PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Flacco Friday?

smallcollegefbfan
August 9th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Ouch! 0 for 3 passing and minus 3 yards rushing. He also lost a fumble. Tough night. Anyone actually watch it? I have only seen the stats.

UNH 40
August 10th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I watched the whole game. Flacco looked down right terrible in that game. He made poor decision making, lacked touch on the balls that he threw, and seemed to feel uncomfortable from the word go. From what I saw he isn't close to playing anytime soon.

smallcollegefbfan
August 10th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I watched the whole game. Flacco looked down right terrible in that game. He made poor decision making, lacked touch on the balls that he threw, and seemed to feel uncomfortable from the word go. From what I saw he isn't close to playing anytime soon.

Most who saw him felt that he wasn't ready. He could be good but like most QBs needs time to develop.

USDFAN_55
August 11th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I don't think it's fair to judge after very limited time. Afterall, it was his first NFL experience. I can see how it looks bad though looking at his stats. I didn't think he'd start this year anyways. Boller or Smith will start, giving Flacco more time to learn and adjust.

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM
You were probably asleep when he finally came in. He didn't look good, but "poor decision making" when attempting three passes, only one of which was thrown with any kind of protection? xcoffeex

FWIW, he is close to playing soon. He'll be on the field in two days for the next meaningless pre-season game. xpeacex

93henfan
August 14th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Yes, maybe we should give the rookie more than three attempts to form our opinion, no?

bleedblue
August 14th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Yes, maybe we should give the rookie more than three attempts to form our opinion, no?

People had opinions before he ever threw a pass. You are not going to stop that. For Joe's sake he needs to sit, learn and progress all season from the sidelines. He's learning a new game now.

smallcollegefbfan
August 14th, 2008, 09:58 PM

I didn't form an opinion, just pointed out his numbers and wondered if anyone saw. I did not see him play in the game. It is early but you still want FCS players to do well anytime they take the field.

Hoyadestroya85
August 15th, 2008, 01:40 AM
supposedly.. the coaching staff is less than impressed with his decision making.. hopefully for his sake that will change

elcid96
August 15th, 2008, 08:29 AM
He will be traded at the end of the season and never start for any team, anywhere, anytime. Just my prediction.

WildcatFan
August 15th, 2008, 08:10 PM
You were probably asleep when he finally came in. He didn't look good, but "poor decision making" when attempting three passes, only one of which was thrown with any kind of protection? xcoffeex

FWIW, he is close to playing soon. He'll be on the field in two days for the next meaningless pre-season game. xpeacex

The pre-season is not meaningless for the rookies who have to show the coaches they have what it takes. Wishing Flacco all the best and hope he has a better showing next time out.

93henfan
August 17th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I give Joe a B for last night's game:

Came in with eight minutes left and ran two series, including 2-minute drill:

10 of 15 passes complete for 74 yards, two sacks, and no INTs behind an atrocious O-Line cast.

Mostly high percentage passes called and he looked good. He overthew a wide-open receiver in the slot for what would have been a 20 yard gain, but otherwise looked sharp with his touch. The sacks were a result of holding the ball too long, and there wasn't enough replay for me to determine if anyone was open, so not sure if they were coverage sacks or just missed reads.

Baltimore's O-line needs serious work. Smith was sacked twice and Boller once before Joe came in. Boller was hit so hard on his last sack I was surprised he popped back up. Smith and Boller were both picked once. Joe almost threw one pick but it didn't count due to a penalty.

It's probably best for Joe to watch this year instead of take the beating that Smith or Boller will have to endure behind that line.