full Version : Harrisonburg Daily News Record: Madison Expects To Contend For I-AA Title

BDKJMU
August 10th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Course, there's about 10-15 other teams that expect to contend for the title too.

http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=30531&CHID=3&sub=

appstate38
August 10th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Whew I'm glad they cleared that up for us.... I was starting to worry!xrolleyesx

SideLine Shooter
August 10th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Course, there's about 10-15 other teams that expect to contend for the title too.

http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=30531&CHID=3&sub=

I certainly expect the Dukes to contend. They should beat Duke easily.

appst97
August 10th, 2008, 09:22 PM
confirmed what we already knew..... Mickey is a mouse, not a coach

Mountain Panther
August 10th, 2008, 10:00 PM
What's the "I-AA Title?"

BDKJMU
August 10th, 2008, 10:21 PM
What's the "I-AA Title?"

I've got a JMU poster that says "2004 I-AA National Champions"

ericsaid
August 10th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I certainly expect the Dukes to contend. They should beat Duke easily.

Maybe not easily but they certainly can. In 4 years if they play that could be a different story because of the new coaching staff and AD but until then there's no reason they really shouldn't. Should be a good game, maybe Duke would play better if they traveled to Harrisonburg.

BDKJMU
August 10th, 2008, 10:27 PM
"Defensively, the Dukes need to find a second linebacker to play alongside senior D.J. Brandon.

Once again, they might be forced to press a true freshman into service. A string of Dukes have played at the position as rookies, dating back to Akeem Jordan, who was forced into action in 2003 because of an injury to Derick Pack. Jordan, a former Harrisonburg High School star, is now in the NFL."

Well, LB Jamie Veney (listed 6'3", 215), right now who I heard has been getting reps with the 1st team, is technically a true freshman eligibility wise, but he's also 2 seasons removed from high school with a year of Div I caliber (well, at least Div I JV caliber) experience under his belt on Fork Unions Military Academy's (FUMA) post grad team highly touted post grad team which every year has a double digit # of recruits get Div I schollies. One of 2 JMU LB recruits from FUMA's PG team (FUMA also has a HS team). One of the top PG teams in the nation- they play other PG teams, JUCOS, and Div I JVs. Big difference between a PG recruit and a true freshman just out of HS.

slostang
August 10th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I expect JMU to be one of the last teams standing come the end of the season. They are loaded.

uofmman1122
August 10th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I've got a JMU poster that says "2004 I-AA National Champions"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!xnonono2x

xlolx

Grizalltheway
August 10th, 2008, 10:50 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!xnonono2x

xlolx

Ditto. Another one of those "didn't happen as far as I'm concerned" games. xrulesx

uofmman1122
August 10th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Ditto. Another one of those "didn't happen as far as I'm concerned" games. xrulesxxlolxxlolx

Those are the exact same words I used to describe that game to my Bobcat friend.

appfan2008
August 11th, 2008, 07:41 AM
thats great they hope to "contend" for a title... but we do to!

ASUMountaineer
August 11th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I've got a JMU poster that says "2004 I-AA National Champions"

Yeah, then it was the I-AA National Championship. Now, it is the NCAA Division I National Championship (or FCS National Championship). I-AA doesn't exist anymore, for better or worse. Appalachian was the last I-AA National Champion and the only FCS National Champion.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
August 11th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Ditto. Another one of those "didn't happen as far as I'm concerned" games. xrulesx

Sounds like the UNH game in Missoula that same season! ;) xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Sure haven't agonized over that game like a couple of games with some Panthers a little to your East! xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx :D :D

3rd Coast Tiger
August 11th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah, then it was the I-AA National Championship. Now, it is the NCAA Division I National Championship (or FCS National Championship). I-AA doesn't exist anymore, for better or worse. Appalachian was the last I-AA National Champion and the only FCS National Champion.

ASUMountaineer, you are teaching TexasTerror's history class. xnonox

IndianaAppMan
August 11th, 2008, 12:08 PM
xeekx

A team that is pre-season No. 4, 3, 2, and 1, depending on the source, expects to contend for the national title!

That's almost as daring as John McCain and Barack Obama expectations to contend for the presidency.

uofmman1122
August 11th, 2008, 03:49 PM
ASUMountaineer, you are teaching TexasTerror's history class. xnonoxHistory?

I thought it was Semantics 101

xlolx

ASUMountaineer
August 11th, 2008, 05:46 PM
ASUMountaineer, you are teaching TexasTerror's history class. xnonox

What about it?